Player House instances!

MrNecro.7485

Hello fellow people,

I was thinking if there is a possibility for Guild Wars 2 to have instanced player housing in the future like they were in Wildstar for example.

If you never played, it would be an instance of land, where you as a player can place every placeable object as you wish (furniture, trophies, fun gadgets, mining nodes etc.) via controlling of their X,Y,Z positions in the instance.Very accurate placement would give us the possibility of making our own constructions and even super nice jumping puzzles!

You could visit the instances of other players if you would want to finish their jumping puzzles or spend some time with them.

This would also be a huge possibility for ArenaNet to make some money, since they could bring skins of different items, furniture, gadgets to the cash shop specifically for placement in the home instance.

I think the possibilities are endless!

Also make ready buildings available in the cash shop for people who are not very talented or don’t have as much imagination.(like me)

I don’t know exactly how much time and money it would take to make something like this, but maybe it is worth looking at.

It would certainly help bringing more fashion to the cash shop and more revenue for this awesome game!

Please let me know what you think.

@Valandor.9506 said:I honestly do not think GW2 needs that. If you want to be creative and basically design your own instance (together with friends) Guild Halls are doing a fine enough job for that.

Guild halls require gold and the area of the guild halls dont always go with the the theme of what u want to build and also you may not be a officer/leader of the guild to be allowed to decorate the GHWith housing ppl could buy decos on gemstore or tp and make whatever they like on it... Anet could earn some money from it i think but your point still stands

I like the idea and am for it but fear that the investment will not generate a big enough return for Anet to try it. It would basically be another game mode that would have a subset of interested players. We don't need another game mode to split the attention of the devs. This is why the "Alliances meme" exists in WvW. I want them to do less things really well before adding on entire new catagories.

As much as I think it's a waste of time ... I'm certain most of the unwashed casual masses in the game would be over the moon to get it ... so please Anet, put instanced housing in the game and monetize the hell out of it and milk these people of their money so we can get REAL content in the future.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@MrNecro.7485 said:If you never played, it would be an instance of land, where you as a player can place every placeable object as you wish (furniture, trophies, fun gadgets, mining nodes etc.) via controlling of their X,Y,Z positions in the instance.

I have one! It's called guild hall. :)

Ignoring the initial gold cost of the guild hall, you need a group of people to consistently do guild missions and donate goods to give you the option to make decorations. Then you need special permissions to craft the decorations and use them. Then you have to tolerate members making obscene topiaries , using decor you intended for yourself or using a spot you wanted to use.

Guild Halls are not the same as personal housing.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@MrNecro.7485 said:If you never played, it would be an instance of land, where you as a player can place every placeable object as you wish (furniture, trophies, fun gadgets, mining nodes etc.) via controlling of their X,Y,Z positions in the instance.

Not everyone has modify access.

@Obfuscate.6430 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I have one! It's called guild hall. :)Ignoring the initial gold cost of the guild hall, you need a group of people to consistently do guild missions and donate goods to give you the option to make decorations.

I'm having a one-woman guild for that purpose. I have the guild hall all to myself and am doing guild missions with a bunch of GW2 friends, and have no issues to upgrade and decorate by myself. ;) Yes, it's expensive, but player housing would be, too, don't you think?

Sure, us, housing lover may be a minority or a good group. How I see the things currently: There is too much group activities for not that much Solo-able content. By Solo-able; it's about things you can occupy yourself with. The currents things are: Story, Map completion , Adventures (not content to me), Farming whatever (not content to me), " Sun Refuge" , decorating in guild hall if you are decorator with permissions (and if you claimed and invested materials). And yes that's all!

Compare it with group content! Dungeons - Fractals - Raids - Srikes - Visions - World Bosses - Bounties - Meta Events - Activities - Festival Activities - RP - Guild Missions.

If you simply enjoy being alone, or designing/creating something (being the creative type) you may want to have your little cozy home; really, we are an hero without house? I can already smell the questions:-"Go play a game with housing" -> You missed the purpose: If I want to design a home, it's a home using GW2 3D assets! I want to build it with asura stuffs, charrs stuffs and so on; not with the models from any other game!-"It will not produce revenue for them, they are losing doing it!" -> Again, wrong. Small, or big community, it is easy to monetize it: Gems to expand your plot. Gems to have an additional floor. Gems to add crafting stations. Gems to add services. Gems to have Npcs to place. Gems To have a basement. Gems to buy decos pack released along story episodes or festivals. Of course along the free starting set including: A home based on any race architecture and its workbench to craft some decos; a jukebox NPC, and a designer NPC to change floors and walls.-"You saw sun refuge and eye of the north! What do you expect?" -> The idea of sun refuge was nice with its quests, but even as a pact outpost it was bad, and all the quests were quite fast to complete. The upgrades were limited and so not a lot things to do. It could have been melted with guild hall to bring them back under spotlight.-"You already have guild hall, why?" -> The decorations system is costly, and a draft: The decos are hell to craft, and the links between each component is labyrinthine. You have to make small components to fuse then add another thing... You are rapidly lost. That new system would be straight. A table? Just 4 dowels and 3 planks! (Well maybe some nails). The home instance on the other side, have the meaning of existing to support the personal story. But it got some nice uses like chef 500, the nodes, and kitties.Second point, not everyone is in a guild or have the money to claim a guild hall. Some may even not want to do the claim mission everytime... and again, the materials, you have upgrades , called "Guild Hall Decorations Merchant 1 and 2" "Guild Trader 1, 2, 3, 4, 5" and workshop; all of thoses needed to be able to purchase all the decos at the merchants; at the start, you don't have lattices and monuments as example. And, no, they aren't free, and very costly in materials.One of the issue too, is there is no system of soul/account bound, any deco you make, can be stolen by anyone! (not have that issue, we respect each other, and made map showing "homes").

So no, you can't generalize those players by simply saying, go play another game, or things like go play minecraft.Raids are a community of players, and so? Fractalers are a community of players and so?Why the Housers and Rpers communities dont have the right to exist with tools clearly helping them?

(Btw, as rper, I think just about cool nice empty places to rp in; abandoned lab, ruins of ancient civilization, whatever, without foes. see, I haven't asked a lot.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I have one! It's called guild hall. :)Ignoring the initial gold cost of the guild hall, you need a group of people to consistently do guild missions and donate goods to give you the option to make decorations.

I'm having a one-woman guild for that purpose. I have the guild hall all to myself and am doing guild missions with a bunch of GW2 friends, and have no issues to upgrade and decorate by myself. ;) Yes, it's expensive, but player housing would be, too, don't you think?

I do not think that this is an adequate or even a good idea. The guild halls are for groups...yes you can customize them...yes you could do a 1 person guild...but that is ot what they are for and there is lots that is missing. What guild halls do prove is that the personal player housing tech is possible in GW2. The engine would allow people to decorate, personalize, and maintain a home. The game already has the tools.

The tools would have to be tweaked of course and the bigger issue would be if the game servers could handle all of the added data of every player decorating. There are decorator limits in guild halls for a reason.

Everyone stating that the devs should use their time elsewhere just need to stop. Housing enthusiasts could say the same for your pet project.

Personally, I think ANet should expand and leverage the personal home instances that we already have by changing one of the plots of land in the instance into a personal deco area where the player could add furniture and deco items learned in the scribing skill already in game. Trophies is the big one. Being able to add trophies to the hall of heroes was fun in GW1 and a missed opportunity in GW2.

@Obfuscate.6430 said:Guild Halls are not the same as personal housing.

the only thing that's bad about using guild halls as personal housing is that guild halls are too huge for 1 person.

they're even too huge for a small-ish guild with less than 20 members. -- for small sized guilds i prefer a small fort/castle type guild hall with less useless wide-empty spaces.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:I do not think that this is an adequate or even a good idea. The guild halls are for groups...yes you can customize them...yes you could do a 1 person guild...but that is ot what they are for and there is lots that is missing.

Good thing you can be in more than just your 1-person bank storage guild. ;)

@"Astyrah.4015" said:the only thing that's bad about using guild halls as personal housing is that guild halls are too huge for 1 person.

While I agree, it also gives great opportunities for decoration. And certain guild hall spots even contain spaces that can be used as a "house". :)

Don't get me wrong, I am not against player housing. I just don't find it an urgent request due to what we already have. (Of course I would totally buy a house, too, if it's cool - give me my mansion! :p )

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

It's his own guild hall, you'd be surprised how many people out there have a private guild hall

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@MokahTGS.7850 said:I do not think that this is an adequate or even a good idea. The guild halls are for groups...yes you can customize them...yes you could do a 1 person guild...but that is ot what they are for and there is lots that is missing.

Good thing you can be in more than just your 1-person bank storage guild. ;)

@"Astyrah.4015" said:the only thing that's bad about using guild halls as personal housing is that guild halls are too huge for 1 person.

While I agree, it also gives great opportunities for decoration. And certain guild hall spots even contain spaces that can be used as a "house". :)

Don't get me wrong, I am not against player housing. I just don't find it an urgent request due to what we already have. (Of course I would totally buy a house, too, if it's cool - give me my mansion! :p )

yeah housing would be great, i wish gw2 had housing but i understand it's not something the devs wish to prioritise plus we've survived without housing for so long, so we'd be fine if EoD didnt have player housing for Cantha

@crepuscular.9047 said:

It's his own guild hall, you'd be surprised how many people out there have a private guild hall

If many people doing this, they need to make housing then.It shows how many people interested in this, so make an official housing, make it good.Attracts players from other MMORPGs to come here.

People play MMORPGs for niche things, like they love to craft, they love to do housing, etc.

People outside GW2, they don't see housing.A good MMORPG has a good outside view, as in people who don't play the game, they look at it and see what it has.They see no housing in this game.Frankly, Guild Hall is too big too. Has no outside view, still not enough creativity.I don't want all these NPCs, I don't want this cannot remove object over here.

Thats a guild hall.We want creatable housing.Not create a guild hall.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"MrNecro.7485" said:If you never played, it would be an instance of land, where you as a player can place every placeable object as you wish (furniture, trophies, fun gadgets, mining nodes etc.) via controlling of their X,Y,Z positions in the instance.

If many people doing this, they need to make housing then.It shows how many people interested in this, so make an official housing, make it good.Attracts players from other MMORPGs to come here.

People play MMORPGs for niche things, like they love to craft, they love to do housing, etc.

People outside GW2, they don't see housing.A good MMORPG has a good outside view, as in people who don't play the game, they look at it and see what it has.They see no housing in this game.Frankly, Guild Hall is too big too. Has no outside view, still not enough creativity.I don't want all these NPCs, I don't want this cannot remove object over here.

Right. "If". Anet has the metrics to know how many players are doing this in guild halls. I'm sure that is factoring into their decision whether or not to implement housing.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:It's his own guild hall, you'd be surprised how many people out there have a private guild hall

Her, not his ;) , and yes, many have bank guilds.

You have to obtain a guild hall if you want to upgrade your guild bank for storage purposes (GH level 32 is required for the last tab), and people do that if they have the resources and enjoy the process.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:If many people doing this, they need to make housing then.

As explained above, that is not the main reason why people are creating their own 1-person guild. It's just a nice side effect that you are able to decorate (and create your own sleeping place, park, or whatever you desire to place in your guild hall). I originally did not intend to go in that direction, but by now my guild hall looks really cozy, heh.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

If many people doing this, they need to make housing then.It shows how many people interested in this, so make an official housing, make it good.

Nope, they arent so shallow just for The Sims simulator, they wanted the private guild bank. I saw on Youtube someone had 4 private guilds just for the guild banks.

Attracts players from other MMORPGs to come here.

Not sure why you want to play a half baked The Sims simulator in a game of different genre?

People outside GW2, they don't see housing.A good MMORPG has a good outside view, as in people who don't play the game, they look at it and see what it has.

does the biggest MMO WoW have player housing? nope, a proof of player housing is not needed

They see no housing in this game.Frankly, Guild Hall is too big too. Has no outside view, still not enough creativity.I don't want all these NPCs, I don't want this cannot remove object over here.

Private guild halls are mansions, housings in other games that attempted are like sheds