Taking a quick poll

Support Warrior?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many warrior mains actually want to have the new specialization focused around support?

• Yes, it makes sense for warriors to be less selfish in playstyle and become more team orientated.
    • Nah dawg, warriors are meant for fighting not hand holding. Give me power.

5 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

You guys want yet another melee bruiser spec, just with a fresh coat of paint on it? 

What can this theoretical espec do that buffs to Berserker/Spellbreaker can't then? 

only thing left to me is transforming into kung-fu panda, punch things,  leap tummy bomb,  f2 for rolling down the slope.

switch back to banner berserker before raiding. 

26 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Not wanting a 'support' focused espec does not mean people don't want what you are saying here. There isn't any reason another espec can't facilitate new playstyles for warrior AND not be a support focused toolset. 

The reverse is also true, a support focused spec will invariably be interpreted through the lens of the "Warrior" class, which is definitely not the healer people are imagining when they read "Support". 

That's not what the poll is actually asking though. It's asking for literally the concept of Berserker but in a different flavour. 

20 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

What I'm looking for is a duelist who can chase and break away of fights without the clunkiness of overreliance to GS as weapon, whilst being able to survive an enemy onslaught (Soulbeast, Daredevil style). Namely,

1) A weapon which allows for self-preservation in a fight (Staff gives enough space for, cleave skill, 1 cc, 1 mobility, 1 block/evade, 1 support oriented burst, 1 AoE cleave attack and a selection of Autos)

2) A burst mechanic which allows for fluid use of the original Tiered Bursts with no gimmicks or delayed response (Primal Bursts are T1, FC and SpB burst are T1, Berserk mode requires full 30 adrenaline to be used). 

3) A set of utilities aimed at helping warrior in some of the fields where it hurts, namely at least 1 good mobility skill, 1 decent cleanse, 3 good self-buff skills (boons, effects or multipliers, ideally something more than just might and something not restricted to singular attacks *cough* SBS *cough*) and a creative elite which can be used effectively and isn't a shadow of what it can be (Headbutt) or a meh option (RoS). 

Staff, Spectral skills Demonslayer warrior (headcanon intensifies) is my option, but aside my fantasies, any of my ideas getting implemented in some capacity will leave me happy. 

While I completely empathize and understand what you feel, half of what you say already exists, it's just that the core Warrior shell is garbage compared to other classes and you're hoping for an Espec to save it. Maybe if GS itself matched up to Ranger GS in terms of flexibility and fluidity, for example, you wouldn't be that unhappy with being forced to use it. That's identifiably a "core Warrior is trash" problem.

2 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

The reverse is also true, a support focused spec will invariably be interpreted through the lens of the "Warrior" class, which is definitely not the healer people are imagining when they read "Support". 

That's not what the poll is actually asking though. It's asking for literally the concept of Berserker but in a different flavour. 

While I completely empathize and understand what you feel, half of what you say already exists, it's just that the core Warrior shell is garbage compared to other classes and you're hoping for an Espec to save it. Maybe if GS itself matched up to Ranger GS in terms of flexibility and fluidity, for example, you wouldn't be that unhappy with being forced to use it. That's identifiably a "core Warrior is trash" problem.

And unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they are going to fix core any time soon, so please gimme a functional espec anet and then I'll consider giving you some expac money. Not that I care for 30 bucks for myself, when that's all I'll spend for the following months.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

And unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they are going to fix core any time soon, so please gimme a functional espec anet and then I'll consider giving you some expac money. Not that I care for 30 bucks for myself, when that's all I'll spend for the following months.. 

Exactly. People who main other classes don't understand how crippled warrior became (and for no good reason). And Anet might NEVER fix core warrior (Its been 10 years) so all we can do is ask for another offensive espec to give us back what we lost.

If we get an espec that looks like it was meant for guardian, I wouldn't spend $30 bucks on it neither.

Really liked DPS Warrior, really enjoyed playing a dps that can hold and not lose cap on sPvP 2015 before HoTs. So obviously I pick option 2.

But I don't mind support Warrior builds as well, it's just that ANET loves to pidgeonhole and I don't really have high hopes for the new expansion.

Support.

This is one of the big things that is lacking from warrior, giving might is a non buff nowadays since most classes can gain 25 stacks rather quickly. Warrior lacks an active buffing role, a role where you react to a situation, apply a buff to allies in reaction or before an event/attack.

I honestly believe this spec will be a mid ranger supporter, I believe hands down that its the swirling bullet. Why? Because this icon represents powering up and range. Theme wise its fitting... now bit of a curveball here, picture this, back in 2012 Anet made a joke of a class 'The commando' the class was 'heavy armour', what if Anet actually made this a legitamate elite spec for the warrior? Able to use pistols, buff / defend allies using 'tactics' as its new mechanic. Tactics being vague on purpose, some buffs, some actual summons like walls or 'bunkers' to lower damage while inside.   

Back on topic, I do believe support will be more engaging and enjoyable than just another DPS only spec. The class needs complexity to at least one of its specs.

Edited by Smoosh.2718

I strongly believe that complexity for the spec will come from its adrenaline management and burst mechanics, which frankly, is irrelevant to a support or dps role. 

Ofc I stand my case as a supporter of a new self-sustain quick duelist spec for Warr, as opposed to the raw hybrid DPS of Zerker, the bruiser/control nature of Spellbreaker and the tank/roamer nature of core. Ofc traits and skills mix the roles, but that's my personal rough view of them. 

I kinda hope for support warrior, since it will change the main mechanic and it wont be the variation of what we have right now, core, SB and berserker play the same with some different gimmick.

A support speck could also help spread out the all purpose traits and skills with low impact and actually make Elite specializations, specialize on something, like Reaper got to become AoE power speck after scourge got in the game( Even though scourge is still kitten, being support + high output condition dps).