God of WvW - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

God of WvW

2>

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

What percentage of existing max WvW rank players got it, or the majority of ranks, through EotM?

• ImperialWL.7138ImperialWL.7138 Member ✭✭✭

@Roxory.9854 said:
    A title for a game mode in which that game mode does not allow titles to be shown??? I am so confused. I got to wvw rank 10,000 and all I got was a wvw title that people cannot see in wvw. Gold, armor, a pat on the back would have been better than this.... Meanwhile kick all the hardcore players of wvw right in the nuts and tell them bawahahaha your grind to 2000 and all your boosters and buffs, weeks of playing in double xp was meaningless.

Everyone else can see your title, no? You just can't see your own.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:
    an Apache helicopter of WvW ?

I think the Warclaw is more than enough mount for WvW, but dare I say your comment has me intrigued.

Could make it a 2k gem glider skin, lol.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:
    an Apache helicopter of WvW ?

I think the Warclaw is more than enough mount for WvW, but dare I say your comment has me intrigued.

I believe he was referring to this.

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Sounds like a title that will paint a bullseye on your head...

And the red "Diamond Legend" above your head isn't already?

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

gratz to all who got the tittle !! :)

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW server
    Leg champ., champ. magus, champ. phantom & champ. hunter
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, DoD, DwD.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Sounds like a title that will paint a bullseye on your head...

people already target and troll the high rank people with or without the title :D

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW server
    Leg champ., champ. magus, champ. phantom & champ. hunter
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, DoD, DwD.

• @Talindra.4958 said:

Thank you :D

I like to congratulate people when they celebrate a rank up. Some people feel good when they reach a new rank tier or approach a rank goal they've had. Most people scoff or ignore it, and though it's true it is a trivial achievement, for some people it's the only one they're proud of or excited about. I used to get hyped every time I approached or reached a new tier, and I still remember how good it felt, so I like to share that with the people who are doing the same.

I agree with many of the things people here are saying, and I would still love for ANet to add titles for each rank tier. But as is, I'm happy to be acknowledged for putting so much time in to WvW.
    I like the title, it's the only one I have that's rare, it is replacing all my Champion titles which I've been using for the last 6 years, and it's something I'm proud of achieving in my GW2 life. I honestly didn't figure it'd be even discussed when I saw it because I figured most people would just lol about it and move on.

What ever the case, cheers for the positive attitude <3 !

My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [tBag] Making Friends Everywhere I Go | [chi] Uhehehe

• Taylan.2187Taylan.2187 Member ✭✭✭

@Zok.4956 said:

@Taylan.2187 said:
    A few months ago I semi-regularly started to run with zergs and use any celebration boosters I had on WvW, and am up to about 1200 already.

Thats good for you. However, I do believe that your statement is a little bit exaggerated. How long exactely did it take for you to get from WvW rank 0 to WvW rank 1200? And how many hours per day were you playing during this time constantly? Where you mainly running with a k-train zerg all the time?

Correction first of all: looks like I'm on 1050 now, for some reason I had 1200 in mind.

It's hard to tell how long it took exactly, because there are times where I play all night with a zerg, then there are times I don't log in for an entire week. I first started to run with the zerg very frequently for hours every night at the beginning of our Corona lockdown and spent all the 24-hour celebration boosters I had stashed. I think I was only about rank 200 at the beginning, and I stopped playing all that frequently after 2-3 months. In the last month I've barely been getting to the final diamond chest every week, whereas during the time I played all night I would sometimes get it the first day after reset...

Too chaotic / too many variables to make a good calculation I'm afraid.

• Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭

@Samug.6512 said:
    Petition for "Alliances When" title!

2nd

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

I like to congratulate people when they celebrate a rank up. Some people feel good when they reach a new rank tier or approach a rank goal they've had. Most people scoff or ignore it, and though it's true it is a trivial achievement, for some people it's the only one they're proud of or excited about. I used to get hyped every time I approached or reached a new tier, and I still remember how good it felt, so I like to share that with the people who are doing the same.

I agree with many of the things people here are saying, and I would still love for ANet to add titles for each rank tier. But as is, I'm happy to be acknowledged for putting so much time in to WvW.
    I like the title, it's the only one I have that's rare, it is replacing all my Champion titles which I've been using for the last 6 years, and it's something I'm proud of achieving in my GW2 life. I honestly didn't figure it'd be even discussed when I saw it because I figured most people would just lol about it and move on.

What happens after 10k? I assume you still level every 5,000 exp for rewards but does it keep trak of what your true level is at least even tho no more ranks?

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• @Jilora.9524 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

What happens after 10k? I assume you still level every 5,000 exp for rewards but does it keep trak of what your true level is at least even tho no more ranks?

The blue bar at the bottom of the screen still progresses and you still get chests and the notification that you have "ranked up", but it's always the same rank. It doesn't keep track of your "true" rank post-10k.

You also don't get any additional Mastery Points. Not that you could even spend them if you did since you can max everything out at like what, 1k?

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

The blue bar at the bottom of the screen still progresses and you still get chests and the notification that you have "ranked up", but it's always the same rank. It doesn't keep track of your "true" rank post-10k.

You also don't get any additional Mastery Points. Not that you could even spend them if you did since you can max everything out at like what, 1k?

Ok, ty. That's unfair tho if they ever increased cap and you lost all the levels you had above 10,000.

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

"We looked up the stats on how many rank 10,000's there were, at some point in time, I don't remember the number anymore." - Cal
    "There weren't that many, but I think there were more than we thought there were if that makes sense." - Ray
    "I wanna say it was triple digits, maybe it was high double digits, I don't remember." - Cal
    "LOL" - Me

• archmagus.7249archmagus.7249 Member ✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Metzie.3451 said:
    Who, for the love of "anything", is interested in a (10k rank) WvW title in the first place?

The people with 10k ranks.

Everytime I saw that type of thread I would say,

"Okay but increase max rank to 20k and put it there."

As you can imagine, I got no response to that rofl...

They should increase the max rank even further... Say 65535. Then when they rank up again, their rank goes to -1

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Btw, if anyone is rank 10k+, how much does it cost from vendor?

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just farm the grub.

• U rly hate God of WvW becouse u need play so long and do karma train ? .. try get pvp kitten God of PvP and then hate anet.. a title that can be get only by wintrade one per month.

• archmagus.7249archmagus.7249 Member ✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:

You need to wear the wvw legendary gloves, upgrade them with gems, then snap your fingers and kill half of all players in WvW.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@archmagus.7249 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

You need to wear the wvw legendary gloves, upgrade them with gems, then snap your fingers and kill half of all players in WvW.

Mmh ok, next one please.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @ImperialWL.7138 said:
    The title has 0 prestige because as a purely grind-based achievement, 10k rank is way too easy. They should've also added 1 million kills as a requirement (UD x 4).

OR

Make meaningful rewards tied to Automated Tournaments but for 15v15 GvG, with monthly competitions with the winners of each receiving unique titles, gizmos and monetary rewards.

Obviously we all know which one we'd prefer but WvW has been in the dumpster since reward tracks, and this is better than nothing. Everyone can get this title if they want it bad enough, which is what makes it worthless. Still cool though.

Only 4 of us would have the title the first way though, and realisticly only 2 still even log in. I would rather get a different title for the million kills, but even then people would only cry and say "too grindy" "you just spam necro" "you got those kills spamming 1 on guard"

Speaking of prestige, not even god of pvp is prestigious, sorry god of wintrading or god of credit card. Also best of the best is more like best of the sellers since the first monthly.

The only prestige the titles have are given by yourself, if you know you've gotten it legitimately like me and others and deserved it, then it has a meaning.

vabbi.eu

• @Zaraki.5784 said:

it's free, you can buy as many stacks as u want https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/665187264544112643/743862783942328370/1409.png

vabbi.eu

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2020

I recently finished Ultimate Dominator and Diamond Legend. In the last year I logged over 3k wvw levels and 80k kills. That was switching to 50/50 or so zerging/roaming from mostly roaming. I run a thief 99% of the time. I wasn't in any major zerg or GvG guilds. A person focused on WvW zerging in a zerg guild with routine transfers to tier 1, can probably get there in 2-3 years with heavy play.

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

80k kills in a year equals around one every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. Congratulations on wasting so much of your life on a meaningless title that others farmed and hence you are all tarred with the same brush.

If only they had copied over Guild Wars into this game, eg Guild vs Guild, the faction battles, etc then we might have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

• @Baldrick.8967 said:
    80k kills in a year equals around one every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. Congratulations on wasting so much of your life on a meaningless title that others farmed and hence you are all tarred with the same brush.

If only they had copied over Guild Wars into this game, eg Guild vs Guild, the faction battles, etc then we might have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

What a crappy thing to say to someone.

"You wasted time and achieved nothing."

I don't understand why some people hate this so much. There are lots of rare and/or equally pointless titles, but to some people they mean something. And you know what, even if they don't mean kitten to them it still doesn't matter because it has about as much impact on the game as the dyes you choose for your armor. There's no reason for people to put others down for having something they don't, or because ANet added something that's "pointless" to some people.

I feel sorry for those of you who can't be happy for other people, and instead only care about what it means to you.

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

@Baldrick.8967 said:

What a crappy thing to say to someone.

"You wasted time and achieved nothing."

I don't understand why some people hate this so much. There are lots of rare and/or equally pointless titles, but to some people they mean something. And you know what, even if they don't mean kitten to them it still doesn't matter because it has about as much impact on the game as the dyes you choose for your armor. There's no reason for people to put others down for having something they don't, or because ANet added something that's "pointless" to some people.

I feel sorry for those of you who can't be happy for other people, and instead only care about what it means to you.

All gaming is, by definition, a waste of time. It's what we choose to do with our time (personally I waste a lot of time gaming, but I'm at a stage in life where I can more than afford it and recognise it for what it is). It's not a matter of 'hating'. It's nothing to do with putting others down for 'having something they don't' (you might care to check who owns all the accounts btw). The titles were rendered meaningless even within the context of the game by player actions gaming the system- which was my main point. You then tried reading too much into my comments and added your own emotional layering to it.

I can be happy for other people, your assumptions say a lot more about you than they say about me, as you appear to be doing exactly what you are pointing out and feeling 'sorry' for...

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:

(Not 10k personally) it costs nothing and you can buy as many of the title as you want , not that it matters.

@Baldrick.8967 said:

It's just over 3 ranks a day since the launch of the game. All I'm reading from you is "I don't have that much time commitment to the game but someone else that has it shouldn't be rewarded with anything for their extra time commitment". If you believe what you write is true, you're basically proposing what I wrote earlier, everyone with God of WvW title should have the option to have one copy of Eternity because the amount of time spent in WvW means they could have gotten it in PvE/PVP many times over (even more if you count gems to gold).

Even if farmed, it takes a long time.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with this. It just means that only the most dedicated of players will get the title. Keep in mind that the title has no other applications - no AP, no mastery, no rewards. It's just a title.

I've pretty much accepted that I probably won't be getting this title, but I probably won't be getting Ultimate Dominator either, and that title actually awards AP. So yeah.

• Antioche.7034Antioche.7034 Member ✭✭
    edited August 18, 2020

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

@ImperialWL.7138 said:
    The title has 0 prestige because as a purely grind-based achievement, 10k rank is way too easy. They should've also added 1 million kills as a requirement (UD x 4).

OR

Make meaningful rewards tied to Automated Tournaments but for 15v15 GvG, with monthly competitions with the winners of each receiving unique titles, gizmos and monetary rewards.

Obviously we all know which one we'd prefer but WvW has been in the dumpster since reward tracks, and this is better than nothing. Everyone can get this title if they want it bad enough, which is what makes it worthless. Still cool though.

Only 4 of us would have the title the first way though, and realisticly only 2 still even log in. I would rather get a different title for the million kills, but even then people would only cry and say "too grindy" "you just spam necro" "you got those kills spamming 1 on guard"

Speaking of prestige, not even god of pvp is prestigious, sorry god of wintrading or god of credit card. Also best of the best is more like best of the sellers since the first monthly.

The only prestige the titles have are given by yourself, if you know you've gotten it legitimately like me and others and deserved it, then it has a meaning.

To be honest God of PvP is prestigious, even if /some/ players have wintraded. Usually the wintraders are kinda known. Best of the best is way less prestigious indeed, but it's still miles ahead of something like God of WvW or God of Fractals. Even if you legit get God of WvW or God of Fractals it won't be really prestigious because of the requirements for it. GvG matches being ranked and getting titles for top-positions would really be more prestigious, and it's kinda sad to see that WvW doesn't have the equivalent of sPvP in that regard, and instead Anet feeds the gamemode with stuff like God of WvW.
    Don't misunderstand, I guess it's better than nothing, but it's still sad/not great/whatever you wish to call it.

• @Antioche.7034 said:

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

@ImperialWL.7138 said:

OR

To be honest God of PvP is prestigious, even if /some/ players have wintraded. Usually the wintraders are kinda known. Best of the best is way less prestigious indeed, but it's still miles ahead of something like God of WvW or God of Fractals. Even if you legit get God of WvW or God of Fractals it won't be really prestigious because of the requirements for it. GvG matches being ranked and getting titles for top-positions would really be more prestigious, and it's kinda sad to see that WvW doesn't have the equivalent of sPvP in that regard, and instead Anet feeds the gamemode with stuff like God of WvW.
    Don't misunderstand, I guess it's better than nothing, but it's still sad/not great/whatever you wish to call it.

it doesn't have a pvp equivalent because it's impossible to give such a thing? there's no rank 1 wvwer, it doesn't exist even if you win gvg, you win gvg, i've played gvg for a long time, i got 1 million kills, got 10k ranks years ago.
    and i said god of pvp isn't prestigious because not even those that have it say it's worth anything.

if you wanna speak about relevancy, there's only community conqueror (first 5) and masters of the arena

vabbi.eu

• but what about athiests? surely this title also affects them

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

UD is still better. God of wvw is a joke

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

I love the tears in this thread.

• I wish they'd let you show off your titles or at least add an option so you can make it jsut for you if people are gonna make a big deal out of it!

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

@Baldrick.8967 said:

I have plenty of GW achievements to go along with my GW2 ones. In WvW, you get credit for tagging players in large scale play so it is pretty easy to rack up a few hundred kills in a couple hours of group play when the fighting is active. No need to kill players one at a time every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. As for farming for a title, I didn't. I play because I enjoy the game and I am still playing even after maxing out all the WvW achievements. God of WvW wasn't even a thing when I started or finished.

My point is that if a person wants to get a "long term" WvW title, it is still achievable just takes focus on large scale play.

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭

God of obsidian sanctum rank farming

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero