Candy Store

Since Lion's Arch was redesigned into a commercialized nightmare, I'm a bit surprised there aren't unique vendors there hawking goods like candy and exotic bits and bobs. You could add a number of collections to the map that way and fold the function of the festival vendor into that for year-round conversion/redemption of the things that are festival-related.

Why do we need it? What purpose would it serve? What would it add to the game?

There's already an entire crafting profession devoted to making food (including snacks and desserts, although I think candy options specifically are limited) and vendors dotted around the world who sell other kinds of food. What would this store add to that?

Ok seriously, can someone who likes this idea explain it to me?

Is it a pop culture reference or an in-joke I'm not aware of? Is it just the novelty of having a candy store in a fantasy game? (Why not any other type of store?) Is there some underlying assumption of cool game mechanics I've missed?

@Danikat.8537 said:Ok seriously, can someone who likes this idea explain it to me?

Is it a pop culture reference or an in-joke I'm not aware of? Is it just the novelty of having a candy store in a fantasy game? (Why not any other type of store?) Is there some underlying assumption of cool game mechanics I've missed?

Me neither. I even tried saying it 5 times into a mirror, but nothing

@lokh.2695 said:

@"keenedge.9675" said:WeWhich means "you"NEEDWhich means "want"Fixed that for you. ;)

Incorrect assumption.

I don't really care about any items. I want more to do in the open world.

We have a beer collection. A candy collection would be a fun, Tyria-themed opportunity to add a bit of the flavor back into the game. The candy doesn't need to have buffs. People are always talking about cake. When I link candy items from legendary questing, people are surprised those things even exist.

A little fun in the midst of loot-box grubbing or map grinding would be fresh content IMO.

@keenedge.9675 said:

@keenedge.9675 said:WeWhich means "you"NEEDWhich means "want"Fixed that for you. ;)

Incorrect assumption.

We have a beer collection. A candy collection would be a fun, Tyria-themed opportunity to add a bit of the flavor back into the game. The candy doesn't need to have buffs. People are always talking about cake. When I link candy items from legendary questing, people are surprised those things even exist.

A little fun in the midst of loot-box grubbing or map grinding would be fresh content IMO.

I think my assumption is very much correct. You want a candy store and you probably think it's a good idea to spend resources on that feature. But the way you articulate your suggestion says more than that. By saying "We" you assume that everyone shares your opinion and by saying "Need" you make it sound more important than it probably is. So I took the freedom to correct these assumptions. I know for a fact that there is at least one player in the game, myself, that doesn't need a candy store. I can't imagine how a candy store would improve my experience or bring anything to the game that I might like, so your assumption of "everybody out there will want this too" and "this would largely improve the game to a point where it is a necessity" might be incorrect.

To be honest, it's not even about getting a candy store or not. I don't care but if you ask me, resources should be spent on other things. It's about people like you who automatically jump to the conclusion that if they want something, it's the natural/sane/normal thing to want. So you make threads speaking for everyone and proclaim that your want is a need actually.

@keenedge.9675 said:

@keenedge.9675 said:WeWhich means "you"NEEDWhich means "want"Fixed that for you. ;)

Incorrect assumption.

It would have been really helpful to put this information into your first post instead of assuming everyone would understand that by asking for a candy store you meant you want a candy themed collection achievement, like the existing collections. When I read your first post I was imagining literally just an NPC who sells candy items, maybe with some which need to be unlocked before you can buy them. That sounded pretty pointless to me, but your actual idea is more interesting.

Admittedly there's a lot of collections I haven't even started or have only progressed by accident because I did things that count as part of another activity (usually ones where items drop randomly from enemies) so there's no guarentee I'd want to do the new one, but some collections can be really interesting and fun. At the very least it sounds like relatively minimal effort to add a new activity for players, especially if it uses existing items.

@lokh.2695 said:

Incorrect assumption.

I think my assumption is very much correct. You want a candy store and you probably think it's a good idea to spend resources on that feature. But the way you articulate your suggestion says more than that. By saying "We" you assume that everyone shares your opinion and by saying "Need" you make it sound more important than it probably is. So I took the freedom to correct these assumptions. I know for a fact that there is at least one player in the game, myself, that doesn't need a candy store. I can't imagine how a candy store would improve my experience or bring anything to the game that I might like, so your assumption of "everybody out there will want this too" and "this would largely improve the game to a point where it is a necessity" might be incorrect.

To be honest, it's not even about getting a candy store or not. I don't care but if you ask me, resources should be spent on other things. It's about people like you who automatically jump to the conclusion that if they want something, it's the natural/sane/normal thing to want. So you make threads speaking for everyone and proclaim that your want is a need actually.

No, We doesn't mean every single person in gw2 could just of been him and his few friends to qualify as we and you could of just been like Kharmin and said I don't need one etc but you had to go and make a correction to his obviously harmless idea then you comment like that above like your teaching him some lesson in how to talk or present his idea. Sure he could have went I think anet should add a candy store but I doubt he expected someone like you to do this

@Jilora.9524 said:

Incorrect assumption.

No, We doesn't mean every single person in gw2 could just of been him and his few friends to qualify as we and you could of just been like Kharmin and said I don't need one etc but you had to go and make a correction to his obviously harmless idea then you comment like that above like your teaching him some lesson in how to talk or present his idea. Sure he could have went I think anet should add a candy store but I doubt he expected someone like you to do thisThere's a very big difference between offering personal feedback:"I think a candy store that offered a collection would be fun content"and pretending to speak for other players or on behalf of all players like the OP did with:"We need a candy store"The first is quite simply why the forums are here. The second
purposefully misrepresents
the importance of the request.They are not the same thing, and there's nothing wrong with the OP being educated about this.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Incorrect assumption.

No, We doesn't mean every single person in gw2 could just of been him and his few friends to qualify as we and you could of just been like Kharmin and said I don't need one etc but you had to go and make a correction to his obviously harmless idea then you comment like that above like your teaching him some lesson in how to talk or present his idea. Sure he could have went I think anet should add a candy store but I doubt he expected someone like you to do thisThere's a very big difference between offering personal feedback:"I think a candy store that offered a collection would be fun content"and pretending to speak for other players or on behalf of all players like the OP did with:"We need a candy store"The first is quite simply why the forums are here. The second
purposefully misrepresents
the importance of the request.They are not the same thing, and there's nothing wrong with the OP being educated about this.

Again no, I also need a candy store. So now me and the op or "we" need a candy store. Even if you want to fight me on "need" Me and the op or "we" are roleplaying that our in game characters are diabetic and our sugars low so our characters and us or "we" need a candy store. You did not educate anyone. You took the word "we" and assumed it meant every single person including you and took offense as someone was speaking for you which was ridiculous. I assume this is lokh alt? If not then now then I just can't believe that theres 2 of you now.If you are going to make arguments based solely on semantics you should probably use stronger logic.

I'm good. You and Lokh if not the same person needs to just let stuff like that go. I gave the example and you also gave one which he could of said to avoid you and Lokh getting upset but getting upset over a harmless suggestion like a pretend candy store in an online game is silly. Like really even if he included you and Lokh in his original idea like who cares enough to lecture the dude incorrectly on top of it.