Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Should core be a viable option or they should be core/base for specs.


WindBlade.8749

Recommended Posts

I have seen this so much in theses past years, people like me thinks it's fine that core are underperforming copared to specs, since i see them more as a core or base that get expends in specs.

But some people think they should be their own thing, (even if it's hard to balance since all the core feature are acessibles to the specs so you need to make synergies between 3 traitlines to make them viable).

I'm not bringing f2p players, f2p is more a demo and we should see the game as a whole since in a mmorpg the dlc are basicly the game opposed to solo game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@WindBlade.8749 said:I have seen this so much in theses past years, people like me thinks it's fine that core are underperforming copared to specs, since i see them more as a core or base that get expends in specs.

But some people think they should be their own thing, (even if it's hard to balance since all the core feature are acessibles to the specs so you need to make synergies between 3 traitlines to make them viable).

I'm not bringing f2p players, f2p is more a demo and we should see the game as a whole since in a mmorpg the dlc are basicly the game opposed to solo game.

It's totally possible to balance every elite independently ...that's it when you design the elite to be an actual change of gameplay and not an upgraded version of the core spec itself like in holosmith or weaver cases. I believe necro is a perfect example of balance between core and its elites: core is tanky, reaper is dps/bruiser and scourge is support/corrupt

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

there are not just f2p accounts, if you had account before xpacs came out and you didn't buy xpac, you have normal game just without new zones/specs.

whole reason why i am against especs being straight upgrade is because it turned pvp into p2w. It is just wrong. Not to mention we wouldn't have such fiesta in pvp as we have it now. Before classes had certain roles now it got muddled a lot and i think pvp suffers from it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Cynz.9437" said:

  1. there are not just f2p accounts, if you had account before xpacs came out and you didn't buy xpac, you have normal game just without new zones/specs.
  2. whole reason why i am against especs being straight upgrade is because it turned pvp into p2w. It is just wrong. Not to mention we wouldn't have such fiesta in pvp as we have it now. Before classes had certain roles now it got muddled a lot and i think pvp suffers from it.

Can you imagine , if some people where backing up Xerpth , for not decreasing damage on some classes , but instead giving other classes to burst also , so we have "more varietty" ? (stacking burn) :PPPP(didnt the same happen with the War Machine Guild and Izzy n GW1? )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"WindBlade.8749" said:I have seen this so much in theses past years, people like me thinks it's fine that core are underperforming copared to specs, since i see them more as a core or base that get expends in specs.

But some people think they should be their own thing, (even if it's hard to balance since all the core feature are acessibles to the specs so you need to make synergies between 3 traitlines to make them viable).

I'm not bringing f2p players, f2p is more a demo and we should see the game as a whole since in a mmorpg the dlc are basicly the game opposed to solo game.

Elite specializations should only be "new possible playstyle" offered to core classes and nothing beside that. Instead of that, we've got some poorly designed and executed "core+" or "core 2.0" upgrades, which are a joke to say the least.Core should always be viable, since the game is build on it.Don't forget, that there are people that have bought Core GW2, HoT and PoF, so they should be able to choice between 3 possible playstyles, not just 2 powercreeped e-speces.Making e-speces stronger than core is just cheap cashgrab tactic."You want to be competetive? Ha, keep dreaming without our new powercreeped into oblivion e-speces!"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people are too lazy to stop using e-specs rather than playing Core because in my experience;

  • Core Warrior plays well.
  • Core Guardian definitely plays well.
  • Core Revenant definitely plays well.
  • Core Ranger definitely plays too well.
  • Core Engineer plays well.
  • Core Thief plays well.
  • Core Necromancer definitely plays well.
  • Core Mesmer plays well.
  • Core Elementalist doesn't play well.

Something to note from the patch, most professions were nerfed, Elementalist took the biggest hits in utility skills (Cantrip notably) while Ranger which is definitely the strongest core class has seen little nerf on it's weapons, utility or pets. They actually took some time to nerf Ranger for whatever reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like core to be a balanced option in it's own right. It's definately possible. They did a good job of it for Ranger, Necro, and Guardian.

For specs like Holo that are straight upgrades, they should look into nerfs they did to core that left them weak in comparison to their elites. Core Engi could also make due with some traitline reworks. Inventions feels incomplete without alchemy, and tools has been in need of a rework for ages. Engi loses nothing for going Holo or Scrapper because it's core traitlines are so weak there's very little opportuity cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Shao.7236 said:I think people are too lazy to stop using e-specs rather than playing Core because in my experience;

  • Core Warrior plays well.
  • Core Guardian definitely plays well.
  • Core Revenant definitely plays well.
  • Core Ranger definitely plays too well.
  • Core Engineer plays well.
  • Core Thief plays well.
  • Core Necromancer definitely plays well.
  • Core Mesmer plays well.
  • Core Elementalist doesn't play well.

Something to note from the patch, most professions were nerfed, Elementalist took the biggest hits in utility skills (Cantrip notably) while Ranger which is definitely the strongest core class has seen little nerf on it's weapons, utility or pets. They actually took some time to nerf Ranger for whatever reason.

Some aren't meta for raids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For your information, core doesnt mean free2play, I paid 60 bucks for the preorder when the game was released, and its a lot compared to now that the core+2 expansions costs 30.That being said I've been playing core for ages until I bough the expansion in 2020, and i remeber I was angry about the advantadges who had the specialitations over core.Now I got the expansion I dont mind, maybe it give a elitist air to those who have the expansions over the free2play peasants, but its just an illusion, because it has been demonstrated that vanilla necro, guardian, ranger and mesmer dont need the expansions. The other classes yes, are in disadvantage when are core classes, especially core engi and ele.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im fine with the elite speccs becoming the meta, but core classes should be viable atleast, which they are.

I get people argue it's "p2w" to have elite speccs above them. But if they aren't stronger. They won't be used. What's the point in developing them if they are weaker then the core speccs?. You may aswell not buy the expansion.

It'd make the expansion a waste of money for all PvP players effectively.

They may aswell scrap the idea entirely if they were to realistically do that. As u can't use any part of the elite specc with the core specc due to you have to use it to even wield the weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't care either way. All that I want is for them to choose a philosophy and stick to it, so they can be consistent for once. Either elite specs are sidegrades with trade-offs, or they are pure upgrades. I don't want any of this vague in-between stuff that we are getting right now. However, even if they choose to have elite specs as blatant upgrades, that is still no license to indiscriminately nerf core specs due to problems of a specific elite spec. After all, nerfing core nerfs every elite spec of the class, not just the overperforming one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...