Pistol elite?

Anchoku.8142

1 hour ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Ranger uses the green theme as well, could be ranger elite or necro. Either way, I just want to see what it can do.

One good point thought of this one too. Let me make a point: The hat that the asuran wearing looks like a medium armor hat to mee.

8 hours ago, Lily.1935 said:

The asura is also holding something in his offhand. Likely an elixir, however it could be something else. Its probably nothing but I figured I'd point that out.

As for lore, there's a lot they could pull from. From Demon summoning to the tentacle monstrosities from the deep. But from what it looks like in the preview it looks pretty balk standard Plague doctor which is honestly a major disappointment to be perfectly honest. No eldritch horror.

Im curious as well.

From the colours I'm guessing we will get a bit of a jade tech infused elite.

But something suspicious is definitely the other weapon that character seems to be holding.

Well to me it seemed like the Mesmer was holding two daggers, it is confirmed that it only gets Mainhand.

But the necro has a green glow like it's holding a second weapon. But how the character holds that weapon is really sus.

It seems like a torch or mace to me.

And they said, that they were going to break their own rules.

So do we get pistol/mace?

10 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Not getting a good vibe from the pistol ... we don't lack for a midrange projectile weapon though I suspect the choice was driven purely by theme. Hopefully they add it ALSO as an off hand like they did with dagger on Spellbreaker so we get some variety. 

Necro has a midrange projectile weapon? 

What am I forgetting here? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Doni.3402 said:

I really hoped for Ritualist as elite spec for the Necro. With a ritual sword as weapon.

I can't think of any other existing profession which will fit a Ritualist elite spec lore and theme wise better than the necro.

Yes the Revenant also channels his power from the mists and they also wear blindfolds but Revenants are Fighters with heavy armor, no scholars.

That was also true for Monks, but then they basically became armored Guardians with Paragon training. 

• Like 1

Mh only is very disappointing. What are you supposed to pair it with? Since they changed all dmg to lifesteal all necro offhand skills became useless. Lowering your damage if you dared to use them.

So if its going to be power this leaves necro with 3 pistol skills. Dagger is used almost exclusively for aa and axe has just one decent skill since the aa is atrocious.

So how is this spec going to work if its power? It needs a kit like reaper or holo forge just to function. Condi would be even weirder because scourge is already a very overloaded condi spec.

Unless the utilities or profession mechanic are kits this looks like a huge letdown just because of the profession weapon alone. Core necro weapon are just incredible bad in pve. The lifeforce change on offhands killed power damage and gameplay.

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Necro has a midrange projectile weapon? 

What am I forgetting here? 

Axe, Scepter ... technically not 'projectiles' I guess. I don't think that aspect really matters. I just don't see how a pistol doesn't tread on both of those to some extend. One is the extreme of direct DPS, the other is condi. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Axe, Scepter ... technically not 'projectiles' I guess. I don't think that aspect really matters. I just don't see how a pistol doesn't tread on both of those to some extend. One is the extreme of direct DPS, the other is condi. 

In PvP and Wvw, a skill being a projectile is a huge deal. 

• Like 3

If that really is an elixir or grenade of some sort I’m going to guess it’s called “alchemist”. It would also make sense with the pistol as gunpowder kinda falls under alchemy. Maybe the shroud is some kind of mutagen or elixir that makes change forms. 

Just throwing out some ideas here but what if they pistol is some kind of main hand support gun that blasts heals and shields (kind of like a elixir plague master spec) until you go in shroud then it is some kind of blunderbuss style that does heavy mid range aoe damage or some kind of cc? That would be interesting and would open up for a few different build possibilities. It definitely is a main hand pistol asura the pose is identical after affect following main hand pistol shot pose. Logged on to my engi and threw some pistols to verify.

• Like 1