What makes Mad King's Labirynth bosses SO MUCH FUN?!

Malafaia.8903

I'm not much of a hardcore PvE guy. I love open world, meta events and PvP content on GW2.I would never join these lab farms if pvp season was still going (and the balance wasn't that chaos), but i've played it for like 3 hours in a row yesterday as a support Ele and it was a fucking blast!

Anyone could recommend more PvE content like this? I mean, when i'm fighting world bosses it's always for the loot, it's boring, there's no sense of real contribution to the fight.Otherwise, in this event bosses you KNOW you have to CC them bitches or they're going to wreck the shit out of everyone, ie.So, the question is, what makes those bosse's fights so much fun?

Uhhh honestly the majority doesnt consider them fun, thats why most lfg groups say "skip bosses" it takes too long to kill them for 0 payoff(gee unrewarding boss fight in gw2 amirite?) . To answer your question though you might want to try and kill the roaming ley-line anomaly from the current event achievemennt tab. Google it so youbknow where it spanwns and at what time. But now with the haloween event and the expansion i dont know if people still kill it. You have to cc the anomaly and prebent it from absorving energy scattered throughout the map. Other than that core game wont have much in terms of big boss events other than world bosses. Heart of thorns is designed around map wide teamwork to kill bosses and complete events. Every map has its own event chain with a big fight at the end and they are still active. Path of fire also features some big events with bosses but not that big as heart of thorns.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

So, the question is, what makes those bosse's fights so much fun?

Spontaneous combat. (Labyrinth Horror)Obvious animations that are punishing if not reacted to (Lich)Thoughtful Mechanics (Candy Corn Elemental)

Anything that makes pressing more than [1] to do the majority of the boss makes it more entertaining. This is why Scarlet Briar was so fun.However, this can quickly sour if the people you are running with are not well versed in general combat and down often.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Obvious animations that are punishing if not reacted to (Lich)

This x10000. ANet has slipped further and further from clear enemy combat cues as the years have gone by. It seems like many of the new mobs in this expansion and most of them in the last use the same or at the very least nearly identical animations for several different abilities, each of which you need to react to differently, and with no reasonable window in which you can react.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Obvious animations that are punishing if not reacted to (Lich)

This x10000. ANet has slipped further and further from clear enemy combat cues as the years have gone by. It seems like many of the new mobs in this expansion and most of them in the last use the same or at the very least nearly identical animations for several different abilities, each of which you need to react to differently, and with no reasonable window in which you can react.

Yeah, they changed the Viscount. In years past, he was fun to do (the lich not so much). But now he has an instant skill that hits for 16k+ that has no tell, no red circles to dodge out of, etc. Just stupid mechanics. The Lich was silly on first release until they fixed its healing, now its okay, though way to spongy. Steve is the best boss though. Bit of a damage sponge, will chase you all over gods creation, usually pops up at the most inopportune times. He's hilarious. Plus he dropped the Legend precursor for me, so he'll always have my vote for one of the best bosses...

@PopeUrban.2578 said:Go play instances like higher tier fractals and raids if you want challenging PvE content in GW2. They make the open world faceroll on purpose for the most part because it's the pve skill floor intended to have the least challenging content that can be played casually and mostly solo.

There is different difficulty in instanced content as well as open world content. The intention of open world content in general is to provide something for everyone that can be played at any time. It being soloable isnt a prerequisite (group events, metas, world bosses) per say.

HoT has challenging in areas. The labyrinth has some challenging bosses. and PoF has challenging areas. No need to go do high tier fractals if the challenge is there in the open world.

Same with there being low lvl fractals and high level fractals.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:

So, the question is, what makes those bosse's fights so much fun?

Spontaneous combat. (Labyrinth Horror)
Obvious animations that are punishing if not reacted to (Lich)Thoughtful Mechanics (Candy Corn Elemental)

Anything that makes pressing more than [1] to do the majority of the boss makes it more entertaining. This is why Scarlet Briar was so fun.However, this can quickly sour if the people you are running with are not well versed in general combat and down often.

THIS! The part of spontaneous combat is really nice!I don't like doing dungeons, it feels too mechanic, people are always rushing to end it asap.

@"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:Uhhh honestly the majority doesnt consider them fun, thats why most lfg groups say "skip bosses" it takes too long to kill them for 0 payoff(gee unrewarding boss fight in gw2 amirite?) . To answer your question though you might want to try and kill the roaming ley-line anomaly from the current event achievemennt tab. Google it so youbknow where it spanwns and at what time. But now with the haloween event and the expansion i dont know if people still kill it. You have to cc the anomaly and prebent it from absorving energy scattered throughout the map. Other than that core game wont have much in terms of big boss events other than world bosses. Heart of thorns is designed around map wide teamwork to kill bosses and complete events. Every map has its own event chain with a big fight at the end and they are still active. Path of fire also features some big events with bosses but not that big as heart of thorns.

Now that you mentioned it i can say i really had a lot of fun too on Verdant Brink meta (and bosses like the Patriarch) and Dragon's Stand fights.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@PopeUrban.2578 said:Go play instances like higher tier fractals and raids if you want challenging PvE content in GW2. They make the open world faceroll on purpose for the most part because it's the pve skill floor intended to have the least challenging content that can be played casually and mostly solo.

There is different difficulty in instanced content as well as open world content. The intention of open world content in general is to provide something for everyone that can be played at any time. It being soloable isnt a prerequisite (group events, metas, world bosses) per say.

HoT has challenging in areas. The labyrinth has some challenging bosses. and PoF has challenging areas. No need to go do high tier fractals if the challenge is there in the open world.

Same with there being low lvl fractals and high level fractals.

After all the comments and this one to resume it all, i think i can say that what makes these fights challenging is that you have to react to their actions, just like PvP.The fact that they appear from the doors and make the lazy-tag-to-loot-train work hard is another factor that contributes to the "fun meter".Well, for more challenging open world content! People should gather togheter to have fun, the loot must be consequence of that. I never understand that RIBA farm on SW. It's boring AF, but people do it for the profit...

@Malafaia.8903 said:I'm not much of a hardcore PvE guy. I love open world, meta events and PvP content on GW2.I would never join these lab farms if pvp season was still going (and the balance wasn't that chaos), but i've played it for like 3 hours in a row yesterday as a support Ele and it was a kitten blast!

Anyone could recommend more PvE content like this? I mean, when i'm fighting world bosses it's always for the loot, it's boring, there's no sense of real contribution to the fight.Otherwise, in this event bosses you KNOW you have to CC them kitten or they're going to wreck the kitten out of everyone, ie.So, the question is, what makes those bosse's fights so much fun?

What it is boring or fun to you, may not be for someone else.

Archived