Lich Form

Nightcore.5621

@Zoid.2568 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:i just tested it. on any light armor class you die 2 hit on auto attack

You can dodge, block, stun, daze, blind etc.

so 2 hits and u die still not overpowered?

Then get more HP. If you die of 2 hits it means you have 14k health only and that's not enough in pvp. Try getting at least 25k.

okay mr nothing wrong whit 7k auto attack skill for 10 seks is not overpowered ...

@Nightcore.5621 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:i just tested it. on any light armor class you die 2 hit on auto attack

Then get more HP. If you die of 2 hits it means you have 14k health only and that's not enough in pvp. Try getting at least 25k.

okay mr nothing wrong whit 7k auto attack skill for 10 seks is not overpowered ...

seems more like mr. knows-more-than-you ;)

The paradox of Lich Form is that it's powerful enough to justify focusing the necro, but also very fairly easy to counter by focusing the necro. That makes it a very clunky, swingy skill that's due for an overhaul but just nerfing the damage would make it rubbish.

Also it only lasts for 10 seconds in PvP as of a month ago.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

No it's not overpowered.

Cause necro's kit is.... Very obvious and clear to tell animations. Also very slow animations even with quickness.And outside of like 3 or 4 skills, necro's dmg is really bad compared to other classes.

While I'd be happy to finally get rid of the lich form transformation, If you're bothered by 7k crit on auto attack, just use a skill to reflect these very easy to see incoming damages. The projectiles and cast time are pretty slow. All professions have the tools to counter those projectiles. Your builds might not have them but can you blame the game when you don't use what it give you?

If you are getting hit for 7k you are probably bursting players for a similar amount in your own way without using an elite skill but you dont ever really want to talk about that part right. For it to hit 7k on a player it means that player has no investment in defenses and you knew this going into the situation. You are built all for offense and likely doing more damage than the necromancer is outside of its elite without having to use your own elite.Further more at this point it should be expected that a necromancer especially those built for power damage will have lich on their bar even i fail to think about this from time to time and get caught off guard by sudden lich. But when you think about it its no different from fighting guardians and not expecting them to renewed focus and turn the fight on you because you forgot about it.

Keep in mind this skill last 10s and has a very very very long cooldown while also locking their utility.Of the 5 skills on the bar skills 2 3 basically deal very little or no damage skill 4 takes a considerable amount of time to summon and its damage is not instant by any means and skill 5 is more like a hp leach over time. There is a reason why the auto hits hard.

While im not a fan of the disengage is the only option vs a skill practice (depending on your profession) making the autos invalidated without considering the rest of the kit combined with previous nerfs is also not acceptable.

Ye sure, let's nerf dmg on an elite skill that's locked behind a 2 and a half minute cooldown, one that can be easily countered and even shut down via CC because it pulses 1 stability instead of the 2 that Rampage gets (which also has a lower cool down). Honestly, if you get the lich into a wall and put Well of Corruption on it, that's it for them, they're "perma" feared for the duration of the skill. If you have beef with 7k crit..what do you make of Power Spike mesmers or Thieves?

@Nightcore.5621 said:7k crit hit damge in pvp ? the skill is way to overpowered even whit maximum toughness its kills you 2 hit almost on auto attackA zerk amulet + scholar rune necro with full offensive traits (PvE build!) deals 7000 damage with lich on the light armored golem.

Sorry but if you can't deal with a PvE build that can pop a highly telegraphed nuke skill every 150 seconds, then the problem is located on your side.

I kill that build (from 100 to 0 HP) before it can land two autos as it's incredibly vulnerable in lich form.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

It takes 3 seconds to hit 2x of those "7k autos".

1s cast, then 1s per auto.

If u stand still for 3 seconds i can same way kill you with a shroud spin skill or almost anything else. Lich form has lots of counterplay, most necros dont like its clunkyness and unreliability, its strong but often does 0 but get you killed. L2p and youll be stomping liches.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:7k crit hit damge in pvp ? the skill is way to overpowered even whit maximum toughness its kills you 2 hit almost on auto attackA zerk amulet + scholar rune necro with full offensive traits (PvE build!) deals 7000 damage with lich on the light armored golem.

Sorry but if you can't deal with a PvE build that can pop a highly telegraphed nuke skill every 150 seconds, then the problem is located on your side.

I kill that build (from 100 to 0 HP) before it can land two autos as it's incredibly vulnerable in lich form.

I play nerco My self is not about me deal whith it i just dont find it balance to kill in almost 2 hit something..

@"Nightcore.5621" said:

I play nerco My self is not about me deal whith it i just dont find it balance to kill in almost 2 hit something..

Look at it like it's the thief's assassin's signet but as elite and with a lot more constraints. The signet give a 540 boost in power for 5 second every 20 seconds equivalent to 15 extra might stacks increasing significantly every single attack the thief use in those 5 seconds (AA included) for the lich form it's the same, you gain the equivalent of a huge load of power for 10 seconds but you're gated by a 150 seconds CD.

That said, if you think lich AA is an issue because it can 2 shot a player, you'll soon come over again to say that gravedigger is an issue for the same reason. And fact is that lich AA is gated behind a lot more "walls" and countered by a lot more in game mechanisms than gravedigger is.

Clearification for newbies:

Your target pops lich at the beginning of the fight with full health:

• You have all your tools (dodges, ports to LOS, blinds, counterburst) to kill him a lot faster than he can kill you.

Your target pops lich in the middle of the fight with half health:

• You can twoshot him before he can twoshot you.

Lich has one single useful scenario:

• You stay in the background and finish targets while they are not capable of counter-focussing you. This happens usually in silver division and below. These are the "pls get gud before you make balance suggestions" divisions.

What happens in plat and above:

• You pop lich - which is putting a "pls burst me, I am a freekill for 10s" mark abvove your head - and you die in 3 to 5 seconds, while half of your attacks got blocked, reflected or blinded.

What happens when you fight 5 glassy lich necros that try to cheese with 5x lich popup:

• These builds can't support each other. You can easily peel one after another as they can't sustain a 2 or even 3v1 focus for more than 3 seconds.

When I fight a lich necro, the moment he pops lich I know I have won the encounter. This isn't pre-nerf warrior rampage that could pop endure pain before usage to be invulnerable with pulsing stability und stunlock its target while dealing 7k damage with its auto attacks!

@Vancho.8750 said:Ok nerf the basic attack but make the Lich form actually useful and not a death trap. Wish elites for core and reaper were good and not maybe it will do something type of skill.A well designed skill that can be balanced without reworking it again and again? That's a bit too much to ask for from that dev!