Thief Elite Specialization Prediction & Speculation Discussion

AikijinX.6258

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The leak was obviously fake, the revealed elite specs have proven it.

But there is a datamine which showed the weapons for the remaining elite specs. This datamine correctly predicted the weapons for revenant (greatsword), elementalist (hammer) and warrior (pistol).

So it is safe to assume that this datamine is correct, which means the remaining classes will get the following as their weapons:

• Thief - Scepter
  • Ranger - Hammer
  • Engineer - Mace

Oh sry, I confused the leaks, just checked the "real" one and there it was indeed scepter, my bad.

Anyone here ever read the Korean manga "Solo Leveling"?

The protagonist's starting class is "assassin" and then (halfway) he gets a chance to evolve into a "necromancer".
He then proceeds to conjure up dark versions of the enemies he kills.

https://d17lbu6bbzbdc8.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/07070409/extra_gag-02-scaled-1.jpg

On 9/27/2021 at 11:31 PM, Salvatore.3749 said:

I'm thinking they are going the old Guild Wars 1 Ritualist route where thief gets weapon spells and spirits to use. Like the spirits can steal and our attacks can heal our allies or deal more damage. 

In the back of my mind, the shikigami setup, summoning spirits, keeps coming to mind and will replace our steal function. Stealing from a long range with a phantom hand to then conjure other spirits. Every time we steal, we have the ability to create a unique spirit. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikigami

I'm just praying the scepter is offhand (please break that rule) versus main-hand for more playability. 

Why would you want a ritualist-themed elite spec to have the scepter in the off hand?

I also disagree with the assertion that an offhand weapon offers 'more playability'. At most, three mainhand weapons and three offhand weapons offers nine combinations rather than eight for the alternative. On the other hand, though, usually the mainhand is the weapon that most defines your playstyle - this is less significant for thief than other professions but it's still there. So I'd view an offhand as just bringing new variants of existing playstyles defined by the mainhand weapons, while a new mainhand means a new style with two variants (sc/d and sc/p in this case).

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

The leak was obviously fake, the revealed elite specs have proven it.

But there is a datamine which showed the weapons for the remaining elite specs. This datamine correctly predicted the weapons for revenant (greatsword), elementalist (hammer) and warrior (pistol).

So it is safe to assume that this datamine is correct, which means the remaining classes will get the following as their weapons:

• Thief - Scepter
  • Ranger - Hammer
  • Engineer - Mace

leaks where fake? there was no leak beside what you just said lol.. and if  not then why my post got removed and i got warning for leaking content?
anyway all elite specs do so far is pushing Gw2 more away from me..  HoT was okay then it turned into spam festival and it changed even more with latest beta test all spamming skills and kinda nothing new to add

PoF elites where boring
so far all single elites from this beta's where boring even tho i had high hopes for warrior/ele/thief
but both turned me off already and when i saw in very first beta thief got scepter i kinda regret i ever made a thief in this game as all we got was nerfs and now we got useless weapon also.
well ranger is still out there but meh i kinda  gotta let this game go i guess..

1 hour ago, reddie.5861 said:

leaks where fake? there was no leak beside what you just said lol.. and if  not then why my post got removed and i got warning for leaking content?
anyway all elite specs do so far is pushing Gw2 more away from me..  HoT was okay then it turned into spam festival and it changed even more with latest beta test all spamming skills and kinda nothing new to add

PoF elites where boring
so far all single elites from this beta's where boring even tho i had high hopes for warrior/ele/thief
but both turned me off already and when i saw in very first beta thief got scepter i kinda regret i ever made a thief in this game as all we got was nerfs and now we got useless weapon also.
well ranger is still out there but meh i kinda  gotta let this game go i guess..

There has been a fake leak, posted on reddit 4 months ago, which the person was referencing with thinking thief will get an offhand mace: you can find it here

It was already debunked as fake with the very first beta event, so no point in discussing it further at this point. Just wanted to point out to the other one that offhand mace from this fake leak is not correct, thief will get scepter.

Sad that you can't find enjoyment in the new specs. At least bladesworn looks interesting for me. I hope that the new spec for my main engineer will be fun, but onsidering that alot of evidence points towards some kind of pet spec, I have alot of doubts about it.....

i am goona go on a limb.

The icon is clearly the oni mask

Im gonna call Onimaru or Ninja

Onimaru - Greatsword. 
 Samurai like actions or shroud style  with similarities to bladesword but no charged skills only  flash style attacks?

Ninja - Dual Swords playstyle.

Allowing Thief the offhand sword could bring about some fun and interesting gameplay as well.

Honestly my money is on the first as i have always wanted to see a thief with a greatsword in this game xD cuz why not its fantasy.

2 hours ago, Lurkerfox.7684 said:

i am goona go on a limb.

Onimaru - Greatsword. 
 Samurai like actions or shroud style  with similarities to bladesword but no charged skills only  flash style attacks?

Allowing Thief the offhand sword could bring about some fun and interesting gameplay as well.

Honestly my money is on the first as i have always wanted to see a thief with a greatsword in this game xD cuz why not its fantasy.

Get ready for disappointment lol scepter has pretty much been confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lurkerfox.7684 said:

i am goona go on a limb.

Onimaru - Greatsword. 

Sorry bud.

Lightbinder,(maybe instead of hiding in the shadows we  fight with the power of scepter light magic. A lot of blinds and some light fields.) possibly get like a debuff that drains hp/sec for every time we use (self stealth) if we get stealthed by allies, debuff does not occur. (Not really a fan of the concept that I made, but just putting it out there) and of course we get the power of light. Which gives us the ability to have some type of invuln frame or something, as trade off for loss of stealth. So no one can complain about not seeing us anymore. (Honestly all of this is a bad idea, but thought I’d share)

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

When is the next blurry reveal?

Should be within the next 24 hours but I wouldn't expect too much of it. They usually show the weapon and the mechanic but we already know the former one and we will most likely not be able to identify the mechanic unless it's minion based in which case the blurry image should make it rather obvious.

Edited by Tails.9372

21 minutes ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

Probably in another week- 2 weeks. But knowing anet and their dismay towards thieves, we’ll be the last elite spec reveal. It'll probably go Ranger, Engi, Thief

Which is unfortunate because that means it'll have the least amount of time to gather feedback and fix before release. With how much they struggle with both our previous specs and base Thief you'd think logically they should release ours first to make sure it has the most time possible to fix and polish than any other.