Access to Iceberg Saga

Titus.7694

I have a two questions, I'm currently playing the expansion started with HOT and then I will play POF. I was wanting to hold off playing the Iceberg saga until I finish the expansions but I'm afraid i might loose access to them later.

Should i play them now or should I hold off? Since I haven't played the expansions will I be lost in the Iceburg story?

There's no rush. The content will be there when you are ready.The story would make very little sense and would contain more than one spoiler.Quite honestly there is nothing in Icebrood that is worth rushing to. If you care about the story, take your time.If you don't, take your time anyways. It's a very short romp that's main purpose so far is to set things up for later.The new stuff ranks near the bottom of the content you have waiting for you.

There is no need to rush any part of the story, once it's unlocked on your account it will be available to you forever and you can play it whenever you like (including playing it on character created later on).

There are two ways to unlock living story episodes: log in during the 'release period' - the time between one episode and the next, like you did with The Icebook Saga. Or, if you miss that you can pay 200 gems to unlock it through the gem store. So even if you miss the release period for an episode you will be able to play it later on if you want to. :)

@Titus.7694 said:I have a two questions, I'm currently playing the expansion started with HOT and then I will play POF. I was wanting to hold off playing the Iceberg saga until I finish the expansions but I'm afraid i might loose access to them later.

Should i play them now or should I hold off? Since I haven't played the expansions will I be lost in the Iceburg story?

You don't have to worry, so long as you log in while a story chaptor is live you will unlock it forever on your account for free.

Hopefully you have the previous living worlds too as the story progresses through them as well.I strongly advise playing all story content in order for the best experience if you can.It goes like this.

Personal Story level 0-40. (upto Setting the Stage mission)Ascalon Catacombs story. (level 30 dungeon)Caudecus Manor story. (level 40 dungeon)Personal story level 40-50.Twilight Arbor story. (level 50 dungeon)Personal story level 50-60.Sorrow's Embrace story. (level 60 dungeon)Personal story level 60-70.Citadel of Flame story. (level 70 dungeon)Personal story level 70-80.Honor of the Waves story. (level 76 dungeon)Crucible of Eternity story. (level 78 dungeon)Personal story 80.The Ruined City of Arah story (level 80 dungeon)

Living world season 1 (unavailable)Twilight Arbor explorable Aetherpath (skippable)Living world season 2 (Sets up events of Heart of Thorns)Heart of ThornsLiving world season 3 (Sets up events of Path of Fire)Path of Fire (Sets up events of Season 4)Living world season 4Living world season 5 The Icebrood Saga

That's pretty much the games story in order and how I personally play it per character :)

@Danikat.8537 said:There is no need to rush any part of the story, once it's unlocked on your account it will be available to you forever and you can play it whenever you like (including playing it on character created later on).

There are two ways to unlock living story episodes: log in during the 'release period' - the time between one episode and the next, like you did with The Icebook Saga. Or, if you miss that you can pay 200 gems to unlock it through the gem store. So even if you miss the release period for an episode you will be able to play it later on if you want to. :)

Welcome to Icebrood Saga, known by many names: Iceberg Saga, Icebook Saga, IBS, and many more. ;)

While everything that has been said about the story in this thread is true, it is also worth mentioning that map content related to the story may become more difficult as time passes and there are fewer players engaged in content that is no longer associated with a current release. I have never personally found any content that I was unable to complete months or years after release, but it is a frequent complaint on the forum and worth considering as you make your decisions . . .

@Gop.8713 said:While everything that has been said about the story in this thread is true, it is also worth mentioning that map content related to the story may become more difficult as time passes and there are fewer players engaged in content that is no longer associated with a current release. I have never personally found any content that I was unable to complete months or years after release, but it is a frequent complaint on the forum and worth considering as you make your decisions . . .

I think it depends partially on when you're online. I almost always see people online on all the maps I'm on, and rarely have trouble getting a group together when I want it, but I usually play in the evenings and at weekends when most people are likely to be online. There's been times when someone complained on the forum that they couldn't do something because no one was ever around, I added them to my friends list so I could let them know when I see a group or offer to help them form one but I never see them online. I assume they're always playing at different times to me, which could explain the difference in our experiences.

I play on NA and am most active about six to nine hours after reset. I wouldn't expect that to be a highly populated slot, but as mentioned I'm never really lacking for ppl to do things with. But I know it's something ppl complain about so it seemed worth bringing up as no one had yet done so . . .

@Danikat.8537 said:

@yoni.7015 said:It’s called Icebrood ...

I was laughing pretty hard at Iceberg Saga XDMaybe that's what we can call the Kodan one later on haha

This seems to happen a lot with GW2 release names. My personal favourite (which happens a lot) is HoT being called either Heart of Th
r
ones or Game of Thorns.

Game of Thorns?! Play as a character in the legendary campaign of the Mad King Thorn as a noble or as a member of the Thorn family in this Epic Historical Human Saga.