Is this the new Mesmer Elite Spec? ( From the Studio Update)

DanAlcedo.3281

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Shurkien

Shiro

Ken

oh

my

god

yea, i'm not taking blame for this one; that's totally on you 

you typo'd Shiro'Ken as shurkien, which i assumed was a typo for shuriken 

you also added master for absolutely no reason

there are no Shiro'Ken "masters"

this literally looked like you were just asking for some naruto "shuriken master" throwing "ninja stars" everywhere or something, i don't even know 

this basically negates my entire comment earlier, so, i'll avoid some of the things you mentioned related to it, because they are now irrelevant, knowing what you meant 

this one, yea, might actually be a possibility 

however

the Shiro'Ken were specifically related to Shiro Tagachi, himself 

it's a bit unlikely due to Revenants getting Shiro as a traitline to begin with 

it'd be honestly really lazy to do it again

but, still possible, yes, as that one could fit, and actually fits the image, too, i hadn't even remembered or thought of that at all

Illusionary Weaponry seems more plausible than another traitline dedicated to Shiro, however

its that every build mesmer EVER Gets will be a huskl of a Support

i get what you're saying, but that's not how you fix a problem

the issue is if the devs accept where chrono is, because of how strong it actually is in its pigeonholed state, then they have no reason to change it

and yes, chrono is strong where it's strong

so that's their design decision 

even if we disagree with it 

but personally, yes, again, i don't disagree it should be changed, but the problem is, since we have the other options already, we don't need more of the same option, we need more variety 

and "but they're gonna ruin it" just isn't a good enough argument 

it should still be imbedded into their heads that they need to make good decisions

not just accept they're going to be bad at balancing the game 

We have NOTHING to compete for a Support slot with them. to give us a Running chance at this at this point

this is completely wrong, Mantras exist, they just need to be updated with accompanying traits to be stronger

Mantra of Pain is absolutely abysmal in its current form, it's a 10s cooldown no damage maybe 10 vuln with burst healing when traited

other mantras are okayish 

Recovery should affect allies, like every other mantra does

if Mantra of Pain was on anywhere between 1-3s cooldown, that 2.5k heal from the trait could match scrapper healing numbers 

the problem then is utility varying between the healers, which is a separate topic

the biggest issue here is mantras being nothing but shouts now 

scrapper has such high healing because it's all they can do

but now that mantras are shouts, mesmers would do everything else at the same time 

there's a give an take that they need to work around here, but they just refuse to do it 

there's a lot of moving parts that they just don't seem to care about working around 

but realistically, the tools are there

they just need to be adjusted 

Because we dont want anothjer 5 years of "chrono jail" because our new Elite Gets Smashed to pieces.

again, i highly disagree with arguing over "but they're bad at their jobs"

they need to be good at their jobs, because it's their jobs

we shouldn't theorycraft and make suggestions based on them being bad at their jobs

our F1-F5 mechanic got replaced by Hexas

and we got Stances.

this is basically what i had hoped for originally when EoD was announced and all i wanted was an E-spec to remove clones/phantasms/shatters

remove F2-F4 entirely

make F1 be just a damage hex

nothing more, nothing less

ground-target AoE

traits that manipulate what it does at the cost of losing its base mechanic, whether that be loss of AoE, ground target, damage, whatever

clones/phantasms giving charges/boosts/varying effects to it based on skill/trait 

or, have  F1-F4 be "attunements" or "books" or  "kits", or whatever, for Illusionary Weaponry

doesn't even need to have all 5 different weapon skills, could just be a single 1 skill, 5 times across the keyboard

or just a single ability, as long as it does its job, depending on how often we can get it 

wouldn't even need a new weapon at all, to be honest, as obnoxious as it is having S.O.M.A.N.Y.O.F.F.H.A.N.D.S. and not enough main hands, as long as we get kits, i doubt it would matter

or the "Illusionary Weaponry" part of it just augments the actual F1-4 keys depending on our current weapon setup 

simple, and fixes our trashy NPC mechanic 

so many options 

so much potential

one can only hope 

i'm sure we'll be disappointed, but i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt    

• Like 1

Just now, Alpha.1308 said:

Shurkien

Shiro

Ken

oh

my

god

yea, i'm not taking blame for this one; that's totally on you 

you typo'd Shiro'Ken as shurkien, which i assumed was a typo for shuriken 

you also added master for absolutely no reason

there are no Shiro'Ken "masters

Ah Oki I'm a idiot 🤣

Tbh I don't think they will scrap 2 and 4 as I wonder if they will need something to double barrel the traits across to as in have something in the places so they can directly tie it to the traits. So instead the traits affect the weapons instead of clones. 

as I'm guessing there is so much to translate into the weapon affects and Hex's they may have to directly have to spread it across 4. 

My guess would be if the concepts accurate

F1-F5 will become illusionary weapon attacks. 

Utilitys will be Hex's. 

The dagger will be power based and focus on 600 range attacks (I base that off the stance she holds it implies we will use it differently)

Then spread the affects from our traits into the weapons. 

Maybe the utilities tied to clones will just be RIP. But a fair trade if it comes to that.  

15 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

this is completely wrong, Mantras exist, they just need to be updated with accompanying traits to be stronger

I think prolly my bad sentencing caused it to be lost but that's what I said. 

Mesmer could have a support. But I beleive it'd require alot more then a elite to manage. Several other reworks and updates would need to take place. 

I ment more in its current state it wouldn't be strong enough. 

Alacrity being tied directly to mirage

Quickness being tied directly to chrono. 

Means you would have one trait line to bring a support mesmer uptoo par against other support options

Its normal for a support to offer quite alot of boon uptime. Might 25, quickness. Some uptime on other boons. 

Ontop of that alot of healing to be added as currently mesmer healings pretty bad. And then how to somehow balance it to not have access to the tons of DPS the class actually has inside it let alone the burst damage components. 

Ofcourse there's a fix. 

Retain shatters and have them explode on allies for AoE healing. 

This means all the traits can be converted to boons and useful affects where it effectively does DPS to build clones to then shatter clones to heal allies. 

The problem is this would retain shatters..

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

as I'm guessing there is so much to translate into the weapon affects and Hex's they may have to directly have to spread it across 4. 

that's the problem, though

they probably won't want to put in the work

and to be honest, it's probably not even necessary to make it overly complex 

Mesmer could have a support. But I beleive it'd require alot more then a elite to manage. Several other reworks and updates would need to take place. 

not really

mantras are honestly almost really strong

not every single "healer" or "support" needs to be 1:1 compared to each other 

mesmer can still bring separate utility than a tempest, druid, tablet, or medkit, while still being comparable in healing output, even if it's a little less than them, if they're still able to perform a supportive role  

mantra of recovery should have always been AoE healing to begin with, so, that's not really a rework, just a feature that's been... needed

1-2k allied healing brings that up to a 4-5k healing EACH charge, and that's just looking at the bottom end of ideas

that's two entire heal skills for other allies, on an instant pop 

all at the cost of one healing skill and one trait

then just make the rest of the Inspiration line actually worth using, that things got so much trash in it, it's not even controversial that it needs to be reworked, so, i see no problem here pointing that out 

(who the literal garbage thought of Phantasmal Defender as a huge cooldown trait? phantasms taking one condi? aegis on phantasms? aegis on distortion???? literally the smallest amount of healing for spawning a clone??????? )

then, what, all you'd need is Mantra of Pain to have a shorter cooldown, like 5s or something, or even lower and reduce the healing further of Restorative Mantras, and that's one utility skill

even looking at that alone is like 2.5k/5s which is about 500 healing/s from a utility skill, which is actually really good, scrapper is what, 1.5k/s with enough boons? and those are ticks that can miss, and only in cone in front, and requires them to do absolutely nothing else in the process

now you can funnel in any other type of mesmer utility you think would be worth bringing over another class

tempests bring burst healing, cleanses, auras, and larger effective radius than other healers

scrappers bring sustain healing, cleansing, stealth, super speed...and ranged rez.... and quickness....and s.t.a.b.i.l.i.t.y..... honestly let's not talk about this embarrassment of a decision on their part to have this thing exist.....

tablets bring stationary sustain healing, cleanses, and alacrity 

druids bring burst healing, immobilizes, cleanses 

mesmers could do an in betweeny of burst and sustain healing, having smaller bursts, but longer cooldown than other sustain healers, S.T.A.B.I.L.I.T.Y., like literally 2 charges of Stand Your Ground which is honestly fairly strong, cleansing, then bring any e-spec for anything else: alacrity mirage which should honestly not exist, (mirage should have been the aoe spec because literal mirage.... as it's name suggests.....) support chrono which should be alacrity/quickness, not to mention both soft and hard CC Wells and soft CC condis, or the new e-spec, what ever that may be, music in particular for LITERALLY ANYTHING support related to help out mantras, even some kind of wonky AoE pulsing damage based on healing power, or IW for..... literally whatever that could mean for supports or control at least that end up empowering its own builds like mantras in particular 

then everything else a mesmer can bring like glamours or focus pulls or what have you

Alacrity being tied directly to mirage

Quickness being tied directly to chrono. 

again, alacrity should never have been given to mirage 

should have been on chrono

chrono could have low might, but bring the quickness/alacrity for support, and it would have been fine 

not to mention its access to slow, weakness, chill, etc, those wells were almost really good, too... but fell so short due to a failure to design them correctly for anything other than standing in one spot and wall pull tanking in this game's excuse for PVE

Its normal for a support to offer quite alot of boon uptime. Might 25, quickness. Some uptime on other boons. 

mirage ambush does bring might, it actually always has, even pre-dumb-stupid-bad-decision-making-buff, so, they have that 

and again, music?

inspiring allies is already the niche there, not hard to put might on a bard/siren/music/etc

Ontop of that alot of healing to be added as currently mesmer healings pretty bad. And then how to somehow balance it to not have access to the tons of DPS the class actually has inside it let alone the burst damage components. 

i.... have literally no idea where you're getting that from

coefficients are easily manipulated 

and.... honestly, mesmer mantra coefficients are just as high as tempests 

it's just healing prism and heal on clone which need to be adjusted, and again, only in coefficients

well... healing prism...... ehhhhhh has other problems, too 

and again

Illusionary Weaponry 

assuming it replaces clones

imagine every weapon heals 

and daggers in particular being an abundant source of spam procs?

and it causes clones = healing to start pumping out massive numbers?

there's so, so many potential options here

you wouldn't even need to adjust the coefficient 

however, in that event, it'd be pretty necessary, as low coefficient might mean you don't even need healing power, which means general dps could have crazy healing, and that might be a no-no

Retain shatters and have them explode on allies for AoE healing. 

The problem is this would retain shatters..

unless you made Illusionary Weaponry just spawn an equivalent of guardian spirit weapons in place of phantasms

indestructible, but still counting toward the shatters

give a trait to cause healing in place of damage 

could still work easily

in that line of thinking, i don't even care about supports anymore

just give me spirit weapons period, and i'll keep my shatters

just unbind me from the freaking NPCs and i'll be fine 

but holy BUTTS please not my old line of thinking years ago, i wanted shatters to have actual glass shatter out so they can be ranged

BUT HOLY NO 

NO PROJECTILES

the bubbles and projectile hate power creep in this freaking game right now holy jesus butts 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

You are seriously reaching if you are trying to tie mesmer with music theme.

Tho in another post that this spec could be Assassins which in GW1 they are patrons of Lyssa.

Both acting and music are arts.

Arts are a physical manifestation of what the artist considers as beauty.

Lyssa is the Goddess of Beauty.

Mesmer are the one profession in GW2 being tied to Lyssa.

Thus Mesmer is the best fit for any art-related elite specializations (in this case a Musician).

This is hardly reaching far.

Norgu was just one example of an Artist that also is a Mesmer, whom (if I recall correctly) also is the only artist tied to a profession.

I wouldn't mind seeing Assassin as a Mesmer elite specialization without clones.

But since too many aspects of GW1's Assassin have already been put into Thief, I can't see that happen.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Alpha.1308 said:

i.... have literally no idea where you're getting that from

the past? 

Core healing mesmer. Wrecked. 

Chrono. Wrecked

Healing mirage wrecked. 

The fact that every single time we have gotten close to a traditional support role it's been immediately gutted and torn to pieces? 

It's not Anet being bad at their jobs, these proffessions were never orginally designed to be healers... So it was never a factor in the orginal balancing. 

Mesmers are high burst high mobility in trade for sustain. Which means giving it sustain makes the combination OP. And while I can see fixs to that. They will need to do something about all the traits tied to shatters doing damage. 

Hence why imho I think the better fix would be to replace core mesmer with a more GW1 mesmer then give shatters to mirage and more of a time reversal / quickness mechanic to chrono. And then have hmthis elite introduced as bard. 

Because there's less complications to build it around. 

Because as current something will get nerfed into the group to have a support. And tbh it's not a good move to gut the DPS aspect of mesmer to give it healing. Given most people rolled mesmer to be a DPS. 

I get my opinons based on what has happened and what we've learnt over the years and that's. 

Everytime mesmer does something that isn't damage. It either gets completely obliterated or the proffession itself gets completely obliterated a few months later. 

So yeah. I don't want Anet trying again. I don't want another experimental elite spec cthat "may or may not work" mesmers haven't had a single solid elite specc. Litterally not one. 

Chrono and mirage are both janky as hell because they've been thrown around and ripped apart in attempt to balance them. 

I don't that's a wrong point of view here. Given all mesmers elites kinda back this up. They tried to create support. They failed. It's too OP and people cry too loudly. We aren't a class that's allowed to sit on op mechanics. 

Scourge and firebrand only haven't been gutted because anets fine with their mechanics pushing the boundaries. But they do have limits. Both of them have very low mobility. 

Unlike mesmer which you litterally can't get rid of.

Anet have proven again and again they can't balance support based roles on mesmers in its current iteration. That's not being bad at their jobs. It was never designed to support to start with. Which makes the job harder to fulfill. So yeah they would need to rework it. 

You can't have a proffession capable of accessing everything. It has to have a weakness. It has to have something it doesn't do. 

Mesmers already do damage, burst damage, condition damage, utility support, high CC, high mobility. 

Layering healing ontop of that will be OP regardless of what you do realistically. I mean imho elite speccs are flawed at concept. But it's a pros and con situation and isn't all that avoidable. 

Also I think thief will get the more supportive role this time round of any. As it has 0 support entirely while we do bring quite alot of it.. 

It's likely not our turn to receive another support. If anything it highlights that our current support builds prolly need buffing. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Mesmers are high burst high mobility in trade for sustain. Which means giving it sustain makes the combination OP. And while I can see fixs to that. They will need to do something about all the traits tied to shatters doing damage. 

Scourge and firebrand only haven't been gutted because anets fine with their mechanics pushing the boundaries. But they do have limits. Both of them have very low mobility. 

Unlike mesmer which you litterally can't get rid of.

You can't have a proffession capable of accessing everything. It has to have a weakness. It has to have something it doesn't do. 

Mesmers already do damage, burst damage, condition damage, utility support, high CC, high mobility. 

Layering healing ontop of that will be OP regardless of what you do realistically. I mean imho elite speccs are flawed at concept. But it's a pros and con situation and isn't all that avoidable. 

A few things, first core ranger have high mobility in terms of their great sword 3, passive 25% movement speed increase from signet of the hunt, and many access to swiftness, while having really good burst, descent condi and some of the best buffs in the game as well as utility in terms of immobilise , yet they still got druid specialisation on top of all that. 

second, scourge is absolutely do not have low mobility, passive 25% movement speed increase from signet of the locust, many swiftness (one of them is baseline 24 sec), a 1200 range teleport, the only thing missing is leap which Mesmer doesn't even have a lot. Firebrand indeed does not have a lot of mobility, they only have a 600 leap on great sword with a 12 second cooldown.

Third, mesmer don't do everything, we have access to junky burst damage since most of our power damage come from AI and we are the only class that get punished for killing someone (all our damage source disappear); unreliable condi damage with confusion (torment is only well utilised by mirage) that we don't even have a trait to buff it, it's our thematic condi for god's sake; utility support in terms of butchered glamour, which is also one of the only few skill type that you can't even trait; high cc that all come with long cooldown, and not much consistent cc to cover the gap; high mobility, but most of them is on mirage.

And you can never to any of them at once, even the infamous chaos chrono had crap damage to compensate.

There many a lot of professions that have access to a lot of things (if not everything) that mesmer have, while being actually better at them then mesmer, yet they still received good healing. Such as guardian, necro (they even have a portal!), revenant, engi, and maybe ranger. If Anet actually wants and put efforts, they can absolutely create a good and balanced mesmer healer (doesn't even have to be a elite, chrono still exist).

12 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

It's too OP and people cry too loudly. We aren't a class that's allowed to sit on op mechanics. 

I swear the gw2 community is under some mesmer illusion that make us look op and have almost everything even when we are kind kitten at what we do. Or there is somewhere in the user agreement that every non mesmer main must cry out loud when mesmer get something, so anet can justify nerfing it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

A few things, first core ranger have high mobility in terms of their great sword 3, passive 25% movement speed increase from signet of the hunt, and many access to swiftness, while having really good burst, descent condi and some of the best buffs in the game as well as utility in terms of immobilise , yet they still got druid specialisation on top of all that. 

I think people are missing what im stating here.

I aint saying bard shouldnt happen. what im saying is its very known by now. every mesmer support build introduced so far has been gutted months After creation. So the idea of the new elite being Support is basically putting it on the fire

and we can call out other stuff, but guardian does have holes in its Kit. scourge does too.. and i dont think Passive signets that increase movement speed are NEAR As strong as Teleports or Invisiability realistically. it doesnt compare in terms fo Actual mobility.

Im sorry, but theres a Reason a Mesmer or thief Decaps in PvP.. and not these other classes and it isnt because their "equal in mobility to us".

Theres a Reaoson.. why everytime we've gotten a Large support build... we simultaniously become Overpowered.. and btw i do play Mesmer Although i was preparing to reroll cause i did predict bard would happen.. as well i already cvould put a Money bet safely on it being gutted. no point sticking for a sinking ship if thats what EoDs handing us.

i've reduced the size of this. .cause maybe my point here is being lost or something.. but i just dont understand when we can Agree. the reason we have no tradiitional support is because Every build near it has been gutted down.. t then ask for another one seems kinda Almost Seems like asking for mental torture.

w

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

It's pretty Vibrant pink for a mesmer. I still think it's most likely a mesmer but I'm not going to rule out elementalist or even less likely a new profession entirely. 

Mesmer is the safest guess. 

However! This is clearly a Magical girl. So Mystic or witch?

I think it's a bow with a top view that we see. I am thinking of an elite specialization that would use a bow. After all, it's already encoded in the game for years! Mesmers / Phantasms NPCs can be seen using a bow and attacking players at Siren's Landing, at Lyssa's Reliquary. In particular, we can see them shoot several arrows at once. The pink spears above the character could be big arrows. Maybe they will replace clones and Phantasms, with an ammunition system. The more pink spears there are, the more powerful and crippling the attack will be.

Edited by tomkechou.8307

5 hours ago, tomkechou.8307 said:

I think it's a bow with a top view that we see. I am thinking of an elite specialization that would use a bow. After all, it's already encoded in the game for years! Mesmers / Phantasms NPCs can be seen using a bow and attacking players at Siren's Landing, at Lyssa's Reliquary. In particular, we can see them shoot several arrows at once. The pink spears above the character could be big arrows. Maybe they will replace clones and Phantasms, with an ammunition system. The more pink spears there are, the more powerful and crippling the attack will be.

I'm starting to think it's a bow as well. The thing in the top right is the quiver and I have seen bows irl with that silhouette. 

Phantasms are probably not going to be replaced. But i could see them creating a system like deadeyes malice where you get a floating thing instead of summoning a clone. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816

On 7/5/2021 at 6:45 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

You are seriously reaching if you are trying to tie mesmer with music theme.

First you are basing a whole class profession being tide to music based on ONE NPC and even then he was an ACTOR not a MUSICIAN which btw there is a reason why the profession actor is actor and musician is musician.

There are NPCs in gw2 that are prominent that shows mesmers in another light for example Queen Jennah, Countess Anise, and Kasmeer Meade.

Second beauty does not mean it has connection/ties with arts nor does arts have to ties with music. 

Tho in another post that this spec could be Assassins which in GW1 they are patrons of Lyssa.

There are actually quite a few more mesmers in GW1 that were attached to the performing arts, Norgu was just the most prominent (and didn't get burned to ashes by the Charr after the prologue). 

Sure, not all mesmers are performers, but that's the thing about elite specialisations: no elite specialisation is supposed to represent all mesmers. I'm pretty sure Kasmeer is a chronomancer, for instance, so no, she won't be a bard-type because she's already something else. However, there is definitely an association between mesmers and performing, and if, hypothetically, GW2 kept getting more expansions and elite specialisations indefinitely, there should be a bard-like elite specialisation to represent those mesmers who take that route.

Whether it should be the next mesmer elite specialisation... well, that's another question.

On 7/5/2021 at 6:21 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

i am poor with wording i will agree.

google Shurkien Master GW1.. it Litterally says they use Mesmer magic to create Illusionary weaponary.

ntroduction: The Shuriken Master combines the Mesmer ability of ... in the Deadly Arts to produces a fast throwing projectile

Whats this? it is, but in GW1 u oculd combi. so it was a Mesmer/Thief Combination. which means True Thief or Mesmer could have effectively gotten this. but i feel Assassin is likely a higher priority for thief comparitively. to Mesmer which needs a new mechanic.

Read the part where it says "combines mesmer ability" to PRODUCE Fast throwing Projectiles.. however its also classified as a Support class.

Fast Casting for rapid use of Deadly Arts skills?

Technically speaking, those skills were supposed to represent throwing daggers rather than shuriken, so it would fit well with a dagger mesmer (if that is what we're seeing here).

32 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Fast Casting for rapid use of Deadly Arts skills?

Technically speaking, those skills were supposed to represent throwing daggers rather than shuriken, so it would fit well with a dagger mesmer (if that is what we're seeing here).

Yeah we figured out I was spelling it completely wrong and adding master for no reason I ment 

Shiro'ken