The new achievements for the Legendary amulet [Meme]

12 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Do we know what the achievements will be at this point? Hopefully not "balance on your right leg and while holding your left ankle play the episode with only your right hand...blindfolded...with a full party of five strangers...while being berated". 🙄

No we will know the first one or multiples on tuseday.

Edit

If I would guess I think something like

Complete all different events in drytop could be one

And craft x number of amberite weapons for example could be another.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Do we know what the achievements will be at this point? Hopefully not "balance on your right leg and while holding your left ankle play the episode with only your right hand...blindfolded...with a full party of five strangers...while being berated". 🙄

Only speculation at this point but it's safe to say that there will be some grind associated with them.  My guess is that map currencies will play a role including heart vendors as we may need to buy some things off them.  Anything that is tied specifically to a meta may be required.  I wouldn't be surprised if we had to defeat Vinewrath a certain number of times or open the nightmare chest a certain number of times.  The same about the Khan Ur chest and the one in the Thunderhead Peak vault.  I don't really expect any of the new achievements to require players to do anything the existing ones didn't already have them do.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 5:01 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I found it quicker to farm geodes by doing map completion as you get 100 each time.  If you really wanted to, you could roll a level 2 character over to the map so long as you have someone to help with the hero challenge that requires you to fight.

What class, weapon skills, etc do you use to get credit for that HP? Doesn't seem to get credit for me even with help.

7 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

What class, weapon skills, etc do you use to get credit for that HP? Doesn't seem to get credit for me even with help.

I haven’t personally farmed map completion on low level characters, but if it’s anything like the HoT hero challenges, then you have to rely on being in a group with those helping you and doing the minimum to tag it. This can be providing buffs to your group, doing enough damage, providing heals, etc. 

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm not sure a L2 character would get credit for killing (with help) an NPC that was more than 10 levels above.  It might take several attempts.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character#Exploring_high_level_areas

They can. I’ve done the HoT hero challenge train with brand new characters before and even recently did it with a level 50 character. I’ve even used the Octo meta exclusively to level low level by characters. 

On 5/19/2021 at 8:39 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Ah, nice! Cause i'm never sure how much time i have to play, and i don't want to invest my time in something that i might not complete "in time" and lose the opportunity. It's good that it's permanent, then i can play how much i can when the week is active with all the players, while finishing what i missed at my leisure!

Thanks!

im bit sick, so i reduce my "grind" too. probably im gonna play 1hr/week at max.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

I haven’t personally farmed map completion on low level characters, but if it’s anything like the HoT hero challenges, then you have to rely on being in a group with those helping you and doing the minimum to tag it. This can be providing buffs to your group, doing enough damage, providing heals, etc. 

They can. I’ve done the HoT hero challenge train with brand new characters before and even recently did it with a level 50 character. I’ve even used the Octo meta exclusively to level low level by characters. 

Even with providing buffs to others and using abilities that add conditions to enemies through allies it doesn't work. You're only capable of doing 1 damage half the time per hit. Not sure how many hundreds of attacks you need to do in order to qualify.

I've easily done it on a level 40 character. Level 11 is the bare minimum you need to get access to training skills. It has some challenges. Will have to try and look more into it with other classes since Ranger doesn't do enough with any of the skills.

So far the time investment to get a new character into Dry Top and high enough level to get participation isn't worth the 100 geodes you could have farmed just doing events.

UPDATE:

So apparently combo fielding with mace spam on Revenant does the trick.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692

• dkzbabe.1804 changed the title to The new achievements for the Legendary amulet [Meme]

Cry more.... this is infinitely better then suffering through "sPvP" infested with bots and flavor of the month builds. I was already 3/4 of the way finished with the amulet anyway, I will gladly throw away that time investment. Plus, the majority of the "Legendries" in this game are easily bought,  armor/ring/accessories included, the only legendary worth anything is the wvw ring. And that is basically just a time gate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Not gonna lie I take 3 mc + a pact fleet weapon or bonus 6 mc via achievements any day, its practically free and with the bonus geodes and keys I can push my ambrite collection further.

I call this bonus event a win even if its poitnless grinding 😄

Edited by Vindicate.6951
  • Like 4

Just a couple weeks ago I crafted my Legendary Amulet for around 1,5k Gold.

With the new achievement you can get it now basically for free and sicne you only need 1 in the legendary armory the crafted ones ar for nothing.

My suggestion is: Let us choose a Legendary trinket for the achievement: an amulett, a ring or an accessoire

So every player can get something usefull and have fun hunting the achievement 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

So based on the new information, it'll be 24 weeks until players can actually acquire the legendary amulet and it appears that you get it outright without having to craft it.

The achievements for each of the week's meta achievements will revolve around completing the major story instances for the episode(s) for certain.  My guess is that the LS3 and LS4 meta achievements will require heart completion as well and possibly require the map currencies in some manner such as purchasing collection item from the heart vendors.  I'm also guessing that completing the jumping puzzles will be required.

Just now, Ayrilana.1396 said:

But that doesn't mean that the other wouldn't be.

Obviously.

But the precedent set with this release didn't involve the JP, nor collecting map currencies.

It's clear they are planning to just hand over a legendary amulet to everyone for just doing the story, a few events and mining a few nodes as a method of on boarding people into the Armory and jingling the keys to distract from a clear content drought.

14 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Obviously.

But the precedent set with this release didn't involve the JP, nor collecting map currencies.

It's clear they are planning to just hand over a legendary amulet to everyone for just doing the story, a few events and mining a few nodes as a method of on boarding people into the Armory and jingling the keys to distract from a clear content drought.

One week is hardly enough to base what they'll do with future episodes. 

• Like 1

I’m satisfied with this week’s meta achievement. It’s much more relaxing than the typical meta achievements and gives the players more freedom to just play however they want (do any 10 events instead of repeat a specific event several times, for example). It’s also nowhere near grindy as I feared.

However, I highly doubt the rest will continue like this. The later maps have much more depth than Dry Tops, meaning we’ll likely see achievements that are more demanding. Also, historically, achievement steps often start out easy then get longer, harder, and more expensive later. Lastly, since IBS doesn’t have a legendary of its own, I wouldn’t be surprised if existing IBS meta achievements are required in some way.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 5

I was pleasantly surprised Anet decided to give us achievements that can be done in a reasonable time frame. It took me two sandstorms to get the chests and roughly an hour and a half to very casually harvest ore and wood. Tomorrow I can finish the "plants" and can start doing the instances.

Is it legendary? No, but I still thing that when Anet goes past the LS2 stuff and we approach IBS the requirements will be increased and I would not count out having to finish all the meta achievements for the final reward (which is the amulet).

• Like 4