I wish Anet deletes my account if I ever buy another black lion key

On 6/5/2021 at 9:36 AM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Surprise mechanics should be banned from games. They exploit people using human psychology. Does nobody know this?

Making statements such as "Don't like it? Don't do it" Is ignoring the issue. There is a psychological implication in these kinds of in-game mechanics, and it's not always the persons fault for succumbing to it. It's like blaming the mouse for walking into the mouse trap. But what about the person who set the cheese?

Does nobody else want their games free from this nonsense? or are you just going to ignore it forever until all the games we play are literal gambling machines that you don't want you friends and family anywhere near? We cannot keep ignoring the problem and scrutinizing anyone who criticizes it. We should all put our voices together and say NO, and demand fair business practices that do not exploit people who may be vulnerable to these types of maneuvers. If we don't, then we might as well say goodbye to fun games within the next few years.

Give me permission to print this as a poster and hang it on the city walls and train stations. 

Every time you feel the urge to buy a key just ask yourself if you need some lion figurines and dyes cause that's what you're getting.  I get that same urge to buy them but I always take a beat and remember what they give.  They never give anything worthwhile.  Some people claim they do but they're liars (I know some have that luck but this is how I keep myself in check).  They exist solely to take money from you and give nothing in return.  Want to pay salary?  Buy some keys and think of it as money you just throw at them.

Just the other day, I ended up buying gardening plots instead of keys and a frosty looking outfit.  I just want to spend at times and keys are the absolute last thing I allow myself to think on.

I watched a video were the ytuber opened 57 black lion chest and none of it was really worth your time and definitely not worth your gems.  My guess is the gambler will love these but of no real use to your average player.  Better just buying the items straight from the store or TP.  It works out a lot cheaper.

Black Lion Keys do drop randomly, just very rarely. I got one recently on an alt account, which sees little actual play time.

Since you can get keys in-game (story, reward tracks, drops, login rewards...) or by gold > gems, I have no problem with things as they are. I'm also not addicted to buying them for cash, but do so sometimes when they are on sale or part of a bundle.

I use 25 black lion keys each time a new set of goods comes out. Doing it to support the company, I don't really care what I get. That being said, have occasionally gotten some good stuff.  I would agree that buying them to get a specific item would not be optimal.

• Thanks 1