ty so much for no downstate week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just like to give a big shout out for the no downstate week ty so much!!!!!  we did report some hackers at the end of the week due to some pain guild exploiters hacking into south east tower, they basically jump through the gate. i don't normally complain about a lil fun but they did it close to 10 times while i was logged in and were portaling people in and doing everything beside corpse jumping the legit players trying to counter them.  that being said they need a good slap on the hands and plz keep the good kitten coming with the no downstate anet, i still belive that should be a full impliment on pvp modes, but i realize the contraversy, but you have a bigger fan base on this side of that debate then you know we just don't have as much time to post we are busy killing things in your epic game. ty have a nice day!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

oh and just fyi also why are the facking q's so small now it didn't fix any issues unless you had a box that was crap to start with, go back upto 70 or 80 w/e it was, nobody can play reset night and then it's all open when peeps goto work during the week which means nobody is one, lets look at that plz.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It was a fun week as always. Doesn't mean though we still shouldn't be discussing changes to downstate in some form or another. One can always hope they draw metrics from these weeks for future change considerations. To those that enjoyed, was good hunting. To those that took a break because they dislike, welcome back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank god no downstate week is over. Now I can finally be sh*t at the game again, lay on the ground, get rallied by others doing my job and run rezzbot specs that can solely carry certain groups even when they outnumber enemies. 

Enjoyable week as always, watching ppl struggle hiding in bigger groups and still failing 😗

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Black Storm.6974 said:

I hope these downed state weeks will never come back, no downed state breaks the immersion so much, and the game is not balanced around no downed state

Res skills and traits are literally the only thing DS is balanced around, and those skills and traits aren’t even balanced, way too strong. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I enjoyed my week off from wvw. Hopefully all the elitist players just doing body counts will go back to playing fortnite and I can get back to enjoying wvw as its meant to be played.

Why don’t you just play some mobile clicker game if all you want is ez mode dopamine getting carried by a bad and unbalanced mechanic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Baldrick.8967 said:

Until they don't combine it with double exp, etc, what useful metrics can you draw from it?

Time to kill, number of fights, fight ratios, expected fight outcomes versus actual, downstate effectiveness....that just a few that come to min in 30 seconds. Granted this makes assumptions on the data that they capture.

This isn't just about number of players but how it impacts game activity. As a Havoc/Roamer I am more opt to have my group to fight till they die if we know we can take some with us or significantly slow down a larger force if it means our side gets more time to get in place and win the final fight. Personally I think no downstate week draws more fights and draws more people to return to the fight where as they might consider it a lost cause and not come back to a fight. Again a side that is left with members standing can just bring their people back right where they are where as the other side has to run back. To me that translate as the losing side has a double price to pay. Death penalty should be the same on both sides. You die, you run back. Rez your ally whiled downed else they should have to come all the way back to the fight. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

Why don’t you just play some mobile clicker game if all you want is ez mode dopamine getting carried by a bad and unbalanced mechanic?

I am sorry you have to once again do more than push 3 buttons to put someone in downed state from 2k range just to watch their friend revive them while you furiously try to pewpew them losing your momentary power buffs. Feels bad man. Stay safe in that tower.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I am sorry you have to once again do more than push 3 buttons to put someone in downed state from 2k range just to watch their friend revive them while you furiously try to pewpew them losing your momentary power buffs. Feels bad man. Stay safe in that tower.

Nice projection.

Edited by bigo.9037
Typo

19 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

Res skills and traits are literally the only thing DS is balanced around, and those skills and traits aren’t even balanced, way too strong. 

Almost everything is balanced taking into account the existence of downed state. No downed state mainly serves to fill the ego of people who takes advantage of a game not balanced around no downed state so they can more easily kill opponents and feel proud.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Black Storm.6974 said:

Almost everything is balanced taking into account the existence of downed state. No downed state mainly serves to fill the ego of people who takes advantage of a game not balanced around no downed state so they can more easily kill opponents and feel proud.

So by this logic ranger should be weak class cus their DS is one of the best? Makes sense? Or are you just making things up now??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

So by this logic ranger should be weak class cus their DS is one of the best? Makes sense? Or are you just making things up now??

Do you even realise you are playing a MMORPG and not a one vs one fighting game? Balance is not as simple as in your reply, what you wrote alone means almost nothing balance wise, it is just a very small part of a complex puzzle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Black Storm.6974 said:

Do you even realise you are playing a MMORPG and not a one vs one fighting game? Balance is not as simple as in your reply, what you wrote alone means almost nothing balance wise, it is just a very small part of a complex puzzle.

Yes, and I don’t believe anet currently balances anything based on DS, maybe back in 2012 but certainly not since hot or even earlier. It just doesn’t change anything other than res skills and traits, which need a nerf. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You just told everyone how to hack into the tower

On 6/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, Ms Necronymph.1094 said:

just like to give a big shout out for the no downstate week ty so much!!!!!  we did report some hackers at the end of the week due to some pain guild exploiters hacking into south east tower, they basically jump through the gate. i don't normally complain about a lil fun but they did it close to 10 times while i was logged in and were portaling people in and doing everything beside corpse jumping the legit players trying to counter them.  that being said they need a good slap on the hands and plz keep the good kitten coming with the no downstate anet, i still belive that should be a full impliment on pvp modes, but i realize the contraversy, but you have a bigger fan base on this side of that debate then you know we just don't have as much time to post we are busy killing things in your epic game. ty have a nice day!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

Yes, and I don’t believe anet currently balances anything based on DS, maybe back in 2012 but certainly not since hot or even earlier. It just doesn’t change anything other than res skills and traits, which need a nerf. 

Without their scrapper/fb holding their hands....90% of them wouldn't last 10s...

• Like 1