How can people enjoy WvW?

Lenti.3189

10 hours ago, Lunarwolf.5698 said:

Maybe a less convoluted means to duel someone that doesn't require one enter a wvw map or other instance like in most other mmos. maybe a fresh coat of paint (retexturing assets) and making the landscape a little more visual aesthetic. What ever it is, it isn't there in wvw for me.

This one may cut but with so many assumptions about me I figured why not throw some salts out there. When has the last time wvw been even touched in terms of released content? If wvw is such the bastion of great gameplay and a defining feature to gw2 and so popular why is it so neglected? Perhaps it isn't as popular as you all like to think it is. As I stated before I am weary of the cringe that distorts my face anytime someone suggests wvw to me either in discord or guild chat. maybe is it conceivable that perhaps some over promote a promising concept and have the inverse affect. Here I am the inverse effect to state my opinion that runs counter to all the chatter and anyone that wishes to stand there arguing semantics and what I should like and how many hours to play instead of respecting my opinion and leaving it be.

Thanks to you all for the feedback I will leave you all some peace and wishes toward happier gaming.

I admit, I jump around in various sizes of play and roam enough that I don't duel. When I am working out rotations I head to sPvP. Sadly sPvP has moved away from a training ground for WvW that it was once used as. I understand the mindset of people that do duel since its a faster pace challenge versus having to spawn and then retrack for a fight. So in that sense I could see adjustments to OS to allow for a dueling area as they did with trying to create a GvG spot. Expand the map or create a portal exit spot that allows duelers ground to fight.

For a fresh coat of paint, I admit, that wouldn't be the same to me as new maps that require fresh tactics but your point has risen as number of times in the past. Not sure that helps but other have brought that up.

Released content... 🙂 That's the bit a lot of us would agree on. That's a thread upon itself. But since I asked you to share I will do the same. Agree I think we should have rotating maps by now, new siege, better rewards, bounties, new goals, new reward tracks, new guild missions, new tactics, new scribe options, end of week rewards, more incentive for 2%3 to attack #1 and more. In short, that bit, is what I would call complicated. Doesn't mean we can't have fun, but they are missing opportunities in my opinion. 

As far as cornerstone, 🙂 . Right now as far as in the RvR environment (vs PvP) there are limited options and this is one of the better ones, but agree they seem to take that for granted which I agree may be an error to assume to ignore while things are under development. You will see people pop up and say game 'x' is a game killer from time to time and each time it doesn't impact populations developer are left with we are good to ignore, and that works....until it doesn't.

As far as people suggesting WvW to you, that's subjective. Depends on what you are looking for. I don't do that to other players. I try and tell them what I like. Now mind you since you don't know me, my guild is older gamers from various games and we can banter in voice while we all might be in a lot of various games at the same time and we game hop hour by hour night by night. This ranges from FPS shooters' to MMORPG to single player games to people just surfing and bantering. 

To me, I enjoy WvW for the mini-games that players can create. What sort of fight or objective do you want. The sandbox allows for a variety of them. What scale play do you want, what style and what risk. How many do you want to fight, what challenge level. WvW allows for all of these options and then adds in random per server, per server vs server and on wards. Aka each given moment things might be different.  It a sandbox. You never know what might be next.

So first off, thanks for the reply so that we might be able to provide less vague statements. Since I roam, havoc, warband and zerf surf from time to time, feel free to banter here and we can discuss. After a decade I am still finding new mini-games in WvW, but agree more sand in our sandbox would not hurt my feelings.

A side note, all are welcome to Forum Wars 2, it just a place a lot us will hang while not in game for various reasons. All are welcome here, just be ready to banter. Example, I am a moron, its 3 AM and....I fail at sleeping. Which means I will curse myself in 5 hours, but again, its just one more mini-game in the bigger game. 🙂  Good hunting!

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling
  • Confused 1

Yesterday a new guild leader persuaded us former Guild Wars 2 players ( 14 of us), to help guide her and her new guild in WvW. By the way, this new guild leader player is an active party player in a healthy competitive game that we play with including with some of the new players)

What first attracted them to WvW was the open field pvp combat.

Well....it did not take 20 minutes that for her and the new players to express their frustrations of being constantly pulled into one shot and with the outrageous amount of Toxic aoe spamming's on the ground, everywhere like vomit.

We tried to encourage and motivate her to keep playing but she called it quit. We relogged to the prior healthy competitive game were were playing and she including some of the new players, discussed with us her 'disgust' and disappointed experience in our group party.

Attracting new players with captivating words, with shiny advertisements, with a flying mount with anything really...will only result with massive backlash, with disastrous negative feedbacks for Guild Wars 2 revenue and its reputation

The reason so many players including new players are turning away from the game and having no interest for it is because, Anet has done absolutely nothing to remove the root cause of the problem that started it all.

So what is there to enjoy??

What happens when new players find out that Anet words, advertisements, deceptive streamers streaming marketing....does not match their own experiences?

What happens when current players are continually being lied to with having more pile of lies added that their experience and their enjoyment matters?

What happens next with current and new players are constantly being deceived with empty words, half-truth, with no open communication with the Community that, their concerns are being heard...listened to?

What happens next after next when players realized that their enjoyment and care for their concern... were all an illusion...to keep us around       as a product    for profit

Accept it or not; Bad Design has completely taken over the game and it only going to get worse. 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6

16 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Yesterday a new guild leader persuaded us former Guild Wars 2 players ( 14 of us), to help guide her and her new guild in WvW. By the way, this new guild leader player is an active party player in a healthy competitive game that we play with including with some of the new players)

What first attracted them to WvW was the open field pvp combat.

Well....it did not take 20 minutes that for her and the new players to express their frustrations of being constantly pulled into one shot and with the outrageous amount of Toxic aoe spamming's on the ground, everywhere like vomit.

We tried to encourage and motivate her to keep playing but she called it quit. We relogged to the prior healthy competitive game were were playing and she including some of the new players, discussed with us her 'disgust' and disappointed experience in our group party.

Attracting new players with captivating words, with shiny advertisements, with a flying mount with anything really...will only result with massive backlash, with disastrous negative feedbacks for Guild Wars 2 revenue and its reputation

The reason so many players including new players are turning away from the game and having no interest for it is because, Anet has done absolutely nothing to remove the root cause of the problem that started it all.

So what is there to enjoy??

What happens when new players find out that Anet words, advertisements, deceptive streamers streaming marketing....does not match their own experiences?

What happens when current players are continually being lied to with having more pile of lies added that their experience and their enjoyment matters?

What happens next with current and new players are constantly being deceived with empty words, half-truth, with no open communication with the Community that, their concerns are being heard...listened to?

What happens next after next when players realized that their enjoyment and care for their concern... were all an illusion...to keep us around       as a product    for profit

Accept it or not; Bad Design has completely taken over the game and it only going to get worse. 

I do not agree with your reasoning, even if it is legitimate. When I first joined WWW, it took 15/20 minutes and it was love at first sight. This didn't give me for free everything I wanted and want inside in WWW. We are talking about real players who confront each other, in situations and with numbers of various scales. Sometimes you play really complicated matches. manifest your supremacy or succeed in taking territory from your opponent, It could be very difficult. You'll also find stalemates, and psychological warfare in addition to the War of Swords. 

WWW is also this, and some of us seek just that. The experience of your party and in particular of your new friend, on other players could have exactly the opposite effect. Because they are stimulated by complicated situations and difficult PvP games.

Thinking of judging this game mode in a single way, because it is my way of playing it, could be a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, Lenti.3189 said:

ive been playing GW2 since may this year, and so far i have over 1500 hours of pve and some pvp

but recently ive been forced to play wvw for gift of battle, and to my surprise, its horribleby far my worst experience in GW2, and aside from the massive chaos that you get as a new wvw player, the mode is just depressingi was expecting to be able to jump from camp to camp to get some action, like in drizzle, but no, you have to walki was expecting to see players on the map to know where the action is, but no, i have no idea where everybody is, people dont talk, and NO ONE is ever answering anythingi was expecting to fight some players for camps and so on, but no, we form a group, we capture a camp while the other team is waiting close by and they retake it seconds lateri was expecting to see some commanders, but no, it took me a long and painful 1 week to get that gift of battle and ive only seen a commander ONCE

i know wvw is not for everyone and especially for me, but my god its horrible, i would never recommend this to anyone unless i want them to quit the game

how can people even enjoy this?

Gift of battle takes about 4h though, stack on buffs. Change your server. Reward tracks are solo thing, Assuming you wvw potions everyday 4-5x thats about 20 days of 5-10min daily.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

new WvW player experience

An absolute moronic take, trying to compare wvw to battlefield. There's a ton of factors as to why these games play the way they do.

Map size plays a huge factor in this, ESO and PS2 allow you to teleport to the front line because their maps are super huge, they're like 4x the size of wvw maps.

Some of these games have respawn timers, where you have to wait 10-60s to respawn, a lot of shooters have this, while in gw2 it's instant.

PS2 also requires you to move mobile spawn to the frontlines, in fps shooters where ttk is like 1sec and entire squads can be wiped out in one bomb, it's required to have that frontline mechanic.

Emergency waypoint is already available to all towers and keeps. They would have an argument for desert cause of the objective placements, but not ebg lmao.

Boon spam and boon balls already give groups extreme advantages in survivability, there's no need to allow them to respawn quickly to frontlines.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is that a video of a Deadeye failing to sneak to the commander? 🤣 And coming to WvW only for the Warclaw, makes total sense. That's almost as dumb if I were to go into raids to get raid legendary skins when I already have legendary armor and refusing to learn any of them. (well, actually I do refuse to learn most of them, but your average potato is so bad it doesn't take much to do better; just need to be able to read.)

Your average Gw2 player, people. @Junkpile.7439is being generous  with the 1 second delay.

edit: Btw I have some spammers in this thread blocked so I can only notice if people quote them. Have some mercy; it makes the thread much more neat and tidy. You should also know that some offending posts related to this thread necro were removed so this thread will seem a bit confusing. So a lot of this thread will seem pointless at this point, though there wasn't much of a point.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

An absolute moronic take, trying to compare wvw to battlefield. There's a ton of factors as to why these games play the way they do.

Map size plays a huge factor in this, ESO and PS2 allow you to teleport to the front line because their maps are super huge, they're like 4x the size of wvw maps.

Some of these games have respawn timers, where you have to wait 10-60s to respawn, a lot of shooters have this, while in gw2 it's instant.

PS2 also requires you to move mobile spawn to the frontlines, in fps shooters where ttk is like 1sec and entire squads can be wiped out in one bomb, it's required to have that frontline mechanic.

Emergency waypoint is already available to all towers and keeps. They would have have an argument for desert cause of the objective placements, but not ebg lmao.

Boon spam and boon balls already give groups extreme advantages in survivability, there's no need to keep them to respawn quickly to frontlines.

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Emergency waypoint is already available to all towers and keeps. They would have have an argument for desert cause of the objective placements, but not ebg lmao.

Boon spam and boon balls already give groups extreme advantages in survivability, there's no need to keep them to respawn quickly to frontlines.

Junkpile is correct and and the steamer also had pointed out how WvW does not have any tactics, compared with PvP; which you, I and others agree with which is true.  In the end, it is his experience which matters.

Remember; PvP and WvW share the same common problem....Anet Does Not Care about our experiences. 

• Confused 2

40 years of gaming later, WvW is the game I enjoyed the most. It isnt perfect at all but still, its fun! It can be very painful for most noobs I admit. Its a matter of time and adjustment to enjoy the game. Dont expect to come in wvw with your usual pve gear and build and be successful at your very 1st day!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

WVW has gotten pretty weird it seems like during the week the they'll take a structure or two log off then log onto another account on the opposing server and retake the same structure, over and over again. Something else I notice is they'll be in an open field slap boxing looking outnumbered only to log off when you try to help. Then log onto the opposing server and attempt to ganked you.

Port into wvw and watch how many newb accounts port in around you only to follow you around and standby not doing nothing, SMH... It's pretty bad but sad at the same time that they must do that in order to make content for themselves, instead of going to the pvp or pve areas. I hope it get better for them  or they at least learn to be flexible with the other game modes. 

I noticed that many of the  streamers have experienced only a fraction of the game and I guess refuse to explore everything the game has to offer. 

On 8/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsb3dIl2baY

This content creator...not sure if it was best example in this case.

Gate keep Warclaw, this could be done better in game I agree but after running a new guildmate through... this not that big of a deal. And after they got it, their first reply was why is this thing this slow, I seemed faster on foot a lot of time.

Teleport to any points you control...this is a zergling in the making and this player has no clue on the strategic value of holding anything nor any clue on the value of when to live and when to die. Just being able to move the furthest point just supports those with more get to trample those with less. Distance allows momentum control and that where some balancing in sides come into play and allows for a smaller side to impact a larger ones.

First person shooter was already known before being declared. sPvP is more what this player is looking for and they choose their game badly considering their playsyle. But at the end they showed they weren't in the game mode outside of wanting a Warclaw which has zero need outside of the game mode. 

No where does it take 20 mins to cross the maps, over done and just trying to add drama on top of a poor narrative to the video. Misinformation just makes the video all the worse.

Cut off once reaching the fight, that just means a roamer was doing their job and preventing a regroup, its called tactics. How do you slow a side down, stop their reinforcements, it's part of the roamer and havocs role to do exactly this. Its even more of their roles when its not their structure the target is running back to but to one that they want to help get flipped so that the 3 sided fight is more balanced. If you can't take it but don't want the owner to keep it, you choose which side to support to result in the outcome you want. BTW, "Zerg of kittens" and what they show was that they were attacked by three players while they moved in front of an enemy objective, showed poor placement and though they were using a mobile class, they were playing it poorly considering they had a rather mobile class. I mean a Deadeye got grabbed by a Reaper. Stop and think about that for a second. And then they choose to release at the respawn instead of their Garri that wasn't contested and complained they made a bad selection. Not sure if I call that a drama lama or just someone that didn't take time to learn mechanics and then decided to post misinformation via YouTube to confuse future players. 

Then, to be true, they just sound of like an idiot about oh woe is me I have nothing to say so I will adlib in expletives since I have nothing of value to say but want to add drama in. Then they pull the victim card since they aren't in it to discuss an issue but just complain. After that they just show they didn't take any time to learn the game mode and have no idea about why/what/where they should be doing. This is a player that would not know what to do without a tag as they say it themselves. "That's how you survive". This is why I think we need reasons to win since their needs to be more value in efficiency. How to do the most with the least you need for a goal. This player never spent time asking what can I do. Which means even in large scale play they may have never stopped to say how can I aid my group so they were probably even more ill suited in their build makeup to aid in large scale play. Hence they potentially died enough that they had to spawn and hence their opening diatribe about having to run back. Effect meet cause. Time taken to learn meets results.

"You don't need to be on Discord, Teamspeak expletive expletive expletive", I agree to a limited point. If you know why things are occurring and can read a tags motions you can still follow along. Are their bad voice commanders, yes, are there voice commanders that would make good football commentators, "GooooOOOOOooooAAAAAAaaaaaaLLLLLLLL!" ,yes. Is it more efficient to be on the same voice though, yes since it might be faster for a tag to relay what where and why they are doing something so its up to the player that is not in voice to keep up and know when it is an actually a deep dive versus a feint or a forward rush rollback bomb drop motion. This again just shows the creator didn't actually spend time learning about the game mode but made vast assumptions they were in a FPS. 

And then they ramble on about all you need to do is 1111111111111 and their damage is....bad, really really bad. No wonder they did so bad when attacked by three when all they figured out was just press 1. "You don't have to think.". They didn't think after watching their choose in their build, weapon and positioning. To all the Thief mains I am sorry about this content creator. Not great on my thieves, the best of my 3 thieves is my DD, but man they are making even my core thief look like a star in this video. Maybe this player shouldn't have been show the action cam.

I feel that this video should have been on Mystery Space Theater 3000 back in the day.

"GG and then you beat the game, there is no tactics". lol, yup, the way they choose to play in the game showed they have no clue what tactics are or why the tag was doing anything. The only thing they did say but did not actually figure out is we have no reasons to win, which is true currently. But even if we did, this player wouldn't have know what they were doing and why anyway as it seems from their gameplay they choose to share.

And then they end with I am just here to grind something I don't need. Burn, this was really not the best choose to try and make a point with. The points you were trying to make were much better than anything in this video to be honest. They would have been better without the link.

0 of 10 for that video unless you have popcorn and want to show how not to play WvW. 

• Thanks 1

Burn, I admit after re-watching that video, I guess +1 since you made me have to comment on that CP's YT link saying visit the forum for other feedback. So you kind of did ANet a marketing +1. Told guildmates we will need to have a MST3K event from the link before reset.

lol, this creator even blocked comments, Burn, choose better. This person has such weak arguments they can't even face comments on their own platform versus showing up here for discussions. -10 now at this rate. Again your points were so much better than theirs that you devalued your own points. Don't use them again.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:52 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Wtf.. did this guy just compare wvw to a fps game? 🤣 

Poor little pve puglet, cant get his weekly done fast enough. And is forced to actually run to the ktrain, all alone 🎻 

Yeah wvw is kitten! I have to hold down my W key to actually intetact with wvw.. sheesh, terrible game design! What's this, i have to push even more buttons to make my toon fight? WTF is this madness! kitten it, back to playing idle mobil games for me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I dunno, without WvW, I would have left a long time ago. Though to be fair without friends or guildies, I would have left completely. 

One of my weeklies sent me to Gyala Delve, and I can understand why people would not like it and then I wondered how people can enjoy the (new) pve?

So this is like one of those long metas where you basically have to go all the way to the end or else you get jack. The first thing I noticed was that I was getting periodically one shot by random unavoidable poison because I didn't have mastery or something. Who knows; the game doesn't really tell you anything about it besides an icon that says you are poisoned and you get to do more damage.  You're supposed to get a air filter but that's locked behind a mastery.... great; we're back to the poison gas nonsense in HoT except that covered limited areas and they mostly did away with that nonsense. This thing covered the entire meta event. Apparently the mastery isn't too hard to get but why would you just do it just to gate people from a living story map? I mean, up to this point all those jade gadgets just made life easier.

Ok, so whatever, it's my fault for not reading or playing pve so whatever (though in my defense lots of people had that problem; fortunately we had a transfuse necro). But what's with these bottomless pits that are just the ground? They kick you out of the entire area! I have revive orbs yo! Just let me play the game.

I considered crying about it on the forums, but because I didn't need a bunch of smug pvers demanding me play icky stuff like story (pls don't spoil me on PoF, Balthazar is my chosen god, and it'd be sad if something happened to him) or something; came up with my own workaround. I used full minstrel gear + max condi clear + passive elite signet and just played support. I would periodically get one shot still, but at least half the time it would only take away 80% of health and I could clear the rest of the condis. By firing the signet off at the right time I could mass res people so they couild res me in turn.

Then I could just give boons to whoever was actually doing stuff though in retrospect But as usual this is a mistake.  I should have realy just done Celestial since nobody knows what dps is open world.  It was also somewhat fortunate since I was the only other Firebrand in the squad, which is bad because it's illegal to play pve without them. With that I could self res enough so that I didn't die to the downed timer.

Problem comes when crossing gaps because of the poison which would also kill my skyscale. I would have to cycle it after I go down after the poison to make the leap, or use the shield ability on the mount.

Oh, as for the actual fights, they're just gigantic hp bags and tons of random kitten flying everywhere. Either there was culling or I was getting blinded by all the effects but either way I couldn't see much. There are also parts where you have to capture circles wvw style. Great! I am very good at standing in circles while doing nothing. But there's a bunch of spheres constantly fires at you and these are unblockable so you have to dodge and stuff. This is like that fun part of the Nightmare fractal except there's also tons of enemies in your way and a boss you have to kill during this crap so it's kinda sad they took something  good and made a mockery out of it.

Then we kill the final boss. But.... it comes back? I think you have to kill them in sync. I dunno, after seeing the same boss die 50 million times or something we finally kill it and I get my weekly. Unfortunately, some pugs didn't, either because they do no damage (less than me in minstrel apparently) and just wasted like an hour of their lives. This must have been great content for them. Then it dawned upon me that the pugs probably lack skyscale and other advanced mounts. Oh dear, how would they play this stuff?

I had thought that CM fractals and raids  were the height of the gw2 experience, but I guess they decided the toughness of content should be this open world stuff. 

In the end I decided this kitten is too complicated for me, and I went into EB so I could avoid thinking and stuff. But my poor brain had suffered enough so I fell asleep and now I'm here writing this kitten. I just cannot imagine your average pug bothering with the same workarounds as I would, and they either just ragequit, get carried, or complain here.

And so this is why people enjoy WvW. PvE is just too hard. My gameplay should either consist of smacking things that are in front of me or following where the leader goes. I never read in school so I'm definitely not starting here. Incidentally, me not reading is how I even got pve weeklies in the first place, but it looks like I'll be filtering by WvW. Not really sure yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I dunno, without WvW, I would have left a long time ago. Though to be fair without friends or guildies, I would have left completely. 

One of my weeklies sent me to Gyala Delve, and I can understand why people would not like it and then I wondered how people can enjoy the (new) pve?

So this is like one of those long metas where you basically have to go all the way to the end or else you get jack. The first thing I noticed was that I was getting periodically one shot by random unavoidable poison because I didn't have mastery or something. Who knows; the game doesn't really tell you anything about it besides an icon that says you are poisoned and you get to do more damage.  You're supposed to get a air filter but that's locked behind a mastery.... great; we're back to the poison gas nonsense in HoT except that covered limited areas and they mostly did away with that nonsense. This thing covered the entire meta event. Apparently the mastery isn't too hard to get but why would you just do it just to gate people from a living story map? I mean, up to this point all those jade gadgets just made life easier.

Ok, so whatever, it's my fault for not reading or playing pve so whatever (though in my defense lots of people had that problem; fortunately we had a transfuse necro). But what's with these bottomless pits that are just the ground? They kick you out of the entire area! I have revive orbs yo! Just let me play the game.

I considered crying about it on the forums, but because I didn't need a bunch of smug pvers demanding me play icky stuff like story (pls don't spoil me on PoF, Balthazar is my chosen god, and it'd be sad if something happened to him) or something; came up with my own workaround. I used full minstrel gear + max condi clear + passive elite signet and just played support. I would periodically get one shot still, but at least half the time it would only take away 80% of health and I could clear the rest of the condis. By firing the signet off at the right time I could mass res people so they couild res me in turn.

Then I could just give boons to whoever was actually doing stuff though in retrospect But as usual this is a mistake.  I should have realy just done Celestial since nobody knows what dps is open world.  It was also somewhat fortunate since I was the only other Firebrand in the squad, which is bad because it's illegal to play pve without them. With that I could self res enough so that I didn't die to the downed timer.

Problem comes when crossing gaps because of the poison which would also kill my skyscale. I would have to cycle it after I go down after the poison to make the leap, or use the shield ability on the mount.

Oh, as for the actual fights, they're just gigantic hp bags and tons of random kitten flying everywhere. Either there was culling or I was getting blinded by all the effects but either way I couldn't see much. There are also parts where you have to capture circles wvw style. Great! I am very good at standing in circles while doing nothing. But there's a bunch of spheres constantly fires at you and these are unblockable so you have to dodge and stuff. This is like that fun part of the Nightmare fractal except there's also tons of enemies in your way and a boss you have to kill during this crap so it's kinda sad they took something  good and made a mockery out of it.

Then we kill the final boss. But.... it comes back? I think you have to kill them in sync. I dunno, after seeing the same boss die 50 million times or something we finally kill it and I get my weekly. Unfortunately, some pugs didn't, either because they do no damage (less than me in minstrel apparently) and just wasted like an hour of their lives. This must have been great content for them. Then it dawned upon me that the pugs probably lack skyscale and other advanced mounts. Oh dear, how would they play this stuff?

I had thought that CM fractals and raids  were the height of the gw2 experience, but I guess they decided the toughness of content should be this open world stuff. 

In the end I decided this kitten is too complicated for me, and I went into EB so I could avoid thinking and stuff. But my poor brain had suffered enough so I fell asleep and now I'm here writing this kitten. I just cannot imagine your average pug bothering with the same workarounds as I would, and they either just ragequit, get carried, or complain here.

And so this is why people enjoy WvW. PvE is just too hard. My gameplay should either consist of smacking things that are in front of me or following where the leader goes. I never read in school so I'm definitely not starting here. Incidentally, me not reading is how I even got pve weeklies in the first place, but it looks like I'll be filtering by WvW. Not really sure yet.

Thanks, now I feel so much better not buying the expansion, give no kittens about pve in this game, and picking wvw all day every day to play and do all the dailies/weeklies in. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Thanks, now I feel so much better not buying the expansion, give no kittens about pve in this game, and picking wvw all day every day to play and do all the dailies/weeklies in. 🤭

Ah, well that's the scary part. I didn't buy the expansion. This was part of the living story immediately preceding it and a lot of people didn't like it.

I just assumed it was just bad players whining and I thought it was kinda funny seeing them get rekt in the main EoD content. (That was actually some of the best stuff I've seen and didn't have stupid gating, you just needed some brain cells)

But I see that's just not that simple. I did get everything done, but it was costly. 😆

It really does not bode well if that was a precedent. Still, I think I would reach the same conclusion as you xD.

And yea I unfortunately may have to stick with WvW only lest I get sent there again. (Along with kill 100 awakened,wtf!)

• Haha 1

The irony here is WvW keeps a lot of us around because it is player created content. It's new minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, week by week. And that's with little changes to the sandbox overtime. Imagine how many people we wouldn't have lost with more options to the sandbox. Maps, features, tools, goals, strategies and so fourth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

The truth is, we don't. So the question is, why are we playing at all despite not enjoying it. That's quite some achievement of ANet. Nobody really knows how this dev could pull this off.

Please don't reply to the three year old part of the post that was necro'd.

Disagree, play since it is still fun and no you can't have my stuff but I need your stuff. But what we have left is all of us that don't care what that means at end of week. Now imagine how many we might have if actions mattered. Food for thought. Warhammer Online was the same...we knew the end was near but even on the last day/hour/minute the fight was on till the lights went out. The difference here is ANet has time to reverse that course since they have already weeded out so many players without changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Please don't reply to the three year old part of the post that was necro'd.

Disagree, play since it is still fun and no you can't have my stuff but I need your stuff. But what we have left is all of us that don't care what that means at end of week. Now imagine how many we might have if actions mattered. Food for thought. Warhammer Online was the same...we knew the end was near but even on the last day/hour/minute the fight was on till the lights went out. The difference here is ANet has time to reverse that course since they have already weeded out so many players without changes.

1. You don't look like a mod, so don't tell me what to answer and what not! Thanks.

2. The WvW situation is exactly the same, if not worse, today.