FFS fix this goddamn pets coefficients already

storm.3120

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle?

I'm not sure what Death Breakdowns capture. I think OP said it was 3 autos that hit twice each. I'm going to assume he wasn't just standing there eating 3 bird autos. Could it have been 3 more or less random autos during the moments leading up to death? Maybe while CC'd or during downstate? The point being that these are pet
autos
hitting that hard. Just wondering.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Just dodge?

Imagine having two dodges. :\

Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less.

Someone ignoring this fact while sitting and allowing it to auto attack them 6x, sounds a lot more to me like an issue with idle players than it does an issue with balance.

You want to complain about Gazelles & Smokescales, ok. But Eagles? No, don't bandwagon that. To NOT kill an Eagle by accident, your DPS would have to be so low, that you must not be wearing an amulet or you lagged & DC'd or went AFK or something. <- I mean that's actually pretty spot on, truthfully.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle?

I'm not sure what Death Breakdowns capture. I think OP said it was 3 autos that hit twice each. I'm going to assume he wasn't just standing there eating 3 bird autos. Could it have been 3 more or less random autos during the moments leading up to death? Maybe while CC'd or during downstate? The point being that these are pet
autos
hitting that hard. Just wondering.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Just dodge?

Imagine having two dodges. :\

Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less.

That's a bold claim.

Please post a YouTube of Weaver/Tempest killing an Eagle in 2s or less. Restriction: that same build needs to be under target from the SB.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:These pet screenshots feel hilariously staged lately. Not saying they are. Saying it feels like it.

Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle?

Try attacking. The Eagle dies pretty much immediately if it gets hit by anything at all.

"Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle?"

LMFAOOO , I was thinking the same shit trevor LOL.

@Odik.4587 said:

@"Elmo Benchwarmer.3025" said:In before: You forum warriors
want to play god mode bruisers!

:pThis ranger mains on this forum are ridiculous, playing so strong braindead faceroll class and demand buffs all around, thats kitten crazy.

"playing so strong braindead faceroll"

Rangers attempt for almost since the game's existence in 2012 to have control over the pet entirely and not have this shitty AI following us around and doing dmg automatically.

We finally get something similar to that in Soulbeast (although not entirely), it gets nerfed repeatedly and people complain about it.

Having a pet is a blessing and a curse, yes it does dmg for you automatically, but most want to have control over that dmg without losing our own weapon dmg coefficients.

it's the reality, you're arguing that ranger is braindead but won't look at FB spam, core necro bunker shroud swapping, condi rev cancer and actually THINK about things that are slowly becoming meta over the ranger class you're complaining about.

You have no idea, OP, if rangers had control over their pets , you would be crying even more because we'd actually be doing the dmg and setting up their stuns and abilities and them not just automatically happening, then what would you cry about?

@"Odik.4587" said:Getting autoattacked by freaking bird for 3400 (because it hit twice,surprise) on light armor is ridiculous, its slightly less than getting mauled.F2 thats another story,hitting harder than maul and thanks to stupid thing as spammable maul its getting just insane (add sic em for 11k hits that only DE can achieve or zerk MoC mauls which is dumb too). Randomly getting hit by swoop on 6s cd? For 6.6k ... Thats next level BS.And all that with zero visual tell or whatsoever.Ranger can just run around while this pet literally does all the job. Ye, trying to kill the bird with all damage nerf around but not ranger (very wise /s) and waste your burst and he would just swap to another pet, genius level advices, keep it for yourself.What you see on the screen is just 3 pet autos because they hit twice. Just a reminder. Played it myself a lot lately, core ranger is legit stupid at the moment.I hope, I dont need to record a stupid video showing how bird auto-attacking people or F2 40-50% of their health?Om99yX5.jpghttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1169486/#Comment_1169486https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slash_(bird) Damage (2x): 842 (3.168)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swoop_(bird) Damage: 731 (2.75)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chilling_Slash Damage (2x): 1,462 (5.5)And other pets too, like gazelle still charged 8.100 after patch on marauder DH. Like, why it was left out?

But all the Mesmer “pets”, that do damage and also provide a number of benefits to the Mesmer in combat, are ok? Just Ranger pets?

Ya know, most Ranger pets miss if you simply move... just saying.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:Getting
autoattacked
by freaking bird for 3400 (because it hit twice,surprise) on light armor is ridiculous, its slightly less than getting mauled.F2 thats another story,hitting harder than maul and thanks to stupid thing as spammable maul its getting just insane (add sic em for 11k hits that only DE can achieve or zerk MoC mauls which is dumb too). Randomly getting hit by swoop on 6s cd? For 6.6k ... Thats next level BS.And all that with zero visual tell or whatsoever.Ranger can just run around while this pet literally does all the job. Ye, trying to kill the bird with all damage nerf around but not ranger (very wise /s) and waste your burst and he would just swap to another pet, genius level advices, keep it for yourself.What you see on the screen is just 3 pet autos because they hit twice. Just a reminder. Played it myself a lot lately, core ranger is legit stupid at the moment.I hope, I dont need to record a stupid video showing how bird auto-attacking people or F2 40-50% of their health?
Om99yX5.jpg
) Damage
(2x): 842 (3.168)
) Damage:
731 (2.75)
Damage
(2x): 1,462 (5.5)
And other pets too, like gazelle still charged 8.100 after patch on marauder DH. Like, why it was left out?

But all the Mesmer “pets”, that do damage and also provide a number of benefits to the Mesmer in combat, are ok? Just Ranger pets?

Ya know, most Ranger pets miss if you simply move... just saying.

Oh please, ask any Mesmer if they’d rather trade their pets, for anything else really. I’m willing to bet you won’t get a single response saying no to that.

Holy kitten! The hypocrisy...The same guys that made a crusade to delete mesmer from game suddenly use "strong" arguments such as "Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle" and "Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less."

Replace Eagle with clone and it makes even more sense.

is this like one of those screenshots where someone pulls up their death recap and Pig's Maul is combined with the GS Maul because the death recap sucks and does that?

not really sure it's the pet basic attacks rather than the activated ones like tiger leap or chilling slash that are the dumb part about them

but yo we're all down, make pet damage negligible and have em exist for utility purposesthen bump up the ranger's coefficients instead :^)

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Holy kitten! The hypocrisy...The same guys that made a crusade to delete mesmer from game suddenly use "strong" arguments such as "Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle" and "Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less."

No they don't really share any similarities asides from the fact that they're both AI.

For starters, killing a clone doesn't shut the mesmer down for the next 60 seconds.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Holy kitten! The hypocrisy...The same guys that made a crusade to delete mesmer from game suddenly use "strong" arguments such as "Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle" and "Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less."

No they don't really share any similarities asides from the fact that they're both AI.

For starters, killing a clone doesn't shut the mesmer down for the next 60 seconds.

Yeah they do not.Clones have way less hp, are easier to kite and avoid getting hit and do waaaaaayyyyy less damage even with IH and when they are killed shuts down immensely the mesmer damage.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Holy kitten! The hypocrisy...The same guys that made a crusade to delete mesmer from game suddenly use "strong" arguments such as "Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle" and "Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less."

Yeah they do not.Clones have way less hp, are easier to kite and avoid getting hit and do waaaaaayyyyy less damage even with IH and when they are killed shuts down immensely the mesmer damage.

And yet even after killing 8 of them, the mesmer doesn't really seem to have any issue summoning 3 more.

How about this? Mesmer gets 3 illusions that are up at all times. They have 5.3k HP each. Your F4 restores their health once every 20 seconds, but each one of them has a 60 respawn timer.

That's how mesmer clones would work if they functioned like pets. And since you think ranger pets are better than clones, you like this idea, right?

@apharma.3741 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Ah the typical ranger mains and deflection onto mesmer LUL

More like a mesmer main deflecting a ranger thread to mesmers. L2R

Literally 2 posts above:
OMEGALUL

Oh I don't know who Swagger is.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Holy kitten! The hypocrisy...The same guys that made a crusade to delete mesmer from game suddenly use "strong" arguments such as "Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle" and "Yeah but I don't really care about any argument here, because literally any class with any build can kill an Eagle in 2s or less."

And yet even after killing 8 of them, the mesmer doesn't really seem to have any issue summoning 3 more.

How about this? Mesmer gets 3 illusions that are up at all times. They have 5.3k HP each. Your F4 restores their health once every 20 seconds, but each one of them has a 60 respawn timer.

That's how mesmer clones would work if they functioned like pets. And since you think ranger pets are better than clones, you like this idea, right?

Exaggerating much.All clone summoning skills/traits have a CD.

Absolutely fine by me as long as each clone does 5k damage.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:These pet screenshots feel hilariously staged lately. Not saying they are. Saying it feels like it.

Try attacking. The Eagle dies pretty much immediately if it gets hit by anything at all.

Do I need to dump every single ability into a fucking bird so that I dont get hit by 5k+ pet autos.It could be fine and dandy if ranger couldnt just switch a pet and here we go again. Exept I have cooldowns, ranger and his pet dont.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:These pet screenshots feel hilariously staged lately. Not saying they are. Saying it feels like it.

Do I need to dump every single ability into a kitten bird so that I dont get hit by 5k+ pet autos.It could be fine and dandy if ranger couldnt just switch a pet and here we go again. Exept I have cooldowns, ranger and his pet dont.

Except you can walk away from the Eagle.

Like you can actually toggle run to walk, and move away from the Eagle, and it couldn't hit you.

It doesn't have Smoke Assault. It doesn't have a leap like the tiger. It doesn't even have CCs.

It has janky slow animation strikes that makes it stand still completely while it tries to hit you.

I repeat again, dying to an Eagle is just bad play man. It's indication of l2p issues or an idle player.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Do I need to dump every single ability into a kitten bird so that I dont get hit by 5k+ pet autos.It could be fine and dandy if ranger couldnt just switch a pet and here we go again. Exept I have cooldowns, ranger and his pet dont.

Ah yes, I forgot that rangers use the initiative and energy so we don't have any cooldowns.

You could try crippling the bird because there are very few ways to condi clear it btw.

So far, there is absolutely no arguments that justify absurd high damage coefficients that were left untouched on the pets.Nice try to change the subject and make it a mesmer thread. Keep it up /sThats funny, making a right call on something that must be fixed sent certain ranger main into child-rage

@Odik.4587 said:So far, there is absolutely no arguments that justify absurd high damage coefficients that were left untouched on the pets.Nice try to change the subject and make it a mesmer thread. Keep it up /sThats funny, making a right call on something that must be fixed sent certain ranger main into child-rage

Oh he already made a Mesmer thread, and an Engi thread, and a Thief thread. If you make enough threads that look very similar, it becomes increasingly difficult to disseminate which ones matter and which ones don't. He is effectively trying to create a haystack.

@"Odik.4587" said:So far, there is absolutely no arguments that justify absurd high damage coefficients that were left untouched on the pets.Nice try to change the subject and make it a mesmer thread. Keep it up /sThats funny, making a right call on something that must be fixed sent certain ranger main into child-rage

Gonna help you... You were hit by 6 Slash attacks that averaged out to be 2,167 per hit. Not sure if you know, but ranger coefficients are lower due to pets bc they are factored in to damage output. And if you want to talk about "pets", let's talk about Mind Wrack damage, number of targets and range... and all the advantages a Mesmer has with their "pet" designs.

Gonna say this to finish this thread... You're not fooling most of us with your complaint. It's easy to avoid pets by simply moving (even walking) and/or killing it... And we have had thousands of threads complaining about the problems associated with the ranger pets flaws and designs, none of which Mesmer "pets" suffer from. We are not as dumb as you think we are on these matters. And if you are dying to the horrible AI designs of ranger pets, there may be some things you might want to consider working on.