Legendary armory and trinket effects

3 minutes ago, Saurian Jam.7249 said:

I have a question regarding Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. What happens if I crafted Twilight and Sunrise, bound them and then made Eternity and sold it? Would I be able to access them (Twilight and Sunrise) in the armory, assuming they were bound before Eternity was sold?

They said that if you have bound versions of Twilight and Sunrise that you would be given tokens to be used in crafting Eternity, but since you no longer HAVE them then you don't have bound versions then do you?

5 minutes ago, Saurian Jam.7249 said:

I have a question regarding Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. What happens if I crafted Twilight and Sunrise, bound them and then made Eternity and sold it? Would I be able to access them (Twilight and Sunrise) in the armory, assuming they were bound before Eternity was sold?

It sounds like this will only be possible until the armoury is released. After that binding Twilight and Sunrise will remove them from your inventory and you'll get tokens to make Eternity, but it specifically says that Eternity will be bound.

So it will still be possible to make all 3, but it will no longer be possible to make Twilight and Sunrise, bind them to unlock the skins, then use them to make Eternity and sell it as some people do now.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They said that if you have bound versions of Twilight and Sunrise that you would be given tokens to be used in crafting Eternity, but since you no longer HAVE them then you don't have bound versions then do you?

That's what I was worried about, yeah! Looks like this will be the case, might need to craft Exordium then 😄

It's worth noting that Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence will now be the only legendary items that you are forced to use the visuals for if you use the item.

All weapons, armor, and back items can be reskinned. Back items, helms, shoulders, and gloves can be hidden. Conflux and Transcendence can now be toggled. But, for some reason, Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence must display their effects.

Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing update. It's 98% there. I love the touch of the "congratulations" screens as well. Lovely! But we really need this last bit of the update that seems to have been missed to bring everything into line.

(And, while we are at it, Infusions should gain a toggle option as well. Please let me use my Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion for the stat/agony resist without turning my character into a rock).

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, DaG.5103 said:

It's worth noting that Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence will now be the only legendary items that you are forced to use the visuals for if you use the item.

All weapons, armor, and back items can be reskinned. Back items, helms, shoulders, and gloves can be hidden. Conflux and Transcendence can now be toggled. But, for some reason, Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence must display their effects.

Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing update. It's 98% there. I love the touch of the "congratulations" screens as well. Lovely! But we really need this last bit of the update that seems to have been missed to bring everything into line.

(And, while we are at it, Infusions should gain a toggle option as well. Please let me use my Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion for the stat/agony resist without turning my character into a rock).

Well said, this update feels like tripping over the finish line. Every other part of the post is wonderful.

• Like 1

Yeah Anet, please allow us to turn of any visual effect that we do not want. The visuals are only part of why people get these items, the stat changing/base skin are the main reason for a lot of people.

Personally don't like all the particles from the trinkets/infusions, but I love my WvW armor and legendary weapons.

• Like 3

I've been waiting for them to add the ability to turn off visual effects on the other legendary trinkets since they were released. I've been hotly anticipating the armory suspecting they might add this, and was really thrilled on my first read-through of today's post when I misunderstood and thought this option was going to be available for all trinkets.

I don't want my character cluttered with those ridiculous flying blobs.

You're clearly able to implement a solution where a ring(wvw) and an amulet(pvp) can have their legendary visual effects toggled off. So extend this to the other ring and accessories.

Please just let us turn off the visual effects.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arewn.2368 said:

I've been waiting for them to add the ability to turn off visual effects on the other legendary trinkets since they were released. I've been hotly anticipating the armory suspecting they might add this, and was really thrilled on my first read-through of today's post when I misunderstood and thought this option was going to be available for all trinkets.

I don't want my character cluttered with those ridiculous flying blobs.

You're clearly able to implement a solution where a ring(wvw) and an amulet(pvp) can have their legendary visual effects toggled off. So extend this to the other ring and accessories.

Please just let us turn off the visual effects.

Honestly it might not be that straightforward as for the vp and wvw trinket their exists a slumbering variant. on top of the fact that the three trinkets are connected somehow.

I presume they will add that in a later patch though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I won't be using mine if I can't disable their effect. If enough people refuse to maybe ANet's metrics will show there's an issue. Probably not.

I feel that the third effect the black blob on top of the head is what everyone Hates most... I like the purple orbs we get with aurora and vision combined... 

That aside, maybe anet might give a fix after reading on forums.. u know option for hiding all the effects for specific legy trinket including the embedded infusion effect along with the trinket effect for every specific trinket... Nothing wrong... One can hope I guess

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

4 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I feel that the third effect the black blob on top of the head is what everyone Hates most... I like the purple orbs we get with aurora and vision combined... 

That aside, maybe anet might give a fix after reading on forums.. u know option for hiding all the effects for specific legy trinket including the embedded infusion effect along with the trinket effect for every specific trinket... Nothing wrong... One can hope I guess

The single trinket effect is tolerable, on characters it fits. Even the stowed aura effect can look terrible on characters using clashing color schemes on their armors, not to mention the pink balls. The second tier looks worse to me, with the balls going wobbly. The third tier, worse still.

I have quite a lot of characters but just 1 looks decent with the tier 1 effect, and that's because I worked toward that when I first got Aurora. So, the rest is in storage now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I don't want to be stuck with any of them.

Purple is my favourite colour and I sometimes like flashy effects on my characters, but even then the purple orbs would be ok for one, maybe two of my characters for about 1/2 the time at most. I change how my characters are dressed fairly often, so even something that suits them now might look totally out of place in 6 months.

It does get harder when you stack more effects, as there's more factors you need to match or balance out, but I doubt you could find a single effect (or skin, dye etc.) that everyone in the game would be ok with having on all their characters all the time.

• Like 1

I am going to add one more thing to my previous post in this topic. 

The Legendary armory without possibility to toggle cosmetic effects of ALL the trinkets is a recipe for visual disaster on a larger scale. It is safe to assume that now, when the armory goes live, majority of players will go for the legendary trinkets, simply becasue they are very useful, I'd say in these circumstances even more useful than weapons, since all the characters can equip them. 

However, I cannot even imagine how Lion's Arch would look like in a year from now with 80%+ of the people having a wobbling black goo above their heads.

Please, Anet, don't let it happen.

• Like 1

I mean, the legendary trinket effects will ruin all the fashion war possibilities, which is one the main attractions in the game. Like, I have a character that is made of stone with stone weapons and all that - why would I want swirling light blobs around her? Or a inconspicuous thief with toned-down fashion? This really should be reconsidered... 😞 Other than that, it all does sound very exciting.

• Like 1

I am really excited about that Legy Armory thing, since it's first announcement. My only fear was that all my Chars would have that awful Bubblemonster from the tree PVE Trinkets over thier Heads. 

So it seems my fears where justified :(

Please give the Option to shut off those Effekt and free us from that awful Bubblemonster.

I would really appreciate that.

• Like 1