Vermillion Wings Gliders is everything I wanted. (Details inside) - [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Vermillion Wings Gliders is everything I wanted. (Details inside) - [Merged]

Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 6, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

PSA: The wings will cause a huge FPS drop. You have been warned.

I just wanted to give a shout out to whoever designed this item.

1.) They are dyable (backpack/glider)
2.) They flap when you jump
3.) They are feathered wings that are different (Phoenix wings)
4.) The dye channels are fantastic
5.) The trail effect while gliding is a nice touch
6.) The transition from jumping to gliding is smooth

Well done! I do not regret the 70 keys it took me to acquire.

Comments

• Limodriver.4106Limodriver.4106 Member ✭✭✭

or u can wait 4 months to buy it from the vendor for 60 statuettes. They should put it on the vendor right away since we wasted so many keys not getting it from BLC.

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

I also want to say that the design, dye channels, and animations are superb. Well done!

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

But its unobtainable unless u are really lycky..... Spent all my keys no wings..... until a golden key! I have been asking for wings like that! Take my gems A-net.

Edit: Now - I GOT THEM!!!! YAY!!! They look awsome!!!

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

They've become my favorite item in the game so far. I've always wanted a pair of feathered wings that can be dyed. I'm currently going all white for a kind of angel look and it fits perfectly.
    My only issue with them is if you want to make them Black they still glow slightly white especially when gliding but other than that they are amazing.

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

I'm beyond impressed at the wings.
    However, I'm also beyond depressed as I won't be able to get my hands on those until after X months.
    I had no luck with keys.
    My friend gifted me 50 keys...
    I bought 30 more...
    No luck. :/

Here's how they look on my char in preview.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/664924014782971907/737779313062969384/gw690.jpg

• Morvar.9864Morvar.9864 Member ✭✭

Spent 272 keys for them. Not sure yet if regretting..

• I wish I could try for them, but I made a large purchase recently, so I can't spend money for a while. :/

Resident Weeb and Woman of Culture

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Limodriver.4106 said:
    or u can wait 4 months to buy it from the vendor for 60 statuettes. They should put it on the vendor right away since we wasted so many keys not getting it from BLC.

no, it should be in the gem store so we can buy them directly instead of gambling for it.

This one gets it.

• Hoover.6394Hoover.6394 Member ✭✭✭

To key or not to key....

• the wings are awesome, i saved up enough statues to get a gold key, got them on my first roll

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

RIP all previous wing backpack / gliders :cry:

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

@Solanum.6983 said:
    They've become my favorite item in the game so far. I've always wanted a pair of feathered wings that can be dyed. I'm currently going all white for a kind of angel look and it fits perfectly.
    My only issue with them is if you want to make them Black they still glow slightly white especially when gliding but other than that they are amazing.

Do u have a screenshot?

• torakun.9638torakun.9638 Member ✭✭

10th and my last key.. Perfect for my ele.. Seriously happy now! Looks amazing on my asura as well!

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

@zealex.9410 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Limodriver.4106 said:

no, it should be in the gem store so we can buy them directly instead of gambling for it.

This one gets it.

Yeah, but they won't do that if they don't have to. Not as long as there are people willing to spend hundreds of euro/dollars/pounds on chances to get them.

I'll wait for the statuette version unless I get it from a map completion key.

• Inb4 someone cosplays as Devil Jin from Tekken 😂

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭

@Hoover.6394 said:
    To key or not to key....

You mean to gamble or not to gamble :D
    It is quite pretty but not really to my liking. Just like the Wyrm's breath cape, I find them not worthy to gamble for. The wings look over sized to me. I still prefer that Spellforged backpack. But, good luck to those who decide to go for it.

• I definitely think they’re an amazing pair of wings so kudos to whoever designed them! I’m looking forward to having a play around with different looks with them! I must just have luck though because I got these and the Wyrm cape both with 70 keys 🙈 but like everyone says it’s just a luck factor but I do agree some of these prestige items should be made purchasable with gems but I also like the exclusivity and nostalgia it brings with it

• choon.6308choon.6308 Member ✭✭

Wyrm's breath is way, way cooler and unique. I don't like wings so good thing I don't need to spend a dime for key gambling again.

• Lilyanna.9361Lilyanna.9361 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was actually trying to go for the Wyrm cape and I got the wings instead lmao. 50 Keys and still no cape 🤣 But I've throughly enjoyed my time with the chests.

This is what people need to realize: Know when to stop. Have some self control on your wallet, finances instead of assuming all boxes are the devil. Stop trying to aim for specific stuff and expecting to get it. If you don't want to gamble or don't trust yourself? Don't. For those that don't mind doing it for the kicks like me? Go for it.

Right before this patch I also ended up getting the Seven Reaper Gauntlets and Monarch Dragon with 30 keys from last week (still no cape tho :<)

• snoow.1694snoow.1694 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

And I love it. Thank you to ArenaNet and to the employee who designed them. It took luckily only 5 keys to get them =)

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Limodriver.4106 said:

I would prefer to have a premium gem option. Chang the "Exclusive" to "Premium Chest Rewards". If you could sell them in the AH that would work.

I have terrible luck. It took my 72 keys to get. I could of burnt 100 keys (which was my hard stop), and not got it. They got me. The problem is a lot of these keys were free and from key farming. They could get more from me by charging a premium 2000 gem option. Even if it's for one week alone.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭

You are so lucky. It took me 72 keys. I had a friend waste 250 keys and not get it. My fiance got it in 12. You can technically not get it in 1000 keys. Which is depressing. :-( I think you should always get a chose an uncommon reward at 100.

• Dog.1472Dog.1472 Member ✭✭

5 keys is insanely lucky

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
    As an asura, I do this all the time.”

edited July 29, 2020

@Josiah.2967 said:
    You are so lucky. It took me 72 keys. I had a friend waste 250 keys and not get it. My fiance got it in 12. You can technically not get it in 1000 keys. Which is depressing. :-( I think you should always get a chose an uncommon reward at 100.

&

@Dog.1472 said:
    5 keys is insanely lucky

I bought 1600 gems for 20€, got the Pyre & Storm Gloves for 500 gems each and thought to myself why not invest 450 gems into 5 keys to try my luck lol
    Crazy, I thought they were just an uncommon drop

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

Next, some dyeable backpiece/glider combos that aren't wings, please.

• KidRoleplay.3615KidRoleplay.3615 Member ✭✭✭

@Felipe.1807 said:
    not my thing, think is kind of weird having a pair of wings on not being able to fly lol not only that, but it clips a lot with weapons...its like the Black/White Wings but 10 times more obnoxious since they are all shiny and stuff.

Agreed. People have always liked their (tacky) wings though, so the "fashion meta" hasn't shifted in the slightest. A.net just caters to that for profit. It's cool to see them give people what they want.

• Congrats on the awesome luck!
    My 14 keys dropped no rares, must get my butt back to key farming.
    (Can't complain, though, when I MFed all the new exotics, I ended up with my first-ever precursor drop!)

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Lovely wings, I am not gambling for them though.

• @Dog.1472 said:
    5 keys is insanely lucky

i bought a gold key with all the statues i'd saved up and got it first try.
    now if only i could get one of those precursor drops

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭

So shiny. ArenaNet have created a new level of shininess.

• Opal.9324Opal.9324 Member ✭✭✭

They're everything I wanted too. Unfortunately my luck is almost nonexistent when it comes to RNG, and I'm not in a situation where I can afford to blow a bunch of money on keys.

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭

Im tired of wings give us something New that we have not seen yet

• Besetment.9187Besetment.9187 Member ✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

It dyes really nicely but I just can't not wear capes. Capes are the ultimate lore friendly backpieces.

• Guess I've been relatively lucky then! Bought 25 keys and I got them at the 16th try. At the 17th opening I also got the Raptor skin, that for me it's meh, but whatever. I also like the guaranteed pouches dropping exotic weapons with very rare chances of precursors, even if they basically drop garbage exotics you can get lucky and recoup some the cost of the keys (I made roughly 40g from them, not that much). As a side note I also dropped 1 Fear Dye via the Kralkatorrik Dye Kit, which may be worth some gold in the next months if it will regain some value.

• It being a BL chest exclusive is just heartbreaking.. I'd buy it in an instant were it a normal gem store bundle

• XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

It's great if you're lucky and congrats to the people who got them. For me, Lootboxes make me sad. :disappointed:
    Never won anything.

Eponymously known as 'Tanya' despite many alts
    Beetle Gymkhana @ Crimson Post Reset TT
    Home Course: Bloodtide Coast, Spiral Track aka Bloodtide Slide

• Thinking of giving it a gamble too. Would it still be in the chest by the time anniversary sales roll around at the end of the month? Might just wait if for that if so

• A recommendation to all players looking to get these wings:
    Check how many Statuettes you have saved up, if you have at least 50, buy a "Gold Black lion key" first from the Black lion merchant, although not a guaranteed drop, it is a higher chance than the standard key.

• Im very dissapointed with the drop rate...tried to get the vermilion wings opened 30+ chests yesterday and got the raptor..which if i wanted i would have bought.. I dont think ill ever put money in the game again..

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭

These will likely find their way into the statuette NPC's loot bag. Be patient all...I know I am after not getting it in 25 :'(

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll never spend real money to gamble for items. Of it's not on the gemstore or obtainable in-game I'm not getting it.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cool. Now reworke the AP backpieces to be dyeable and have glider skins and rework the legendary backpieces to be dyeable as well and I'm fine.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cool. Now reworke the AP backpieces to be dyeable and have glider skins and rework the legendary backpieces to be dyeable as well and I'm fine.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

@Besetment.9187 said:
    It dyes really nicely but I just can't not wear capes. Capes are the ultimate lore friendly backpieces.

I would LOVE to see a cape in the same style as the Vermilion Wings and also with the dyable sparkles lol

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2020

I would never buy keys with money to unlock this since I believe it should be sold in the gem store directly instead of being exclusive in chests, but I got a free key from dragonfall map completion and opened a chest to get the vermillion wings backpack and glider combo on the first try lol. Guess that's how lootboxes work - some get it first go while others may never get it.