Ascended items should be sellable on TP now (Legendary Armory)

2 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Probably crash everything related to crafting ascended equipment. 

I'm not sure if that would happen.

But, if it did, wouldn't that actually be a good thing for all those new players who we are led to believe would somehow find themselves in an exploitative relationship with nasty ascended item vendors?

Would they not then also have the option to *avoid* being exploited by meanies by instead purchasing component parts at the 'crashed' prices you imagine?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

I'm not sure if that would happen.

But, if it did, wouldn't that actually be a good thing for all those new players who we are led to believe would somehow find themselves in an exploitative relationship with nasty ascended item vendors?

Would they not then also have the option to *avoid* being exploited by meanies by instead purchasing component parts at the 'crashed' prices you imagine?

It would when you account for all the excess ascended players have and how often many get drops which they would no longer need. 

Ascended item vendors are far from exploitative. I’m not sure where you got that idea unless you’re just joking. 

If they don’t like the prices of the materials then they can farm them themselves. The prices have been fairly reasonable. You also forget to account for all those players who sell the materials that will be hurt with the crashed prices. 

21 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

If they don’t like the prices of the materials then they can farm them themselves. The prices have been fairly reasonable.

Hardened leather prices are anything but reasonable, and unsurprisingly, they are the rarest material to find which you need a lot of to craft ascended armor. GW2 crafting: turn farming into your every day job or pay up, chump!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

Hardened leather prices are anything but reasonable, and unsurprisingly, they are the rarest material to find which you need a lot of to craft ascended armor. GW2 crafting: turn farming into your every day job or pay up, chump!

Where do you need a lot of it? As far as I remember, you only need 10 squares, if you need to craft the gossamer patches for the insignia.

55 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

They’re not needed for ascended armor other than perhaps insignias. You’re confusing them with thick leather. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

8 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

It would when you account for all the excess ascended players have and how often many get drops which they would no longer need. 

Ascended item vendors are far from exploitative. I’m not sure where you got that idea unless you’re just joking. 

If they don’t like the prices of the materials then they can farm them themselves. The prices have been fairly reasonable. You also forget to account for all those players who sell the materials that will be hurt with the crashed prices. 

Yeah,  I was totally being sarcastic about the exploitative bit (did you read all the preceding posts?)

What I meant is that low ('crashed') prices would actually help new players acquire the ascended items they want, no?

This seems contrary to the assertions of some people that new players would suffer from ascended items being tradeable.

Edited by TwoGhosts.6790
  • Confused 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:31 AM, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

I second this. Making Ascended gear tradeable and sellable will go a long way to improve this community.

I have no clue what it would do to the economy, for all I know it might completely wreck the economy, or it might greatly improve the economy. But from a social and community perspective being able to gift your ascended drops to your new friend who just joined GW2 is a great idea.

Sure, it would make exotics even less valuable, but lets be real, ever since the release of raids the value of exotics have gone down the drain already anyway...

Nothing wrong with wanting to TWINK your friend.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

Yeah,  I was totally being sarcastic about the exploitative bit (did you read all the preceding posts?)

What I meant is that low ('crashed') prices would actually help new players acquire the ascended items they want, no?

This seems contrary to the assertions of some people that new players would suffer from ascended items being tradeable.

It would help them in one way and hurt them in another. 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, Evil Seabass.5214 said:

Now that all of my characters can access legendary gear once I've crafted/bound them, it would be nice to be able to sell/trade all the ascended items I'll no longer need. Doesnt really make sense to keep them account-bound anymore. I'm not referring to items I've purchased or crafted, then equipped and used, but ascended items that come as drops, like armor and weapon boxes, Drakkar's and Tequatl's Hoards, Gift or Aurene, Ryland's Frostsaw GS, etc.

Don't let ascended gear become just a salvage item...

It'd be pretty cool to be able to sell ascended items that drop from mobs on the TP (however if they do this I think they should decrease the chance of that happening to make up for it). But at the same time, the prices will probably be ridiculous and it'd be a lot cheaper just to craft it. Don't really know... it'd be nice to have some ascended on the TP at least though.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:43 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

It would make fractals , strikes, and raids disproportionately more profitable. It also wouldn't serve as a LI/LD sink because you can use prophet shards (strikes) or magnetite shards (raids) for the chests.

An example of a positive change Arenanet made this past year is the addition of ascended chest for the Return to Living World. That is something they could do more of, as it is neither handout nor a profit for people already ahead.

Is that a bad thing?

On second thought, I revise my previous statement and say ascended gear shouldn't be sellable on the TP. However, I do think, if possible, they should be tradable (mailable). I have no clue if it's even possible to code an item as mailable yet not available on the TP. Sometimes I wish GW2 had a loot system similar to WoW where you can pass on an item and then someone else in the party/squad get the item instead. Anyway, I'm swimming in ascended gear I don't need and I would be happy to gift it to the peepos who just joined my raid group when they do a good job.

17 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Is that a bad thing?

It would lead to excessive currency inflation (players with excess ascended accumulated more gold from selling) while simultaneously devaluing all materials used in ascended due to an added supply that isn't drained from the economy (all fractal encryption boxes have T5 materials used both in legendary gift and the insignias/inscriptions). Yes it is a terrible thing.

It has zero benefit to someone new to the game unless the price of ascended is crashed into the ground below exotics as far as the TP ones, it would only benefit people with extra ascended (which means people that have more ingame assets). Any changes should be oriented to helping less affluent or newer players become on an even footing without being outright handouts.

That's why I mentioned the ascended weapon box attained for the Return to Living Story collection. It isn't a handout because it's part of the achievement tiers. That's similar to several other achievements we had in the past such as Caladbolg , Ambrite Weapon Collection, Leystone Armor Collection, etc. If mystic coins weren't so expensive the Heart of Thorns specialization collections would be included, Path of Fire specialization weapons are okay though (https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended). We also have the strike mission vendor which sells ascended armor boxes for strike prophet shards: the last time I calculated it the savings was minor for the chestpiece but roughly half for the headgear, gloves or boots if you include the valuation of prophet shards converted to  Stabilized Prophet Crystal.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, Evil Seabass.5214 said:

Now that all of my characters can access legendary gear once I've crafted/bound them, it would be nice to be able to sell/trade all the ascended items I'll no longer need. Doesnt really make sense to keep them account-bound anymore. I'm not referring to items I've purchased or crafted, then equipped and used, but ascended items that come as drops, like armor and weapon boxes, Drakkar's and Tequatl's Hoards, Gift or Aurene, Ryland's Frostsaw GS, etc.

Don't let ascended gear become just a salvage item...

Go on, just salvage it like other soulbound/account bound stuff.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It would lead to excessive currency inflation (players with excess ascended accumulated more gold from selling) while simultaneously devaluing all materials used in ascended due to an added supply that isn't drained from the economy (all fractal encryption boxes have T5 materials used both in legendary gift and the insignias/inscriptions). Yes it is a terrible thing.

It has zero benefit to someone new to the game unless the price of ascended is crashed into the ground below exotics as far as the TP ones, it would only benefit people with extra ascended (which means people that have more ingame assets). Any changes should be oriented to helping less affluent or newer players become on an even footing without being outright handouts.

That's why I mentioned the ascended weapon box attained for the Return to Living Story collection. It isn't a handout because it's part of the achievement tiers. That's similar to several other achievements we had in the past such as Caladbolg , Ambrite Weapon Collection, Leystone Armor Collection, etc. If mystic coins weren't so expensive the Heart of Thorns specialization collections would be included, Path of Fire specialization weapons are okay though (https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended). We also have the strike mission vendor which sells ascended armor boxes for strike prophet shards: the last time I calculated it the savings was minor for the chestpiece but roughly half for the headgear, gloves or boots if you include the valuation of prophet shards converted to  Stabilized Prophet Crystal.

If you let ppl simply get to the point of the game where they no longer need gear what we are moving to your going to see the same thing happen its just going to take the have nots new players longer to get to that point and older players or the have will simply have every thing in the game with out doing content. Letting a game type and means of buying a catch up content and gear would at least give them the ability to some what get to the legendary (gear less point) of the game faster then say older players who all ready have every thing.

6 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

If you let ppl simply get to the point of the game where they no longer need gear what we are moving to your going to see the same thing happen its just going to take the have nots new players longer to get to that point and older players or the have will simply have every thing in the game with out doing content. Letting a game type and means of buying a catch up content and gear would at least give them the ability to some what get to the legendary (gear less point) of the game faster then say older players who all ready have every thing.

People can already buy ascended insignias off the TP. Crafting level 500 isn't timegated for weaponsmith/artificer/ huntsman.

If you could sell ascended boxes it would only benefit people who get them as drops. Currently the highest drop rates are in T4 fractals (which require more or less full ascended to even do) , raids, and via prophet shards from strikes.

Read original post again:
ascended items that come as drops, like armor and weapon boxes, Drakkar's and Tequatl's Hoards, Gift or Aurene, Ryland's Frostsaw GS, etc.

You'd kill off content faster than DRMs (which died off more or less once weekly 3 Volcanic Stormcaller weapons were added to the defense seal vendor) or the Forging Steel Strike because people wouldn't grind Dragonstorm if you could just buy Gift of Aurene and Frostsaw off TP. Most aren't holding out hope for eye infusions at this point. Stone Summit armor boxes are tradable which is partly why people aren't going to spend 20 minutes on Forging Steel.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

People can already buy ascended insignias off the TP. Crafting level 500 isn't timegated for weaponsmith/artificer/ huntsman.

If you could sell ascended boxes it would only benefit people who get them as drops. Currently the highest drop rates are in T4 fractals (which require more or less full ascended to even do) , raids, and via prophet shards from strikes.

Read original post again:
ascended items that come as drops, like armor and weapon boxes, Drakkar's and Tequatl's Hoards, Gift or Aurene, Ryland's Frostsaw GS, etc.

You'd kill off content faster than DRMs (which died off more or less once weekly 3 Volcanic Stormcaller weapons were added to the defense seal vendor) or the Forging Steel Strike because people wouldn't grind Dragonstorm if you could just buy Gift of Aurene and Frostsaw off TP. Most aren't holding out hope for eye infusions at this point. Stone Summit armor boxes are tradable which is partly why people aren't going to spend 20 minutes on Forging Steel.

If, as you say, selling ascended gear on the TP only benefits the sellers, then the items won't sell and the prices will drop to a point where it would be beneficial for the buyer. That's how free-market capitalism works.

You also literally contradict yourself in the same post, when you say that buying stuff from the TP is more convenient than doing the content, so people will just buy their gear on the TP instead of doing Drakkar, Tequatl, etc. That means buying it benefits the buyer, because if it wouldn't, they'd just do the content like Drakkar and Tequatl.

So what is it? Does making ascended sellable only benefit the seller or also benefit the buyer? Make up your mind.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

If, as you say, selling ascended gear on the TP only benefits the sellers, then the items won't sell and the prices will drop to a point where it would be beneficial for the buyer. That's how free-market capitalism works.

You also literally contradict yourself in the same post, when you say that buying stuff from the TP is more convenient than doing the content, so people will just buy their gear on the TP instead of doing Drakkar, Tequatl, etc. That means buying it benefits the buyer, because if it wouldn't, they'd just do the content like Drakkar and Tequatl.

So what is it? Does making ascended sellable only benefit the seller or also benefit the buyer? Make up your mind.

It only benefits players that are selling overall really because they wouldn't have gained that extra income. The buyers of the boxes that don't have a unique skin gain nothing out of it unless the pricing is such that it is near exotic level. The armor and weapon boxes would have to be lower than craft cost to sell.

You can just look at diviner/celestial/plaguedoctor exotics as those are gated indirectly via Charged Quartz/map currencies.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

Most people, especially those that play longer don't do content with hopes of dropping ascended chests. Those chests are additional drop helping newer players that get into content to gear up or gear their next character/s. Some people here try to pretend that if they can't sell their additional ascended boxes they never really intentionally farmed for, it would be unfair or a waste for them which is just a bunch of bullkitten, ESPECIALLY when they try to push that narrative in light of incomming LA and them being stuffed full of legendaries. And then they try to claim it's for the community, but it's not -it's for their own personal gain, a.k.a greed.

Not only that, but it's laughable how some people's posts boil down to: "I don't see why not. Well, maybe it will completely kitten up the economy, but meh, I want to sell my boxes" -yup, totally not greed, just good intentions over there.

And if they want to help the community and new players, then they can help those new players get into harder content that drops that loot. More people actually playing through more group content and you're still helping them with gear instead of pretending that skipping any progression is somehow great for new players or the game itself.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ascended equipment while being relatively easy to get fractals etc, is still a reward and deserves better then to be thrown down the trash bin because legendary armory kills it. i am not against armory in fact i like it alot however i do not want the 80+ chests i have in my bank to go to trash because i cant sell them and recover some wasted value from these REWARDS.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Ascended equipment while being relatively easy to get fractals etc, is still a reward and deserves better then to be thrown down the trash bin because legendary armory kills it. i am not against armory in fact i like it alot however i do not want the 80+ chests i have in my bank to go to trash because i cant sell them and recover some wasted value from these REWARDS.

You didn't intentionally farm for them and you weren't using them anyways, so what value did you suddenly discover in them? 🙄

This is exactly what I'm talking about -people pretending they suddenly deserve more than they had/have. It didn't have any value to you in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1