New path to legendary armor?

23 minutes ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Well we now know that Strikes will be awarding discounted Mystic Clovers in exchange for Prophet Crystals on a weekly basis. However that is all we know at this point. I doubt Arenanet will simply leave the rewards at just Mystic Clovers.

There is a lot of potential to expand not only the rewards and reward structure of the game in terms of Strike Missions. What sort of rewards should players get? Should CMs offer their own unique rewards? The same rewards but in greater volume? A mixture of standard and CM rewards?

What other rewards would players want?

Since it is a weekly limit on coins and clovers and they already said 2 strikes was enough for the rewards.

Do you really think they want players to only log on one day do thier cm strike and log off?

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Do you really think they want players to only log on one day do thier cm strike and log off?

Of course not.

That's why I am wondering what else they intend to add to Strikes moving forward. Mystic Clovers are only valuable to those that intend make any legendary items.

So I am asking what other people think would be worthwhile for players. Considering the topic, is Legendary Strike armor a reasonable thing to want or expect?

I imagine the new Aurene weapons will be tied to Strikes at the very least, armor however I couldn't say.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Of course not.

That's why I am wondering what else they intend to add to Strikes moving forward. Mystic Clovers are only valuable to those that intend make any legendary items.

So I am asking what other people think would be worthwhile for players. Considering the topic, is Legendary Strike armor a reasonable thing to want or expect?

I imagine the new Aurene weapons will be tied to Strikes at the very least, armor however I couldn't say.

Another path to ascended weapons and armors dont sound like a bad idea.

Legendary however already got 1 in each mode and if you look at the li reward it seems they want to funnel strike players into that content.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Another path to ascended weapons and armors dont sound like a bad idea.

Legendary however already got 1 in each mode and if you look at the li reward it seems they want to funnel strike players into that content.

Another avenue to ascended for the new players that will join with the launch of EoD does sound good.

I really couldn't say one way or the other on Legendary Armor though. You're right in that every game mode already has a way of achieving it so it would be redundant to add it.

I'm guessing there will be new thematic items associated with the Strikes as well, for example the Mai Trin Strike dropping Aether Blade weapons or some new set like Aether Blade mk II weapon set. It could be a prestiege thing that only the CM of the Strike drop a currency to make said weapon perhaps?

Edited by rrusse.7058
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, rrusse.7058 said:

I really couldn't say one way or the other on Legendary Armor though. You're right in that every game mode already has a way of achieving it so it would be redundant to add it.

It's not redundant when 2 of those ways are meant for pretty much 100% of players of those specific modes, but the way for the most populated mode is meant for maybe 10% of its players (at best - nowadays probably even much lower than that). That means that most of the players of the biggest of 3 game modes (and a huge majority of all players across all 3 modes) are still not covered at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's not redundant when 2 of those ways are meant for pretty much 100% of players of those specific modes, but the way for the most populated mode is meant for maybe 10% of its players (at best - nowadays probably even much lower than that). That means that most of the players of the biggest of 3 game modes (and a huge majority of all players across all 3 modes) are still not covered at all.

the ones who cant do the pve one can fail or win their way to wvw /spvp ones like everyone else.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

44 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

the ones who cant do the pve one can fail or win their way to wvw /spvp ones like everyone else.

While it is technically correct, it's really funny to hear you speak about "everyone else" while silently omitting that those "everyones" are a minority among the all players of this game.

Also, it does not change what i said in the slightest - that it's not redundant to add a new acquisition method for PvE, because the current method is not meant for most of PvE players at all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Just add the skinless legendary armor version to the general ow pve with extensive timegate, so these qq threads can finally stop, jesus. 

I really don't understand what's stopping pve players to farm wvw armor by just killing sentries and capturing camps, pve at its best, but whatever.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

While it is technically correct, it's really funny to hear you speak about "everyone else" while silently omitting that those "everyones" are a minority among the all players of this game.

Also, it does not change what i said in the slightest - that it's not redundant to add a new acquisition method for PvE, because the current method is not meant for most of PvE players at all.

I want another route for Infusion like chak, piniata, bee quen ect. because i don't think most opf PVE-Players are able to aquire the money to get them, or the time and luck to play the game 24/7 to eventually drop them.

I want another way to aquire WVW- and PVP-Skins as most PVE-Players(here in the forum) hate these content, as we all know and have NO way to get these things.

There are ton of stuff, what the normal pve-player don't get, and?

I mean, what will happen when anet puts the Legy amor, behind Strike CM's or Fractal CM's. Or when anet puts the legy on a year-long OW-Journey, where they can require the Armor.

Sorry, but I doubt that the people who always complain here do so because content is not available for them. They do it because they have to put work and time into it. And if anet decides to give away the legy-amor in pve for free, it just shows how far we have come with our "great" community ...

No one needs Legy-amor. The same as every pve-player says to wvw- and pvp'ler that you don't need a legy-weapon and so, theres no need for a change. Its just a skin, and 2 luxury gimmicks.
And let's just jump on the bandwagon, what would that mean economically for GW2.
Imagine everyone gets Legy armor thrown at them. Then anet would have created 2 armor types that are completely useless and I bet the screaming of the casuals here in the forum would be the biggest, what they should do with asc-gear when they drop something because they have lgey gear.

"I rather want anet to focus their recourses on other things"
As new skins, and actually fun achievments for story and co.

When you don't have the time or skill, just buy the legy amour. Its the same, as if anet put an pve-way in, where you have to spend thousands of gold and thousands of hours in. This strategy can you not only use at the gemstore. Just farm gold and buy it. Or, buy gold with money and buy it. And then you can do the pve-stuff yourself. There is your OW-Legy.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

When you don't have the time or skill, just buy the legy amour. Its the same, as if anet put an pve-way in, where you have to spend thousands of gold and thousands of hours in. This strategy can you not only use at the gemstore. Just farm gold and buy it. Or, buy gold with money and buy it. And then you can do the pve-stuff yourself. There is your OW-Legy.

Speaking hypothetically here .

If the 1x LI from the MC Strikes , dont entice the new gamers( not the already playing ..they have made their decision)

to buy HoT and and then get into Raids  , then the company is not obliged to release new Raids right ?

(edit: (in the other hand creating a subdevision of LI (10x RI=1x LI) can be used to "must-be-saved-contents" across the expanions like DragonStand)

How about , we continue your proposal :

And if people  wants still "Raids" (which will locked behind HoT and in our hearts) ,  they  have to propose  a payment system to fund themselfs   (in case they dont like the Armory)?
And then the casuals should pay gold to the Raiders to be carried in those newly  Raids?

That way, every1 makes money and every1 is happy

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Speaking hypothetically here .

If the 1x LI from the MC Strikes , dont entice the new gamers( not the already playing ..they have made their decision)

to buy HoT and and then get into Raids  , then the company is not obliged to release new Raids right ?

How about , we continue your proposal :

And if people  wants still "Raids" (which will locked behind HoT and in our hearts) ,  they  have to propose  a payment system to fund themselfs   (in case they dont like the Armory)?
And then the casuals should pay gold to the Raiders to be carried in those newly  Raids?

That way, every1 makes money and every1 is happy

You are aware that the things I wrote 1 to 1 are the things that so-called casuals, who are "excluded" from the raids aka astralporing and so on, say again and again?

I have only turned the tables. I know having to eat his own medicine is hard.

I personally have nothing against it if anet makes legy armor also accessible to fractals and strikes.

As Kondor, i said severel times, i wish anet would just give away the legy amour like they did with the amulette. So this threads can finaly stop.

Correct me if I misunderstood your comment and you didn't mean it sarcastically.

My comment was in any case sarcastic. Because, even if anet gives away legy amour, people would still hate on Raids and so called elites. Its just the nature of this forum, i learned.

Heck, people even mimi about the free amulete, because its to HARD to aquire xD.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I want another route for Infusion like chak, piniata, bee quen ect. because i don't think most opf PVE-Players are able to aquire the money to get them, or the time and luck to play the game 24/7 to eventually drop them.

Well, yeah, the droprates on those are ridiculously low. At least they are directly tradable, but that doesn't really help that much when the supply is so tiny.

I want another way to aquire WVW- and PVP-Skins as most PVE-Players(here in the forum) hate these content, as we all know and have NO way to get these things.

Then go ahead and make a thread about it. You can bet i won't be there arguing against you. (hint: if you were to make a thread about making some things more available for WvW/SPvP players, i would not be there arguing against you either. I don't base my idea of "fun" around preventing other players from enjoying the game the way they want)

There are ton of stuff, what the normal pve-player don't get, and?

So, your "argument" is based on you personally not caring about it? Good for you, i guess.

I mean, what will happen when anet puts the Legy amor, behind Strike CM's or Fractal CM's.

The same as how it ended with raids, obviously - but you already know that.

Or when anet puts the legy on a year-long OW-Journey, where they can require the Armor.

Year-long journey? I'd be fine with that. I'd definitely expect it to take several months, with timegates on the way at least. I know many PvE players would be fine with it as well. I mean, for most players obtaining any legendary is a lengthy journey already. It's just the relative minority that think it'somehow so easy you can get one by snapping your fingers.

Sorry, but I doubt that the people who always complain here do so because content is not available for them.

Then you are right. I'm not complaining because the content is not available to me (it is available - i already farmed my envoy sets - i just found it to be extremely unpleasant, and something that significantly decreased my enjoyment of the game). I am complaining because it is locked behind a content that for most players of this game is the opposite of fun.

They do it because they have to put work and time into it.

It's not about the amount of work - more like about the nature of that work.

And if anet decides to give away the legy-amor in pve for free, it just shows how far we have come with our "great" community ...

"for free", is it now, huh? I guess you did not actually bother to read this thread at all? Or was that an intentional strawman?

No one needs Legy-amor.

Indeed. Noone. Not OW-players, nor Raiders, WvWers, SPvPers... Like i mentioned already in this very thread (and more than once), Legendary gear was always a matter of "want", not "need".

The same as every pve-player says to wvw- and pvp'ler that you don't need a legy-weapon and so, theres no need for a change. Its just a skin, and 2 luxury gimmicks.

Actually, most of the time an idea of adding more legendaries to WvW/SPvP is added, most of the PvE players are either supportive or at worst indifferent. It's the PvE hardcore crowd that is primarily opposed to this.

And let's just jump on the bandwagon, what would that mean economically for GW2.
Imagine everyone gets Legy armor thrown at them.

...yeah, imagine a strawman. Why would i do that?

(see my earlier comment about giving the armor "for free")

Then anet would have created 2 armor types that are completely useless and I bet the screaming of the casuals here in the forum would be the biggest, what they should do with asc-gear when they drop something because they have lgey gear.

nah. Those were raiders.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It is redundant, since it's an equivalent of end-game gear, except in this case it doesn't provide any real numerical advantage, so if someone doesn't want to improve and go for it, they're still perfectly fine with making that choice and staying with ascended gear. PvE has these requirements (as in "success required for the reward"), because of the controlled, stable co-operative environment it is in. It's also far below some "perfection" level, so most people should still be able to improve if they actually wanted to. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

22 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

the way for the most populated mode is meant for maybe 10% of its players (at best - nowadays probably even much lower than that). That means that most of the players of the biggest of 3 game modes (and a huge majority of all players across all 3 modes) are still not covered at all.

I'm curious to hear what Arenanet has in mind for how they want Strikes to function. Are they meant to serve as a raiding 'lite' version that is made to ease people into doing raids? Or is this meant to be the new end game moving forward, period. Personally I think the latter is the most likely, in which case there should be a means of obtaining Legendary quality armor to people that play Strikes regularly then.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but are Strikes also going to give players Legendary Insights? 

44 minutes ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Are they meant to serve as a raiding 'lite' version that is made to ease people into doing raids?

It's pretty obvious at this point. Raids died for the sake of strikes. And removing MCs from fractal CMs has pushed them to their doom. My guess is they also got shot to encourage players to do strikes. Now if you are more optimistic, you could expect them to introduce new replacement for fractals for 5 man content soon enough.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but are Strikes also going to give players Legendary Insights? 

Yes, but only CMs, and those are meant to be a replacement for Raids. The normal version will not get anything like that (or, at least, nothing we have heard about so far).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, but only CMs, and those are meant to be a replacement for Raids.

Well, I don't think you can get the armor collection with strikes, Raids are needed anyway... let's say that the new CM are additions to Raids, not a replacement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The normal version will not get anything like that

Not that this would have changed anything. The average player can't even deal with the IBS strikes, let alone the more mechanically demanding EoD ones. Story mode is also not going to help preparing people for the encounter either. The do it or death mechanics are most likely not going to be forced on the player like they would have to if they want it to be a learning experience and I also don't see them giving the rewards associated with EoD strikes meaning there is not going to be any replay value like there is for e.g. T1 fractals.

What's most likely going to happen is that people are going to bash through the story, try out some strikes (if even), get their head bashed in by the mechanics, get yelled at by other players depending on whether or not failing the mechanics is killing the group or just the individual and that's the end of that endeavor for the vast majority of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Not that this would have changed anything. The average player can't even deal with the IBS strikes, let alone the more mechanically demanding EoD ones. Story mode is also not going to help preparing people for the encounter either. The do it or death mechanics are most likely not going to be forced on the player like they would have to if they want it to be a learning experience and I also don't see them giving the rewards associated with EoD strikes meaning there is not going to be any replay value like there is for e.g. T1 fractals.

What's most likely going to happen is that people are going to bash through the story, try out some strikes (if even), get their head bashed in by the mechanics, get yelled at by other players depending on whether or not failing the mechanics is killing the group or just the individual and that's the end of that endeavor for the vast majority of them.

Pretty much, yes. They might pick up the easier of the strikes, but the breakpoint will likely be in the exact same place it always was. Strikes similar to Shiverpeaks, Kodans or Fraenir may end up being done, but those on the level of Whisper and Boneskinner (or higher) will be left mainly for raid crowd.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

They have said a few times that strikes are intended to get people into raids. They've said they're "stepping stones" for getting people into raiding.

And we already know how well did that work out. Sure, they may keep repeating the same mantra still, but i really doubt they truly expect it to work out in the future, when it did not so far. It's more likely they're using it now just as an argument to ease raiders into a new reality, in which Strike CMs will replace raids.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/18/2022 at 1:52 AM, rrusse.7058 said:

Of course not.

Legendary Strike Armor could very well be a thing, maybe if the content is popular, it actually will become a thing I assume. Since it would be a new thing, ANet would be free to make the recipe fit the content that you are playing. It should, however, be somewhat on par with the other legendary armors in cost and time required.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And we already know how well did that work out. Sure, they may keep repeating the same mantra still, but i really doubt they truly expect it to work out in the future, when it did not so far. It's more likely they're using it now just as an argument to ease raiders into a new reality, in which Strike CMs will replace raids.

I'm just the messenger.

Gear like Leg Armor are just carrots ... Anet puts carrots in the game to expand sustainability of content. The gear isn't the reason the content exists, it's just a consequence of doing the content. Sometimes those carrots don't work (like in Raids). Maybe Anet doesn't need to put the Leg Armor carrot in other places; we shouldn't assume their goal is to have everyone running around in Leg Armor. 

I'm reasonably confident that IF Strikes aren't going in the direction they want (because it looks to me like they are betting the farm on it) ... then there will be a Plan B implemented to allow people to obtain Leg Armor from Strikes (and not ONLY the CM's), EVEN if it didn't work to entice more people to raids. 

it's not a question of who needs or deserves it or whatever ... That's silly to think that way. It's about Anet having an asset in game that Anet can use to control player behaviour ... and it would be silly for them to ignore these assets should be used. Anet will populate content as they see fit to encourage players to do things.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5