Skins for Towers, Keeps, NPC-Guards etc.

Senqu.8054

I just remembered a request or idea from years ago where some people suggested to introduce Skins for Towers, Keeps, NPC-Guards and stuff like that to bring the whole customization philosophy of guild wars right in to WvW. So I’m now curious how you guys think about it since there is a expansion around the corner and we all like to dream.

I would personally guard that yak to my death if I could dress it up. Giving a personal touch to anything would be nice, it can all be just client side so no one else sees it, as it can just be for personal pleasure, or show for everyone. Let us dye them too haha.

One step before that could be themed skins depending on the current festivals that are running. It would all be very nice. The foundation, the guild claim system, is already there. Like you can choose your guild theme that plays when claiming they could also tie some skins to that.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I like the idea, but at the same time, if adding such skins would further degrade performance issues we are seeing in WvW atm then I would change my vote to no.They could always add a 256x256 pixel 2D plane dolly that changes between 2 versions to animate the legs, just for you. Just dont try to fight it straight from the front.

Having map themed skins would be nice. Seeing Elona short furred dolyak in the desert map would feel right.Having a random race assigned to the NPC would be welcomed too, with each of the faction having a different race at the start of every skirmish week.But letting player play designer with NPC is a no for me.

it's a useless idea, but sounds entertaining, and reskins / colouring isn't that difficult to create.

however, i'd still prefer they'd fix the basics and old bugs, maps, tactics (defense towers are calling, of which i have forgotten their real name bc nobody ever would use them)... removing stuff like ruin buffs, cc-stacking and many more.

@Kulvar.1239 erm, well desert border has different dollies even. the one map that has.

but well, people probs would yet be happy if they could choose guild specific dolly color and put a guild emblem on them lel.

I imagine the reason they haven't done this is because they don't want to infest the Gemstore with WvW exclusive stuff and have to refund thousands of people who mistakenly buy them so Id like them to add a Gem Merchant at every WvW spawn instead of putting Siege skins etc, at gemstore.

Overall I think they should just upgrade how the guards/lords look on alpine+EB for everyone, not make player/guild exclusive skins. Maybe make the lords bit bigger to help combat clarity. I like idea of gembuyable siegeskins tho.

I'd like to have some aesthetic from all of the past Story episodes, expansions, and updates spread around the original WvW maps while trying to not hit the performance. Then I'd like whatever the latest episode map is to fight on and hit up some objectives to connect us more to the rest of the game and maybe some npcs scattered around the pve maps can have a few lines of chatter here and there about WvW stuff, like "I hear that server finally took Stone Mist Castle" or whatever if a t3 SM goes down or something. The episodes and expansions have been fun and well made but most of us don't really get to soak up the music, sounds, and general feel of the rest of the game.