Honest Question: What Motivates You to Play WvW This Year?

Whiteout.1975

Motivators:Discord keeping things fun even while getting smacked down.Legendary Armor sure its not the most efficient way but if you enjoy the game mode it just happens naturally.Fighting is great in all but it all means nothing unless you have friends and some pride for your server.

Ragers:Map QuesRewards, wish they could be a tad closer to the pve side of things.Dead Time Zones

Right now It's Tickets needed for legendary crafting, I grind them for the weekly cap and then have no real reason to keep playing since I burn out of WVW once I do.

I wish they'd add some more interesting mechanics to the game mode, like toying with the idea of adding territory locked mounts or something. It can get pretty stale at times, I can't imagine how it must feel for people who've been playing it for years.

@Solanum.6983 said:Right now It's Tickets needed for legendary crafting, I grind them for the weekly cap and then have no real reason to keep playing since I burn out of WVW once I do.

In a similar boat, and I spend much of the weekend getting Diamond done. During the week though, I have a list of commanders that I enjoy running with, and each has a different 'philosophy' than the other, and it gives a varied playstyle. No joke, I have one profession that I will only play with 1 specfic commander because of the tactics they use, it works wonders, but I wouldn't log in with that toon on any of the others.

Like anything MMO, the social aspect can be powerful. Find a commander you like, or a group of people you like roaming with and it makes the game feel fresh.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:People whining about roaming being dead when you can barely step out of spawn before you encounter random enemies will keep me entertained for a while yet.

And also people whining about downstate and how they can only kill 2 out of 4 enemies in a 1v4 fight.

I'm pretty easily entertained.

Naturally, a solo roamer is going to dislike downstate. It benefits us not at all and our opponents all too often! It's not so much that you expect to win a 1v4 as it would be a heck of a lot easier to pull off if you could focus down one enemy and quickly make the fight more manageable. Pulling off stomps in outnumbered fights is difficult.

Typically, if you have a chance of winning the fight it will be by repeatedly downing players, taking the pressure off of yourself while scoring free burst as they attempt to get their teammate back on their feet. I'm used to it, but I admit it is pretty tiresome and I could do so much more without having to repeatedly down enemies in outnumbered fights. You know, like this...

I'm not advocating for the removal of downstate, however. It would benefit me for the way I typically play, but I recognize that it's too much a part of the game to just remove it. Having said that, it would be nice if they'd at least overhaul the mechanics in some way. Some of these downstate skills are terrible while others are pretty strong!

This is really a minor issue, though. Roaming is good! I can usually find fights and I've been enjoying WvW roaming more than any other activity since the 2/25. Why do I still play? Because you never know what's going to happen and the combat is fun! I can't complain about the rewards, either. Legendary armor, all my dungeon and story skins unlocked without having to do 500 million boring PvE achievements? Sign me up!

I still play because i get to alternate between playing 30 minutes of actual gameplay and then 30 minutes of real life then 30 minutes of actual gameplay again without missing much because i can just jam a popsicle stick on my 2 key on my keyboard while using a treb to hit durios to maintain my participation to get rewards for cooking lunch or vacuuming, and they say wvw rewards are bad, i can get rewards for literally not playing