What's your favorite content?

Sylent.3165

PvX, I'm one of those players who actually enjoys playing every gamemode of this game, platinum rank, 150 LI's so far, i wvw organized squads the fridays, and i enjoy pve farming, sometimes i fractal t4 dailies with my friends, i do a little of everything... except dungeons, that thing is done for good.

70% of my MMO life been playing content solo. I'm more of a solo player and enjoy playing alone.I do like doing some content with others and won't back down on helping someone that needs help. Like 3 or 4 weeks ago someone asked me if I could help with the last story mission in PoF which I had no problem doing so or of course the usual cases of I see someone dying/downed/dead trying to fight something I would go in to help.

It would've been more than 70%, but FFXI forced me to have to "GW2 Raid mode" to play.As in wait a few hours for a party to form or maybe the whole party is formed right away, but people have to meet at the destination which took almost real-life travelling time.

It's also why I don't like so many of the classes within in the game as I have problems soloing in so many of them.

Other, because I mostly play large-scale open world, WvW and solo stuff. I have been piddling around in fractals a bit and used to do dungeons back when no one had exotics even, before all the nerfs, when they were harder.

I'm pretty eclectic, in part because I'm picky. Story has been problematic for more than six months as I have found myself unwilling to redo entire instances several times before the game deigns to acknowledge that I finished. So I do that very sparingly on days I'm feeling why-the-heck-not. While I enjoy herd WvW and large-scale PvE, the (practically) unbridled nature of particle effects cause problems for me. So, I don't do either for very long. I only do fractals with friends. Dungeons, well, they just don't have any allure, and I am unwilling to PuG. The times I have, I've had anything from congenial randoms to non-congenial, and my patience, while better, is not as good as _t could be. That means I tend to spend any time other than above exploring and doing other solo stuff.

While solo content appeals to me to a large degree and is what I play most, what has always stood out to me in GW2 compared to previous games I played is the ability to just run in and get into the action immediatly in the larger events. No need to party up or do any large amount of prep, just get in there! Also I like the aspect that you are busy with exploring or something else and suddenly you go like "wow, what is happening over here?". I always love when I encounter these events for the first time.

Open World Content: anything that's unorganized that I can jump into when I have the time and don't feel obligated to hang around when I don't have the time. I've never enjoyed the instanced content in GW2, other games just do a much better job with dungeons and raids. But I keep coming back to GW2 because there's always something else I can do outside of the instanced content. Whereas in games like Blade and Soul or Wildstar, you can only run the same instances so many times until you get sick of it. GW2 would be the only game I play if they allowed me to grind out all my gear and upgrades through open world content similar to what they did with the LS3 maps.

All 3 of the PvE options.

I spend most of my time doing solo PvE, and I do really enjoy it. I can get very easily distracted in games so I love just wandering around and seeing what I find. I might set out to reach the next story instance and then 45 minutes later a combination of events, gathering nodes and interesting scenery has lead me 1/2 way across the map in the opposite direction and now I'm doing a mini dungeon I didn't even know existed. (I'd do the same in real life if getting home again was as easy as clicking on my house on a map and paying a small fee.)

That's also why I play solo a lot of the time - when I'm with a group I feel like I have to focus on what we're supposed to be doing and can't just wander off, and sometimes that's surprisingly hard for me. I first finished the personal story back when Arah was still a 5-man dungeon. 4 of my friends were nice enough to help even though they'd all done it months before and I genuinely had to keep reminding myself not to jump off the airships because we needed to finish the dungeon, even though it was me that needed it. (When we finished it I did jump off, and it turned out you could swim around under the dungeon and find Zhaitan's corpse.)

But when I'm in the mood for them and I know I have time to complete it I do really enjoy doing the big group events in the open-world and dungeons and Fractals. I want to start doing raids at some point too. Some of my best experiences in the game have come from those areas, and they're a major part of why I don't just play single-player games. So even though I spend less time on them it's hard to say which I actually like most.

I definitely wouldn't want anet to focus on just 1 of those and stop or reduce development on the others. I also play WvW sometimes and maybe if they added more variety to PvP I'd get into that too (I used to enjoy Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in GW1) so more development on those could actually be great for me even if it's not what I spend most my time doing now.

I had too choose other because solo content is meaningless to me. A solo instance is different from an open world jumping puzzle that I can solo. I like open world stuff mostly, and I love jumping puzzles. Probably my favorite content specifically. However, I also like to do story instances duo, or with a group, because I them more fun that way.

I enjoy doing everything except PvP and Raids (the later because of how the Raid community acts on average, not because of the raid content itself)Mostly I play Open World, Fractals and WvW but the content I enjoy the most is stuff like the Queens Gauntles that is not catered towards huge groups of people hitting a pinata really hard but rather catered towards beeing a challenge for individual players or at least require every participant to have a certain amount of skill.

To me, your first two picks are the same thing. Large scale, non-instanced DEs and metas are solo-friendly. For me. Can't speak for anybody else. It's a way for me to participate in big events, but still be largely autonomous and introverted. And they don't have to be easy, they can be more complex things like Triple Trouble, which I also find 'solo-friendly'.

Maybe that's a weird way to look at it, but the way they designed the game open, without 'tagging', in the old sense, all those DEs, big or small, give me a way to play with a lot of people, but also largely alone.

So I pick the first two things. :)

Archived