WvW is unplayable

Kontrolle.3514

Sorry, I meant brought back a Tier in the EU.

So less stacking on servers, on the same maps and around the same areas of the Borders or Battlegrounds, would help keep the load on the servers under control. Even bigger maps might help spread out the fights, but they can't make the maps any bigger, due to the engine restrictions. That's why EB is usually laggy, even in a a two way fight, since SM is usually the focal point and also because the Player caps should be higher on there.

In T1 EU at least one Server has outnumbered on all but one map during prime time, so even if the other two has queued maps with guilds or blobs, they should be almost lag free for now, since there are less players on the maps.

@"Kontrolle.3514" said:We have skill lags on every map and ques on every map. its is really unplayable.I think it is because you host your plattform in the amazon cloud. I think its not suited for WvW content.

Skill lag in prime time = yes. No queues on Desolation, more likely outnumbered "buff" on multiple maps. That's EU tier #1 for you. :-)

Curious thing tbh. If I was anet and paying a 3rd party business to provide a core service to my beloved customers who pay my wages ; I'd be very angry that I wasn't getting said service that I paid for to keep my game alive and my customers engaged and happy.

ponder

All player encountered server lag, more and more from the last update. Without a massive report to ANET nothing will change.Even if we have to distinguish player lag and server lag, honesltly Anet, please just upgrade your amazon plan & stop saving by taking in account an average WVW active player only.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mil.3562 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:agreed. playable, it is not.

Erm, what happened to the topic created by you? Mod removed it?

I am rather confused by this server thing. I jumped servers quite often and still I see the same people in Divinity Reach no matter which server I am in. Are there different servers for different modes?

Servers only matter in wvw - in pve, anyone from the same region can fill any map (anyone in EU region can meet anyone in EU region on any pve map).

Unplayable is not the word for wvw atm. My ping fluctuates the moment I enter now. 750av (was 320) -4270 with barley a handful of peeps on a map. That is not just garbage priority settings- thats Amazon being a useless supplier of a sub standard product. Does not happen in pve meta's for me, LA 1k max sometimes but corrects itself. And no other game I play has this problem what-so-ever. It needs to be addressed but when this subject surfaces... never an Anet employee effort to correct or address it.

@"Kontrolle.3514" said:We have skill lags on every map and ques on every map. its is really unplayable.I think it is because you host your plattform in the amazon cloud. I think its not suited for WvW content.

GW2 should use Oracle's CloudPoint by point, Ellison went through a series of slides demonstrating how Oracle beats Amazon: its Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) is faster for analytics, faster for online transaction processing (OLTP), and literally thousands of times faster for mixed workloads than Amazon DBaaShttps://www.zdnet.com/article/oracles-larry-ellison-throws-punches-at-aws/

thousand times faster than AWS for mixed workloads, GW2 should use Oracle, imagine the game being thousand times more smoother.GW2 uses AWS and they don't even take advantage of the other offers AWS includes... Twitch. There's no Twitch drops in GW2, but in ESO they use AWS, they integrate Twitch Drops because

ESO developers know how to use API's and IntegrationGW2 developer team could use more millennials on their team. Fresh college and knowledge of API's and Integration. Also fresh knowledge of apps to integrate with.

How does this game not have Twitch drops, smh. All the big games have it.

Even with GW2 PvP Tournaments, live tourny... 2 years now? It's LIVE!!!! But updates are 3 games behind..... You cant watch the game.... The score updates? They are static, refreshes when the system refreshes.... OPPOSITE of LIVE. But the button says... LIVE!smh

GW2 doesn't fully utilize Twitch? Just go with Oracle IaaS/DBaaS, much faster, by thousand times much faster, also I hear its cheaper.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

GW2 should use Oracle's CloudPoint by point, Ellison went through a series of slides demonstrating how Oracle beats Amazon: its Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) is faster for analytics, faster for online transaction processing (OLTP), and literally thousands of times faster for mixed workloads than Amazon DBaaS

thousand times faster than AWS for mixed workloads, GW2 should use Oracle, imagine the game being thousand times more smoother.GW2 uses AWS and they don't even take advantage of the other offers AWS includes... Twitch. There's no Twitch drops in GW2, but in ESO they use AWS, they integrate Twitch Drops because

ESO developers know how to use API's and
Integration
GW2 developer team could use more millennials on their team. Fresh college and knowledge of API's and Integration. Also fresh knowledge of apps to integrate with.

How does this game not have Twitch drops, smh. All the big games have it.

Even with GW2 PvP Tournaments, live tourny... 2 years now? It's LIVE!!!! But updates are 3 games behind..... You cant watch the game.... The score updates? They are static, refreshes when the system refreshes.... OPPOSITE of LIVE. But the button says... LIVE!smh

GW2 doesn't fully utilize Twitch? Just go with Oracle IaaS/DBaaS, much faster, by thousand times much faster, also I hear its cheaper.

+1

interesting