exploits and ppl who use them

Avengedeath.4671

I saw a thief use an exploit to get into swt on alpine bl. I reported him and then sent him a private message. he said he was "using proper game mechanics". I told him it was an exploit. He said I could believe what I want. LOL. if this is their attitude then why even bother reporting? they are never going to believe they did anything wrong.

Depending on the nature of it I can understand the mentality that its ok. Those weird bouncy jumping up walls trick is one of those I can get behind if they havnt been fixed after all these years.

I can relate in a similar way.On ABL NWC, just before arriving from the south there is a long rock Ridge to the right. It is presumed that to get to the upped side of it you have to walk around it but if you bouncy jump at a spot in the middle of it you can get up pretty easy and save yourself ~10 seconds. SWC has multiple "tricky" spots where you can jump up/onto that, using a less biased view point, could be considered non-legit terrain and exploiting but players have been doing it since like 2012.

tl;drIf it is within the confines of the game and hasn't been addressed for years, go crazy and have fun.

if someone can jump into a keep using nothing but weapon or utility skills for leaps, is that considered terrain exploit?

anet puts such little time into wvw i feel like they either need to patch things including balance too ofc, otherwise just put out a statement saying they don’t care unless it’s not utilizing existing game mechanics and no 3rd party software etc.

@"lare.5129" said:all use it. It not exploit. Learn game. Same as blink to upside bridge floor to be on top .. May be for some mmo it looks like exloit, but in gw2 this is common mechanic.

The person us not only hands but brains too, should we report him/her?

Yes, report and even ban for exploiting unintented mechanic.If he've got inside an objective, be it tower, keep or stonemist by other means than:a) destroying walls or/and gatesb) using portal/waypoint (if the objective is under his servers control)c) teleported by his friendz portal utility skilld) gliding from one objective to another as long it belongs to your servere) obviously if gates and walls are down(cause enemy could've destroyed ur objective walls/gates)Anything beside these "legal" ways like hoping with mount on certain edges to get inside objective is a no-no.There are walls and gates on objectives for a reason after all, should be obvious I think.I don't even know how you were capable of comparing teleport on bridge/edges/whatever with breaking inside objective with unintented mechanic lmao.

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Yes, report and even ban for exploiting unintented mechanic.this is "unintented " only for you and for non -skilled players.

Anything beside these "legal" ways like hoping with mount on certain edges to get inside objective is a no-no.this is no any "legal" or "not legal". If person not use 3rd party software - person any press any skill buttons and hold any position.

There are walls and gates on objectives for a reason after all, should be obvious I think.If someone make wall inside head - this is issue only for that person I think.

@lare.5129 said:

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Yes, report and even ban for exploiting unintented mechanic.this is "unintented " only for you and for non -skilled players.

Anything beside these "legal" ways like hoping with mount on certain edges to get inside objective is a no-no.this is no any "legal" or "not legal". If person not use 3rd party software - person any press any skill buttons and hold any position.

There are walls and gates on objectives for a reason after all, should be obvious I think.If someone make wall inside head - this is issue only for that person I think.

I'm pretty sure A-net has created "jumping puzzles" as an intented way to "jump around" to get to a certain places to be "rewarded", but I don't remember them stating that objectives such as Towers, Keeps and Stonemist were within category "jumping puzzle" since 2012.Another thing, just because something is inside the game, it doesn't mean you're allowed to exploit it and then use argument "but I didn't use 3rd party software", it really doesn't matter. Like, if you'll find a way to get infinite gold because of bug, then what? You expect that it's "intended" behaviour of game? If you abuse that bug, it's just exploiting overlooked mechanic of the game, which should be punishable and that's it.I really don't understand your logic if there is any in the first place

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:but I don't remember them stating thatI am also not remember many things, but it not changes nothing

Like, if you'll find a way to get infinite gold because of bug, then what?We have that sopurces, and use it. I am already use that. I help be me be higher than 97% accounts.

You expect that it's "intended" behaviour of game?Everyone have his own "intended" behavior

If you abuse that bug, it's just exploiting overlooked mechanic of the game, which should be punishable and that's it.should we ask ban player with big dps ? they break some mechanic of the game and it is not "intended" behavior

I really don't understand your logic if there is any in the first placeit OK. Don't worry. Try read more than few times.

i just don’t see how, other than using 3rd party software to actually hack, that it is justifiable to ban anyone for “terrain exploit” when anet is completely neglecting wvw as a game mode. they literally do not pay attention to it at all. numerous bugs exist that have been around since launch. desert map is ridden with these terrain bugs which make it easy to ignore walls in certain places. i can’t count on both hands how many times i’ve capped things on desert bl without siege. but hey, i personally think that’s part of what makes that map the best map.

@"Avengedeath.4671" said:I saw a thief use an exploit to get into swt on alpine bl. I reported him and then sent him a private message. he said he was "using proper game mechanics". I told him it was an exploit. He said I could believe what I want. LOL. if this is their attitude then why even bother reporting? they are never going to believe they did anything wrong.

What was the exploit? Because it might have just been a matter of your side not properly clearing the tower when they took it, which is fair play if he took advantage of it.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@"Avengedeath.4671" said:I saw a thief use an exploit to get into swt on alpine bl. I reported him and then sent him a private message. he said he was "using proper game mechanics". I told him it was an exploit. He said I could believe what I want. LOL. if this is their attitude then why even bother reporting? they are never going to believe they did anything wrong.

What was the exploit? Because it might have just been a matter of your side not properly clearing the tower when they took it, which is fair play if he took advantage of it.

I think I remember somebody showing a video of a thief using the daredevil staff leap "Vault" to jump a gate before. It was a long while back. It was probably something like that.

@"Quench.7091" said:I think I remember somebody showing a video of a thief using the daredevil staff leap "Vault" to jump a gate before. It was a long while back. It was probably something like that.

Could be. But that tower in particular is easy to hide in, which might lead someone to conclude that an enemy within the intact tower must have cheated their way in.