For 200 gold ...

Adzekul.3104

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:The track is a giant Black Lion Chest with a guaranteed mount skin for only 600-700 gems...

For a reskin of a skin that only costs 400 gems.

That's also terribly inferior to the new Warclaw skin that's available from Black Lion Chests. I don't WvW, but I was happy to see that there was a mount skin attainable outside of the gem store when it was first announced. However, now that I've seen the skin itself and the way it's been released, it doesn't seem to great anymore. I'd probably be salty if I actually did WvW.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:The track is a giant Black Lion Chest with a guaranteed mount skin for only 600-700 gems...

90% of all mount skins are reskins, especially for 400 gems. The rest is more than made up with the remaining rewards in the track. Your point?

Aside from the 125 gem black lion chest key...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

90% of all mount skins are reskins, especially for 400 gems. The rest is more than made up with the remaining rewards in the track. Your point?

What remaining rewards? :D

@Fish.2769 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:The track is a giant Black Lion Chest with a guaranteed mount skin for only 600-700 gems...

• 1 BLC key
  • all 6 mount minis (valued at around 1.5g each, which means an immediate return of around 7-9 gold)
  • 1 BLC ticket (in form of 10 tickets scraps), another 25-50 gold depending on which skin you chose
  • 7 Mystic Clover (another 30 gold value in legendary crafting materials)
  • 3 boxes of Season 4 map materials
  • random other loot

The 200 gold price tag was to be expected. I'm sorry players once again got their hopes up for "free stuff". Anyone who spent 1 minute on looking at past reward implementation and tried approaches would have expected a price of 100-200 gold (based on gem value of regular mount skins). I was actually quite surprised there was that much extra stuff in that track. Honestly, I'd be rerunning that track for 100 gold even without the mount skin.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:The track is a giant Black Lion Chest with a guaranteed mount skin for only 600-700 gems...

• 1 BLC key
  • all 6 mount minis (valued at around 1.5g each, which means an immediate return of around 7-9 gold)
  • 1 BLC ticket (in form of 10 tickets scraps), another 25-50 gold depending on which skin you chose
  • random other loot

The 200 gold price tag was to be expected. I'm sorry players once again got their hopes up for "free stuff". Anyone who spent 1 minute on looking at past reward implementation and tried approaches would have expected a price of 100-200 gold (based on gem value of regular mount skins). I was actually quite surprised there was that much extra stuff in that track. Honestly, I'd be rerunning that track for 100 gold even without the mount skin.

Not in game, but it is or is not repeatable?

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

• 1 BLC key
  • random other loot

Not in game, but it is or is not repeatable?

Unfortunately it's not. One time only.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

To add to this: it's entirely optional whether to purchase this or not. None of the rewards are 'required' even if the implementation seems a touch mercenary to some.

Personally I had a look at the track contents and I'll pass. Maybe in a few months time when I'm flush after completing the next Legendary armor set.

This one stings after sticking it out to this point, this just feels fucking gross, either advertise chest keys and gemstore shit or give us a legit reward track. Hard enough to log in every day to a stale game with like five minutes of action a night to have Anet come at use like a junky and offer to sell us what should be ours already.

200 GOLD to open the track for the warclaw skin!?!?! the extra tracks for PvP are like 1/10th the cost for opening the characters for the Stronghold pvp. And you get a key! I am very disappointed in the cost difference. Once again I feel like WvW is getting screwed and the short end of the stick when it comes to gaming modes. WvW is the last to get updated and has the least rewards compared to other game modes! 200 gold is outrageous compared to the attention that WvW has lacked for YEARS. No wonder players are leaving in droves.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

• 1 BLC key
  • random other loot

no skin is worth 200g for me especially mount skin id probably wouldnt even buy a mount skin for 1g.

@reddie.5861 said:

• 1 BLC key
  • random other loot

no skin is worth 200g for me especially mount skin id probably wouldnt even buy a mount skin for 1g.

Sure, you are not forced in getting it. It's optional.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@jenroo.8467 said:People are so stingy. They pay money to keep the game running that you voluntarily dump hours of your life into. They can have $20 from me now and again.
shrugs
Thanks Anet you beautiful entity you.

Unlocking a reward track by spending 200g doesn't add any $$$ to ANET's revenue.

Except from those players who buy gems and convert them to gold, right?

I'm beginning to suspect Anet have just pulled off the greatest 'Bait and Switch' in WvW since the last great Hullabaaloo about nothing.

"Look over here at the 200G reward track, that's right, get angry at it, get mad, post your woes by the dozen."

Meanwhile in 600+ changeland: "*crickets"

Anet: "Good Lord - it worked again!"

Or in political terms - It's been a great day to bury bad news

@Cyninja.2954 said:

• 1 BLC key
  • random other loot

When we're told we'll get a skin that we can earn in game through a reward track (not gemstore) and then we find out our new thing is basically a gemstore item it doesn't matter if we're not forced or if it's optional, that's still a real letdown and says a lot about what they think of WvW players going forward.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

• 1 BLC key
  • random other loot

i know its but people like moi we do mainly WvW barely look on TP and just dump everything in bank or leave it in inventory do not even make close to 20g a week well i dont tbh since i dont even bother with dailys if i get them done nice if not cool also.

anyway i know im a expection but wvw doesnt yield shit load of gold i think 200 is over the top.especially when new mount skin is actually ugly as hell :x