Black Friday Deals (Pass or Grab?)

PMystic.1450

@Ghost.2961 said:I really want at least one of the deluxe editions to start my revenant but I've seen both of these get slashed to 50% off. Am I an idiot if I buy PoF deluxe upgrade for 25% off and HoT deluxe for 40% off? I will get both eventually, I'm just not sure about future sales.

You are confusing 'Deluxe Ugrades' with 'Expansions'. Two different birds. You won't be able to use the Upgrades offered in the Gem Store until you purchase the Expansions (Standard Edition only; if you purchase Deluxe Edition or Ultimate Edition, those Gem Store Upgrades would be worthless).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Ghost.2961 said:I really want at least one of the deluxe editions to start my revenant but I've seen both of these get slashed to 50% off. Am I an idiot if I buy PoF deluxe upgrade for 25% off and HoT deluxe for 40% off? I will get both eventually, I'm just not sure about future sales.

You are confusing 'Deluxe Ugrades' with 'Expansions'. Two different birds. You won't be able to use the Upgrades offered in the Gem Store until you purchase the Expansions (Standard Edition only; if you purchase Deluxe Edition or Ultimate Edition, those Gem Store Upgrades would be worthless).

To clarify, I already have both expansions. I just want the deluxe editions for completions sake. But I will stick with my gut and pass till they're both 50% off.

@Ghost.2961 said:

To clarify, I already have both expansions. I just want the deluxe editions for completions sake. But I will stick with my gut and pass till they're both 50% off.

Ok. 'Start my Revenant' seemed like you were looking for Heart of Thorns.The 50% off promotions for PoF were last in November of 2018 and May of 2019. The Anniversary Sales offered 30% off for PoF and 50% off for HoT.

@Ghost.2961 said:To clarify, I already have both expansions. I just want the deluxe editions for completions sake. But I will stick with my gut and pass till they're both 50% off.

In that case, look at the price. Compare that to the individual price of the bonus items (I know you can only get some of them via the upgrade, but compare them to similar other items). Factor in the sale on character slots this Friday, as the character slot is the most solidly useful thing of the bonuses. I can anecdotally tell you that I bought the HoT CE which had those items as well as 4K gems and the character slot is the only thing of lasting use there. I have one alt that clings to his ominous green glider, one spot in my guild hall that has a vine wall decoration I provided, I don't bother with character minis, I don't PvP so the finisher is moot ... that's all subjective value to me, so figure out for yourself if you'd rather just get a character slot on sale on Friday and forego the other items, or if that mini and finisher and glider are must haves and worth the price.

I'm not tempted by any of the things listed in the Black Friday announcement (I have both deluxe editions, really don't need more character slots and I don't do world bosses enough for the portal) but it seems those aren't the only offers going on right now and I am tempted by the Shiverpeaks mount pack which is back in the gem store.

Although it does make me wonder what other unannounced discounts/returning items there might be.