Sooo how about that episode 2?

Whats the topic?Whats the question?When it is.. is that what you’re asking?

The 2-3 month period is also a bit more lenient this time of year since they had 2 weeks winter break.My prediction is:Feb 6th the Lunar Festival announcement.Feb 13th the actual festival, since the holiday is on the 16th.Then either 20th or 27th they'll have to give us the trailer.If the festival lasts three weeks theres most likely one week overlap

If its anything else.. please make a cohesive topic.

@Ignigknawt.7869 said:It's only been 2 months ;___;

Keep in mind that Ep 1 was a huge patch- raid wing, fractal, map and very good story, I'd rather give them one more month to prepare every detail of story etc.

Also they keep Lunar Year late this year, so it seems they need some more time.

My hopes for Ep 2 release:1) Legendary Longbow2) Story just like in Daybreak- it was just a huge leap from what we saw in S3 and this.3) a new map4) new mount related to the location5) a good trailer- Daybreak trailer was pretty good, but it could be better, I hope the new trailer's creator- Jessica Price will put trailers on a better level.

To me, releasing the festival and balance patch just a week apart just seems like it would be a headache. I figured they would release them on the same day due to only having to bug fix the one patch. Who knows though. We haven’t had an announcement for the festival so I guess that timeline could be right. Was hoping for a surprise announcement on Friday for the festival Tuesday with balance patch but I’m probably just too hopeful. Was hoping we’d get a bunch of awesome decorations too but that shaman has only posted about a datamined dog statue. :’(

Wonder if we’ll get a bunch of new activities like we did with winters day?

@"cptaylor.2670" said:To me, releasing the festival and balance patch just a week apart just seems like it would be a headache. I figured they would release them on the same day due to only having to bug fix the one patch. Who knows though. We haven’t had an announcement for the festival so I guess that timeline could be right. Was hoping for a surprise announcement on Friday for the festival Tuesday with balance patch but I’m probably just too hopeful. Was hoping we’d get a bunch of awesome decorations too but that shaman has only posted about a datamined dog statue. :’(

Wonder if we’ll get a bunch of new activities like we did with winters day?

I'd not expect more than a mount race around DR. :D

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Whats the topic?Whats the question?When it is.. is that what you’re asking?

The 2-3 month period is also a bit more lenient this time of year since they had 2 weeks winter break.My prediction is:Feb 6th the Lunar Festival announcement.Feb 13th the actual festival, since the holiday is on the 16th.Then either 20th or 27th they'll have to give us the trailer.If the festival lasts three weeks theres most likely one week overlap

Agreed. I would expect a 2 week delay also. I don’t know how they will put the lunar festival with episode 2. Maybe same time? Maybe festival first then new episode? Who knows. But since ep 1 was released somewhere in the 20s. I’m expectecing trailer on feb 20. And then maybe release at like the last week of February or early March.

However the festival and ep is planned idk. But I’m thinking they will release the festival first.... maybe.

@blambidy.3216 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Whats the topic?Whats the question?When it is.. is that what you’re asking?

Agreed. I would expect a 2 week delay also. I don’t know how they will put the lunar festival with episode 2. Maybe same time? Maybe festival first then new episode? Who knows. But since ep 1 was released somewhere in the 20s. I’m expectecing trailer on feb 20. And then maybe release at like the last week of February or early March.

However the festival and ep is planned idk. But I’m thinking they will release the festival first.... maybe.

we know from past experiences that festivals and story chapters dont wait for eachother.while unlikely, there's always the chance they'll have 4-2 and LNYF go live at the same time

I actually saw a lack of communications in the past weeks about anything. This actually started shortly after Mike Z started taking over the game lead. This week the lid seems to be off and news is coming in from all fronts. It seems Arenanet is very active, but there is a change in what they are addressing (so it feels). I still think that if they would go very astray from the release schedule we would know about it allready, but I also feel they need some time to cope with this all.I would love to see Mike Z his version of a state of the union (call it a state of the game). Where he shares his philosophy and path of the game in the next years.

Im sure u can understand what the opener mean. The 2 others above u had no trouble at all.

@zealex.9410 said:

Im sure u can understand what the opener mean. The 2 others above u had no trouble at all.

There’s no excuse to not making cohesive topics.There’s really no statement or question, so one can only guess what its about. The three of us gambled on “its been two months, where is the chapter”, but it remains a gamble at best.So I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here, unless you’re seriously just trying to defend someone not making a proper post?

@Arden.7480 said:

Keep in mind that Ep 1 was a huge patch- raid wing, fractal, map and very good story, I'd rather give them one more month to prepare every detail of story etc.

My hopes for Ep 2 release:1) Legendary Longbow2) Story just like in Daybreak- it was just a huge leap from what we saw in S3 and this.3) a new map4) new mount related to the location5) a good trailer- Daybreak trailer was pretty good, but it could be better, I hope the new trailer's creator- Jessica Price will put trailers on a better level.

At least first few episodes should have been done already before season started. LW team is seperated from expansion team, they had enough time after One Path Ends.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

At least first few episodes should have been done already before season started. LW team is seperated from expansion team, they had enough time after One Path Ends.

I'm aware, but not only LW team is working on that, but also programmers, designers, everything must be discussed and if they will release ep 2 in 3 months cadence, then they will keep their promise. :)

@Arden.7480 said:

Anet didn't make the Lunar New Year late; the moon did that all on its own!

Don't forget it's actually not in Anet's interest to release things as far as possible. Sure some people will breeze through the content as fast as they can make it (or even faster) and then be left waiting for the next thing, but other people like to take their time or don't have as much time to play, or haven't finished everything in the base game and the expansions and want to play that too.

That was part of the reason they dropped the bi-weekly release format. Anet were churning out content as fast as they could make it - and didn't have time for some things we get now like new open-world maps or many achievements more complicated than 'kill 10/50/100/500 of X' and it still wasn't fast enough for some people while others were feeling overwhelmed or getting left behind because they couldn't devote 8-10 hours every 2 weeks to one game. (No it's not a lot of time, but when you have a full time job, a family and friends and/or other interests to take up your time finding time every single week, or even every 2 weeks to complete the latest release can be difficult.)

Since they weren't keeping the fastest players happy anyway and a lot of other people were feeling overwhelmed, and Anet felt it was restricting what they could do I think it made sense to slow things down. I definitely feel like I see less complaints now than during Season 1, even from people who finish things quickly - because the new releases are built to be permanent and have more time put into them so they can have more replayability. Even if it's just a farm like Palawadan.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

There’s no excuse to not making cohesive topics.There’s really no statement or question, so one can only guess what its about. The three of us gambled on “its been two months, where is the chapter”, but it remains a gamble at best.So I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here, unless you’re seriously just trying to defend someone not making a proper post?

Someone's uppity :\ sorry if you found my post offensive, but I was literally just asking about episode 2 since they've had more than enough time to at least release a trailer by now.

@Ignigknawt.7869 said:

Someone's uppity :\ sorry if you found my post offensive, but I was literally just asking about episode 2 since they've had more than enough time to at least release a trailer by now.

See, now you're final asking a question we can answer :)To which i can now reply with certainty; tuesday 6th the announcement, tuesday 13th the patch, 16th the real world festival, and possibly the 20th or 27th the S4-2 trailer. (They could still do it after the 16th but that wouldn't make sense so it's petty sure we'll get an announcement coming Tuesday if they stick to common sense and their own MO)

(Dont forget the regular schedule is 2 to 3 months, plus 2 weeks to cover wintersday)

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:To which i can now reply with certainty; tuesday 6th the announcement, tuesday 13th the patch, 16th the real world festival, and possibly the 20th or 27th the S4-2 trailer.

The balance patch was said to be on the 6th. Considering they've started the festival more than a week early in the past, it'll likely start on the 6th, though they don't actually need a patch to start it, so it could happen whenever. The festival has lasted anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks, so it'll likely end on the 20th. Depending on how much time they want to buy, the trailer could be anywhere from the 20th to March 6th, though to stay true to their 2-3 month schedule, it'll have to be the 20th.

Episode 2 is probably already complete, assuming the living world teams continued to work on it while the releases stopped for PoF. This episode will be team 2, who finished season 3 a little over 9 months ago.

Archived