How is the warrior currently doing on pvp ?

Escanor.8157

- I own a charr berseker and am creating a mesmer asura right now to wield my glorious GS. 

- I am only creating mesmer because GS it is my favorite weapon, I have already created all professions that use GS and I ended up deleting necromancer and ranger because I didn't like it...

- would like to know how is the warrior spellbreaker currently, can I duel against any thief,elementalist, revenant ( and win ? is the DPS high?

- am afraid to make mesmer lvl 80 and end up deleting.

Spellbreaker is still pretty dangerous but really melts to some condi classes. Don't even try to fight condi mes, but you can kill other condi classes if you're careful and know when and how to kite, then go in for your burst. Using zerker amulet with fighter runes is the way to go, your big skills hit like a truck and your cc/mobility is plenty. If some of the other classes get toned down spellbreaker will be meta again imo, That's the usual strength build tho, the defense trait line is still a dumpster fire and core tactics feels rough atm. I don't really like berserker so no opinion there

Edited by FunkyBassline.5289

14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Looks like their nerfing other classes down to warrior levels more like it.

When they delete most of their condition management , damage and get stupid kitten reworks like getting useless lightfields then the other classes might get on the level of warrior.

Edited by Vancho.8750

3 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

True but it makes sense to do so cuz once all classes are un fun to play the population should become healthier, thats how it works right? Lol

Reversing a line from the Incredibles...when no one is super, everyone is...:)

On 6/8/2021 at 12:18 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Looks like their nerfing other classes down to warrior levels more like it.

LOLOL, they have been "nerfing other classes down to warrior level" since 2020 feb,

i already posted a thread like 1 year ago about how even if they nerf the meta, it will just be another meta without warrior and keep going forever till finally warrior will be op for 1-2 month and get nerfed to useless again.

i know it because this is what warrior is in pvp since 2013.

people thought it only takes some nerf of other classes for warrior to come back since feb 2020, but that's obviously not true.

and voila, here we are still at "nerfing other classes" phase after more then 1 year.

Edited by felix.2386

4 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

LOLOL, they have been "nerfing other classes down to warrior level" since 2020 feb,

i already posted a thread like 1 year ago about how even if they nerf the meta, it will just be another meta without warrior and keep going forever till finally warrior will be op for 1-2 month and get nerfed to useless again.

people thought it only takes some nerf of other classes for warrior to come back since feb 2020, but that's obviously not true.

and voila, here we are still at "nerfing other classes" phase after more then 1 year.

That 1-2 months will be at EoD release. Hopefully the balance teams maintains it's snail pace then eh?

Like I mentioned in the Omnibus, I'd rather not nerf other classes down but tweak warrior to help it do it's job better. Like putting movement on a few OH skills to raise their viability vs shield for instance. Or reducing the cast time on 100 Blades.

• Like 1

Idk if it's a learn to play issue on my end but condi mes seems like a death sentence atm for warrior. Mes can just spam skills and demolish me, plus being able to use the daze mantra while CC'd seems a bit cheap.

It's also a weird state of balance because warrior has a ton of condi cleanse, but it doesn't seem like anywhere near enough to deal with the amount of application some classes have.

Edited by FunkyBassline.5289

On 6/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You are fine to be wrong.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:54 AM, Escanor.8157 said:

- I own a charr berseker and am creating a mesmer asura right now to wield my glorious GS. 

- I am only creating mesmer because GS it is my favorite weapon, I have already created all professions that use GS and I ended up deleting necromancer and ranger because I didn't like it...

- would like to know how is the warrior spellbreaker currently, can I duel against any thief,elementalist, revenant ( and win ? is the DPS high?

- am afraid to make mesmer lvl 80 and end up deleting.

I think creating Asura just to see the weapon is a poor choice. Their gear is so small it is barely noticeable even if it is legendary imho. I mean yes you can see it if you look specifically at the character, but in comparison to other races it is just minimal

I think warrior is not in a good place now in pvp. Only spell breaker is being used kind of as a due list, but as mentioned above many classes, as Condi Mesmer can outplay them with ease

Spellbreaker has some potential as sidenode 1v1 spec, but sadly loses every match-up against Prot Holos, Sidenode Rangers and Mirages. If the 3 specs would get nerfed, Warrior would instantly be meta again, since it could fulfill an inportant role