RotG - Barrier instead of Damage Reduction? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

RotG - Barrier instead of Damage Reduction?

DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

I personally love to use Rite of the Great Dwarf. It feels pretty heavy and animation is perfect to me.
But I know a lot of people don't like this skill for it's insanely high Energy cost, cast time and the arguable profit of having DMG Reduction.

What if we keep the "Turn into stone" VFX but instead of DMG Reduction RotG grants Barrier? Invocation already rewards using Dwarf for it's Barrier proc, Runes of Sanctuary feels like it was made for Steadfast Rejuvenation and Vengeful Hammers. And lastly, we have Salvation trait that periodically grants us Barrier depending on the number of boons we have.

I could see Versed on Stone granting additional Barrier based on % of your Health / Toughness.

What do you think?

Comments

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    I like the idea. Though ideally with a slightly shorter casttime

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

    Ok, but what difference does it make?

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Clownmug.8357 said:
    Ok, but what difference does it make?

    Barrier blocks Condition Damage by design and is on top of your health rather than minimizng the damage you recieve. With the Traits I mentioned Barrier is IMO a lot more impactful than the Damage Reduction.

  • Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

    @DonArkanio.6419 said:

    @Clownmug.8357 said:
    Ok, but what difference does it make?

    Barrier blocks Condition Damage by design and is on top of your health rather than minimizng the damage you recieve. With the Traits I mentioned Barrier is IMO a lot more impactful than the Damage Reduction.

    Hmm, I guess that would be better. Thank you for elaborating.

  • Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It would depend on the numbers imo.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    It needs to have condi-reduction in it without having to take a trait. + shouldnt have an cast time, since it gets often stopped before casting is through (like normal stunbreaks should be)

  • DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    It needs to have condi-reduction in it without having to take a trait. Also shouldnt it have an cast, since it gets often stopped before casting is through, like normal stunbreaks should be.

    If we got Condi-Reduction by default, I think the cast time is fair. This opens up the way for new Grandmaster that isn't Auto-elite.

  • Scoobaniec.9561Scoobaniec.9561 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

    if its at least 2000 barrier, and hits allies too, then im in lol
    but would probably be overkill

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Good luck against spellbreakers with warrior's cunning

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    absolutely not. don't fix it if it ain't broke.

    Te lazla otstara.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

    At best I'm taking 4k damage in PvP from a full DPS ranger on full Berserker myself and now you want to take 20k damage with 2k Barrier, what for? Anything is gonna suck if you don't apply the Weakness that's designed with the Legend, we already have SotM that nearly does everything automatically. Even Wordly Impact fully buffed with Sic Em barely scratches for 2k itself.

    Just how come I never see anyone of you play PvP at all either, y'all just WvW? It's a whole different matter when you're playing in open landscapes with nothing to fiddle around, still Jalis has the tools to deal with such things, whether Power or Condition. Try to explore those a little.

    Remember, I have 0 Toughness and I can already tank more than that. There's something missing in your gameplay.

  • Scoobaniec.9561Scoobaniec.9561 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    @Shao.7236 said:

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

    At best I'm taking 4k damage in PvP from a full DPS ranger on full Berserker myself and now you want to take 20k damage with 2k Barrier, what for? Anything is gonna suck if you don't apply the Weakness that's designed with the Legend, we already have SotM that nearly does everything automatically. Even Wordly Impact fully buffed with Sic Em barely scratches for 2k itself.

    Just how come I never see anyone of you play PvP at all either, y'all just WvW? It's a whole different matter when you're playing in open landscapes with nothing to fiddle around, still Jalis has the tools to deal with such things, whether Power or Condition. Try to explore those a little.

    Remember, I have 0 Toughness and I can already tank more than that. There's something missing in your gameplay.

    Theres nothing missing in my gameplay bc i dont even play anymore to begin with. Once in a blue moon ive roamed with condi rev and thats it. I would never touch current spvp in the current very high limited state and with how butchered rev is. If i want to play pvp with sort of gw2 style feeling i just open Smite where i play at master level. And i was legendary here during s1-4 playing vs top tier players but i left before s5 even started. Wise move on my part.

    Besides 2k barrier wasnt my idea. Given how long the cast and energy is it should be 10k. And weakness can be cleanses pretty easy if you play anything else other than rev.
    Jalis should get a major rework long ago starting with this pathetic road being changed to a mobile field like underwater version+added stunbreak and removed this imbecile cd that wasnt even supposed to be there due to energy system. Vengeful hammers and rotg arent different from each other either. They basically do the same stuff in different manner and that was the same case with EtD and old UA. The chain skill sux as well, slow, reflectable projectile on a long cd, literally waste of a slot.

    But hey, none of my business, nowdays i log for living story then log off while watching how they butcher they class futher due to how clueless they are about rev and laugh at anyone who still care. Esport soon bros

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

    At best I'm taking 4k damage in PvP from a full DPS ranger on full Berserker myself and now you want to take 20k damage with 2k Barrier, what for? Anything is gonna suck if you don't apply the Weakness that's designed with the Legend, we already have SotM that nearly does everything automatically. Even Wordly Impact fully buffed with Sic Em barely scratches for 2k itself.

    Just how come I never see anyone of you play PvP at all either, y'all just WvW? It's a whole different matter when you're playing in open landscapes with nothing to fiddle around, still Jalis has the tools to deal with such things, whether Power or Condition. Try to explore those a little.

    Remember, I have 0 Toughness and I can already tank more than that. There's something missing in your gameplay.

    Theres nothing missing in my gameplay bc i dont even play anymore to begin with. Once in a blue moon ive roamed with condi rev and thats it. I would never touch current spvp in the current very high limited state and with how butchered rev is. If i want to play pvp with sort of gw2 style feeling i just open Smite where i play at master level. And i was legendary here during s1-4 playing vs top tier players but i left before s5 even started. Wise move on my part.

    Besides 2k barrier wasnt my idea. Given how long the cast and energy is it should be 10k. And weakness can be cleanses pretty easy if you play anything else other than rev.
    Jalis should get a major rework long ago starting with this pathetic road being changed to a mobile field like underwater version+added stunbreak and removed this imbecile cd that wasnt even supposed to be there due to energy system. Vengeful hammers and rotg arent different from each other either. They basically do the same stuff in different manner and that was the same case with EtD and old UA. The chain skill sux as well, slow, reflectable projectile on a long cd, literally waste of a slot.

    But hey, none of my business, nowdays i log for living story then log off while watching how they butcher they class futher due to how clueless they are about rev and laugh at anyone who still care. Esport soon bros

    I can play any type of Core builds at high level, your point?

    It's clear that you're clueless if you think Inspiring Reinforcement is a bad skill altogether, this is what carries Jalis in the first place (Easiest burst IMO), Revenant has been more than playable in a while. 10k Barrier would still be garbage compared 50% damage reduction. Forced Engagement is probably one of the best CC skill in the game right now given it's lack of tell and benefits but again it's probably being used wrong regardless, because you can use it at 1200 units doesn't mean you should all the time (lol).

    Weakness be easily "cleansed", this is why you need to use it properly. Aka /engaging/ gameplay.

    Go back to Smite I guess, MOBA's are too slow for me anyway. It's clear that with the amount of success I have, this is all typical L2P issue at this rate. All your excuses are the same trivial complains that are easily circumvented and played around. There's just no convincing since there's so much bias, there's no validating your ability to do anything since nothing ever works for you as you try to always meme around while it does for me which I have all the footage and numbers to prove with.

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020

    Barrier isn't great for one time activations, especially at that cost.
    Barrier is way stronger in pulses or with frequent activations, like those Bunker Salvation builds or Scrapper or Scourge.

    I would keep the Damage reduction tyvm, the Barrier change would only help it stave off Condi damage, but it's bad in general for a 1 press for 40 energy.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • A little late to add, but -50% damage for 5 seconds is significantly better than any amount of barrier you could reasonably get from a single application. Remember, barrier is capped at 50% of max hp. Combined with healing or other stacking damage reduction%, current RotGD is just better.

  • Scoobaniec.9561Scoobaniec.9561 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shao.7236 said:

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

    At best I'm taking 4k damage in PvP from a full DPS ranger on full Berserker myself and now you want to take 20k damage with 2k Barrier, what for? Anything is gonna suck if you don't apply the Weakness that's designed with the Legend, we already have SotM that nearly does everything automatically. Even Wordly Impact fully buffed with Sic Em barely scratches for 2k itself.

    Just how come I never see anyone of you play PvP at all either, y'all just WvW? It's a whole different matter when you're playing in open landscapes with nothing to fiddle around, still Jalis has the tools to deal with such things, whether Power or Condition. Try to explore those a little.

    Remember, I have 0 Toughness and I can already tank more than that. There's something missing in your gameplay.

    Theres nothing missing in my gameplay bc i dont even play anymore to begin with. Once in a blue moon ive roamed with condi rev and thats it. I would never touch current spvp in the current very high limited state and with how butchered rev is. If i want to play pvp with sort of gw2 style feeling i just open Smite where i play at master level. And i was legendary here during s1-4 playing vs top tier players but i left before s5 even started. Wise move on my part.

    Besides 2k barrier wasnt my idea. Given how long the cast and energy is it should be 10k. And weakness can be cleanses pretty easy if you play anything else other than rev.
    Jalis should get a major rework long ago starting with this pathetic road being changed to a mobile field like underwater version+added stunbreak and removed this imbecile cd that wasnt even supposed to be there due to energy system. Vengeful hammers and rotg arent different from each other either. They basically do the same stuff in different manner and that was the same case with EtD and old UA. The chain skill sux as well, slow, reflectable projectile on a long cd, literally waste of a slot.

    But hey, none of my business, nowdays i log for living story then log off while watching how they butcher they class futher due to how clueless they are about rev and laugh at anyone who still care. Esport soon bros

    I can play any type of Core builds at high level, your point?

    It's clear that you're clueless if you think Inspiring Reinforcement is a bad skill altogether, this is what carries Jalis in the first place (Easiest burst IMO), Revenant has been more than playable in a while. 10k Barrier would still be garbage compared 50% damage reduction. Forced Engagement is probably one of the best CC skill in the game right now given it's lack of tell and benefits but again it's probably being used wrong regardless, because you can use it at 1200 units doesn't mean you should all the time (lol).

    Weakness be easily "cleansed", this is why you need to use it properly. Aka /engaging/ gameplay.

    Go back to Smite I guess, MOBA's are too slow for me anyway. It's clear that with the amount of success I have, this is all typical L2P issue at this rate. All your excuses are the same trivial complains that are easily circumvented and played around. There's just no convincing since there's so much bias, there's no validating your ability to do anything since nothing ever works for you as you try to always meme around while it does for me which I have all the footage and numbers to prove with.

    High level? Amount of success? Didnt you mention that you are just a mere platie in the time where eveyone who was worth 2 kitten left the game long ago? Honestly i would uninstall out of shame if i was below top 25 nowdays with all the nonames in leaderboard that wouldnt make it above gold back in the old days so if you wanna call someone clueless, spare yourself the words bc they mean nothing to me.

    IR is a static narrow road in a game based on mobility, it doesnt even cover the small noob circle in the joke mode called conquest and its rendered completely useless in any real fight off point (which never gonna happen bc anet refuses to add a normal gamemode then they wonder why spvp is dead). FE was, is, and will remain terrible bc its nothing but a reflectable, easily bodyblocked taunt on a high cd completely not fitting the whole idea of revenant with the energy system. Why is it even a taunt to begin with and not a pull anyway?

    And like i said vengeful hammers and rotd are doing literally the same thing with a different, in fact i honestly dont understand why anyone would even bother to cast rite as a stunbreak (lol at this cast time) when hammers provide -20% condi dmg by default along with some damage and healing on hitting someone+trait to futher raise up the hp regen. It is clear as day that rotd is overshadowed in it current state.To this day Glint remains as the legend that can tank better than Jalis outside of pve while also offering superior utility/support.

    And btw i used to play core rev all the way back to 2016 with offhand sword that was considered trash back at that time despite having mobile low cd block compared to this junk shield everyone used. Its obvious that anet is clueless about rev, nerfing wrong things, doing many reworks nobody has asked for (sword offhand) and i rather not bother frustrating myself cuz theres no point, after all im not even active player anymore due to the potato balance which was present since launch. I rather meme around and laugh it off while they continue to lose profits and drive people away. Removing amulets, removing runes, removing sigils, globally nerfing power damage by 33% while ignoring things like downed state, cc skills doing 0 damage no matter how hard they are to land, what kind of effect they cause (lol at 0 damage bc of 1sec daze). Muh bad players, muh l2p, muh clueless

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    I agree with players that are against this change,as in it be a huge nerf to the skill, maybe reduce the ICD of the trait, overall it would be far better than barrier and boon spam gameplay, if u cordenate well jalis with barrier, conditions and damage can / will take less from barrier as well.
    Besides, theres plenty of barrier sources in game we dont need more :\

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Versed_in_Stone it has if im not in mistake 1minute ICD and 2 minutes on SPVP.. its nuts, mayeb a improvement to the trait could balance out against the condi boost on bombs while stacking.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Scoobaniec.9561

    Your ideas don't make sense, can't even make sense out of your own profession by begging for senseless buffs all the time. Glint is not tankier than Jalis, Jalis has more burst potential than Glint also, you'd know that if you actually played the game at all. RotGD has proper uses in proper scenarios with proper strategies. You wouldn't be the person I'd expect to play it right when everything you say has no evidence, fact or accurate representation.

    I'm always on the leaderboard where MM brings me since I learned how to play PvP back in 2017 as there was low/high with players that were known coming and going over the years. I never played full meta have won at least 5 times on average of encounters against any of the streamers/good players with even some having said nasty comments about me to play meta instead of random builds that carry me, have never built any friendship around any of these people because there's nothing to be earned with some who are also exploiting MM at peak time while I'm playing simply for playing, I'd fight these people more but they don't care and they always play at those "Best" times where your normal average human sleeps.

    Your top 25 has been beaten over and over regardless, the highest I've been many times is 10 three quarter season when getting enough competent players to work with me, because the way you speak is like this game has nothing to do with teamwork, non sense. I can win every single fights in every games, it wouldn't make a difference and that's something anybody knows and thus why you argument is irrelevant to the cause. I can count more than I have fingers and toes the amount of compliment good players gave me and asked for my builds after talking smack because of team incompetence and not individual player skill.

    I've shared my builds more than I can remember and have earned around the identity of one of the known and only condition Revenants in PvP before people finally had a wake up call with the patch, I played against the power creep all day everyday until they carbon copy my build and made it popular, same with Renegade Jalis, everyone saying it's trash then look around, it's everywhere now and likely to be curated as meta. I'm not here to claim those builds as mine fully because there's no such thing, but I've had way more knowledge and ability going for myself to create my name as the Rev-o-sort because I made those builds work in the old faceroll meta and it's not uncommon now that people ask me for Revenant tips because I can prove my statements with actual fact and willingly deny that what you're asking for is not needed in the class, which that's because it's strong enough already.

  • Scoobaniec.9561Scoobaniec.9561 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shao.7236 said:
    @Scoobaniec.9561

    Your ideas don't make sense, can't even make sense out of your own profession by begging for senseless buffs all the time. Glint is not tankier than Jalis,

    Stopped reading after this line. If Glint is not tankier why are you crying for nerf to infuse light that was fine for years and nerfed 2 times anyway? Let me put it straight. Temp 50% dmg reduction assuming anyone will even let you finish the cast or 20% reduction hammers, 5k heal with 5 condi removal vs heal converting all damage to healing, on demand aoe pulsing protection.

    In before weakness. Weakness is a condition (not even working vs condi builds) and both Glint and Jalis have access to it. Jalis is all but a tank. Glint always outperformed Jalis and outperforms him to this very day. The only thing going for Jalis is sitting in a small road for stability and waiting for a necro to fear chain you to death there. Glint stunbreak is also reliable, blinds and even reveals. Jalis has nothing on Glint honestly speaking in both terms of utility and defensive capabilities. Its been known for ages

    The only downside of Glint is being boring af to play compared to Jalis.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    @Scoobaniec.9561

    Your ideas don't make sense, can't even make sense out of your own profession by begging for senseless buffs all the time. Glint is not tankier than Jalis,

    Stopped reading after this line. If Glint is not tankier why are you crying for nerf to infuse light that was fine for years and nerfed 2 times anyway? Let me put it straight. Temp 50% dmg reduction assuming anyone will even let you finish the cast or 20% reduction hammers, 5k heal with 5 condi removal vs heal converting all damage to healing, on demand aoe pulsing protection.

    In before weakness. Weakness is a condition (not even working vs condi builds) and both Glint and Jalis have access to it. Jalis is all but a tank. Glint always outperformed Jalis and outperforms him to this very day. The only thing going for Jalis is sitting in a small road for stability and waiting for a necro to fear chain you to death there. Glint stunbreak is also reliable, blinds and even reveals. Jalis has nothing on Glint honestly speaking in both terms of utility and defensive capabilities. Its been known for ages

    The only downside of Glint is being boring af to play compared to Jalis.

    If you're not trolling, it's no wonder why you never could do anything at this game.

    Go right on ahead and nitpick anything I said without full context and sure everyone is a Necromancer that have Well of Corruption permanently on the floor and infinite Corrupt Boon at the same time, there's absolutely no counter play possible, rock paper scissor haha Jalis completely useless because they can't use their skills for various purposes but stand in forcefully! Yes I want a mobile AoE stuck to me when the first thing I complain about is fear chains! Yes I want my taunt to be reflected even though it can be used at any range! Yes I will never use RotGD with my legend swap to improve my efficiency! Yes I will never be proactively plan my actions!

    I'm not going to bother anymore, interacting with you is a waste of time and you don't have anything constructive or remotely relevant to say. Absolutely zero critical thinking.

  • Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shao.7236 said:

    @Scoobaniec.9561 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Nah, that's a big nerf to the skill, the damage reduction is way more useful overtime than barrier as it doesn't have a limited number and absolutely affects anything to scale. Getting hit by anything cut in half, it's quite an obvious one, that is if you haven't applied Weakness which makes it all damage tickle afterwards. Adding up to SotM barrier is further more complimented by the modifiers which almost makes the player immune to damage altogether.

    Its barely stronger than protection. Muh 50% reduction, still eats over 10k rapid fire anyway at 2650 armor lol. Ive suggested barrier long ago and im still up for it. Hammers for -20% are already there, bump them to 33% and call it a day

    At best I'm taking 4k damage in PvP from a full DPS ranger on full Berserker myself and now you want to take 20k damage with 2k Barrier, what for? Anything is gonna suck if you don't apply the Weakness that's designed with the Legend, we already have SotM that nearly does everything automatically. Even Wordly Impact fully buffed with Sic Em barely scratches for 2k itself.

    Just how come I never see anyone of you play PvP at all either, y'all just WvW? It's a whole different matter when you're playing in open landscapes with nothing to fiddle around, still Jalis has the tools to deal with such things, whether Power or Condition. Try to explore those a little.

    Remember, I have 0 Toughness and I can already tank more than that. There's something missing in your gameplay.

    Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but for once, I have to agree with Shao here. Damage reduction is still far superior than Barrier.