The new achievements for the Legendary amulet [Meme]

2 hours ago, Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

then there will be somewhere a meta with much more grind. this was too easy.

Which will have players doing 24 weeks of meta achievements.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
original sentence didn't make sense
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

It's clear they are planning to just hand over a legendary amulet to everyone for just doing the story, a few events and mining a few nodes as a method of on boarding people into the Armory and jingling the keys to distract from a clear content drought.

And it's clearly going to work like a charm too.

Isnt "grind enough" the fact that you have to do achievements for all story content and seasons up til the new expansions? That's a lot of stuff to go through, they don't really need to also add layers of pointless grind on top of that, just going through - basically the whole game - again is i think enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

People map complete in level 80 zones on characters less than level 80? 😶

Yes, it was a popular way to farm keys, but the easiest maps like Bloodstone Fen were already changed a long time ago because of that.

This change most likely happend, because there have been people who were using illegal tools to farm keys on a HoT-Maps.

I mean, it went fast enough.

But I'm not sure why they felt the need to add a bunch of gathering achievements just for the sake of having something to grind. It doesn't add anything to the story or help tell it in anyway. At most it forces you to explore the map more.

But yeah, bare minimum and toss in some grind as usual.

I was hoping deep down there would be somekind of subtle map changes or something in these maps to reflect the recent death of the two elder dragons. Nah, a few lines of dialogue from npc's in Eye of the North and a bunch of gathering achievements mixed in with completing old story missions that seem like they would be enough in themselves. 

At least it went by quickly, so there's that. On the plus side we at least get some mystic coins out of the grind. 

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Isnt "grind enough" the fact that you have to do achievements for all story content and seasons up til the new expansions? That's a lot of stuff to go through, they don't really need to also add layers of pointless grind on top of that, just going through - basically the whole game - again is i think enough.

Must you do all achievements for the Story Content?

Looks like just complete the Episode (Chapter by Chapter). 

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

This is week 1 of 16, there is plenty of room to add a ton of grind. Remember next week is dry top again. Expect some IBS levels of grind next week.

I'm not sure about that.

Complete all Return to Gates of Maguuma and Entanglement achievements.

Meta:  Complete 12 Achievements  (There is already 12 Achievements listed.)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Return_to_Gates_of_Maguuma_and_Entanglement#achievement5773

2 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Everything that I stated was me guessing other than the story missions.  You're saying the jumping puzzles won't be included as if it's a fact.

After only a few hours you are invalidating predictions that there will be no jumping puzzles, despite the fact that there is no evidence to suggest that jumping puzzles will be required.  I don't understand what makes a prediction that jumping puzzles will be required more valid than the opposite.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

After only a few hours you are invalidating predictions that there will be no jumping puzzles, despite the fact that there is no evidence to suggest that jumping puzzles will be required.  I don't understand what makes a prediction that jumping puzzles will be required more valid than the opposite.

The poster invalidated my guesses by stating their opinion as a fact which is very much different than what I had done to counter them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Must you do all achievements for the Story Content?

Looks like just complete the Episode (Chapter by Chapter). 

Well it's my understanding that the new achievements are tied to each story and living world content... So you first have to complete that anyway, and then do the achievement for that zone or whatever... Didn't have time to check the achievements yet, but as new episodes are released, new achievements will probably be released alongside them so... When we reach Icebrood Saga - that's a LOT of achievements to complete so each individual one doesn't really need to be grindy because of the overall volume of them.

We'll see i guess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

What was stated as a fact is that currently no jumping puzzles are required.  It is a fact.

For this week's episodes.  This week by no means indicates that future weeks couldn't have them as the poster was stating.  I said this much to them and they just dismissed it as conjecture.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Dami.5046 said:

*looks into crystal ball*

The only thing it tells me is the expansion isn't coming before summer.

Im gonna bank on january. there are 24 main achievements, which they cover 2 episodes each going by this release.

Given that they might include HoT and PoF as well in this, and make us go through the whole story to get this done so vets can carry new players through the campaign? It comes to November 9th, which is based on the perception of it being a 24 week period based on what we currently have.

2 episodes somehow = 12 minor achievements, based on this which you must do all of to complete the main step. = One main step takes one to two episodes, likely two since thats how they said they'd do it.

The time frame based on the achievements means it will take 24 weeks, based on what is supported currently. As others have said some like S4 and S3 have a ton going on in their episodes so there likely could be multiple weeks there. We also have to assume they will take a break for Festivals. So Dragons bash is around the corner, which is in july. So july we won't have anything and S2 will last till the end of june. But then again I did 24 weeks from now, without any breaks and that put it at November if they wait and make us have months off due to Festivals it would likely be much, much longer.