Rev Spec in August Beta

Noktiel.9075

Dear ArenaNet,

I have just 2 wishes. Wish number 1, and this is the important one - please for the love of god let the next revenant elite spec be a power DPS spec using a greatsword. Wish number 2 please reveal it in the August Beta event. You see my birthday was on the 27th of July and I really hoped that the reveal of a power DPS GS wielding rev spec would be my present, and I don't mind if it comes a little bit late, but please let it be.

I've been waiting for it for years now, and I can only take it so much longer. I'm tired of arguing with strangers on the internet, so please just grant the release of knowing the truth. If I have to wait for  months to find out whether I can rest with ease or drown in sorrows, I'm going to go insane.

/dramaticPostOver

• Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Kanok.3027 said:

No to GS, yes to dual daggers, dual pistols or rifle. Pewpew through the mists!

I personally believe that revenant might get focus this time.

Also.... wasn't renegade already pew pew through the mist?

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

Just now, Kodama.6453 said:

I personally believe that revenant might get focus this time.

Yeah, I wouldn't count it out. Not sure how it would be utilized, but we'll see. Hoping for something interesting. I WAS going to say more useful than shield, but if you're doing an OW Condi Herald, shield helps against the really difficult content.

37 minutes ago, Kanok.3027 said:

No to GS, yes to dual daggers, dual pistols or rifle. Pewpew through the mists!

Dual sword and dual dagger is basically the same kitten just diff skin. Also dual wield animations in this game are garbage with olny one hand attacking and your second used for.. well no idea, decoration i suppose. Gs or no monies

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Kanok.3027 said:

They don't give Rev a GS, I'll pay for the ultimate edition to make up for the loss. 😁

Better prepare to buy many since most revs want greatsword. It is what it is. Then again if i were to come back id probably hope for warrior gs rework and never look at rev again after being so butchered

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Better prepare to buy many since some revs want greatsword. It is what it is. Then again if i were to come back id probably hope for warrior gs rework and never look at rev again after being so butchered

FTFY. I've seen far more people speak up saying they don't want it than those that do. Mind you, that's on the forums. I don't check the cesspool that is reddit. Still, be prepared as there is a good chance you will be disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well look at the weapons possible:

• Axe mainhand  (4 users +2 elite specs)
  • Dagger in either hand (4 users + 1 elite spec and mesmer EOD spec)
  • Mace offhand (3 users)
  • Pistols (3 users , plus 1 necro spec in EOD = 4)
  • Scepter (4 users)
  • Focus offhand (4 users)
  • Torch offhand (3 users + 2 elite specs)
  • Warhorn offhand (3 users + 1 elite spec)
  • Greatsword (4 users + 1 elite spec)
  • Longbow (2 users + 1 elite spec)
  • Rifle (2 users + 1 elite spec)

It could easily be something like scepter mainhand for a heal type support spec such that staff (melee ranged) isn't the only heal weapon. The only way something like mace offhand , focus , warhorn, or torch would even be remotely chosen is if they performed a support function as offhand axe and sword offhand do no support functions (shield does a bit).

Watch it be something completely off the wall like a rifle that shoots magic (spirit gun or something) seeing how necromancers supposedly received pistols. (Although mesmer did have offhand pistol.)

21 minutes ago, Datarus.9871 said:

Sorry for my bad English)

Scepter please (no e-spec use Scepter now).  With summoning e-spec (Rev have everithing except true summoning).

P.S. Please, just not the firearms or LB

Sceptre doesn't fit on rev. We only have sword MH + OH, Axe OH, Mace, MH, Hammer and Staff by default. Sceptre with sword or axe OH doesn't make any sense. Besides a revenant is supposed to be a mist warrior 

As for daggers, like some one already said its too close to sword/sword to be substantially different. Besides what we lack is power cleave weapon, and gs makes way more sense for that than daggers do. Lastly, just as many people use daggers as gs, so no - gs is not overused, last round of especs no one got gs, so this round rev should get gs as a kitten power cleave weapon it deserves. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kastiel.1947 said:

Sceptre doesn't fit on rev. We only have sword MH + OH, Axe OH, Mace, MH, Hammer and Staff by default. Sceptre with sword or axe OH doesn't make any sense. Besides a revenant is supposed to be a mist warrior 

As for daggers, like some one already said its too close to sword/sword to be substantially different. Besides what we lack is power cleave weapon, and gs makes way more sense for that than daggers do. Lastly, just as many people use daggers as gs, so no - gs is not overused, last round of especs no one got gs, so this round rev should get gs as a kitten power cleave weapon it deserves. 

GS as cleave weapon is very good too. I dont like daggers (we already have swords) and LB (we have shortbow/hammer as ragned). Firearms dont fit revenant class theme at all (in my opinion).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Sword autoattack maximises damage if it hits three targets on the third strike. Chilling Isolation still does more damage total if it hits more than one target, albeit not concentrated on one target. Shackling Wave actually has a stronger effect per target if you hit multiple targets. Vengeful Hammers hit everyone around you.

I'm not opposed to revenant greatsword, but there's plenty of power cleave there, it just might involve spending your energy a bit differently than you would if focusing a single target. So I really don't see any weight to the "it must be greatsword because power cleave is missing" argument. 

I'd really rather that ArenaNet chose a solid concept and the weapon is something that suits that concept rather than building a concept around a weapon. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Kastiel.1947 said:

I’ll never understand the argument that x weapon doesn’t work for y class.

We can deduce from what ANet said about Rev in recent patch notes that this new espec is going to be dps oriented.  The weapon type is largely irrelevant but a new mainhand of any flavor will be welcomed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

These betas can't come early enough. I need to know which icon necromancer gets, I hope it won't take away the 9th icon (the flask with a jade shard in it), since I want that for engineer.

Dont worrry that will be magitech engie most actually think engie will get a focus 😛 jade dragon manupulation.

• Like 1

Revenant was basically meant to be some form of Ritualist so my bet is also on OH focus or dagger.
I don't really want to play GS with it to be completely honest.. Depending on how they implement it but for me it's a rather "no ty".

It really depends on the legend but I don't think we will get an additional support legend as Glint and Kalla are already pretty support/boon heavy. And Ventari obviously as well.. I think Assassin would fit very well but then again we already have Shiro and since Kalla already broke the mold with GW1 legends I have no idea what they could pull out the hat this time.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Well tbh after support Herald (but if you remember in the first weeks of HoT, Herald had the most ridiculous dps only on AA) and now Renegade a semi support as alacrity and a very good Condi spec, now we need a power spec nice and clean (much like DH was for guard). And if we will get off hand focus, i doubt we can even reach on power dps spectrum classes since sword has been nerfed for a few times, but maybe with dagger or dual daggers we can have a fully power spec, otherwise we will revenant to be played as an alacrity/condi spec even in EoD.

8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Sword autoattack maximises damage if it hits three targets on the third strike. Chilling Isolation still does more damage total if it hits more than one target, albeit not concentrated on one target. Shackling Wave actually has a stronger effect per target if you hit multiple targets. Vengeful Hammers hit everyone around you.

I'm not opposed to revenant greatsword, but there's plenty of power cleave there, it just might involve spending your energy a bit differently than you would if focusing a single target. So I really don't see any weight to the "it must be greatsword because power cleave is missing" argument. 

I'd really rather that ArenaNet chose a solid concept and the weapon is something that suits that concept rather than building a concept around a weapon. 

Hard disagree with swords being good cleave aside from the auto attack getting a small bonus. 3 target cleave for full damage on melee weapon skills is pretty standard in this game so if a weapon set has to sacrifice its single target dps when cleaving that already makes it sub par in that regard. It isn't even just chilling isolation, sword 3 and 4 also lose single target dps in cleave situations  while sword 5 is straight single target so only the auto is doing full cleave damage and considering power rev is pretty much bottom tier single target dps it really can't just call mildly stronger autos plus weakened sword 2's good cleave.

• Thanks 5