Item List that should be added to the Skirmish Ticket Vendor.

DanAlcedo.3281

Currently, if you dont want Legendary gear, Skirmish Tickets a practically worthless.

Lets give WvW Players with tens of thousands of Tickets something worth buying.

• Gift of Exploration 
  • Chest of Raider's Weapons and Armor *
  • Magic-Warped Bundle
  • Magic-Warped Packet
  • Tribute to ______ (Legendary Token) 
  • ____ Shipments (Wood, Metal etc)   
  • Provisioner Token

* The Ascended Gear from the Skirmish Vendor has been extremly overpriced from the very start.

It should be a lower price then crafting if i use a extra currency.

The 250 Memories of Battle alone are more gold then a Ascended piece of gear costs to craft.

A price range of ~ 10-15g + Tickets per Ascended Piece should be fine.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Though I don't personally care for rewards, I've obviously nothing against it being a part of WvW. Something that has always made me think though is how ANet seems to be so cautious about adding valuable and easy to obtain loot/gear. Reward tracks give a moderate amount, but very little compared to a single meta train in PvE. And I think about it like, are they concerned that it is/could be "too easy/low effort" to get high rewards? Or is it that they think WvW players want a carrot to chase?

If the former, then why can you get so much more so much faster in various areas of PvE, often times with lower effort? Like, if they're worried about ktrains making it too easy to gear up or something then that same limitation should be everywhere else, not just WvW.

Not entirely the point of the thread, just something I think about sometimes.  

i have zero use to most of this stuff. please no more shipments of wood metal etc... i just have to find other ways to craft with them to sell them yet, bc their pricing is overall just not good, outside of leather.

same with magic wrapped stuff. u get it anyways by regular participation and reward tracks.... dont need extra vendor to give me the same crap again. best it does might be to inflatuate the price of the ascended sellable mats, i guess

no clue what gift of exploration even is... also sth for legendary crafting, not?

@DanAlcedo.3281 same way with provisioner token... stuff says me nothing really.

plus, what u mean with the chest of raiders gear?

what u are correct with tho, most of the skirmish vendor stuff is too expensive in a bad way. like the "Mist Lord"-series gear - it's just having like three skins that i even think that they look nice (hammer, shield for example) but it is SO big time not worth the price. most skins are non-shiny and pretty basic optics of them, yet they cost kinda same like mistforged stuff.

and skirmish tickets are not my main issue with having an overflow for. i got yet two full mistforged ascended sets, atm around 2200 skirmish claim tickets left only - bc it takes longer to collect the 750 memories of battle than the claimtickets every time 😛

in opposition, i have 30.000 badges of honor. there's nothing at all that u can throw many out of these.

also, even on my two weeks old account i have yet 70 emblems of the avenger... imagine having sth to spend THAT stuff on outside a unspectacular legendary ring (where everything else needed for it "costs" more than the avenger emblem afaik)

@Shroud.2307 in the end, MMOs are also about farm and prestige... the only special shiny stuff u have are the mistforged things in Wvw and the basically free-gear and levels/heropoints for new characters.

some people care more, others less. those who dont care at all are mostly year long players, roleplayers or just not interested in stuff alike in a non-materialistic way. (like all the "meta doesn't matter, i run whatever i want" people on their rampager arrowcart rangers etc)

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i have zero use to most of this stuff. please no more shipments of wood metal etc... i just have to find other ways to craft with them to sell them yet, bc their pricing is overall just not good, outside of leather.

same with magic wrapped stuff. u get it anyways by regular participation and reward tracks.... dont need extra vendor to give me the same crap again. best it does might be to inflatuate the price of the ascended sellable mats, i guess

no clue what gift of exploration even is... also sth for legendary crafting, not?

@DanAlcedo.3281 same way with provisioner token... stuff says me nothing really.

what u are correct with tho, most of the skirmish vendor stuff is too expensive in a bad way. like the "Mist Lord"-series gear - it's just having like three skins that i even think that they look nice (hammer, shield for example) but it is SO big time not worth the price. most skins are non-shiny and pretty basic optics of them, yet they cost kinda same like mistforged stuff.

and skirmish tickets are not my main issue with having an overflow for. i got yet two full mistforged ascended sets, atm around 2200 skirmish claim tickets left only - bc it takes longer to collect the 750 memories of battle than the claimtickets every time 😛

in opposition, i have 30.000 badges of honor. there's nothing at all that u can throw many out of these.

also, even on my two weeks old account i have yet 70 emblems of the avenger... imagine having sth to spend THAT stuff on outside a unspectacular legendary ring (where everything else needed for it "costs" more than the avenger emblem afaik)

@Shroud.2307 in the end, MMOs are also about farm and prestige... the only special shiny stuff u have are the mistforged things in Wvw and the basically free-gear and levels/heropoints for new characters.

some people care more, others less. those who dont care at all are mostly year long players, roleplayers or just not interested in stuff alike in a non-materialistic way. (like all the "meta doesn't matter, i run whatever i want" people on their rampager arrowcart rangers etc)

The Skirmish Tickets got intruduced in June 2017.

This means WvW Players could have over 76k of them without any use.

And i forgot about the useless Emblems. Just let us vendor them for like 1-2g each.

2 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

GoE is used in Gen 1 legendary crafting. It is gained by world completion of Core Tyria (AKA Core game PvE). He is suggesting a means to acquire it without having to do that. It would be like if GoB were available for 500g from some vendor in LA.

2 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

What we need are WvW 'currency' conversion.

We need MOB <-> Skirmish Tickets

Emblem of X -> MOB

Emblem of Y -> Skirmish Tickets

BOH -> MOB

BOH -> Skirmish Tickets

NOTE: I put a two way arrow there for Memories and Skirmish Tickets. Some people may need more of one than the other, But the others I think should be one way conversions. If Emblems can be exchanged for Memories of Battle, then they gain a second hand gold cost. I am not suggesting a 1 for 1 on all of these btw. The MOB to ticket should be 1-to-1 but the emblems should be 1->100 and Badges should be 1 for 1 (maybe, not sure on that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Skirmish Tickets got intruduced in June 2017.

This means WvW Players could have over 76k of them without any use.

And i forgot about the useless Emblems. Just let us vendor them for like 1-2g each.

1-2 gold each would be pretty dope, i have over over three stacks lying around xD and i play since jan 2019... bought most of my trinkets also with the MoB so yeah, only once in my life sold a stack of them, and i shouldn't. was before i started to go for mistforged armors.

would be pretty nice to get this.

and you know, not everyone plays same time every week. or even plays every week. similar with ultimate dominator title these days. the highest kills per week in Wvw EU are just a bit over 4000, that's like 10 people. and you'd need 2600 kills per week to get the title (250 000 kills), means every single week, in two years these days.

that's why also a hypothetical amount of skirmish claim tickets is kinda off the bill. what i see from my alt and is true, u get the claim tickets kinda faster than every other wvw currency, early on. bc their only requirement is participation lel. and they alone aren't usable for a lot of things.

but we should not encourge anet to restrict them. and idk if u'd want newbies invest them in mat packages... might regret that later when they realize  they need them to make a lot of other stuff :9

48 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is your opinion.

That is correct, well spotted! I guess the fact that I posted it without attributing it to anyone else was a big clue.

If you want everything specific to WvW to be purchasable with just plain gold, you could've just said that and not bother with that whole conversion table.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Good luck on getting gift of exploration for skirmish tickets.

• Gift of Exploration 
  • Chest of Raider's Weapons and Armor *  <-- just reduce Mist Lord / Mistforged weapons cost in memories of battle if that's the problem, don't reinvent the wheel
  • Magic-Warped Bundle <-- would need to be quite many of them to be worth it , average value is about 1g https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Bundle/research
  • Magic-Warped Packet <-- if you want this just have a clover conversion , see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Packet/research
  • Tribute to ______ (Legendary Token) <--- if you have a volatile or unbound glyph on gathering tool this is worthless more or less
  • ____ Shipments (Wood, Metal etc)   <-- they're in reward tracks already
  • Provisioner Token <-- just buy them for obsidian shards daily?

Before any of this the grandmaster mark shards need to be replaced with the mark box, otherwise mist lord/mistforged weapons cost much more than at their inception.

P.S. With legendary armory out supposedly next month I would say a sink for emblems and legendary spikes (these have vendor value) is a better idea. Even if a legendary accessory was added for WvW there's not a real sink for emblems.

Edited by Infusion.7149

38 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

That is correct, well spotted! I guess the fact that I posted it without attributing it to anyone else was a big clue.

If you want everything specific to WvW to be purchasable with just plain gold, you could've just said that and not bother with that whole conversion table.

Well, that wasn't the intent at all so your commentary is moot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Currently, if you dont want Legendary gear, Skirmish Tickets a practically worthless.

Lets give WvW Players with tens of thousands of Tickets something worth buying.

• Gift of Exploration 
  • Chest of Raider's Weapons and Armor *
  • Magic-Warped Bundle
  • Magic-Warped Packet
  • Tribute to ______ (Legendary Token) 
  • ____ Shipments (Wood, Metal etc)   
  • Provisioner Token

* The Ascended Gear from the Skirmish Vendor has been extremly overpriced from the very start.

It should be a lower price then crafting if i use a extra currency.

The 250 Memories of Battle alone are more gold then a Ascended piece of gear costs to craft.

A price range of ~ 10-15g + Tickets per Ascended Piece should be fine.

LOL it will never happen! NEVER! It's easier to wish for flying pigs!

43 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

If it wasn't your intent, then you made a mistake and apparently it needed pointing out. So, not a moot remark at all.

The thing you are missing is that it is fully possible to suggest a means to convert MOBs into other tokens, even with MOBs being tradeable on the TP, without the explicit intent on applying a gold conversion to them and thus no mistake has been made. It simply means the second hand gold conversion had no bearing on the matter and was considered inconsequential.

You however seem to explicitly not want MOBs to be convertible since they can be bought off of the TP, which is you opinion and you are free to have that opinion and I am 100% free to disagree with it.

Though if they were made convertible into Skirmish Tickets and vice versa, and other items like the Emblems and BOHs were convertible into MOBs, you would see their price plummet.

Lack of availability of MOBs, is one common gripe amongst WvW players that haven't hoarded for 8 years.

Another is the lack of a means to offload Emblems.

WvW players want more gold/tangible rewards, but any passive means of doing so gets complaints about how it would increase AFKers and any active means of doing so gets complaints about how it would increase Ktraining. Neither camp will be happy with ANY solution that is implemented.

So, screw it.

The Mists can burn.

Increase rewards. Put in a currency/Emblem converter merchant. Put in a Emblem -> gold conversion as well as a means to keep the meager WvW economy from crashing (🙄)

• Thanks 1

I honestly don't get people spazzing over having too much currency.

Currency for this game is there to buy specific items. If you have all the items then congratulations you don't need to worry about the currency anymore and can move on with your life.

If anet is going to add anything to buy you can bet they will add new currency for them, just like they have time and time again with every single living story episode. Why? because they don't want people buying out stuff on day one with stock piled currency, this is why they moved away from karma and badges so fast after release, why we have two separate heroic currencies, why we'll have another heroic currency with the new expansion. They'll add items but they ain't giving it to you for "free".

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I honestly don't get people spazzing over having too much currency.

Currency for this game is there to buy specific items. If you have all the items then congratulations you don't need to worry about the currency anymore and can move on with your life.

If anet is going to add anything to buy you can bet they will add new currency for them, just like they have time and time again with every single living story episode. Why? because they don't want people buying out stuff on day one with stock piled currency, this is why they moved away from karma and badges so fast after release, why we have two separate heroic currencies, why we'll have another heroic currency with the new expansion. They'll add items but they ain't giving it to you for "free".

But every other currency can be turned into gold in some way or form.

Except Skirmish Tickets.  They are literally useless after some point.

Add the fact that what teh vendor offers (except leg stuff) is a complete joke for 4 years now.

9 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But every other currency can be turned into gold in some way or form.

Except Skirmish Tickets.  They are literally useless after some point.

Add the fact that what teh vendor offers (except leg stuff) is a complete joke for 4 years now.

Here you go just like the testimony of heroics, enjoy.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Siege_Blueprint_Case

Also you really think they would let you buy gift of exploration for tickets when pve'ers don't even get to buy their gift of battle now?

Tickets have one of the biggest list of items to buy, with the top gear of every single piece of ascended you could need.

If you have everything you need then again congratulations, the rest is for a rainy day.

5 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Here you go just like the testimony of heroics, enjoy.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Siege_Blueprint_Case

Also you really think they would let you buy gift of exploration for tickets when pve'ers don't even get to buy their gift of battle now?

Tickets have one of the biggest list of items to buy, with the top gear of every single piece of ascended you could need.

If you have everything you need then again congratulations, the rest is for a rainy day.

10 Tickets and ~ 67s  for the chance of 56s at max.

"Tickets have one of the biggest list of items to buy"  Yes but 98% of them are trash.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

36 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

10 Tickets and ~ 67s  for the chance of 56s at max.

"Tickets have one of the biggest list of items to buy"  Yes but 98% of them are trash.

🙄

I'm interested to know what falls under the 2% not trash for you on that list.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The thing you are missing is that it is fully possible to suggest a means to convert MOBs into other tokens, even with MOBs being tradeable on the TP, without the explicit intent on applying a gold conversion to them and thus no mistake has been made. It simply means the second hand gold conversion had no bearing on the matter and was considered inconsequential.

You however seem to explicitly not want MOBs to be convertible since they can be bought off of the TP, which is you opinion and you are free to have that opinion and I am 100% free to disagree with it.

If anything here is inconsequential, it's intent. Intent doesn't matter at all. Only consequences do.

And anyway, this whole thread kicks off from the simple fact that WvW reward structures are really terrible with all its currencies that lose their usefulness quickly or hardly have any use at all. That's what needs improvement and nothing else.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958

I think having to do map comp is understandable for Gift of Exploration. But I thought a neat idea would be to have Shards of Exploration or something in the 6 core reward tracks. Each track is about 8h minus daily pots. 48hs in WvW passively earning Gift of Exploration seems reasonable to me since core map comp can be done in ~12h.