So Anet allow me to buy infinite gold ...

... but won't allow me to send more than 500g from one of my accounts to the other in one WEEK!

Really?

The purpose of this aggravating restriction is ... ?

Yes, I know it's to cripple RMT but it also cripples legit players!

Edited by Kraggy.4169
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Its so you have to buy it on the other account directly and not use gold transfer as a means to hide your ownership of that account, which is used by scammers or people who intend to hack or break game rules.

Remember, expos aren't required to access the competitive modes and be a complete nuisance in them.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

2 minutes ago, Zavijah.2695 said:

Why not just buy it on your alt account then, considering you own it, and the same payment source is your bank account, or parentals credit card. 

I fail to see the difference. 

I thought they was winning at the trading post..but yea if you are buying gold from anet then just buy it on your other account.

• Like 1

Why do you want to send so much gold to your second account? I could understand it if you already had the gold on your main account but the title of the post sounds like you're buying gems, converting them into gold and then sending the gold to another account. Why not just buy gems on the account where you want the gold?

(I just checked and free accounts can convert gems into gold, they just can't do it the other way around, so that won't be the issue.)

if i understand OP correctly, he doesnt want to buy gold on one account and send it to the other. it's just a rant that he cannot send more than 500g/week to his alt-account, even if he farmed this gold 100% legit on his main account (or the other way round). all while ANet allows him to buy "infinite" gold via real money.

Edited by Hyrai.8720
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

... but won't allow me to send more than 500g from one of my accounts to the other in one WEEK!

Really?

As others have said buy it on the account you want it on since you own both of them

27 minutes ago, Hyrai.8720 said:

if i understand OP correctly, he doesnt want to buy gold on one account and send it to the other. it's just a rant that he cannot send more than 500g/week to his alt-account, even if he farmed this gold 100% legit on his main account (or the other way round). all while ANet allows him to buy "infinite" gold via real money.

Dont see the problem just send the gold and take it out week after week.

I mean OP do take breaks and dont farm 500g on both accounts week after week right?

36 minutes ago, Hyrai.8720 said:

So wait the week? I genuinely see no issue there. Buying gold in a single account is self sustained, sending more than 500g to a different account opens for easy RMT manipulation

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

Really?

The point is restricting gold sellers. I would actually argue it doesn't cripple legit players ... if you want gold on account B, buy it on account B. If you want to earn gold on account B, ALSO play account B.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

To keep it simple. If they owned said account, they can just buy gold on it. 

The only reason they'd even NEED to send money via mail to begin with (which this obviously is) is RMT

I send money and items between my accounts every so often just because sometimes one has stuff the other needs. For a while I was sending rare items from my main account to my second account, salvaging them and sending the materials back just to use up black lion salvage kits that kept building up on my second account because I don't play it as much but do log in every day I can. (I know it's better to use the kits on exotics, but I didn't want the dark matter stuck on an account that will probably never need it.)

But I've never come close to the 500g limit and definitely wouldn't buy gold on one account and send it to the other. I suppose maybe if I already had gems on my main account (like from buying the Ultimate edition of an expansion) and wanted a lot of gold on my second account I might do that, but then the weekly limit wouldn't be an issue because I'd just have to wait to collect it all.

If anything it's more likely I'd get an extremely valuable item on my second account and want to send it to the main one to use (if I ever get a precursor I bet it'll be on that account) but then I'd just send the item.

1 hour ago, Hyrai.8720 said:

Because when you buy gold from Anet, you pay them. When you transfer gold from one account to another, you might be selling that account to another person later on for real money. WoW still has this problem where people make bots to farm gold. So this system is actually good for the game. 

• Like 2

Maybe they want to buy a QoL gem store upgrade for an alt account? Or even an expensive mount skin? So it'd take more than 500 gold? I dunno. I have sent gold from main > alt accounts for gems before, but never had an issue. Normally it is the other way around, I have "harvested" gold on my alts and it takes a couple of weeks to download all the gold from mail.

15 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Maybe they want to buy a QoL gem store upgrade for an alt account? Or even an expensive mount skin? So it'd take more than 500 gold? I dunno. I have sent gold from main > alt accounts for gems before, but never had an issue. Normally it is the other way around, I have "harvested" gold on my alts and it takes a couple of weeks to download all the gold from mail.

If they are buying the gold on one account with irl money they can buy it on the other though..

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Then the gem->gold exchange is completely irrelevant unless we are discussing a very stupid person because gem->gold->gem is just wasting money.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

Really?

use your guild bank to store gold from alts, its not perfect but hey.