Trapper rune

Crozame.4098

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@Khalgir.3862 said:Sure, remove the Trapper Rune and give DH good survivability.

If you think DH is lacking good survivability then you're playing it wrong

Do not really have any troubles as a power coreguard vs DH on g3 and p1. Rangers just obliterate the DH.It is now just about stealth and kiting; that is the only reason why they are good. If you remove it, then the only option is to go with Valor, but you will have your damage deducted.

So, the DH will need to use "defensive" traitline to get more sustain at the price of it's damage? Are you serious about even thinking to complain about that?

It's because playing the game is too hard. Most have been conditioned to think they can survive forever while doing insane damage. We've come this far just to have more useless complains. It's "slowing" down the game to remove damage that instant kills.. Wow who would have known, but when we had instant kills there was no build variety at all outside anything that.. You guessed it, could survive forever and do insane damage.

It's always lose/lose with the devs and I feel sorry for them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

@"snoow.1694" said:EoD has probably an elite spec that will use traps, that might be a reason. Meaning a class that doesn’t have stealth will maybe get it. Personally don‘t find the rune very problematic since opponents sacrifice every single utility skill to use it and stealth doesn‘t really last that long, since they get instantly revealed as the traps get triggered

This is an interesting point, although probably not the main factor. Didn't CMC say in the first, recent patch notes, that the rune is under "surveillance"?

You might be correct, but I still hope they wait until EoD gets released, since it would be interesting to know if Warriors or Necros get traps and maybe see them using stealth, so I wouldn‘t want the rune to be removed right now.I personally don‘t play Necro, but I can imagine that Stealth + Superspeed together with the high health pool of Necros would be unbelievably broken lol

@snoow.1694 said:

@snoow.1694 said:EoD has probably an elite spec that will use traps, that might be a reason. Meaning a class that doesn’t have stealth will maybe get it. Personally don‘t find the rune very problematic since opponents sacrifice every single utility skill to use it and stealth doesn‘t really last that long, since they get instantly revealed as the traps get triggered

This is an interesting point, although probably not the main factor. Didn't CMC say in the first, recent patch notes, that the rune is under "surveillance"?

You might be correct, but I still hope they wait until EoD gets released, since it would be interesting to know if Warriors or Necros get traps and maybe see them using stealth, so I wouldn‘t want the rune to be removed right now.I personally don‘t play Necro, but I can imagine that Stealth + Superspeed together with the high health pool of Necros would be unbelievably broken lol

Tbh with you, I would hate traps in any other spec. Very boring gameplay. Does it open the possibility for stealth in classes with no stealth? Totally. But personally, I believe there are much better options out there for skills, preps/traps lame /shrug.

Just a small hint :P - remember, the strongest condition "burn" got nerfed in terms of duration (maybe numbers as well?), anyways it got nerfed - so which other condition do u think comes next in line when it comes to duration and dmg output? :PThats why trapper rune on condi ranger is really really disgusting, i play it myself and with the right build, its a hard abuse of this rune in terms of sustain and duel ability.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@Khalgir.3862 said:Sure, remove the Trapper Rune and give DH good survivability.

Do not really have any troubles as a power coreguard vs DH on g3 and p1. Rangers just obliterate the DH.It is now just about stealth and kiting; that is the only reason why they are good. If you remove it, then the only option is to go with Valor, but you will have your damage deducted.

So, the DH will need to use "defensive" traitline to get more sustain at the price of it's damage? Are you serious about even thinking to complain about that?

Bruh, can you even read? I haven't said a word about complaining.

@"Yakuzai.6593" said:Just a small hint :P - remember, the strongest condition "burn" got nerfed in terms of duration (maybe numbers as well?), anyways it got nerfed - so which other condition do u think comes next in line when it comes to duration and dmg output? :PThats why trapper rune on condi ranger is really really disgusting, i play it myself and with the right build, its a hard abuse of this rune in terms of sustain and duel ability.

Fear and torment next nuehehehe.

For real though, Terror (traited fear) can hit quite hard some times compared to other conditions. And Torment is up there are one of the toughest condies to deal with.

@"Yakuzai.6593" said:Just a small hint :P - remember, the strongest condition "burn" got nerfed in terms of duration (maybe numbers as well?), anyways it got nerfed - so which other condition do u think comes next in line when it comes to duration and dmg output? :PThats why trapper rune on condi ranger is really really disgusting, i play it myself and with the right build, its a hard abuse of this rune in terms of sustain and duel ability.

For real though, Terror (traited fear) can hit quite hard some times compared to other conditions. And Torment is up there are one of the toughest condies to deal with.

Boy wouldn't it be nice if we had an un-nerfed cleansing sigil or un-nerfed supports to help us deal with the condition spam from our necro overlords.

Or dps builds that aren't immediately slapped into the ground. Those were pretty good at pulling them out of shroud where their pressure drops.

hint hint wink wink Who am I kidding CMC isn't paying attention. He's preparing to remove demo amulet.

It's going to happen just watch.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Boy wouldn't it be nice if we had an un-nerfed cleansing sigil or un-nerfed supports to help us deal with the condition spam from our necro overlords.

Or dps builds that aren't immediately slapped into the ground. Those were pretty good at pulling them out of shroud where their pressure drops.

hint hint wink wink
Who am I kidding CMC isn't paying attention. He's preparing to remove demo amulet.

That will be quite the blow to warriors. Although ig we are in the good spot of being able to still use MArauder effectively and even if that gets removed, Berserker can be used too. Cause I've heard people troll that CMC wants a Zerker-only meta xD

Are they just joking tho? :#

hint hint wink wink
Who am I kidding CMC isn't paying attention. He's preparing to remove demo amulet.

That will be quite the blow to warriors. Although ig we are in the good spot of being able to still use MArauder effectively and even if that gets removed, Berserker can be used too. Cause I've heard people troll that CMC wants a Zerker-only meta xD

Are they just joking tho? :#

If this trend doesn't stop, that's actually where we're headed. Demo amulet is pretty darn strong on a lot of side noders, including SpB, Druid, and the re-emerging Prot holo. I wouldn't be surprised if CMC decided to remove that too.

@Khalgir.3862 said:

And I don't have problems surviving as DH on p3 without trapper rune, so what is your point?

@mistsim.2748 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:On rangers it's fine imo, but entirely broken on DH because u can just go zerker, put out a 10k burst and disappear.

10k burst with what? True Shot?

I've been playing a glass longbow DH, Zerker, Scholar rune, full glass traits, and even under ideal conditions:
  • Pop heal skill for retaliation -> +25% crit chance +10% damage dealt
  • Pop retreat for aegis -> +20% damage dealt
  • Spear of Justice on target -> +15% damage dealt | pulses cripple -> +10% damage dealt | +10% damage from activating a virtue
  • Target >500units away -> +5% damage dealt
  • Feel my wrath for quickness, fury, and a few extra boons -> ~+5% damage dealt from Power of virtuous
  • Bane signet off cooldown -> +180 power
  • Scholar bonus active -> +10% damage dealt

I can expect trueshot to crit for about 10-11k on a light armor target

This is under absolutely ideal conditions. If any of these conditions aren't met, you can expect damge to drop into the 5k-8k range.

I refuse to believe power DH players are casually dropping 10k bursts while running trapper rune. Seems like fake news to me

Well, it's enough burst to put a bunch of scrubs into a blender and spit out their pieces with zero risk. That's my point.

Let's say you have 15k health (middle point) with some form of toughness or vit amulet. You'll either sit at 19k health or 500 toughness. Your attacks will deal as much percentage of health to the 11k hp DH as he will to you. I don't see how that's unfair. He will literally drop to one reaper auto chain.

I fail to see how running 11k hp with a maximum of 1 stunbreak is zero risk. But each to their own I guess.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:The problem is not the rune, is Burn DH being overtuned... well, burn in general is too much burst for a condition.

Would you be up for showing me this burn DH without trapper runes? I am up for dueling.

core burn guardian is till very strong even without traps and the rune

So whats a good day/time for you?

@Avatar.3568 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:The problem is not the rune, is Burn DH being overtuned... well, burn in general is too much burst for a condition.

If you still die to burn dh It's your fault

A Burn guard with the vitality of carrion, the burst of burn, the burst of spiritual sword, infinite blockages and cleanses... if I die its just my fault, its not ovepowered nooo.... lol the stealth of trapper rune is just the cherry on top of the overpowerment

@frareanselm.1925 said:

A Burn guard with the vitality of carrion, the burst of burn, the burst of spiritual sword, infinite blockages and cleanses... if I die its just my fault, its not ovepowered nooo.... lol the stealth of trapper rune is just the cherry on top of the overpowerment

Ah, the "infinite" 2 cleanses on a 30 second cooldown. Truly OP.

The rest relies on you attacking into aegis. Which you can outplay by simply... not attacking. They'll just have to sit there and take your condis, and they won't be able to use their heal skill to save themselves because that relies on you running into their trap.

Blow condis > kite > win. Pretty much how to outplay burn DH

@frareanselm.1925 said:

They cut the burn in half, you should not run like a chicken arround and be save everywhere, what do you want that it's unviable, every class has enaugh cleanses to deal with it, dodging skills, not standing in aoes, or make a gap to the guard when you see that he is burning is work from the players, being lazy at the game is not a result of balance

@frareanselm.1925 said:

So whats a good day and time for you to show me this build? I am still open for a duel, I will be on a power build to give you full advantage.

Thats why trapper rune on condi ranger is really really disgusting, i play it myself and with the right build, its a hard abuse of this rune in terms of sustain and duel ability.

hahaha sounds even legit, but its not so stackable/spammable as burn and the other "classic" condis - i actually wanted to point out "bleeding/poison" which are rangers main condis... and belive me those 2 can hit incredibly hard. Not only that with shortbow every AA is a bleeding stack, together with pets, traps and traits you can have basically perma uptime of condis on enemies no matter if they cleanse, you can very easy re-apply those condi stacks

@Shao.7236 said:

It's because playing the game is too hard. Most have been conditioned to think they can survive forever while doing insane damage. We've come this far just to have more useless complains. It's "slowing" down the game to remove damage that instant kills.. Wow who would have known, but when we had instant kills there was no build variety at all outside anything that.. You guessed it, could survive forever and do insane damage.

Wdym, ever since the february megapatch, the game has been the easiest it has ever been. Just turn off your brain and spam off cooldown. The lack of damage means you cant ever be punished for any mistakes, and worse yet, because of the lack of damage, spamming everything off cooldown is not even a mistake. And no, we had great build variety pre-patch. Its now that build variety is severely lacking.

Its not though. The february megapatch, and every change afterwards, was just a mistake. They could've just not made the megapatch. Or after seeing how overwhelmingly negative the response was, they couldve reverted the whole thing, admitted it was a mistake, and gone back to the drawing board. That wouldve been a "win" as you put it.

irony mode ON; anet never backs down, everything she does is good on the nerf theme. We are thinking of removing the healing amulet (and after a week they remove it) that we put back in Celestial, wait we remove it again. But what I say anet is never wrong, I think he only looks at tournaments.

more tournament prizes for PROs (anet is not nerfed based on ATs but on pvp in general) is a tip.

and the trapper rune annoys a ranger more with the infinity of conditions than a guard.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Wdym, ever since the february megapatch, the game has been the easiest it has ever been. Just turn off your brain and spam off cooldown. The lack of damage means you cant ever be punished for any mistakes, and worse yet, because of the lack of damage, spamming everything off cooldown
is not even a mistake
. And no, we had great build variety pre-patch. Its now that build variety is severely lacking.

Its not though. The february megapatch, and every change afterwards, was just a mistake. They could've just not made the megapatch. Or after seeing how overwhelmingly negative the response was, they couldve reverted the whole thing, admitted it was a mistake, and gone back to the drawing board. That wouldve been a "win" as you put it.

No, that's just you. You and a handful of other loud voices have been waging this crusade, but I, and quite a few others, are of the opinion that the direction with the Feb patch was a good one. Whether everything SINCE then has been done well..... that's another topic.

And I have no idea how much of a pretzel you have to twist your brain into to arrive at the conclusion that longer cooldowns = more spammy.