2 Player Mounts!

I'd imagine there would be issues involving Internet connection. If the driver drops out of game, what happens to passenger? Does passenger just drop on ground or float across the world infinitely at high speed? Not impossible but probably not trivial.

It would make interactions between mentors/mentees better, especially if one is a FTP player. Perhaps a new mount specifically for multi passengers would work better.

@Toogee.7534 said:I'd imagine there would be issues involving Internet connection. If the driver drops out of game, what happens to passenger? Does passenger just drop on ground or float across the world infinitely at high speed? Not impossible but probably not trivial.

It would make interactions between mentors/mentees better, especially if one is a FTP player. Perhaps a new mount specifically for multi passengers would work better.

I've used a 2 player mount in another MMO. It worked but it didn't look pretty.You'd see the other player's character all over the place, basically teleporting after you while sitting mid air.

they were able to make it work nice in FF14 (they even had 4 person mounts where you could choose which seat you want), helped a lot in helping your friends get Aether Currents so they could fly on their own too.

as for issues such as flying 2 person mounts and the owner/driver disconnecting, they could make it so you just get teleported to the ground directly below (or on the surface of the water below) when the owner and the mount disappears (just like what happens when you're flying and you disconnect whilst flying, you respawn back on the ground below).

they don't even need to make the 2 person mount a flying mount, it could be a "ground" mount like the warclaw/raptor/jackal/springer/beetle with it's only special characteristic is that it can carry 2 people, give it a generic slam attack like the griffon, a jump, and a short dash (no long dashing like raptor)

@"Tzarakiel.7490" said:That would be ridiculously hard due to mounts and players being merged into a single object. They tried having players actually ride mounts during development, but they always disconnected or behaved strangely.Which doesnt make any sense actually.

If you play story missions in coop, you will be a "passenger" on the main players mount at times. I dont really see how locking the camera to another player would be an issue.

But granted, they still havent fixed the broken glider desync and ghost mounts in WvW.

I would love to have another player to hop into the passenger seat of my beetle for a test spin. I will call it "Spill your guts Sundays" or "Throw-Up Thursdays" or "Toss your Cookies Tuesdays" or "Lose your Lunch Fridays." And with that said, I would also propose a special auto-emote for a passenger leaving the vehicle early or after an extended duration of spinning, drifting, and big air jumps. :smiley:

@"Toogee.7534" said:I'd imagine there would be issues involving Internet connection. If the driver drops out of game, what happens to passenger? Does passenger just drop on ground or float across the world infinitely at high speed? Not impossible but probably not trivial.

... That would be sick, lol. Like let's go to WAR!!! player dissapears "ooooohhhhh, sssshhhhhiiiiitttttt!!!" Falls 20ft away... "Sum b@#$&" , lol.

But, yes, I approve of 2player... Heck what about raid team mounts ???

@"Tzarakiel.7490" said:That would be ridiculously hard due to mounts and players being merged into a single object. They tried having players actually ride mounts during development, but they always disconnected or behaved strangely.

they can always keep the friend inside the mount's mouth so it's not rendered ;)jhHfLbI.jpg

Dolyak Mount that has no special abilities only has perma swiftness. That has a Core Tyria - Mastery "The Bus" that can carry up to 5 people in pack.
If player driving the Yak is dies, tries to waypoint, or loses connection the people in pack will be dropped out right away.Players will not be shown on the mount and the camera angle will take position as if they were the driver and have the ability to change the angle around the mount but not have any control over the direction they are heading.

Would be fun I would think.

Edit:Players hitching a ride would have the ability to exit the ride at any time. As well as the driver tossing people off his dolyak skills 6-0.Anyone can Hitch a ride if a person is mounted by walking up and using the special action key.