"This serial code has already been applied to your account."

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just wondering....

If the currency exchange had been in your favor, would it still be a 'scam'? 

To be honest, this is the reason why I feel the system to be outdated.
It fluctuates so badly that it is impossible to sort an equilibrium.

But in that sense, refund the price of the paid item that was not delivered that was paid by the person at the time.
Consider it like the amount for both side to be in limbo until completion on both sides.

In this specific turn of event on my end was proven that it could be a Scam.
I don't say in every case would be like this.
But you should at this point talk with the CS Rep to see if you would get you whole money back from a refund to be honored or if it is best to let it sit, although the problem does still reside and there is no communicated progression on it.

The reason why I pointed it out, is because the Representative only laid the facts that I would get a full refund. 
But later I found out that I was hit by a clear off of $5 CDN on the result; which if I had known ahead would not have pulled the second attempt to attempt another method, nor the refund trigger in that case.
It was meant as a warning that it is POSSIBLE that this kind of case could also happen to you.

Edited by WyvrnRipsnarl.5918
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JamiousDaywalker.2496 said:

Reading some of these comments makes me laugh how self entitled, self righteous,  some of you are, there's an issue with a few players.....obviously in the current climate Anet like 99% of companies have had/continue to have reduced staffing. We all pre ordered EoD because we are greedy n wanted all those little extra things now.....which none of them effect our ability to play the game. Some of you need to show some a bit of patience, understanding and just attitude. So what there's an issue, will I get my account upgraded to the new expansion n the extras thing included at some point? Yes/ Hopefully, will I continue playing while waiting? Yes. Am I in no rush for any of those things? No I'm not, a few would have been nice (I was tempted to boost a new alt and kit it out, but I'm happy to have something to look forward too) remember guys, you aren't the only one playing, there's millions of others too.

How is it self titled and self righteous getting something that you paid for? You buy a brand spanking new car you've had your eyes set on and it's missing and integral part that makes it work, and all you get response from the dealership " we're looking into it." would be nice if it all came instantly, Im still waiting for my brick buy of an expac to get fixed.

Edited by steve.2945
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, steve.2945 said:

How is it self titled and self righteous getting something that you paid for? You buy a brand spanking new car you've had your eyes set on and it's missing and integral part that makes it work, and all you get response from the dealership " we're looking into it." and thats it. I bet you'll be mad too.

How do the lvl 80 boost make expansion we dont even have yet not work tho?

Imo they should just ship out the boost at release of expansion.

A support agent was kind enough to take the time to respond to my (probably annoying) requests for an update on my ticket, here's what they said:

Hello there,

We apologize for the delayed response as we've been handling and receiving a high volume of tickets recently.

As of now, we're still currently investigating into how to resolve this issue. 

We're working on finding a solution to your issue. Rest assured that we'll get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Beagles
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

Not much more than the usual "we're working on it", but I thought I'd share in case anyone else is feeling as in the dark about this as I was. Any info is better than none, I guess.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

What do you want them to say, still working on it?

Yes, actually. 

It's been 7 days. A simple "Hey, we haven't forgotten about your ticket, we're still working through the issue" would not only reassure customers, but show a certain care.

With that said I'm puzzled about their approach. Couldn't they simply give us a working code and cancel the previous serial?

Edited by NickChabby.8907

What I'm wondering, right now, is why they can't just give a proper code to the ones who had the issue ?

Couldn't it be that simple ?

Just a naïve question. I'm not a programer/dev at all, so I just don't know if it's possible to "erase" the bad code we received and give us a new "good" one.

8 minutes ago, MornJack.3579 said:

What I'm wondering, right now, is why they can't just give a proper code to the ones who had the issue ?

Just a naïve question. I'm not a programer/dev at all, so I just don't know if it's possible to "erase" the bad code we received and give us a new "good" one.

Or manually activate it for those that have proof of purchase.

21 minutes ago, MornJack.3579 said:

In the defense of the Devs, I can understand that if they already have Physical Codes Shipped that could be an issue.

However...

13 minutes ago, steve.2945 said:

Or manually activate it for those that have proof of purchase.

I find it hard that this was not looked upon to begin with... It is a Simple solution as they also ask our Serial when submitting the Customer Support, it should "in currently understood explanation" not be a problem to do.
If this isn't a possible solution they should at least express it, because it sounds as the path to least resistance for that issue. And would be the more courtesy thing to do.

I'm having the same problem, bought the EoD Ultimate Saturday but didn't receive anything yet, and on the website the expansion insn't set as "Active" like the others.
Saw in the support page that it's a know issue so I didn't even bothered to send a ticket.

From a recent twitter post, it seems that the Level 80 Boost issue is resolved now, but it doesn't look like it hast anything to do with the Code issue we're having.

So, we can only wait, I guess

3 minutes ago, OROBORO.5680 said:

I'm having the same problem, bought the EoD Ultimate Saturday but didn't receive anything yet, and on the website the expansion insn't set as "Active" like the others.
Saw in the support page that it's a know issue so I didn't even bothered to send a ticket.

From a recent twitter post, it seems that the Level 80 Boost issue is resolved now, but it doesn't look like it hast anything to do with the Code issue we're having.

So, we can only wait, I guess

Yep,
In a way we have been patient, and we will continue to be.
It is still to a few lesssons learned for the Devs are:
- It has caused quite a bumpy launch for us,
and also:
- That the Preorders were not ready to be launched when they did.

The Lesson WE have to learn is to not press that Pre-Order Button so quick next time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's odd, as it worked perfectly fine for many of us.  Not sure what happened for those experiencing this issue. 

I have no idea, I bought ultimate edition and it got bricked, got a refund..bought delux edition and it happened again, so it might be a handful of accounts that may be an outlier.

3 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I just received an update on this issue! I'm sorry you've all had to wait on this, but it sounds like we've tracked down the problem with the affected accounts and are currently testing a fix. We will have it to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you for the update!

13 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I just received an update on this issue! I'm sorry you've all had to wait on this, but it sounds like we've tracked down the problem with the affected accounts and are currently testing a fix. We will have it to you as soon as possible. 

Hurrah!

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I'm hoping for more details about what went wrong, but I'm eager to have a resolve soon. These 7-8 days have felt long.

Knowing that such a major bug exists at all has been a major deterrent for buying the EoD pre-order, even though it is definitely in the plans for the nearest possible future.

Factoring in no one outside of the devs yet knowing what the actual bug is, combined with the fact that there's a weird thing with the in-game EoD pre-order page where if you play on the NA servers from, say, the EU, it doesn't display the Ultimate edition for availability at all, but buries it, rendering it unreachable due to the little in-game window not having an option to scroll down, beneath the Standard edition for USD, Standard edition for EUR, and Deluxe edition for EUR... it makes you very wary.

But! It's very good to see that such a major issue is definitely not being neglected or forgotten. Here's hoping for everyone's problems to be resolved, and hopefully for the prevention of said problems' re-occurrence!

21 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's odd, as it worked perfectly fine for many of us.  Not sure what happened for those experiencing this issue. 

I bought 2 expansions.. one for my main account via the web page, everything went fine, I applied the code on the web page and received my items.

A day later I purchased it for my alt account and got the error with the code (and before you ask, no I was not trying to apply the code to my main account). 

So it's definitely something strange going on, that it should work fine for one account, but not on another. 

I hope the fix comes through soon. 

6 minutes ago, wheelsonheels.1937 said:

I bought 2 expansions.. one for my main account via the web page, everything went fine, I applied the code on the web page and received my items.

A day later I purchased it for my alt account and got the error with the code (and before you ask, no I was not trying to apply the code to my main account). 

So it's definitely something strange going on, that it should work fine for one account, but not on another. 

I hope the fix comes through soon. 

Yes, the Devs stated less than 24 hours ago that the fix was coming asap.

Really hope this get fixing soon. Since the other bug have been fixed. Really don't understand, it just requires a working activation code, no? That_shaman didn't have any activation code at all and received a working one rapidly.

Maybe it is deeper code / generation bug in the website or it appeared after that_shaman received it, but while this is investigated, can't a new, working code, be generated and sent to each player? 

No knowledge of informatics, so can't speculate more sadly, but good luck to the devs to fix it.

Edited by hugo.4705

2 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Really hope this get fixing soon. Since the other bug have been fixed. Really don't understand, it just requires a working activation code, no? That_shaman didn't have any activation code at all and received a working one rapidly.

Maybe it is deeper code / generation bug in the website or it appeared after that_shaman received it, but while this is investigated, can't a new, working code, be generated and sent to each player? 

No knowledge of informatics, so can't speculate more sadly, but good luck to the devs to fix it.

Perhaps it would be a lot of work to hunt down each individual code that was not working and disable it permanently.  Because fixing the issue for the existing codes takes care of everyone, including those that have not submitted a ticket.  Creates a lot less work for the CS Team/studio. 

16 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Perhaps it would be a lot of work to hunt down each individual code that was not working and disable it permanently.  Because fixing the issue for the existing codes takes care of everyone, including those that have not submitted a ticket.  Creates a lot less work for the CS Team/studio. 

It’s not mutually exclusive though. They could have still addressed tickets manually (by providing a working serial) while working for a wider solution all at once.

Because by focusing on fixing the problem first, it comes at the cost of making everyone waits for both the product they paid for and updates about the situation until the fix is done, tested and ready. Unless of course they couldn’t even come up with functional serials to begin with which would be worrisome.

Edited by NickChabby.8907