World Linking 7/30/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

15 minutes ago, Luis.4917 said:

ET got hell of good link mag take care ebg  while they fight in other bls  also ET have small cloud so that make that link even stronger

Glad Im not on ET. The arrogance they will have to deal with. Real generous of Mag people to tell them what map they are allowed to play on. 🙄

Edited by Evenge.4067
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Bear.9568 said:

LMAO SBI linked with CD, they gonna be so salty after the Mag link.

I know right, SBI carried Mag to T1, then got blamed whenever something went wrong, but hey at least they finally escaped the most toxic server! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

All you guys moaning about links, whilst Gandara again is without a link. Why do we get no link twice the time as other servers. I call bull kitten!

Thank all the people/guilds who transferred to Gandara after you went open for a week, according to GW2mists from Fort Ranik and one other guild not registered on there. Maybe you would of stayed Open otherwise.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048

2 hours ago, CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

Thank all the people/guilds who transferred to Gandara after you went open for a week, according to GW2mists from Fort Ranik and one other guild not registered on there. Maybe you would of stayed Open otherwise.

How does being a closed server have anything to do with getting links? As far as I remeber we were closed but still linked with FR.

2 hours ago, Saurian Jam.7249 said:

How does being a closed server have anything to do with getting links? As far as I remeber we were closed but still linked with FR.

There are only two full servers in the EU and 13 Medium, as of now after this weeks population change.

You went full a week after those transfers happened in early June. So since Anet doesn't want to shrink the EU down to Four tiers, both you and Riverside got no link, as there are no other 'full' servers which can stand on their own, according to their population algorithm.

5 hours ago, CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

There are only two full servers in the EU and 13 Medium, as of now after this weeks population change.

That's because ANet pull the same rubbish before every relink. There are generally 4-5 servers listed as full the week before relink and miraculously on the updated server figures in the days running up to relinking that drops to the two servers they have decided to disadvantage. Been watching that pattern for months now, always the same, gives ANet justification for the links they choose.

We have learnt to live without a link on Gandara and managed to hold our own in T3/T4 as a solo server during the last round. Although it would be nice to be able to be properly competitive once in a while, but ANet have decided we don't deserve the same gaming experience as everybody else.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

First i agree we are in a better shape this time because we got some smaller guilds joinin us. That is why we did not fall down to tier 5 as SFR instantly did because they were in a much worse shape and being in tier 5 get you no transfers because everybody know tier 5 is dead.

How ever i have accounts on all serves but the national so i can not speak for those, but most other international servers seem to have more queus then we do at most times. If we were so populated then this would refelct in queues as it does in other servers being full or haveing links. But it rarely do not. 

And why is it that Gandara is the only server who get no link two times in a row. And this is not the first time it happens. It happen before as well. Any host with no link counting the days to relink to breath life in their server but Gandara constatnly hit the wall of no link which burns us out because we on Gandara have to play way more during 8 weeks then you do with a link. Unless you want to fall down to tier 5. And this is the same for all servers without a link.

Giving hosts no links two times in a row is unehalthy for the server and also very unfair and not wha the linking system was built for in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diomache.9246 said:

There is nothing magical happening. It's just people tanking and Gandara being active.

Why do you write this as if it is a ok thing we need to do?  Hosts need to plan ahead and manipulate Arena Net for weeks or months to make sure to have one period of WvW where you can play and enjoy it.

You must agree that this is the worst system Arena Net ever come up with to make sure your server get to play a normal link period.

If it really meant something to win every week, we would riot so hard about matchmanipulation from Arena Net, but because we dont people just say oh well it sucks when it is my server but when it is other servers i will just enjoy the game and hope for the best. It should not be like this at all. It is matchmanipulation!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MoonT.6845 said:

but ANet have decided we don't deserve the same gaming experience as everybody else.

ArenaNet likes to bully certain servers, Anet did the same thing to Kodash in the past until the server imploded, they do this to SFR. Developers just don't like your server and think that you deserve to suffer outnumbered in the last tiers without any chance for comptetition.

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:

Poor SoR is stuck in trash tier for another 8 weeks.  What have they done to deserve such treatment?!

Poor GOM stuck in trash tier for another 8 weeks.   Anet sucks.   I think, matter of opinion, Anet employees have game players on the bigger servers and choose what links they want and PRESTO or they just have favorites cause it sure isn't random.

Edited by Sheryle Rosier.2538

17 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Why do you write this as if it is a ok thing we need to do?  Hosts need to plan ahead and manipulate Arena Net for weeks or months to make sure to have one period of WvW where you can play and enjoy it.

You must agree that this is the worst system Arena Net ever come up with to make sure your server get to play a normal link period.

If it really meant something to win every week, we would riot so hard about matchmanipulation from Arena Net, but because we dont people just say oh well it sucks when it is my server but when it is other servers i will just enjoy the game and hope for the best. It should not be like this at all. It is matchmanipulation!

It's the complete normal thing for years now. Gandara did the same on more than one occasion when they ended up in matches vs WSR or wanted to get out of Tier 1.

No, of course it's not ok to do this, but we are talking about double standards here.

Anet can't do anything when people decide to destroy the re-links with their transfering and they can't do anything when server guilds or communities decide to tank. It's a player created problem.

• Like 1

because u'll just transfer or make an alt account, when the matchup is dead boring.

t1 is often dead boring bc u cannot control the mindless ppt trains. whole blobs avoiding each other to karmatrain empty structures. for me that ain't any content. if nobody fights, reason to transfer. most of the fighters pause game yet anyways, bc it's so stale, and gotten only worse thanks to the feb2020 balance nerfs.

(imagine messing up balance with a thing u name balance patches eh xD)

t5 is dead, bc the muppets in t1 have far too many players, and usually there's only one t4 dropping server with "normal" population numbers who ppt's in t5 then 24/7. how to drop to t5 is questionable.

EU would be just way better balanced without 5 tiers. having only 4 tiers would be far better.

3 hours ago, diomache.9246 said:

Anet can't do anything when people decide to destroy the re-links with their transfering and they can't do anything when server guilds or communities decide to tank. It's a player created problem.

Really? They can restrict transfers easily but.... developers like the toxicity created by the bandwagonning after the relinks.

Edited by Daredevil.2745

On 7/31/2021 at 3:13 PM, Leaa.2943 said:

First i agree we are in a better shape this time because we got some smaller guilds joinin us. That is why we did not fall down to tier 5 as SFR instantly did because they were in a much worse shape and being in tier 5 get you no transfers because everybody know tier 5 is dead.

Good for you honestly, although I think a link is not that important if you can at least stay out of t5 and have an active community left , especially due to bandwagoning, server stacking  or the fact that some links are dead. 

The whole system is just not bringing balanced matchups and balancing populations well enough, but it's not just anet to blame it's also us players, which leads to lower quality wvw for everyone.

Alliances will be in beta, so we'll still have some time to wait, until we see if it works to bring a better WvW experience, through player feedback.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

Good for you honestly, although I think a link is not that important if you can at least stay out of t5 and have an active community left , especially due to bandwagoning, server stacking  or the fact that some links are dead. 

The whole system is just not bringing balanced matchups and balancing populations well enough, but it's not just anet to blame it's also us players, which leads to lower quality wvw for everyone.

Alliances will be in beta, so we'll still have some time to wait, until we see if it works to bring a better WvW experience, through player feedback.

The thing is the way special arrangements are made that any large guild can go to any server they feel like going to regardless if its closed or not.  I've seen queued maps have an outnumbered buff all night long and then Tier 1 full servers having multiple guilds transferring from a full server to another full server.  Plus most guilds that were worth playing with no longer play and its just way too late for Alliances at this point they would be better off developing some other game that doesn't have a deserted player base.