Remember how the PVP scene is right now, when EoD drops.

6 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Yep.

Mesmer will be the uber  toober broke after class.

First silhouette...lmao...gon a have the most development time.

Probably giving war pistols and thief a warhorn xd

Mesmer elite will end up being another Mirage, broken OP for several months then nerfed gradually to current Mirage levels but yes...without any doubts the mesmer elite will be broken OP at launch and for a year after....as for tradition since HoT 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

there will be the first glorious few weeks of chaos, before everything except bunkers gets nerfed to the ground.

but after that the boring condibunker meta continues.

its power bunker meta, to the point where even scourges run power.
stop with the condi hate

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its power bunker meta, to the point where even scourges run power.
stop with the condi hate

The new starting meta of the expac is conditions, cause they slap something like 10 stacks of something on one attack with the new specks, it is not actually condi meta per say it is more bug / overtune meta and the usual suspects are the new necro or mesmer specks.

FEAR THE SCOURGE 2.0.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The new starting meta of the expac is conditions, cause they slap something like 10 stacks of something on one attack with the new specks, it is not actually condi meta per say it is more bug / overtune meta and the usual suspects are the new necro or mesmer specks.

FEAR THE SCOURGE 2.0.

I name it how I see it, every meta abuse spec is power to the point of kittening scourge taking power amulet, and some people hate conditions so much they will convince themselves that it is condi meta. Whatevs.
EoD will probably introduce loads of broken kitten all around, cant wait to see new 1shot kitten power builds along with broken bunkers. And OFC new alacrity guard, we cant live without that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I name it how I see it, every meta abuse spec is power to the point of kittening scourge taking power amulet, and some people hate conditions so much they will convince themselves that it is condi meta. Whatevs.
EoD will probably introduce loads of broken kitten all around, cant wait to see new 1shot kitten power builds along with broken bunkers. And OFC new alacrity guard, we cant live without that.

Better yet, Boon strip guards. Or both! Then you can rly play any content type with just guards! 

2 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

No one likes condition meta for the simple reason that meta condition builds usually rely on overloading constantly people with offensive and defensive conditions, and it slows down everything and are usually tanked up to win with attrition and if you are doing that you are most probably playing some type of bunker. Scourge might be using power amulet but the main source of pressure comes from all the cc conditions it has, since it was supposed to be condition/support kitten, Aremanet could have made condition based attacks not have big or bigger power coefficients than just power attacks but it is what it is. The problem is that you either have enough condition management and win or don't and die . Sorry but conditions and boons are not well designed with the whole minimalistic UI, bartending the small icons on the menu is not great gameplay when you have to concentrate on several people casting spells that you need to dodge. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Better yet, Boon strip guards. Or both! Then you can rly play any content type with just guards! 

Give it also better thief shorbow so guard can zip zap around the map and lets be done with it, lets have full guard teams. 

22 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

No one likes condition meta for the simple reason that meta condition builds usually rely on overloading constantly people with offensive and defensive conditions, and it slows down everything and are usually tanked up to win with attrition and if you are doing that you are most probably playing some type of bunker. Scourge might be using power amulet but the main source of pressure comes from all the cc conditions it has, since it was supposed to be condition/support kitten, Aremanet could have made condition based attacks not have big or bigger power coefficients than just power attacks but it is what it is. The problem is that you either have enough condition management and win or don't and die . Sorry but conditions and boons are not well designed with the whole minimalistic UI, bartending the small icons on the menu is not great gameplay when you have to concentrate on several people casting spells that you need to dodge. 

I dont think so. I think power damage is kitten, as it promotes bursts, 1shots, lack of counterplay and is stat-check heavy.
For every ( I need condi cleanse against condi build ) you will have 10x the ( I need toughness and protection against power build )
Add in rng, where the same skill can hit for 15k or 3k ( hurr durr rng crit, rng weakness ) and you have a mess.
Almost all power meta had kitten level of builds that could chunk AT LEAST 70% of people's HP almost instantly or from stealth, on low cd-s to boot. And god forbid you dont have loads of toughness or near permanent protection, I still remember getting hit for 15k by nades holo with their healing skill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I dont think so. I think power damage is kitten, as it promotes bursts, 1shots, lack of counterplay and is stat-check heavy.
For every ( I need condi cleanse against condi build ) you will have 10x the ( I need toughness and protection against power build )
Add in rng, where the same skill can hit for 15k or 3k ( hurr durr rng crit, rng weakness ) and you have a mess.
Almost all power meta had kitten level of builds that could chunk AT LEAST 70% of people's HP almost instantly or from stealth, on low cd-s to boot. And god forbid you dont have loads of toughness or near permanent protection, I still remember getting hit for 15k by nades holo with their healing skill.

Power damage is the default across all games, big power skills generally have big telegraph, people can guess that getting hit by a big kitten stick is bad, but can't tell how much time they can spend in the fart cloud when it lingers for long time. Conditions are less intuitive some you can feel instantly some you can't till its too late. 

Stealth kind of falls into the kitten boon category for me and stealth burst can also work with conditions if we take thief for example so it is broader problem not reserved for strike damage.

Also you use example of Grenades witch are condition heavy kit with kitten tell and high power scaling (well before), which adds to my point that condition skills have bad tells, most of the time you can tell which power skill smorked you and with conditions you can only guess which skill grazed you little bit and now you have dysentery, I'm pretty sure people didn't know where the burns came from burn guard(and burn guards didn't either)

For the one shots I still remember how mirage oneshotting people for pressing their cleanse skill (they had to change that MF confusion to not activate on cleanse skill use) and having confusion and torment stacks that made you unable to walk or press skills, amazing gameplay right there, or scrouge players making videos on which skills to dodge and you sit there looking at screen full of fart clouds. POF expansion 5/7.

Notice that when some power specks overperforms people instantly see which skill dropped their kitten, so they say this does do too much damage and arenanet decides to touch it or not, but when we go to the condition builds it is always the full build or speck.

I personally dislike conditions or more precisely the skills they come from, they always feel overloaded to me at least.          

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Power damage is the default across all games, big power skills generally have big telegraph, people can guess that getting hit by a big kitten stick is bad, but can't tell how much time they can spend in the fart cloud when it lingers for long time. Conditions are less intuitive some you can feel instantly some you can't till its too late. 

Stealth kind of falls into the kitten boon category for me and stealth burst can also work with conditions if we take thief for example so it is broader problem not reserved for strike damage.

Also you use example of Grenades witch are condition heavy kit with kitten tell and high power scaling (well before), which adds to my point that condition skills have bad tells, most of the time you can tell which power skill smorked you and with conditions you can only guess which skill grazed you little bit and now you have dysentery, I'm pretty sure people didn't know where the burns came from burn guard(and burn guards didn't either)

For the one shots I still remember how mirage oneshotting people for pressing their cleanse skill (they had to change that MF confusion to not activate on cleanse skill use) and having confusion and torment stacks that made you unable to walk or press skills, amazing gameplay right there, or scrouge players making videos on which skills to dodge and you sit there looking at screen full of fart clouds. POF expansion 5/7.

Notice that when some power specks overperforms people instantly see which skill dropped their kitten, so they say this does do too much damage and arenanet decides to touch it or not, but when we go to the condition builds it is always the full build or speck.

I personally dislike conditions or more precisely the skills they come from, they always feel overloaded to me at least.          

power has stupid RNG, kitten tells, instant damage, relies on burst/1shots, and the only counter to power is having enough toughness, and you almost always reach a point where you can face-tank the damage anyways.
Gradually taking someone down as is case with conditions is much better then spamming CC, and 1shoting when it lands.
Why do you think its bunker meta still? because kitten like nades holo, power herald/renegade will STILL 1shot you if you dont take touguness/hp/protection. THIS is the issue with power.
1 Its rng as kitten
2 Its bursty/1shoty as kitten
3 Its a stat-check heavy.
Fighting LR weaver on slb I had maul hit for both 14k and 2,5k during a 1v1, which is kitten as fights should never come to dice-roll but in the power builds it always will, Ironically its the conditions that have % to chance traits but its power that relies on RNG to do its thing.
And when it comes to condi hate, its always the same. People are biased as kitten, and instead off blaming the right thing ( like in the posts before ) they blame all condi. Burn guard op? nerf all burning! 
Imagine if the same stupid bias approach was to all power things, oh no nades holo OP, lets nerf all power builds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

power has stupid RNG, kitten tells, instant damage, relies on burst/1shots, and the only counter to power is having enough toughness, and you almost always reach a point where you can face-tank the damage anyways.
Gradually taking someone down as is case with conditions is much better then spamming CC, and 1shoting when it lands.
Why do you think its bunker meta still? because kitten like nades holo, power herald/renegade will STILL 1shot you if you dont take touguness/hp/protection. THIS is the issue with power.
1 Its rng as kitten
2 Its bursty/1shoty as kitten
3 Its a stat-check heavy.
Fighting LR weaver on slb I had maul hit for both 14k and 2,5k during a 1v1, which is kitten as fights should never come to dice-roll but in the power builds it always will, Ironically its the conditions that have % to chance traits but its power that relies on RNG to do its thing.
And when it comes to condi hate, its always the same. People are biased as kitten, and instead off blaming the right thing ( like in the posts before ) they blame all condi. Burn guard op? nerf all burning! 
Imagine if the same stupid bias approach was to all power things, oh no nades holo OP, lets nerf all power builds.

The rng comes to investment, that is the drawback to power, you can actually cap to 100% crit but it is generally losing allot of defensives, so you oneshot but the average bruiser can slap it to death, one shot builds are not that big of issue these days, the big Ks don't come all the time, they are usually reserved to a damage combo that has at least one utility in there and that usually can be countered by expecting it and pressing dodge, since it is usually one skill, that is the whole outplay, the Mexican standoff, who will make the wrong step. You can take as an example Signet Berserker, it can oneshot anything but it is minuteman, so every one minute it can attempt it and if it fails it dies, that is why no one playing it. The issue with one shots comes when the one shoty speck can survive, it happens when they mess up the balance.

Condition designed specks remind me of League of Legends overdesigning, no one knows what the new champs do, you open the skills see that it has 3 page essay on every skill and go play Nasus or Garen. There isn't that feel of the guy missing his big skill and you can push in with conditions builds, and the best strategy is to tank it do enough damage and wait to have enough stacks on you and just use cleanse to maximum value.

I still think they went in the wrong direction with Expertise, they should have added Berserker and Marauder versions for conditions and to pull the big deeps you sac defense(of course with some balance changes to push you to want to pick the dps amulets), but they went with Carrion and basically turned condi specks into flying bricks.

I'm not sure but I don't think Arenanet knows what it wants from conditions, is it slow dot or burst damage, if it is burst why it can be stacked every 10 seconds, if it is dot why are stacking 7 different conditions in one skill, is it a tank or a damage dealer, what is their purpose?                       

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The rng comes to investment, that is the drawback to power, you can actually cap to 100% crit but it is generally losing allot of defensives, so you oneshot but the average bruiser can slap it to death, one shot builds are not that big of issue these days, the big Ks don't come all the time, they are usually reserved to a damage combo that has at least one utility in there and that usually can be countered by expecting it and pressing dodge, since it is usually one skill, that is the whole outplay, the Mexican standoff, who will make the wrong step. You can take as an example Signet Berserker, it can oneshot anything but it is minuteman, so every one minute it can attempt it and if it fails it dies, that is why no one playing it. The issue with one shots comes when the one shoty speck can survive, it happens when they mess up the balance.

Condition designed specks remind me of League of Legends overdesigning, no one knows what the new champs do, you open the skills see that it has 3 page essay on every skill and go play Nasus or Garen. There isn't that feel of the guy missing his big skill and you can push in with conditions builds, and the best strategy is to tank it do enough damage and wait to have enough stacks on you and just use cleanse to maximum value.

I still think they went in the wrong direction with Expertise, they should have added Berserker and Marauder versions for conditions and to pull the big deeps you sac defense(of course with some balance changes to push you to want to pick the dps amulets), but they went with Carrion and basically turned condi specks into flying bricks.

I'm not sure but I don't think Arenanet knows what it wants from conditions, is it slow dot or burst damage, if it is burst why it can be stacked every 10 seconds, if it is dot why are stacking 7 different conditions in one skill, is it a tank or a damage dealer, what is their purpose?                       

Personally I liked the pre-feb type of conditions.
1 Damage was spread over longet time ( expertise )
2 No instant damage due to low power.
Now we have everyone running either carrion ( decent instant damage ) or rabid ( 900 toughness amulet )
Despite playing condi build, as soulbeast I still often see crits close to 3k damage.
BTW even with 100% crit ( I run such a build ) rng is still there, I had a maul fail to crit with 99,7% chance, and I had weakness turn 15k crit into 3k crit. rng is a kitten

Personally I liked the pre-feb type of conditions.
1 Damage was spread over longet time ( expertise )
2 No instant damage due to low power.
Now we have everyone running either carrion ( decent instant damage ) or rabid ( 900 toughness amulet )
Despite playing condi build, as soulbeast I still often see crits close to 3k damage.
BTW even with 100% crit ( I run such a build ) rng is still there, I had a maul fail to crit with 99,7% chance, and I had weakness turn 15k crit into 3k crit. rng is a kitten

Weakness should probably just be you do no crits. 

The crit rng is keeping power in check, if crit wasn't important everyone would be running Carrion, it is the measure that keeps you thinking should you get more defense or more damage, maybe even condition skill should have gotten more look into crit chance like the condi crit traits and maybe some condi skill could have been crit reliant  like if you crit you get extra stack or something . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Weakness should probably just be you do no crits. 

The crit rng is keeping power in check, if crit wasn't important everyone would be running Carrion, it is the measure that keeps you thinking should you get more defense or more damage, maybe even condition skill should have gotten more look into crit chance like the condi crit traits and maybe some condi skill could have been crit reliant  like if you crit you get extra stack or something . 

I think crit is outdated concept that has no place in pvp games, its just pointless RNG
The only place it has is pve as a flavor, but there everyone has 100% crit chance anyways

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I think crit is outdated concept that has no place in pvp games, its just pointless RNG
The only place it has is pve as a flavor, but there everyone has 100% crit chance anyways

Dude, just no. The whole stat system goes in the garbage bin like that. 

• Like 1