Expansion ever coming out?

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

agreed, 0 info, as they only start to working on the moment it is revealed, so basically, nothing is made

funny how they had to reveal something before anything is done and give out precursors and legendary amulet, so they can keep the players.

normally studios start making the expansion and then reveal it with some info, but nah

if you think some concept art here and there which i can count with my fingers is info, you are a sheep

They did clearly announce earlier than would've typically been expected, but honestly, if they hadn't announced the expansion early, it would've been a PR nightmare for them. The end of Icebrood had people angry enough as it is; if it hadn't been clear that it was because they had pulled most of the Living World team to work on an expansion, people would've really lost their **** over it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:08 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

It's great that you want to argue about the semantics someone already pointed out in this thread before, but the information about "preview of the upcomming expansion" IS an information about the expansion actually comming out. Re-read the OP and notice how the main point (as well as the question in the title of the thread) is doubt about the expansion comming out at all. Considering the context of this thread, this IS an information about the upcomming expansion that DOES show it comes out, which makes the doubt/question posed by OP unreasonable.

Yes and I was reiterating on that.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not exactly true, either.  There have been some concept art pieces released since the announcement. 

Yes, but that is concept art. Note *Concept* and *art*. There still has been nothing shown of what the expansion actually has in it, which is what I was referencing when saying *contents*.

Look I realize I'm historically critical towards things GW2 and ANet related, but have we really gotten to the point where the "ever optimistic" are going to consider concept art as a part of a games actual playable content *just* so they can be contrary? Granted I guess it makes sense...ANet does *seem* to consider gem store cosmetic releases as "content updates".

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Yes and I was reiterating on that.

Yes, but that is concept art. Note *Concept* and *art*. There still has been nothing shown of what the expansion actually has in it, which is what I was referencing when saying *contents*.

Look I realize I'm historically critical towards things GW2 and ANet related, but have we really gotten to the point where the "ever optimistic" are going to consider concept art as a part of a games actual playable content *just* so they can be contrary? Granted I guess it makes sense...ANet does *seem* to consider gem store cosmetic releases as "content updates".

Concept art or not...that's still an update about EoD, he asked for updates about EoD, not what's in EoD.

• Like 1

Players worry for no reason, I think.

After LS2 and before HoT, there was a content drought (not even updates) for almost an entire year, and although PoF was announced and released immediately after LS3, it concluded in late summer, while IBS ended much earlier in the year due to being rushed.

IBS was supposed to run as long as LS2-3-4 but was partly cancelled.

The expansion is likely on schedule for the usual fall preview-beta-release we got for the other expansions, thereabouts.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 6/29/2021 at 3:45 AM, radda.8920 said:

No, even with a week's break between each season, that brings us back to early December at the most.

This will still count in 2021 as announced by arena

They don't release anything that has a potential to contain bugs in it in December, because the whole studio goes on winter holidays in that time (and they mostly come back only after new year). So, an already-tested wintersday event is okay, but anything new is generally getting delayed until January.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They don't release anything that has a potential to contain bugs in it in December, because the whole studio goes on winter holidays in that time (and they mostly come back only after new year). So, an already-tested wintersday event is okay, but anything new is generally getting delayed until January.

yes so I think the extension will arrive at the end of November to have more time

Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons

As expansion development has progressed and the real-world challenges of the past year and a half have changed the way we live and work, it’s become clear that we need a little more time to deliver our creative vision for Cantha. As a result, we’re delaying the release of Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons from late 2021 to early 2022.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-july-2021/?fbclid=IwAR0gEZdZ6EnlaL1heY6a94pUSy7RnrHmz_PyiyFBbs2I1JyvCgz35t-LYeA

• ArenaNet Staff

It's been really difficult not to jump into this thread this week, and it made me impatient for today! I want to point you to the last section of today's post, mentioning the July 27 livestream: "new trailer, feature reveals and information, news about elite specialization beta events, and details about the story, characters, art, event design, and more."

It's only 25 days away and it will be worth the wait, I promise. We'll also have some things between now and then to help tide you over, so hang in there with us a bit longer!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2