Permanent Transmutation Kit

with how transmutation charges are implemented im not sure how they'll make a permanent version work but yeah i want something like this too :)

EDIT: or they can just make it cost gold per pc you transmute (like how SWTOR does it) or make them craftable like ff14's glamour prisms

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:with how transmutation charges are implemented im not sure how they'll make a permanent version work but yeah i want something like this too :)

We already have a perm hair style kit so I think it could possible work :)

perm hairstyle kits work easily because it's a non-consumable ticket used in a menu to alter your character's looks. for transmuting item skins a transmutation charge will be consumed from your inventory and added to your account (it's something like a counter).

two ways they can do this is without changing how the current transmute system works is:

1. make the perm transmute kit make your account's transmute charges infinite (and then consume the kit)-or-
  2. make it add a charge each time your use the permanent kit

or like i said in my edit above: they can just make it cost gold to transmute like in SWTOR (pvp/wvw people would just get the gold equivalent) -or- make the transmute charges craftable like in ff14 glam prisms (pvp/wvw people can still be rewarded transmute charges)

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:with how transmutation charges are implemented im not sure how they'll make a permanent version work but yeah i want something like this too :)

We already have a perm hair style kit so I think it could possible work :)

perm hairstyle kits work easily because it's a non-consumable ticket used in a menu to alter your character's looks. for transmuting item skins a transmutation charge will be consumed from your inventory and added to your account (it's something like a counter).

two ways they can do this is without changing how the current transmute system works is:
  1. make the perm transmute kit make your account's transmute charges infinite (and then consume the kit)-or-
  2. make it add a charge each time your use the permanent kit

or like i said in my edit above: they can just make it cost gold to transmute like in SWTOR (pvp/wvw people would just get the gold equivalent) -or- make the transmute charges craftable like in ff14 glam prisms (pvp/wvw people can still be rewarded transmute charges)

That’s true. I do think that could work. Also, I think one thing they should do is not have gem store skins cost any trans charges. I never understood that concept

EDIT: or they can just make it cost gold per pc you transmute (like how SWTOR does it) or make them craftable like ff14's glamour prisms

Hall of Monument Skins (for those that earned them in GW1) have no cost to Transmute, same as the Achievement Skins for AP.

There is no reason ANYTHING costs transmute charges other than $$$. Part of why I bought very few BL skins before I stopped in year 1 is that I pay for them and then STILL have to pay/grind to apply them, WHEN THEY CLEARLY HAVE THE OH SO MAGIC TECH TO MAKE THEM FREE TO APPLY!

@"Astyrah.4015" said:with how transmutation charges are implemented im not sure how they'll make a permanent version work but yeah i want something like this too :)

I assume it would be an infinitely reusable "on use, set your remaining charges to 999"

All they have to do is check if you have the item in your inventory and reduce the cost to 0. It would be easy. The problem is if its a gem store item, why would they cut out their profits on newer accounts like that? On older accounts that have thousands, they wouldn't be able to drum up the interest.

@"Aeon.4583" said:This:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/92903/suggestion-custom-outfit-skin-templates#latestWill be much better addition to game. Limited charges still will be relevant. But skin templates themself will offer static appearance, even if you change your gear. Plus it will offer static appearance for all gear templates you have.

oh that would be nice. much like SW:TOR's outfit templates and FF14's glamour storage

@Astyrah.4015 said:

oh that would be nice. much like SW:TOR's outfit templates and FF14's glamour storageI do think that Wardrobe\Skin templates feature is something that GW2 really needs.For example, yesterday i've decided to change my ranger's skins. But i have 5 gear templates with different armor ( different stats ) and had to switch gear templates one by one, change skins and apply dye ( hell that was annoying ). If there was Wardrobe\Skin template thing, i could just change that and it could be one appearance for all templates.

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:As the title says, may we please be able to get one in game? I would love this & I’m sure others would too. I know you can obtain it easily via WvW or PvP but some days I don’t want to grind for them & I always change my look constantly .

The only problem I can see there, is that transmutation charges are given out in many ways, including daily logins. The same isn't true for Hair Style Kits, Bank Access, BL Trader, etc. Sure if you have any of those perma contracts, you will inevitably get a hair style kit you won't need, etc, but not to the same degree as the transmutation contract.

Not only would it remove the value of existing charges, but it would also diminish future rewards.

I've often thought that maybe Legendary items such as weapons, armor and back pieces should be free to transmute, as yet another incentive for players to work towards them, but with the upcoming armory reportedly making legendary items accessible to all characters on an account, that wouldn't go over with ANET.

@Deedrick.4372 said:All they have to do is check if you have the item in your inventory and reduce the cost to 0. It would be easy. The problem is if its a gem store item, why would they cut out their profits on newer accounts like that? On older accounts that have thousands, they wouldn't be able to drum up the interest.

The same reason they made things like the infinite hair style kit, instant bank access, infinite gathering tools, sell permanent versions of lounge passes alongside the 2-week versions and so on: it can actually make them more money.

There are people who will never actually buy transmutation charges and instead rely on free ones, but might buy an infinite use one just so they never have to worry about running out. Or, like with the gathering tools and kits it's priced so it would take a few years of normal play to break even, but again players will buy it for the convenience.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Just play ranked... you'll never run out!or WvW and you get overloaded with them.

Or, perhaps, support the game and purchase them if you run out. My god, everyone wants everything for free.

Please point out where i was asking for them to be made free when they already are?You get them from maps and Ranked PvP and WvW play. Since i don't use them up much... i've ended up with close to 600 of the little buggers.

Now I would use them if anet went back to making armour instead of silly outfits. (I'd buy those).

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Just play ranked... you'll never run out!or WvW and you get overloaded with them.

Or, perhaps, support the game and purchase them if you run out. My god, everyone wants everything for free.

Please point out where i was asking for them to be made free when they already are?You get them from maps and Ranked PvP and WvW play. Since i don't use them up much... i've ended up with close to 600 of the little buggers.

Now I would use them if anet went back to making armour instead of silly outfits. (I'd buy those).

It is inferred. Having a permanent one would preclude the need to purchase them. If you have 600 of them, then what's the point of the thread? That's essentially permanent as you ought never run out.

@kharmin.7683 said:

That's essentially permanent as you ought never run out.

Which is kinda why I said it.

To the OP, these modes do not take too much commitment to them, once a day or a few times a day will get them stacking up on you! And you'll populate those modes a bit more!