Feedback about dragonstorm loot

titje.2745

9 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i got 3 frostsaws, one on the first time completing the chapter,, i think was a granted drop for first time completing history, no? 

Maybe you mean the Flamesaws (exotic), which are from the "Ryland Steelcatcher's Footsteps"-Achievment. The Frostsaw (ascended) is a RNG-drop from Dragonstorm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Maybe you mean the Flamesaws (exotic), which are from the "Ryland Steelcatcher's Footsteps"-Achievment. The Frostsaw (ascended) is a RNG-drop from Dragonstorm.

is the frost one the ascendend. its made me end up with many Asc. GS on a mule alt.

i suspect the loot % rng was more higher on first months and they "fixed" later, because i still do that event regularly, but is perhaps 6 months+ its didnt droped more.

12 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

is the frost one the ascendend. its made me end up with many Asc. GS on a mule alt.

i suspect the loot % rng was more higher on first months and they "fixed" later, because i still do that event regularly, but is perhaps 6 months+ its didnt droped more.

The Frostsaw is the ascended one, yes. Don't know, if the RNG has changed, my alt acc got it on the first day, my main still hasn't got it despite doing it for weeks.

Ok, getting Frostsaws can be a pain. I been trying almost every day since release and have to get one. 6 gift of aurenes later and numerous volcanic weapons. I love these skins, but still pining for this Frostsaw skin. That’s the only one I ever really wanted!! Why does it take this long? Can I obtain it with seals please??

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Ok, getting Frostsaws can be a pain. I been trying almost every day since release and have to get one. 6 gift of aurenes later and numerous volcanic weapons. I love these skins, but still pining for this Frostsaw skin. That’s the only one I ever really wanted!! Why does it take this long? Can I obtain it with seals please??

Would you still be doing the meta if you had gotten it months ago?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Ugh jealous, I’ve gotten multiple frostsaws but not a single gift of Aurene from DS, and only ever the guaranteed one from DF… 😞

the more time goes on, yeah, the more I am in favor of letting some of these things be buyable with seals. Maybe even one-time account purchase, then the rest RNG? Idk. I just am really itching for a second eye…

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know I think the frostsaw drop is actually bugged.

I have been doing dragonstorm for at least 100 times, probably around 150 times, on 2 accounts, and both haven't gotten the frostsaw drop.

I recall there was some kind of issue with the loot when dragonstorm released. There's also this mechanic where you need the mastery to get different loot (infusions) from the chest. 

Maybe we can get someone at anet to quickly take a look at it, to see if anything is wrong? I feel like it's impossible to get the skin because I've done it so many times now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Considering people still do various other metas in the game daily, including Dragonstorm, means that they’ll do it for quite a while. 

Absolutely, but "rare drop keeps people playing" is a careful balancing act. Too rare, and people steadily find other shinies to chase.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mystical.4586 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know I think the frostsaw drop is actually bugged.

I have been doing dragonstorm for at least 100 times, probably around 150 times, on 2 accounts, and both haven't gotten the frostsaw drop.

I recall there was some kind of issue with the loot when dragonstorm released. There's also this mechanic where you need the mastery to get different loot (infusions) from the chest. 

Maybe we can get someone at anet to quickly take a look at it, to see if anything is wrong? I feel like it's impossible to get the skin because I've done it so many times now.

Not bugged for me got it 5 times on main and once on alt.

29 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

True but how rare do you think that eye infusion is?

Considering I havent seen anyone link an eye once and done it atleast 1 time daily 90% of days since release pretty darn rare.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Not bugged for me got it 5 times on main and once on alt.

Considering I havent seen anyone link an eye once and done it atleast 1 time daily 90% of days since release pretty darn rare.

This is exactly the reason why I think it's actually bugged (for some accounts). Most of my guildies have the same result; either 0 frostsaws or a lot of them. Let's hope they implement some fix for tonight's patch.

Also, I got an eye once on the alt account, so it's rare but it dropped (few months ago)

On 10/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:

Yep... end of october, not a single thing changed in Dragonstorm, not the rewards, not the bugs. Loot is still horrible for a 30+min event.

And most likely nothing will ever change, after all it's "old" content.

They haven't even done anything about making the Twisted Marionette event more visible and/or adding more attractive loot. One has to wonder...

P.S. 30+ mins for a Dragonstorm meta run is a bit exaggerated. 😉 Say 20+.

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They haven't even done anything about making the Twisted Marionette event more visible and/or adding more attractive loot. One has to wonder...

P.S. 30+ mins for a Dragonstorm meta run is a bit exaggerated. 😉 Say 20+.

Well depends on how many are in instance and how many are half afk.

It can take up to 40+ mins if your unlucky.

• Like 1

(dec 3) Its bugged u cant tell me after 240 tries the droprate is not bugged.
i commanded i was active and still nothing.
how can it be i made leggy armor, the legy ring(WvW), got the legy amulet but in the same time still not a ascended drop 

Dec 10 Got my Saw today. i use different characters. so maybe it help or stil RNG

Edited by Appelflap.5017
got it

28 minutes ago, Appelflap.5017 said:

Its bugged u cant tell me after 240 tries the droprate is not bugged.
i commanded i was active and still nothing.
how can it be i made leggy armor, the legy ring(WvW), got the legy amulet but in the same time still not a ascended drop 

Because those are not tied to RNG?  It having a low drop rate doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s bugged. 

Edited by mythical.6315

Back then we had the ascended antique weapons, and a special variant of that could only drop from Tequatl. Same for the first ascended armor, a special variant could only drop from triple trouble. Most people never dropped either.

This time, a special ascended variant of the flamesaw weapons can only drop from dragonstorm. 

I think a guaranteed drop after X tries is a good system (as with Aurene's gift), but I'm just saying, the drop chance for the frostsaw is not an outlier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deatine.2498 said:

Back then we had the ascended antique weapons, and a special variant of that could only drop from Tequatl. Same for the first ascended armor, a special variant could only drop from triple trouble. Most people never dropped either.

This time, a special ascended variant of the flamesaw weapons can only drop from dragonstorm. 

I think a guaranteed drop after X tries is a good system (as with Aurene's gift), but I'm just saying, the drop chance for the frostsaw is not an outlier.

It is only 1 auene's gift after 1000 open chests then other 15 are rng.