About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback - Page 17 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

11213141517

Comments

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Wow. Way to over-exaggerate the responses. There's no hate here. But your idea seemed more in line with your own interests and not the benefit of the game or the majority of the player base.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Well, it certainly isn't going to hurt.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So, after their messup, we should be rewarding Anet with gemshop purchases? Thanks, i'll pass.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Have those who are still missing gold submitted tickets to CS? That would seem to me to be the appropriate method for resolution.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Well, it certainly isn't going to hurt.

    Well, the entire EU player base was impacted one way or another, and being annoying to anet by spamming the forums with demands isn't going to magically speed up the process for that "113 Gold".

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ashantara.8731

    Here is your official response...

    "If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

    That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

    You probably didn't read through that other thread linked, or you'd know that there were people that already submitted a ticket, and got told to take a hike, because apparently support returns only missing items (and only valuable ones, like infusions or precursors), not gold. Even if said gold was for selling that precursor.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If you a forum reg you know she can't help herself so yes opening another thread with a link to the old one is not surprising. The tickets get auto reply basically just like my warning from this post will be even tho it's not remotely unsafe

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    @Ashantara.8731

    Here is your official response...

    "If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

    That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

    You probably didn't read through that other thread linked, or you'd know that there were people that already submitted a ticked, and got told to take a hike, because apparently support returns only missing items (and only valuable ones, like infusions or precursors), not gold. Even if said gold was for selling that precursor.

    Anet said “If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible.".

    Anet will deal with stuff the way they deal with stuff. Wait in line and let CS sort things out.

  • starK.9127starK.9127 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    The past few weeks have shown a lot of issues with the servers but also with communication creating more frustration that necessary. Here are some suggestions:

    Information Channels:

    • use all Channels so that everyone knows whats up fast
    1. The Launcher has to have the News - otherwise most ppl get random error codes and have no idea whats going on maybe even trying to fix their own router ...
    2. The Main Website should also have such messages in the News until they are fixed

    Information:
    1. The Information given should be useful - even if its not perfectly correct it can be updated
    2. The information given was pointless - it also came way to late and way to unfrequent - tell your community if the issue seems big or small, maybe even what it is to some extent and a random eta (short downtime, longer downtime expected etc.) - communication is key

    Communication Methods:

    • never and i repeat never have all stuff on the same server and affected by the same issues
    1. For example the last server issues also were account issues so ppl werent able to write/sometimes access the Forums for help this shouldnt happen

    atonement Gifts:
    this is always a good idea it creates goodwill with the consumers and ensures long time support BUT:
    1. try to avoid to split the community by gifts that are given out rather random give them to all that were affected by the downtime or to no one but not to a selected few this just creates angry customers

    A suggestion how it could have been handled:

    • give a random mount licence to everyone that logged in or tried to log in the past 4 days (EU-Servers) - this should be 99% of the ppl affected
    • lets be honest the mount licences are pretty expensive anyways and rather cheap to produce so giving out a random mount licence is a great gift - ppl will probably not get exactly what they want - therefore not reducing future sales - still they get something nice

    From my point of view most of the bad reaction of players weren't result of the actual server problems but of the way the problems were handled.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Or hirer a community relations manager that would frequently interact with players in game and on the forum..

    Oh wait... they had one who was allowed to resign without a replacement.

    Also, please ensure that the information is ‘useful’ to everyone and if someone deems it even slightly useless it gets deleted. That’ll help.

    Also, if people don’t log into the forums at least once a week, so that they can be privy to the information, suspend their account because we don’t want players who don’t have all the info.

    And give gifts to everyone. Except the deleted accounts because they didn’t have the info.

    And finally, just in case someone doesn’t get it: /s

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Severo.7091Severo.7091 Member ✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Or hirer a community relations manager that would frequently interact with players in game and on the forum..

    Oh wait... they had one who was allowed to resign without a replacement.

    Also, please ensure that the information is ‘useful’ to everyone and if someone deems it even slightly useless it gets deleted. That’ll help.

    Also, if people don’t log into the forums at least once a week, so that they can be privy to the information, suspend their account because we don’t want players who don’t have all the info.

    And give gifts to everyone. Except the deleted accounts because they didn’t have the info.

    And finally, just in case someone doesn’t get it: /s

    thank you

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe hmu w a text too and an email and fb messenger and i-m on aol and page me and tweet meh and Instagram message me just in case I can't figure out stuff. If I have a log in issue in any game I try a few times then go oh I better check the forum to see if it's not just me. Then anet or other company's see the forums tell their bosses then release We are aware of the issue. Then the investigate it then perform maint. I don't know why you need to be hand held step by step when the step by step is the same every time. Some games gives compensation some don't too so take the mount or bonfire and be thankful it's better then nothing

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    While I am fairly certain that most posters here would agree that more communication from Anet would be appreciated, the company has to be very careful about any timing and message that is put out in the public sphere that may adversely impact their investors. There are many factors that go into this decision that we players will never know.

    Sometimes no communication is less damaging.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • AgentMoore.9453AgentMoore.9453 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    I think this is a fine conversation to have.

    Conveyance (or consolidation, I guess) of information has notoriously been a huge problem for ArenaNet, and I'm not sure why. Promotions, for example, get posted in obscure places, the awards for competitions are announced similarly (or never announced at all), the recent server issues (and server issues prior) were not explained to people in-game either in the chat box or as an in-game mail (We get a notification when there's a new build or map or inactivity logout coming, so I'm not sure why an error or maintenance notification couldn't have gone out), things slip through the cracks and don't end up in patch notes, PR issues inflate into a huge mess and at times there is either a.) No response or b.) A flimsy response that doesn't really answer what people were asking or c.) A weird response that divides the community like we saw this past weekend.

    Sometimes they get things right (or I wouldn't still be here), but suggestions are important to consider for the times when they misstep. Being sarcastic to each other only illustrates some of the divisions the community has right now. If we can fix it in any way, bring on the ideas.

    EDIT: This post was originally in a thread about company communication which has since been merged into this one.

  • starK.9127starK.9127 Member ✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Maybe hmu w a text too and an email and fb messenger and i-m on aol and page me and tweet meh and Instagram message me just in case I can't figure out stuff. If I have a log in issue in any game I try a few times then go oh I better check the forum to see if it's not just me. Then anet or other company's see the forums tell their bosses then release We are aware of the issue. Then the investigate it then perform maint. I don't know why you need to be hand held step by step when the step by step is the same every time. Some games gives compensation some don't too so take the mount or bonfire and be thankful it's better then nothing

    Its a pain to read your posting and you dont even seem to understand what ive wrote. For example there was a long time where the game had the issue and many ppl didnt even know because they could still login.

    I dont even understand what your point is?

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @starK.9127 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Maybe hmu w a text too and an email and fb messenger and i-m on aol and page me and tweet meh and Instagram message me just in case I can't figure out stuff. If I have a log in issue in any game I try a few times then go oh I better check the forum to see if it's not just me. Then anet or other company's see the forums tell their bosses then release We are aware of the issue. Then the investigate it then perform maint. I don't know why you need to be hand held step by step when the step by step is the same every time. Some games gives compensation some don't too so take the mount or bonfire and be thankful it's better then nothing

    Its a pain to read your posting and you dont even seem to understand what ive wrote. For example there was a long time where the game had the issue and many ppl didnt even know because they could still login.

    I dont even understand what your point is?

    I do understand. You for some reason need more communication.

    You need it to be on the forums which it was but also the launcher and other places so I listed 8 ways to hit me up for anet as sarcasm

    My point is it is the same process everytime. There is a crash/error on the servers that creates log in issues. Then we run on the forums and alert anet. Then anet posts we are aware. Then they diagnose it. Then perform maintenance to fix it. The whole time they tell us every step of the way.

    It's a pain to have to separate stuff because you can't read a paragraph

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It would be nice to have more communication, but this last situation was handled pretty well by them. When it happened, none of them were up and ready, once they were they worked on it and updated us after a while. That's how it should be, not more, not less.

    I rather choose death.

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Better communication is necessary. Wow I did not know Gaile Gray left. (I think I heard of this but I forgot until now - since it was before I returned to play GW2 and the forums account seems to still have the red color in the posts that hints at a staff member.)

    I can see the problem kharmin mentions. But in the current case with the rollback last week (which still is a problem because of unsolved support questions) it could have been nice to get a "we can see the problem and are still debating on how to deal with it". Then taking some time.

    Here we had them (so far) ignoring the fact that people also logged in and then out immediately (receiving the skin without losing any progress). And that might be a delicate thing were a further response needs to be well formulated - to not create more problems. A "we have seen that issue" would be nice though - until further response maybe.

    For the first thing with that compensation it would actually have been nice if they took a bit more time to think it over. They just did it wrong: Instead of quick responses where necessary ... and a bit more/longer thinking where necessary -> it was quick action (without thinking enough of problems this might lead to) and then being silent.


    For login problems and rollback problems it would be nice to have a news section in the launcher that "pulls" the info from the forums (the "carousel/announcements") or for support to manually be able to post stuff there. For now we can only see the news from the website ... after having logged in.

    In the case of the rollback there was first a message on the support page (not many people - even the active ones - aren't looking there). Later it got mentioned by people in the forums that linked to there. Then the announcement finally. (If support were able to post this directly into the launcher it would not give them too much power over the actual game itself bit still a great thing to quickly inform people.)

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    And maybe you didn’t read the thread either...

    “ They posted here in case anyone has not seen it >>>

    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047546674-European-Server-Rollback-Issue-12-05-2020
    __
    " We are still looking into refunding eligible purchases, restoring gems and possibly some high-level items automatically over the next few days. We will update you about when restoration and compensation will take place, and what items will be eligible. Please check your account carefully. If you are missing items that were in your inventory BEFORE 2:40 AM PST (11:40 CEST) on 11/05/2020, please submit a ticket and provide as much information as you can regarding the missing items including: the name of the item(s), the approximate time and date of their acquisition, and any other information that may help us to locate the associated data. Please also note that the customer support team cannot alter the status or completion of any story or achievement. We can only assist with account progress related to items, currencies, or general account issues associated with these rollbacks. "___”.

    Being annoying and making demands of Anet won’t make things go faster.

    So yeah, you didn't read. If you did, you would know that some people already got response from game support, with the clear message that gold will not be refunded. Neither right now, nor later.

    It's not about waiting for support's response. It's about Anet restoring only "gems, and possibly some high-level items", but not gold. Even if said gold you obtained from selling those "high-level items".

    I don’t care who lost what or complaints on the forums about who got and didn’t get back stuff. Anet will sort it out. Some people will get items, gold, gems, currencies... back. Some won’t.

    Spamming and making demands does nothing. Wait in line and pay attention to Anet’s formal responses and requests.

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:
    Well, it certainly isn't going to hurt.

    It already has hurt. No system will ever move faster by adding more load into it.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe because the suggestion is out of line?

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

    If you're getting responses (some people make them sound like automated responses?) saying you can't get gold back, have you tried replying to that answer with a request to get back the items you were trying to sell? Then you could sell them again and actually get your gold. It kind of sounds like it's a less complicated matter to restore actual items than for them to hand out gold.

  • starK.9127starK.9127 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    Maybe because the suggestion is out of line?

    Lol i now understand more and more what people in other big forums write about ppl in this forum.

    I am out of line by making a suggestion - lol - sorry what a community. I now understand why so few people even use this forum - and i think i will stop using it as well.

  • AgentMoore.9453AgentMoore.9453 Member ✭✭✭

    While technically the company did respond with 'please contact support', that's really not been a solution for people who have already done so and been told 'nah' in regards to having gold restored to their accounts. This is not the official response most people are wanting; they want a PR person to visit the forum and explain the situations people are in even if it's bad news.

    It would quell a lot of the misery right now if a dev stopped by, even if all they said was: "Yeah, it's true that there are some things we won't be able to restore to your accounts. Please be patient and work with support, but also understand that there are some things we can't recover for you. We're sorry about that, guys."

    PR is a department for a reason. It's important. No matter how simple the message or basic the information, consumers want to hear from the people in charge when there's a widespread issue whether you're at a Walmart or a game forum. That is a natural human want.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @starK.9127 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    Maybe because the suggestion is out of line?

    Lol i now understand more and more what people in other big forums write about ppl in this forum.

    I am out of line by making a suggestion - lol - sorry what a community. I now understand why so few people even use this forum - and i think i will stop using it as well.

    I never said that you were out of line. I posited that your suggestion may be out of line.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    We also don't know the whole story. Some people who are claiming that Anet is not restoring gold my not be qualified to that in this latest scenario for that resolution.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    Well, the entire EU player base was impacted one way or another, and being annoying to anet by spamming the forums with demands isn't going to magically speed up the process for that "113 Gold".

    I didn't make this thread on behalf of my 113 gold but on behalf of the whole EU community who has not been addressed yet regarding this issue (unless the link I posted was addressing this particular issue, but then they need to fix the link, because the link leads to an error page).

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Or hire a community relations manager that would frequently interact with players in game and on the forum..

    Oh wait... they had one who was allowed to resign without a replacement.

    This. ;)

    Also, it would help if their subsequent links would actually work or, alternatively, they'd post the actual issue addressed in their thread's subject line so that a (broken) link wouldn't be needed.

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    Well, the entire EU player base was impacted one way or another, and being annoying to anet by spamming the forums with demands isn't going to magically speed up the process for that "113 Gold".

    I didn't make this thread on behalf of my 113 gold but on behalf of the whole EU community who has not been addressed yet regarding this issue (unless the link I posted was addressing this particular issue, but then they need to fix the link, because the link leads to an error page).

    You already have an existing thread on it. Anet said to contact CS. What do you not understand about Anet’s official response???

  • Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @starK.9127 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    Maybe because the suggestion is out of line?

    Lol i now understand more and more what people in other big forums write about ppl in this forum.

    I am out of line by making a suggestion - lol - sorry what a community. I now understand why so few people even use this forum - and i think i will stop using it as well.

    Forget it starK, its Chinatown. =)

  • Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @AzureSky.3175 said:

    @Tiilimon.6094 said:
    I'm quite sure the problems with missing gold will be resolved as well eventually, but they might have quite a lot of work to do so it might not happen very quickly.

    Possibly, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt there for now, but responses in the thread I linked suggest that Anet has rejected all these requests until now.

    It's like i said before: I truly believe, that Anet meant well, and that they've initially just made a honest mistake. If so, they should fix that mistake however - but so far everything seems to imply they neither intend to do so, nor even admit something might have went wrong.

    And while making a mistake may (depending on said mistake, and the impact you think it had on the game and the community) not be a big issue, refusing to fix it (when it's clear the mistake is already causing problems and the community doesn;t react well to it) definitely is.

    Not the first time they made a questionable decision and then had some serious issues with admitting any kind of wrongdoing.
    Whoever has the final word should be in touch with the game more and think things through a bit more if you ask me...
    Oh well, it is what it is, a mess.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    This thread has been up for days, the issue known since Tuesday - yet no ArenaNet employee felt obliged to give us any information on the matter.

    Players demand answers.

    P.S. The link provided here does not work, by the way, so I don't know whether it's related to this.

    Likely was supposed to redirect to: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047546674-European-Server-Rollback-Issue-12-05-2020

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

    Ah, that article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

    Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

    Which brings me back to my original plea: Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    Ah, that article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

    Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

    Which brings me back to my original plea: Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

    Here is your official response...

    "If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

    That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zombyturtle.5980 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    Ah, that article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

    Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

    Which brings me back to my original plea: Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

    Here is your official response...

    "If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

    That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

    What are you not understanding about the fact OP ALREADY DID THIS and was denied a refund of their gold. And then their ticked was closed. Are they meant to create another new ticket (and likely get the same response) over and over?

    TBH if anet has told people they arent refunding gold in those tickets, thats an official response too. Ive seen others in the past who have also tried to get gold re added to their account and it was always denied.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zombyturtle.5980 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    Ah, that article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

    Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

    Which brings me back to my original plea: Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

    Here is your official response...

    "If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

    That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

    What are you not understanding about the fact OP ALREADY DID THIS and was denied a refund of their gold. And then their ticked was closed. Are they meant to create another new ticket (and likely get the same response) over and over?

    Anet said to take thing up with CS, so take things up with CS. Ask for specific items back if Anet said no to gold, but ask CS and provide details to CS so CS can look thing up and make a decision.

  • kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

    +1 for "gibe free mount license" :/

  • Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Actually, I was thinking. Instead of requesting gold for the item(s) that sold, simply request the item replaced. Then sell it again. I realize this is adding yet another layer of complexity, but if support CANNOT return gold, then at least the item is back. The glitched weapons, or precursors, or legendaries, or whatnot.

    They can at that time also look at whether the item was duped, since I've heard several reports of that. Yes, it does essentially add another of whatever item it was, but I can't think of ANYTHING that would be hurt by adding a few. Presumably support would look a little more closely at before/after on accounts with the high ticket things, infusions and the like, but still. For those who genuinely lost on that gold, it would be something.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    @Etria.3642 said:
    Actually, I was thinking. Instead of requesting gold for the item(s) that sold, simply request the item replaced. Then sell it again.

    They won't do that, because the item got already sold. Even if the person that bought it was also from EU and thus got it rollbacked, they can ask for a replacement, since the item itself is covered by Anet's current policy. Support is not going to restore the item to seller, because that would be duplicating it.

    (besides, there would also be the case of lost TP tax in such a case, which for precursors, legendaries and infusions is not a small issue)

    That in itself is understandable. The problem is that in this case Anet's policy seem to protect only one side in the TP transaction, but not the other.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @zombyturtle.5980 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    Ah, that article. Okay, thank you for providing the correct link. :+1:

    Well, it's still not explicitly addressing the TP gold issue, and from the previous support answers I received I keep wondering whether ANet is aware of this particular issue and actually going to do something about it.

    Which brings me back to my original plea: Can we get an official response on the missing Gold issue?

    Here is your official response...

    "If you find that you are still missing items or account progress, submit a ticket and Customer Support will help you as soon as possible."

    That means wait for your "113 Gold". Anet CS was already backed up so wait. There are tons of accounts that CS has to go through and resolve issues for and you're not the only player, so wait.

    What are you not understanding about the fact OP ALREADY DID THIS and was denied a refund of their gold. And then their ticked was closed. Are they meant to create another new ticket (and likely get the same response) over and over?

    TBH if anet has told people they arent refunding gold in those tickets, thats an official response too. Ive seen others in the past who have also tried to get gold re added to their account and it was always denied.

    And do you feel happy with that response? Do you think it's fair?
    That's the whole point of this tread: argumenting that.

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Hyrai.8720Hyrai.8720 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    There is a crash/error on the servers that creates log in issues. Then we run on the forums and alert anet. Then anet posts we are aware. Then they diagnose it. Then perform maintenance to fix it. The whole time they tell us every step of the way.

    The thing is...
    there were no login issues on monday morning before ANet took the servers down for maintenance. so unless a player noticed something missing from his inventory (or read his ingame chat for once to see all the players going crazy :smiley: ) there was no way of knowing that there was a rollback or any current issues with the servers.
    they could play mindlessly for 6 hours without any login issues or any ingame warning from ANet.
    by that time there were already several posts on this forum, twitter, reddit etc., but not a single one ingame. as far as i'm informed, there wasnt even a warning when ANet shut down the servers. people just got kicked - THAT's when they knew there were issues.