Pet Battles!

This game really needs it, just think about it gw1 had polymock (pet battles) and gw2 has something like 500+ minis in the game already. Why not add a game system where players could battle pokemon style for ap points and rewards, i think it would be very fun.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I just spoke with the resource manager of the company and said it's none of your business. 

jk ofc I didn't.

ESO's latest expansion's introduced a really nice companion system.  If we ever have something similarly nice like that in the future,

I'm up for it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

This game really needs it, just think about it gw1 had polymock (pet battles) and gw2 has something like 500+ minis in the game already. Why not add a game system where players could battle pokemon style for ap points and rewards, i think it would be very fun.

No, the game does not really need it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

You know, kinda ironic, there are Developpers mock up showing planned gw2 UI and you have miniatures having stats like they could battle between them a shame they never added it in game. Another thing they could introduce with EoD expansion.

https://www.nickwiley.com/guildwars2 "Minipet management". Another thing to notes and it is a shame that it isn't added in game: Creature Codecies. You can see them on the page as well. Readable books giving lores and infos about commons creatures you encounter around.

So to answer OP, I would like Anet to spend ressources on it. Seeing they can't spend correctely their ressources on living world.

Shortcut to image: https://imgur.com/7DjZ8yR

It doesn't require massive coding. You add an octogonal arena 3D asset, add an Npc to start the activity, it transforms you into your chosen miniature like costume brawl; both transformed players fight each others with the transformation skills they have. You have like three round and each time you use a different miniature of your deck, it is random. So no 100% win minis, require strategy too. You flush in it achievements like dailies, use 15 different minis, win X games, use your special skill y time...

Edited by hugo.4705

30 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Hi, I just spoke with the resource manager of the company and said it's none of your business. 

jk ofc I didn't.

Of course it's not. I'm not working there nor am I a shareholder of any of the involved companies. But if you ask me, in a world where resources are limited, should ANet 1)introduce a new minigame, a new system, a new mechanic or 2) improve on existing feautures, I'd go for the latter. GW2 already has a lot of systems, minigames, activities, generally "things to do". I've been playing since launch, amassed over 40k AP, crafted many a legendary and did pretty stupid and minboggling things to get there and I still find things to do. Given, not as much as six years ago, but that's just natural as I, and many others I guess, clear content faster than it is released(which I'm not critizising, I'm very well aware that I am not part of the majority of players on this one). So, does this game NEED an autoplay minigame for minis? Hard no. There are other games out there that scratch that itch, so it's not like "if GW2 doesn't do it, who will?" And the game we are talking about, GW2, already has so much to do, that even the devs seem to keep having problems keeping up, so why bog it down with yet another system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

yeah it does need it it would be a fun activity to do.

It's fun TO YOU the way YOU imagine it to be.

Which says nothing about how it would be implemented by ANet, how much fun your imagination of this dead horse request would be to others or how much revenue could be gained for the company.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, lokh.2695 said:

Of course it's not. I'm not working there nor am I a shareholder of any of the involved companies. But if you ask me, in a world where resources are limited, should ANet

1)introduce a new minigame, a new system, a new mechanic or

2) improve on existing feautures, I'd go for the latter. GW2 already has a lot of systems, minigames, activities, generally "things to do". I've been playing since launch, amassed over 40k AP, crafted many a legendary and did pretty stupid and minboggling things to get there and I still find things to do. Given, not as much as six years ago, but that's just natural as I, and many others I guess, clear content faster than it is released(which I'm not critizising, I'm very well aware that I am not part of the majority of players on this one). So, does this game NEED an autoplay minigame for minis? Hard no. There are other games out there that scratch that itch, so it's not like "if GW2 doesn't do it, who will?" And the game we are talking about, GW2, already has so much to do, that even the devs seem to keep having problems keeping up, so why bog it down with yet another system.

I agree with most of the things you say. I'll be honest, I really really don't care about their limited resources. According to Google Kim taek-jin the ceo of ncsoft's net worth is 2.6 billion US dollars. Sorry I will never ever give 2 beeps abot their "limited" resources as long as they limit their resources to make one guy stupid rich.

Edited by artharon.9276

We have plenty of such mini games in the game and even when there is an event or daily people rarely play them. 

The only addition of battles I support are duels and open world pvp. Why add a silly mini pvp game when we don't even have the basic mmorpg pvp modes.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cuks.8241 said:

We have plenty of such mini games in the game and even when there is an event or daily people rarely play them. 

The only addition of battles I support are duels and open world pvp. Why add a silly mini pvp game when we don't even have the basic mmorpg pvp modes.

Nice derail to sneak in another request that has been overwhelmingly dismissed .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does GW2 really NEED "Pokemon" pet battles?  No.  Would it be fun to HAVE?  Depends on the individual player of any game really.  I've played other games that had (mini) Pet Battles (mostly WoW) and just couldn't really get with it.  To me it just seemed frivolous, gimmicky and downright silly.  Thankfully though, they weren't required for gameplay so I was just able to ignore it and collect the pets as just...fluff items to follow me around as company on my solo journeys.  Either way, if Dev's want to spend the resources on it to put it in the game, go for it...I don't care either way as long as it remains something that I'm not required to do.  If other players enjoy it, have at it, as for me...I'll continue to collect the pets as vanity pieces.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

I'd rather have ANet spend resources on something nothing else.

FIFY.

Personally, I think it would be neat if Anet focused on something other than combat. Polymock could be a good start. Feels like all we've gotten for awhile is bosses, story and zerg trains...

32 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

FIFY.

Personally, I think it would be neat if Anet focused on something other than combat. Polymock could be a good start. Feels like all we've gotten for awhile is bosses, story and zerg trains...

I got good news for you. If you want a game that does nothing else but pet battles there's a vast array of pokemon games dating 20ish years back. Just think about all the pet battles you could have playing all these games, while I'm here having fun playing GW2.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

You know, kinda ironic, there are Developpers mock up showing planned gw2 UI and you have miniatures having stats like they could battle between them a shame they never added it in game. Another thing they could introduce with EoD expansion.

https://www.nickwiley.com/guildwars2 "Minipet management". Another thing to notes and it is a shame that it isn't added in game: Creature Codecies. You can see them on the page as well. Readable books giving lores and infos about commons creatures you encounter around.

So to answer OP, I would like Anet to spend ressources on it. Seeing they can't spend correctely their ressources on living world.

Shortcut to image: https://imgur.com/7DjZ8yR

It doesn't require massive coding. You add an octogonal arena 3D asset, add an Npc to start the activity, it transforms you into your chosen miniature like costume brawl; both transformed players fight each others with the transformation skills they have. You have like three round and each time you use a different miniature of your deck, it is random. So no 100% win minis, require strategy too. You flush in it achievements like dailies, use 15 different minis, win X games, use your special skill y time...

Im not saying they shold copy  polymock 100% its better if it can be engaged in pet battles in open world and not just in a polymock arena , if they just copy pokemon it would be great.

21 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

I got good news for you. If you want a game that does nothing else but pet battles there's a vast array of pokemon games dating 20ish years back. Just think about all the pet battles you could have playing all these games, while I'm here having fun playing GW2.

you are getting quite perturbed from the idea of pet battles.

1 minute ago, lokh.2695 said:

Good argument for your cause, you know, that feature that the game really needs...

You had no arguments from the start if i quote your posts from here, you just said i dont like it and you come off very rude.

i already blocked you ingame only wish i could do it on the forums.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126