After 8 years of calls for help WvW sees hiring

subversiontwo.7501

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure that it is a replacement. First of all because it would be strange not to have a team-leader WvW especially when considering the early times of gw2 when the team was bigger. Second, the missed re-link hints to an organisation problem. My guess is that someone was responsible for wvw who was not aware of the re-link-task. Then someone came to his virtuell office and said "the players are asking for re-link".

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Threather.9354" said:I already posted what they need to do. They just need to code it in.

And think open recruitment is often sign of recent layoffs in murica where you can't lay-off people and then recruit some back privately.

We would prefer they implement good ideas though.

Well its not that hard to arrive to same conclusions:

• Reducing upgrade times even more is bad -> So increasing them some amount is good
  • Increasing claim buff stats is bad -> So reducing them some amount is good
  • Increasing superspeed amount/speed is bad -> So reducing it some amount is good
  • Each relinking actually makes things worse within the servers -> Remove relinkingsetc.

Unless you're saying Anet got all of them perfectly right on the first time.

You can argue the other way and lets see how strong your arguments are. You see? The thing is that, there are absolutely no logical arguments the other way. Its all just illogical "oh the changes don't matter anyways, its communitys fault" mentality when actually all these changes are relatively big.

@Threather.9354 said:

@Threather.9354 said:I already posted what they need to do. They just need to code it in.

And think open recruitment is often sign of recent layoffs in murica where you can't lay-off people and then recruit some back privately.

• Reducing upgrade times even more is bad -> So increasing them some amount is good
  • Increasing superspeed amount/speed is bad -> So reducing it some amount is good
  • Each relinking actually makes things worse within the servers -> Remove relinkingsetc.

You can argue the other way and lets see how strong your arguments are. You see? The thing is that, there are absolutely no logical arguments the other way. Its all just illogical "oh the changes don't matter anyways, its communitys fault" mentality when actually all these changes are relatively big.

That's some twisted logic you got there...

Being fat is bad so starving is good!

@Justine.6351 said:

@Threather.9354 said:I already posted what they need to do. They just need to code it in.

That's some twisted logic you got there...

Being fat is bad so starving is good!

Nono. If you use similar system it would be that eating some amount less or exersing some amount more is good. Which seems kind of correct, no?

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Does any player really have any expectations for WvW? Anyone?Probably not. I do have hopes though.

I don't think there is ever a bad time to work on something that is broke. Will it make people come back to WvW that quit? Maybe, if the changes are significant and head in the right direction. But for that to happen people have to be willing to accept change. And people can say they want it all they want, but when change happens is the tide of complaints of how it should have been done. Just look at the warclaw. Injected something new into the old system.

So the question is how to change something that people don't want changed but they claim they do? The answer for me is a total rework. That could mean almost anything / everything. But a major update would have a big draw and if it was good people may stick around. The community has some great ideas and their teams should draw from that.

"Strong communication and collaboration skills"

oof

joke aside, WvW need a HEAVY lifting. and not just some tweaks here and there or a few balance change.arena net will really need to take the right decisions this time and commit to them. because they will finally get a big competitor: the mmo/rpg 'new world' from amazon.

if i can give any advice it would be to learn from planetside2.

@Jura.2170 said:

@Korgov.7645 said:I hope that by content design they realize WvW is a PvP environment

Um, no

When WvW first started, ppl actually cared about stuff like ppt and holding more stuff than everyone else. Scouts were important, especially since they didn't get any loot from fights and had to pay for upgrades themselves. WvW wasnt meant to be only big PvP, it was something else with PvP added to it. And it was more casual and more fun than 5 x 5 PvP

Things like megaservers and the alliances anouncement changed WvW. Ppl stopped caring about ppt and server pride or just left the game. Most scouts quit too. Most WvW players left are the ones who like fights most and ignore things like defending, sieging and ppt score

yes, at first players played the game like it was meant to be. then realised how pointless it was. only hope kept some at bay. now WvW feels like a PvE maps with angrier mobs hitting you, running around to earn tokens.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

@"Loffels.5934" said:Us WvW veterans don't even want big changes to WvW.

Just tidy it up a bit, a little polish there, and improve the objective gameplay like fixing skill lag, overall lag, and exploits.this will not be enough after so many years of the same fish. WvW need something fresh.

For players who mainly stay in WvW it is. The gamemode itself will always remain the same, I'd rather them focus on making objective improvements to the gamemode rather than trying new "fresh" things in hoping that they stick. They already tried that with the Desert BL many years ago and look how that turned out.

I personally think they should just listen to their hardcore community that is the majority of WvW rather than trying to entice new players to the game mode who won't stick around anyway.

@"Loffels.5934" said:For players who mainly stay in WvW it is. The gamemode itself will always remain the same, I'd rather them focus on making objective improvements to the gamemode rather than trying new "fresh" things in hoping that they stick. They already tried that with the Desert BL many years ago and look how that turned out.

I personally think they should just listen to their hardcore community that is the majority of WvW rather than trying to entice new players to the game mode who won't stick around anyway.

i don't know who is the "hardcore" WvW anymore. WvW community has so much changed since years ago that it feels like a PvE map now.joke aside, fresh doesn't neccessarly mean new content. a WvW revamp would be very well welcomed.like eternal battleground visual lifting, guild territory control and guild reward, planetside 2 node capture system, downstate eradication.. erm i mean rework :) , alliance? etc...

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

@schloumou.3982 said:Two years after the announcement. Right on schedule. Dream job though. You and your team doing literally nothing for years to come.

After years of me lowering my expectations and Anet continually failing to meet them.

Does any player really have any expectations for WvW? Anyone?

At this point? No expectation and no hope, but let's see if anet still manage to disappoint :lol:

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

arena net will really need to take the right decisions this time and commit to them. because they will finally get a big competitor: the mmo/rpg 'new world' from amazon.

Oof no, you're behind on the news a few months. New World did a belly flop beta and is back to the drawing board for the forseeable.

if i can give any advice it would be to learn from planetside 2

That I can agree on.

@LetoII.3782 said:

arena net will really need to take the right decisions this time and commit to them. because they will finally get a big competitor: the mmo/rpg 'new world' from amazon.

Oof no, you're behind on the news a few months. New World did a belly flop beta and is back to the drawing board for the forseeable.

didn't amazon pulled out the game to fix all the issue it was having (inculding content and gameplay issues) for a better next year launch?