Legendary Armory equipment skins and stat selections

Unless I am missing something, I don't think these two topics were addressed.

1. Since now there are no costs for transmutation charges on legendaries, will you be able to skin each legendary item separately in each equipment template? This would allow for more customization per build you run and potentially people buying more skins to use.

2. Will you be able to automatically select a predefined set of stats for your legendary items? For example, if you want all celestial stats, you customize your armor or weapon, choose celestial, and apply to all legendaries at once. This is a much needed feature. If it wasn't added I would really be shocked, and I would hope this could be added as an update in the future.

Besides that I think the armory has just about everything I need. I think it will be a good start, and I hope there will more more QoL changes added as they get more feedback on this.

• Confused 1

They did address your first point, but it's a bit buried. At the end of the paragraph titled "Equipping your Legendaries" it says: "Once you’ve equipped a legendary item to multiple equipment templates, you can set different attributes, upgrade selections, and skins for each one."

I don't think they addressed the second point, I agree it would be useful but I don't know if it's something they're planning to add.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's big news because I actually have a character with legendary armor where one template I specifically use an ascended chestpiece to differentiate between which template I have equipped.
The reason is the stats are relatively the same but I have more toughness on one template.

If you are able to reskin every template it means that legendary armor gained utility in terms of fashion , or in my case, the ability to differentiate which stat set you have on without opening the hero panel.

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you are able to reskin every template it means that legendary armor gained utility in terms of fashion , or in my case, the ability to differentiate which stat set you have on without opening the hero panel.

From my reading, that is exactly what is going to happen and on top of that, ALL reskinning changes won't need any transmute chargers.... So yes, gear templates are now fashion slots as well for those with legendary gear. I hope the Gem store is well stocked up on additional gear templates, haha.

• Like 1

I know. The transmutation charges aren't an issue since I have over 1300 of them or something, it's the appearance change for each template that is the real news here.

Setting different attributes and upgrades is already ingame today. Really don't know why the topic creator needed to even ask that.

Edited by Infusion.7149

3 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Since legendary armor will be free to transmute, it looks like that yes we'll be able to choose their wardrobe look by a per slot basis.

That does not automatically follow. Currently there's no way to assign different skins to the same gear in two different gear templates. Transmutations requiring charges has nothing to do with it.

Anet's mention that you will be able to change skins is also a bit ambigious. It might indeed mean we'd be able to select separate skins for each gear template. Or, it will mean that we'll be able to assign separate skins for multiple gear tabs, but on per-character (not per-tab) basis.

I guess we'll see in a week.

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They did specify that:

Once you’ve equipped a legendary item to multiple equipment templates, you can set different attributes, upgrade selections, and skins for each one.

Thanks for quoting this, I missed it while reading and many people probably did as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That does not automatically follow. Currently there's no way to assign different skins to the same gear in two different gear templates. Transmutations requiring charges has nothing to do with it.

Anet's mention that you will be able to change skins is also a bit ambigious. It might indeed mean we'd be able to select separate skins for each gear template. Or, it will mean that we'll be able to assign separate skins for multiple gear tabs, but on per-character (not per-tab) basis.

As each legendary item is a copy from the armory, individual templates will each have their own copy to modify stats/runes/infusions/skins.  At least, that seems to be what they're saying?

5 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Setting different attributes and upgrades is already ingame today. Really don't know why the topic creator needed to even ask that.

They were asking if you can do all at once.  Like, have more than one legendary slotted and change all of them to Celestial at one time rather than changing them to Celestial one at a time.  Or by type if I'm reading another post correctly.

Edited by Xanhawk.3806
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

For example, if you want all celestial stats, you customize your armor or weapon, choose celestial, and apply to all legendaries at once. 

Almost ...when customizing armor you can apply the stat to all armor pieces, when customizing weapons you can apply it to all weapon. Probably the same for trinkets but I haven't checked.

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Nah, they said multiple equipment templates and that you can set a different skin to each one. Not only that, but if it was ambigious (with the implied meaning you're talking about here), then the sentence I quoted above would mean that you can set "attributes, upgrade selections, and skins" only between the characters and not between each tab, which would make it a downgrade from how the current legendaries work. I don't see anything ambigious about what they wrote there.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nah, they said multiple equipment templates and that you can set a different skin to each one. Not only that, but if it was ambigious (with the implied meaning you're talking about here), then the sentence I quoted above would mean that you can set "attributes, upgrade selections, and skins" only between the characters and not between each tab, which would make it a downgrade from how the current legendaries work. I don't see anything ambigious about what they wrote there.

Indeed, that's the most obvious reading from what they said. The problem is, i don't see how they are going to do that without flat out allowing wardrobe to work on each tab separately (which would be a major QoL upgrade worthy of separate mention).

Like i said, we'll see in a week.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Indeed, that's the most obvious reading from what they said. The problem is, i don't see how they are going to do that without flat out allowing wardrobe to work on each tab separately (which would be a major QoL upgrade worthy of separate mention).

It's basically the system some players speculated we would get before this announcement: the legendary armoury holds a 'template' for each legendary and then you withdraw copies to place in each equipment template. Those copies are all unique items, so they can have different skins, stats etc. 

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Nah, this is what they wrote, so clearly this is how it is supposed to work according to them. "But they would need to change x" -yes, the armory is a change in itself already, so obviously some stuff changes around it.

Seriously, not sure what and why you're trying to do here right now: it's like reading about legendaries not needing transmutation charges and writing "well, up until now we needed them for legendaries too and btw what about other items, do they suddenly not need transmutation charges as well?! We can't be sure, we'll see in a week" -no, this is what they wrote and this is what they mean. Legendaries are getting more special treatment at certain places. Don't see anything ambigious there.

• Confused 1