New path to legendary armor?

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

it's not a question of who needs or deserves it or whatever ... That's silly to think that way. It's about having an asset in game that Anet can use to control player behaviour ... and it would be silly for them to ignore these assets should be used. 

There’s always the question of how far you go trying to entice players into content they just don’t want to do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

I wish we had a set of legendary armor tied to the story. I love playing and replaying the story and would totally switch to that method of acquisition over WvW (which I like to play very, very, very casually).

Well, we have an amulet at this point. It’ll be interesting to see if that was the beginning of something, or just a desperate stopgap to fill time.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

There’s always the question of how far you go trying to entice players into content they just don’t want to do.

I think we can see they tested that limit ... They were willing to put Leg Armor in Raid to encourage that. I don't see why they would not do the same for Strikes if Anet wants the same level of participation. 

I mean, if Strikes are successful as is, they won't need to  ... what I'm saying is that they can if they want and based on previous experience, I think they will if they have to. 

Honestly, I don't think we will see Leg Armor outside of instanced group content ever ... because there isn't a need to encourage people to do non-instanced group content. They are already doing it. I don't think putting Leg Armor in OW content is even enough of a carrot to get non-grouping players to continue playing the game if player retention for the game becomes a problem. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I personally wish we would have the choice of getting legendary armor from open world and achivements. The most fun time I had in gw2 was unlocking all my mounts and doing all returning achivements for the amulet/precursor weap for gen 3. I wish we had something similar with leg armor too. In my opinion makes the enviroment more alive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

I will say imo having a skinless legendary set obtainable through a long set of open world and story achievements is good for the game. It gives players that prefer to play that large amount of content a reward and goal for doing so. In the end my thoughts are from the QoL point of view that legendary offers. I dont need the set to be shiny and full of visual bling, what I need and want is the functionality and QoL having a leg set gives.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

On 2/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, Tails.9372 said:

The average player can't even deal with the IBS strikes, let alone the more mechanically demanding EoD ones.

You made me paint the image in my head of an average gw2 player with dribble of saliva over their chin trying their best to simultaneously deal damage and move their character. I guess they deserve the prestige of having legendary armor as well...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

17 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

I guess they deserve the prestige of having legendary armor as well...

In their guild chat about the legendary journey they explicitly stated on multiple occasions that legendaries are not supposed to be prestige rewards for the skillful but participation trophies for their associated content.

Also, I've yet to see you complain about how "deserving" e.g. WvW players are of their associated legendaries which is something you should also take issue with if you're principled in that regard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

You made me paint the image in my head of an average gw2 player with dribble of saliva over their chin trying their best to simultaneously deal damage and move their character. I guess they deserve the prestige of having legendary armor as well...

Considering that any prestige associated with the legendary gear is a purely fictional construct made up in the heads of some players that still believe others care about how "good players" they are (hint: usualy theonly one caring is that player, and noone else), yeah, everyone definitely "deserves" this kind of "prestige".

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 2/20/2022 at 1:01 PM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

What a hateful thing to say, this game is supposed to be about inclusivity. There is content in the game for all levels of skill, excluding people from a legendary set because the grind for it in open/story world/mode dont meet your requirements of skill is a real better than thou thing to say.

There is room in this game for a functional legendary set for people that cant do the hard modes. It dont have to be like the envoy set with special effects and looks, everything gets skinned anyway. The point is a set that has the functionality and QoL that you get with the legendary Armory. The looks of the other sets will still announce you clear raids.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

What a hateful thing to say, this game is supposed to be about inclusivity. There is content in the game for all levels of skill, excluding people from a legendary set because the grind for it in open/story world/mode dont meet your requirements of skill is a real better than thou thing to say.

There is room in this game for a functional legendary set for people that cant do the hard modes. It dont have to be like the envoy set with special effects and looks, everything gets skinned anyway. The point is a set that has the functionality and QoL that you get with the legendary Armory. The looks of the other sets will still announce you clear raids.  

There is one for people who can't do the hard modes though. WvW one, and you can make it by simply killing 1 npc every 5 minutes, or 5 npcs every 10 minutes. No need to interact with players at all. 

How is that different to, let's say, an open world pve collection with timegated stuff, where you'll be forced to farm the same specific content for x amount of months ? Why bother going through the trouble of creating additional collections, items and currencies when there's already a functional alternative available to virtually every player in the game. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

There is room in this game for a functional legendary set for people that cant do the hard modes. 

Don't get caught up with the way raiders try to frame the whole situation. The issue is much, much wider than that. There's, after all, a significant number of players that can do that "hard" content, but find the content to be extremely unpleasant and unfun.

It's just that raiders would prefer to present everyone asking for alternate avenues for legendary armor as "bad players", unskilled, and "undeserving" of the "prestige" of getting it. Because, for one, that simplifies the arguments for them, and additionally, many of them just cannot imagine that other players may simply like different things that they do.

15 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

How is that different to, let's say, an open world pve collection with timegated stuff, where you'll be forced to farm the same specific content for x amount of months ?

Because most players just don't like anything PvP-related, and would not want to touch any content where they might end up getting involved in it (even unintentionally and occasionally) with a 10ft pole.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

24 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

There is one for people who can't do the hard modes though. WvW one, and you can make it by simply killing 1 npc every 5 minutes, or 5 npcs every 10 minutes. No need to interact with players at all. 

How is that different to, let's say, an open world pve collection with timegated stuff, where you'll be forced to farm the same specific content for x amount of months ? Why bother going through the trouble of creating additional collections, items and currencies when there's already a functional alternative available to virtually every player in the game. 

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Because most players just don't like anything PvP-related, and would not want to touch any content where they might end up getting involved in it (even unintentionally and occasionally) with a 10ft pole.

In addition any open world collection for legendary armor, even with its inevitable repeated farms, is unlikely to be as repetitive as flipping camps and killing guards for the time it takes to get legendary armor as a low rank player.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

Yeah, I guess I would suggest trying out some mobile afk games for those pve players who have this list of demands and complaints.

You want an endgame item, which is essentially not required to play any content whatsoever, ESPECIALLY open world, but you don't want to put effort of getting into the more challenging content.
Ok, you have two alternatives then. "But I don't want to interact with other players competitively".
Ok, you have another option where you don't have to fight players. "But it's too long and repeatative, and if I ever see another player, I might have a heart attack".

Oh well... 

I mean, when I was doing "return to..." achievements for the legendary amulet, I loathed the fact that I had to redo all the exceptionally boring story instances with unskippable dialogues, and yet I did it and didn't come here asking for the achievements to change for me. Same goes for the aurora and vision timegated and tedious achievements, as well as world and map completion legendary gifts, and gift of craftsmanship. 

If you don't enjoy something, maybe you should reconsider your ingame priorities and give it up ? Instead of going on forums every time you stumble upon something that doesn't please you, especially if it's something that's been in the game for years and worked just fine for the majority of the playerbase. 

You are not a special snowflake and you're not supposed to have every item in the game. 

Edited by Kondor.2904
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

53 minutes ago, Kondor.2904 said:

You want an endgame item, which is essentially not required to play any content whatsoever, ESPECIALLY open world, but you don't want to put effort of getting into the more challenging content.
Ok, you have two alternatives then. "But I don't want to interact with other players competitively".
Ok, you have another option where you don't have to fight players. "But it's too long and repeatative, and if I ever see another player, I might have a heart attack".

Oh well... 

I mean, when I was doing "return to..." achievements for the legendary amulet, I loathed the fact that I had to redo all the exceptionally boring story instances with unskippable dialogues, and yet I did it and didn't come here asking for the achievements to change for me. Same goes for the aurora and vision timegated and tedious achievements, as well as world and map completion legendary gifts, and gift of craftsmanship. 

Wait.

A.

Second.

So you didn't have Transcendence, benefited from having an open world path to an alternative legendary amulet (even though you hated the process), but are arguing no one should want an open world path to legendary gear?

🤨

• Like 9
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Wait.

A.

Second.

So you didn't have Transcendence, benefited from having an open world path to an alternative legendary amulet (even though you hated the process), but are arguing no one should want an open world path to legendary gear?

🤨

Despite your seemingly impeccable deductive skills, I got Transcendence even before the new amulet was announced. And whether I had or didn't have it, has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote earlier. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

On 2/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Wait.

A.

Second.

🤨

There is a subtle difference between a person benifitting and the game benefitting. 

A person can complain that an addition is bad for the game while they themselves would benifit from the addition. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Indeed. It's hard however to argue how that change hurt you, when in reality it did nothing of the sort.

I agree, although there is a subtle cases where that is not the case. (if the change benifitted a person short term, but harmed them in the longterm, the most exaggerated example would be giving everyone full free legendary) 

• Confused 2