The new achievements for the Legendary amulet [Meme]

Anet can you please clarify on the new Legendary Amulet announcement about acquisition? Specifically saying:

"After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny".

My question is, does completing the new meta-achievement for all LW episodes automatically give you the legendary amulet, or is crafting and mystic forge still required to finish it? Can you elborate more on this please?

The way it is worded seems to imply that each Season replay will give 1 item. Combine all 4 in the forge to get the Legendary Amulet. 

Now, it is without saying that Legendaries tend to be on the pricier side of things.

It is possible they will give you a Legendary Amulet with no effect(Slumbering), and to upgrade it to one with effects(or possibly even combine into a new effect with Aurora/Vision/Coalescence) will require resources. This might of course include crafting with Xunlai Electrum Ingots and other materials such as 250 of each Bloodstone Rubies, ... , Shard of Crystallized Blood of Jormag.

Or they go the usual route and give you the Precursor by playing the Seasons, and you have to upgrade it with Gift of Money. 

• Like 1

I think the new legendary amulet will be much cheaper. Transcendence is already the cheapest legendary, and that's because amulets don't have infusion slots and are super easy to acquire too in ascended quality. Of all possible legendaries, an amulet is objectively the least useful.

And that said, I can see Anet technically giving everyone a "free" legendary amulet to promote the armory. And by "free" I mean significantly cheaper than Transcendence.

• Like 3

I was just getting ready to make transcendence this week (my last legendary slot needed) and they go and announce a new one. I am waiting to see what the effect is, can't imagine its worse than the little brown ball. 

It lists new meta achievements so I suspect we will have to complete some new stuff, possibly existing collections, to spend enough gold to be a sink. I can't imagine it being free, there will be a 1000g+ cost in there somewhere. 

I expect it to be like the previous LS trinket collections only that it'll cover multiple seasons.  The precursor may be split into four parts across the four seasons as someone mentioned.  I also expect season currencies to play a roll so I'd get to farming at least a stack or each; probably more for LS5.  It wouldn't hurt to do the daily charged quartz in case it's needed ~~as it was for the other two trinkets from the LS~~.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
struck out part which wasn't true

I find it very interesting that players automatically assume the mentioned amulet will be"free".

No where in the announcement was a mention of a "free' legendary amulet. The exact quote, which Dark Red Killian.3946

already provided, was:

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

Let's go by past experience and implementations:

1. there have been very costly achievements in the past

2. another legendary amulet transcendence was added approximately 1 year ago. Both of these items will compete for the slot in the legendary armory

3. there are over 60 legendary items in this game. None of them were free, not a single one

4. the cost for legendary items has increased steadily (from a design and implementation standpoints, not only from material price fluctuations)

Now might there be a chance that this amulet will be "free"? Sure, there is always a chance. Would I personally take any bets that this will be the case? Absolutely not. Anyone who assume this amulet will be "free" falls in the same boat as the players who assumed precursors from precursor crafting would be free.

Small reminder: they were not.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Based on the blog post, the permanent achievements will only be available when the episodes receive their spotlight week.  This means that we'd have to wait until almost the end of the year before we can acquire the legendary amulet.  It looks to be very similar to what they did with the Champions episode of Icebrood Saga where they dragged it out for half a year.

We likely won't know for certain until next week but any thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

At two Episodes per week, it should wrap up around August 24th, no? 

Season 2 - 4 weeks

Season 3 - 3 weeks

Season 4 - 3 weeks

Icebrood Saga - 3 weeks

Looks like it might end near a possible End of Dragons release period.  /shrug

If they keep doing 2 episodes a week without breaks between seasons, yes. That might point to a September or October release date.

But season 3/4 have much larger episodes with their own maps so it might be more like. 

Season 2 - 4 weeks

Season 3 - 6 weeks

Season 4 - 6 weeks

Icebrood Saga - 3 to 5 weeks depending on if they have Visions of the Past and Champions weeks. 

That'd end sometime in October. 

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

A PvE legendary amulet? Isn't the only legendary amulet right now a PvP one?

There’s a new legendary amulet coming out in a few months.

When Anet makes the season episodes free, they will add new meta achievements for players to do along with each release (LWS2~IBS). This is probably so that new players who get the episodes for free will have helping hands from veterans who will return to these maps for the new meta achievements. Another likely reason is to give players stuff to do in the downtime while waiting for EoD.

When you complete all the new meta achievements Anet will add for all the seasons, you will get the new upcoming legendary amulet.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

When Anet makes the season episodes free, they will add new meta achievements for players to do in these episodes (LWS2~IBS). This is probably so that new players who get the episodes for free will have a helping hand from veterans who will return to these maps to complete these new meta achievements. When you complete all the new meta achievements Anet will add for all the seasons, you will get a new legendary amulet.

Ah! Nice!

If that's so, to the OPs question, then i also believe they'll roll in achievements as the episodes become free so that people play together.

35 minutes ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

I don't really care if it's going to be timegated. All I care is if they're going to add another source of daily mystic coin in open world.

Probably not going to happen. If you go hard on coins, you can get up to 3+/day.

If you do fractal CMs, it's 2/day.
If you ley line (which is really easy and popular now) i'ts another 1/day.
T4 fractal dailies are probably an aggregate average of .5/day as they reward the lower level chests with lower but still significant chances as well
Then if you include daily login, you're looking at ~.75/day.

Also, some festivals give them, during SAB though, it was better to trade for the amalgamated draconic lodestone, sell it, then turn around and buy coins with the profit. And there's occaisional daily mystic forger as well.

Just ley line and login is almost 2/day. If you invest in fractals, you can get TONs.

You can earn additional clovers doing the one-time (non-repeatable) tracks in PVP and WvW. They almost always give around 7/track. Which is pretty good considering the daily login reward is 7 in one month. Then, there's always drizzlewood for clovers, so you really shouldn't need MCs for the clovers so much if you're diverse in your game modes.

I get the time gating is annoying, but if they didn't gate it at all, I'm pretty sure this game would become desolate.

I'll say it like this: if I didn't spend my MCs on frivolous things, I'd have way more than I need against the clovers I have for a gen2/trinket, just doing ley line daily and logging in. That doesn't mean that extra MCs couldn't help legendary progression, but just note that earning clovers is generally harder/more time gated.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Probably not going to happen. If you go hard on coins, you can get up to 3+/day.

If you do fractal CMs, it's 2/day.
If you ley line (which is really easy and popular now) i'ts another 1/day.
T4 fractal dailies are probably an aggregate average of .5/day as they reward the lower level chests with lower but still significant chances as well
Then if you include daily login, you're looking at ~.75/day.

You can earn additional clovers doing the one-time (non-repeatable) tracks in PVP and WvW. They almost always give around 7/track. Which is pretty good considering the daily login reward is 7 in one month. Then, there's always drizzlewood for clovers, so you really shouldn't need MCs for the clovers so much if you're diverse in your game modes.

Done all the non repeat tracks in wvw, pvp is not my thing. Other than that I'm very casual like, my fractal skill level still stuck in T1. And I don't raid, of course. For me, my only sources of mystic coin are login rewards (20/month) and daily LLLA (30/month).

Let alone the clovers, if a legendary is going to require a mystic tribute, it's going to take at least 250 mystic coins, and that will take 5 months. This, for me, is the real time gating kitten.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1