Please add unique mount skins as achievements

Achievement specific mount skins  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Add achievement specific mount skins in the game?

• Yes
    • No

I'm a big fan of mount collecting, but there doesn't seem to be any option in the game to obtain mounts other than through buying them from the gem store. Showing off your mount is one of the things i enjoy most because people are able to clearly see what you have achieved in the game. Does anyone else agree that this should be a thing, and that it could be easily implemented into the game?

Edited by Muzzy.4382
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Muzzy.4382 said:

I'm a big fan of mount collecting, but there doesn't seem to be any option in the game to obtain mounts other than through buying them from the gem store. Showing off your mount is one of the things i enjoy most because people are able to clearly see what you have achieved in the game. Does anyone else agree that this should be a thing, and that it could be easily implemented into the game?

You may be better off posting this as a poll. That can give anet a general idea of people that would like this idea.

55 minutes ago, Muzzy.4382 said:

They have to make money somehow and I think mount skins are good way to do so. And there is a war claw skin you can get ingame. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There's one Mount Skin you can obtain in-game; I don't think it will become something that's offered very often.  Not when it's such a good revenue source. 

What mount skin is that?  And also you need to give people incentive to play in the world besides just buying stuff out of the shop. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

You may be better off posting this as a poll. That can give anet a general idea of people that would like this idea.

I've added this! 🙂

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

They have to make money somehow and I think mount skins are good way to do so. And there is a war claw skin you can get ingame. 

Totally agree its a good source of revenue but there's no reason they can't do both? Giving people even more of an incentive to invest their time in the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Muzzy.4382 said:

I've added this! 🙂

Totally agree its a good source of revenue but there's no reason they can't do both? Giving people even more of an incentive to invest their time in the game.

Because Anet can't pay the bills with player's invested time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Because Anet can't pay the bills with player's invested time. 

They could tie it some legendary crafting thing or some gold sink, so they will be bank rolling on the gem to gold conversion . Also like the Legendary gliders you can see that they cost 2k gold and the ones in the gem store are like what 150g, so a bargain.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

They could tie it some legendary crafting thing or some gold sink, so they will be bank rolling on the gem to gold conversion . Also like the Legendary gliders you can see that they cost 2k gold and the ones in the gem store are like what 150g, so a bargain.  

True ... but that's not really what the OP is asking for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

True ... but that's not really what the OP is asking for. 

Well legendaries are kind of Achievement collections and I think at some point they did add the Bard as a novelty music instrument.

I think they did try to make a gold sink thing with the warclaw reward track, but they did not repeat it, maybe cause it didn't make enough money being too niche WvW thing.

It would be cool yeah, but I doubt it and I understand why they wouldn't do that. Players presumably pay once for the expansions and that's all. Not everyone buys gems, and not everyone who buy gems buy mount skins. Giving skins """for free""" would just lower their income, which I guess is already lowered by the capability to farm gold and buy gems with it.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 1

Mm, I'd have to vote no. This is because ANet would not benefit from this.

However, if they do it like they did the chairs, that is acceptable. Most chairs are obtained via the gemstore. The one exception is the basic Chair, which is, well, a very basic wooden chair that you get from an achievement. Getting this chair made me want to obtain more chairs. I suddenly understood the desire for collecting chairs. I had my very first chair, and if I wanted an upgrade, I would need to spend gems. This method benefits ANet.

So, if any achievements were to reward us with mount skins, they should be incredibly basic. Something that barely passes as a mount skin and gives us motivation to want to collect more skins, thereby encouraging us to use the gemstore.

Mount skins, like chairs, are purely cosmetic. GW2 asks for a one-time payment for expansions, so they rely on the gemstore to pay their bills. I believe that my suggestion allows for a nice medium that connects what players want and what ANet wants.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This thread disappoints me. Yes, Anet is operating a B2P model so yeah, the cash shop is their primary form of steady currency. Does that mean that the cash shop should be the only access to mount/glider/presumably boat skins?

By this logic, why are any cool skins at all outside the cash shop? Why are there cool armor or weapon skins outside the cash shop? Why aren’t legendaries just plain weapons? Anet has to make money you know! 

OP didn’t even ask to remove cosmetics from the cash shop. He/she is merely requesting that certain cosmetics not be exclusively cash shop, and that is perfectly fair. Let us have some mount skins that take real dedication to pursue. Something with more substance than the warclaw reward track, but not necessarily tied to legendaries like the 3 gliders.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Flapjackson.1596 said:

This thread disappoints me. Yes, Anet is operating a B2P model so yeah, the cash shop is their primary form of steady currency. Does that mean that the cash shop should be the only access to mount/glider/presumably boat skins?

By this logic, why are any cool skins at all outside the cash shop? Why are there cool armor or weapon skins outside the cash shop? Why aren’t legendaries just plain weapons? Anet has to make money you know! 

OP didn’t even ask to remove cosmetics from the cash shop. He/she is merely requesting that certain cosmetics not be exclusively cash shop, and that is perfectly fair. Let us have some mount skins that take real dedication to pursue. Something with more substance than the warclaw reward track, but not necessarily tied to legendaries like the 3 gliders.

Personally if they added a $5 a month fee and put a lot in the game they would make roughly 1000000 a month, thats based on 200k players, more players means more money. Do you think they are making a mill a month in gem store sales? if they make more than that fine then keep it. Anyway napkin math if there are 2 million players that 10 mil a month.

Edited by Zuldari.3940

2 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Personally if they added a $5 a month fee and put a lot in the game they would make roughly 1000000 a month, thats based on 200k players, more players means more money. Do you think they are making a mill a month in gem store sales? if they make more than that fine then keep it. Anyway napkin math if there are 2 million players that 10 mil a month.

Personally if they added a monthly fee, me, and a lot of others, would never set foot in this game again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Yes i'm not saying completely remove purchasable mount skins from the store, that would be insane - i know they need to make money to continue development. I just think it would be cool if some of the mount skins. Even just 2-3 could be obtained through PvE in the game. Just like they do with the Armor. They sell weapon and armour skins in the store and obviously you can obtain some pretty kitten skins by playing particular PvE/PvP content. Its literally the same model they are already using, just with mounts instead 🙂

• Like 1

the lack of any Mount or Glider(beside Legendary) Skin in the game is for me the one point i dont like on GW2.

and the past changes to the game shows that the focus on adding features they can sell you stuff for in the shop.

so they dont look at stuff "what can we add to make players life more enjoyable". no they adding stuff they can monoterize the kitten out of it.

Skiffs and fishing want be any different in EoD

• Confused 1

On 8/2/2021 at 12:19 AM, Zuldari.3940 said:

Personally, there's nothing stopping a player from doing their own monthly fee with which they could then purchase gems and... guess what.... buy the skin from the GS. 

Please, let's leave subscription models out of GW2.  The game and studio don't need them when players can already do that on their own.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Personally, there's nothing stopping a player from doing their own monthly fee with which they could then purchase gems and... guess what.... buy the skin from the GS. 

Please, let's leave subscription models out of GW2.  The game and studio don't need them when players can already do that on their own.

If I could buy 5 dollars in gems a month I would but you cant

• Confused 1