Exp is useless

I think its a shame that if youre not raising a any mastery all the exp goes to wasteI understand it shouldnt give anything major since doing events in the open world is rather easy but any almost any kind of reward would be niceFeels bad to see a huge amount of exp as part of a reward from an event and to have it mean absolutely nothing :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do get spirit shards for every level-up. Need those for some stuff. Not a lot, cuz I have about 2,000 of them now, but it's something other than nothing. I get your point, though. Also, if you're not able to unlock a Mastery because you lack points, then the exp is wasted. You only get spirit shards if you have all available Masteries for that region unlocked.

@"Amaranthe.3578" said:I think its a shame that if youre not raising a any mastery all the exp goes to waste

"To waste"? Max those Masteries and it will not go to waste. That's the whole point of the XP mastery blocker. ;)

I am currently in need of Spirit Shards, and XP is the only way (besides some core campaign story missions) to get hold of those, so I am grateful for the XP bonus this weekend. :)

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:You mean like in every other game when max level?

I've never understood the need for XP to be "valuable" once all levelling is done.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:You do get spirit shards for every level-up. Need those for some stuff. Not a lot, cuz I have about 2,000 of them now, but it's something other than nothing. I get your point, though. Also, if you're not able to unlock a Mastery because you lack points, then the exp is wasted. You only get spirit shards if you have all available Masteries for that region unlocked.

Had no clue we get spirit shards if we unlock all that regions masteriesI guess its something

@Ashantara.8731 said:

I am currently in need of Spirit Shards, and XP is the only way (besides some core campaign story missions) to get hold of those, so I am grateful for the XP bonus this weekend. :)

You get Shards as occasional drops from mobs, every Daily completion gives 3, and every Tome of Knowledge gives a shard on use by a lvl 80. (They can also be traded for Bags of Spirit Shards for easier bulk use.)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

You get Shards as occasional drops from mobs, every Daily completion gives 3, and every Tome of Knowledge gives a shard on use by a lvl 80. (They can also be traded for Bags of Spirit Shards for easier bulk use.)

I know that, thank you very much. That's still not enough compared to how easily you get them now with an enhanced XP bonus (besides, 3 shards per day for dailies is nothing when you can get plenty more by doing several core story missions in one day). I am now receiving dozens per day while doing map completion and simply wanted to express my gratitude. (There is no need to discuss spirit shards in detail. I merely stated, in response to the OP, that XP is not useless because of them.)

I was ok with the level cap being low like in Guild Wars 1 because it's just an arbitrary number at this point. But I'm a newbie at this game I've owned for going on six years lol. Can't seem to get into having to level to 80. Just seems soo boring to me lately and every game is just raising level caps making the entry to endgame that much farther away. Anyway that's my two cents.

I wish xp stopped being the bulk of daily achievement rewards for PVE because people are capped on both level and mastery now, and spirit shards just pile up because you get xp for literally everything. Maybe map bonus potions like the PVP/WvW potions would be better. Or else give a way to dump excess spirit shards in a way that benefits your character WITHOUT COSTING AN ADDITIONAL GOLD COST AS WELL. Too many PVE vendors charge not only a specific currency, that you might have excess of but also gold or karma as well which you might not be overflowing with so you can't really spend those. Like the bubble bauble traders for SAB. I'm not overflowing on gold or crystalline dust so spending them becomes less of an option, so I just end up throwing them away. Or Elonian Trade contracts.. you can't spend those without also spending karma (which I was using for other things) or gold. So they pile up with 0 use.

Spirit shards pile up and I rarely use them even though I'm currently working on a 6th and 7th legendary. I still almost have 2000 spirit shards, even after buying the bloodstone shards.

I woudd love it, if the game woudl give us a way to decide which kind of reward we want to receive from collecting Exp, that grants us no mastery, or no level up anymore...That there is only Spirit Shards do I find very uncreative. There should be some kinmd of list of various different chooseable rewards you receive if you collected enough Exp to basicalyl gain theoretically a level Up, which is 254k Exp if I remember right

Either:

X Spirit Shards, or1 Laurel, orXXXX to XXXXX Karma, orA random Bag of Tier 6 MaterialsA random Ascended timegated Crafting Materialect

The possible list of rewards is long and it also hasnt to be a by choice thign, it could also just be 7 various thigns that just circle through each day.. so that you always receive Spirit Shards for each theoetical level up past 80 on Mondays... Tuesdays you receive for each theretical level up then instead a Karma Vial, each wednessday you receive a WXP or Reward Track Boost per theoretical level up, every thursday then a laurel, every friday its than a bag of random tier 6 materials... every saturday then is per theoretical level uf a Pvp rank point/ or reward track booster and severy sunday a random ascended timegated craftign material...

his way would become all those instant level up items alot more rewarding and useful, if you could earn every day for every theoretical level up past lvl 80 a different reward item.

Just gettign always only Spirit Shards is boring and not really rewardign at all ...especialyl due to Spirit Shards being now not that really great reward with that you can do so muhc, and beign basically useless for you if you are not interest at all in legendary equipment

if there would be at least more general useful stuff to buy/trade in with spirit shards that is useful to the player, like turnign Spirit Shards for example in for globs of Ectoplasm, or turnign them in for Obsidian Shards, or turnign them in for mystic clovers, or turnign them in for mystic coins, or turnign them in for almagated gems would be awesome .. then id finalyl have some usage for like my over by now, havent counted a long time, but I guess im atm over 4k shards maybe and they become every day more with me having mostly no usage for them, cause i can trade them in for nothign that woudl be in fact useful/helpful for me, like the things i have counted up here

@Orpheal.8263 said:I woudd love it, if the game woudl give us a way to decide which kind of reward we want to receive from collecting Exp, that grants us no mastery, or no level up anymore...That there is only Spirit Shards do I find very uncreative. There should be some kinmd of list of various different chooseable rewards you receive if you collected enough Exp to basicalyl gain theoretically a level Up, which is 254k Exp if I remember right

Either:

X Spirit Shards, or1 Laurel, orXXXX to XXXXX Karma, orA random Bag of Tier 6 MaterialsA random Ascended timegated Crafting Materialect

The possible list of rewards is long and it also hasnt to be a by choice thign, it could also just be 7 various thigns that just circle through each day.. so that you always receive Spirit Shards for each theoetical level up past 80 on Mondays... Tuesdays you receive for each theretical level up then instead a Karma Vial, each wednessday you receive a WXP or Reward Track Boost per theoretical level up, every thursday then a laurel, every friday its than a bag of random tier 6 materials... every saturday then is per theoretical level uf a Pvp rank point/ or reward track booster and severy sunday a random ascended timegated craftign material...

his way would become all those instant level up items alot more rewarding and useful, if you could earn every day for every theoretical level up past lvl 80 a different reward item.

Just gettign always only Spirit Shards is boring and not really rewardign at all ...especialyl due to Spirit Shards being now not that really great reward with that you can do so muhc, and beign basically useless for you if you are not interest at all in legendary equipment

if there would be at least more general useful stuff to buy/trade in with spirit shards that is useful to the player, like turnign Spirit Shards for example in for globs of Ectoplasm, or turnign them in for Obsidian Shards, or turnign them in for mystic clovers, or turnign them in for mystic coins, or turnign them in for almagated gems would be awesome .. then id finalyl have some usage for like my over by now, havent counted a long time, but I guess im atm over 4k shards maybe and they become every day more with me having mostly no usage for them, cause i can trade them in for nothign that woudl be in fact useful/helpful for me, like the things i have counted up here

Agree with everything you said.

@Orpheal.8263 said:I woudd love it, if the game woudl give us a way to decide which kind of reward we want to receive from collecting Exp, that grants us no mastery, or no level up anymore...That there is only Spirit Shards do I find very uncreative. There should be some kinmd of list of various different chooseable rewards you receive if you collected enough Exp to basicalyl gain theoretically a level Up, which is 254k Exp if I remember right

Either:

Rather it be a Monday Tuesday Wednesday thing, do it based on the daily you are getting (day 1, day 2, day 3 type thing where it repeats after day 7).

I’d also like a choice of what to receive when I gain another level.After crafting 11 Legendarys, I still have over 7k Spirit Shards. I don’t need any more. If we could buy other things with Shards like what I’ve listed below, I’d be ok with 1 Shard per level. On a rotation wouldn’t be so bad either; for example, using other items in conjunction with Shards as a reward for levelling up;A choice of Material bag (T1-6)Goody bag of Cooking Materials.A transmutation charge (handed out like candy in PvP/WvW anyway.)A LaurelChoosy box of level 80 food consumables.Choosy box of level 80 utility consumables.1 Unidentified Dye.1 Gold.

These things are hardly gamebreaking items which would give some variety in rewarding PvE play after maxing Masteries.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:You mean like in every other game when max level?

I've never understood the need for XP to be "valuable" once all levelling is done.

In those other games you are encouraged to do open world content through other rewards.In those games you constantly continue the upgrade your gear.In wow for example you barely ever visit old zones and when you're capped the exp converts to gold.

Either:

And that would wreck the economy of T6materials, ascended time gated materials, maybe the entire economy altogether. All that for... A level up, one of the easiest things in this game the vast majority doesnt care about? Xp gets earned from virtually everything you do. We really want that, now?

Archived